[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tibetan Artifacts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: WP_20151231_15_20_02_Pro.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151231_15_20_02_Pro.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
I came across artifacts that I have recently found to be Tibetan.

There is a story behind how they came into my possession but its long and detailed.

Would someone enlighten me on what exactly they are and if they are of any significance.
>>
>>17268918
there's no story OP, you just bought it from smugglers who takes these precious ornaments from ancient sites in Tibet, India, China heck most of Asia and smuggle it to western countries who are willing to pay good money for these.

what you posted seems to be a bowl, typically used with religious offerings to Buddha. There's also a practice in some remote Tibetian culture of cutting the dead bodies of old tibetian monks and scattering it across the cliff so that animals can feed off of it.

Sounds morbid?

It mostly isn't. It mostly comes from a noble belief to be useful to the very end of ones life. Even after death, the body is used by other organism instead of being a deadweight.

Also, in practical terms, it doesn't make sense to keep dead bodies in sacred places. There's no way to bury or cremate the dead in such high altitudes.

I don't remember correctly (studied Tibetian branch of Buddhism briefly) but the bowl was made out of the skull of these monks and used for blood collections or herbs.

If it is indeed a bowl, your shitty picture makes it hard to make out
>>
Thanks for supporting the plundering of the cultural heritage of Asia op. :^)
>>
File: WP_20151231_15_21_03_Pro.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151231_15_21_03_Pro.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
Was trying to post some more pictures but your lengthy post does clear some questions up.

I have two, one is some bone on the top with a silver plating on the inside the other is simply some sort of metal.

I also have some shitty pictures of a dagger of some sort.

Only have pictures of the top part.
>>
Somewhere in Tibet, an angry monk or something is still anxiously searching for his bed pan and prostate massager.
>>
>>17268991
wait was the first one you posted a bowl?

the second one (the one I am quoting rn) obviously looks like a ceremonial sword, a wooden carved sword. Can't be used irl obviously, perhaps used symbollically
>>
>>17269106
>searching for his bed pan and prostate massager.
how gay are you, you faggot
>>
>>17269162
>not using a prostate massager
How retarded are you, anon? Try it and see the results! I know you'll love it!
>>
>>17268918
Looks Mayan. Try killing all shills before asking.
>>
>>17268918
First picture is a Kapala.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapala
>>17268991
Second picture is a Phurpa.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C4%ABla_(Buddhism)

If these are indeed legitimate artifacts from Tibet, they're worth quite a bit (check ebay for pricing). I can't imagine how these would come into your possession if you have no idea what they are, so I can only assume you're full of shit.
>>
>>17268918
sorry to burst your bubble, but most are reproductions made in factories in china.

there is no story. all the authentic artifacts were either destroyed or confiscated by the chinese
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.