[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The first human head transplant. Fake or not?I don't th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

The first human head transplant. Fake or not?I don't think that's real it sounds too soon to be real
> http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/oct/03/will-first-human-head-transplant-happen-in-2017

> http://www.businessinsider.com/head-transplant-hoax-2015-4
> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_transplant
>>
they already did it to a monkey a long time ago and the monkey lived for like a day.
>>
you can buy chad bodies instead of working out
>>
It should be called a body transplant
>>
What the fuck do you think, fake or not. You have The Guardian writing it about it. It's gonna go down.

The results, however, will disappoint the transhumanist cultists, since the guy is clearly a shucking and jiving hucktster. They'll just say my bad to the programmer family, who signed the release of course, and move on to the next thing.
>>
>>17269169
Transplanting head is not that hard. But it's pointless since we still can't link spinal cord once it's cut.
>>
>>17269239
>But it's pointless since we still can't link spinal cord once it's cut.
Then it's not a real transplant.
>>
>>17269211
Shame. So it's just another blood on our hands.
>>
File: GuQZUJE.jpg (37KB, 635x353px) Image search: [Google]
GuQZUJE.jpg
37KB, 635x353px
I'm afraid it wont be possible for... nine years.
>>
try to calm down!
>>
>>17269239
Stem cell research will probably solve the spinal cord repair issue, eventually. Think of the donor body as a life support system: a heart and lungs that machines can make work, to keep your brain alive until they can grow you a cloned body.

Honestly, would they really need the whole body? If we don't already have a machine that can oxygenate and pump blood (a heart-lungs box), that should really be something we're working on. Add a sugar drip and a dialysis machine to the loop, and you have The Head That Wouldn't Die.

Thing is, what the fuck would necessitate a WHOLE BODY transplant? What have you gotten up to that the only salvageable part of you is your head? You were decapitated and then your body was thrown into a volcano? This is "because we can" mad science stuff.
>>
>>17270359
>This is "because we can" mad science stuff.
Nobody will ever question that.
>>
How long before the poor start to sell their healthy bodies to an immortal upper class?
>>
File: 1427725263324-1.png (9KB, 572x686px) Image search: [Google]
1427725263324-1.png
9KB, 572x686px
>>17269172

And if they're announcing it to the public you KNOW the military is decades ahead in tech.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.