[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X Files

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 33

File: x-files-2016-premiere.jpg (306KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
x-files-2016-premiere.jpg
306KB, 1920x1080px
LET'S DISCUSS THE LATEST EPISODE, /X/! Frankly, I'm disappointed that I'm the one starting this thread.

How much do you think is bullshit and how much do you believe?

I personally liked most of it, but I'm sad that we lost the spoopy atmosphere of the earlier seasons. A lot of it does feel like fanservice, but I still love the post-9/11 world we're dealing with here. It kinda feels like this is continuing the movies, not the series.

Anyway, what does /x/ think about the X-Feels revival? (this does seem like the best place to talk about it)
>>
/x/ or ./x], but never /X/
>>
super fucking stoked on it. I did the whole 1 episode a day thing leading up to the new episodes.
>>
It just pisses me off that the re-engineered ship was destroyed so easily, and the scientists didn't plan for a possible destruction/theft of the ship.
>>
File: tumblr_nlwdju0wHZ1rbulcuo1_540.jpg (46KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlwdju0wHZ1rbulcuo1_540.jpg
46KB, 540x405px
>>17267228
noted, ./x] file.

>>17267231
I rewatched a few episodes with my GF in preparation for this glorious day.

Also, did any of you guys watch The Conspiracy (2012) or Uwe Boll's Rampage movies?
>>
>>17267228
You're*
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
>>17267268
if you'd watched the show you'd know that they deal with real-life conspiracy theories and paranormal phenomenae, with the original series being based on a lot documented cases of weird shit. Also, people post about spoopy movies all the time, why not a series?

>>17267244
I thought the same thing, but maybe they had a contingency plan like in Contact.
>>
>>17267244
They did plan for it. Remember they said a series of their other sites had been hit in the past. They just wern't able to hold against the governments muscle
>>
OP, there was a thread earlier, but it degenerated to shitposting. Things like, "my favourite part was when Skully was at first sceptical, then she grudgingly started to believe Mulder".

I enjoyed it, however. Looks like they took a page from /g (tap over laptop camera), /x (UFO and abduction), /pol (Gun grab portion) and /b (Russian chicks stomach scoops). Anyone have a screen grab of the stomach and pelvic area for research?
>>
File: Sem título.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Sem título.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>17267343
Here ya go, unless you mean from another scene
>>
>>17267220
I watched all of the x-files on netflix a couple years ago..its going to be hard having to wait for new eps
>>
>>17267391
I think its one every day, isnt it?
>>
>>17267399
Is it?? I'll have to check my tv
>>
File: VLXQRB5.jpg (54KB, 574x719px) Image search: [Google]
VLXQRB5.jpg
54KB, 574x719px
>>17267399
It's actually just the first two days, then it's on a weekly schedule

>>17267391
Did the same. I think it was early 2013, the best year of my life. I had also watched it periodically on television as I was growing up.

pic unrelated
>>
>>17267429
I know the second episode is on tomorrow night, so that makes me think its one every day.
>>
X-Files is the only show right now I can just put any ep on in the background and not get tired of it.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>17267381
yeah thats it. wish it was HD and without the pants. She was really hot in the Russian espionage tv show, The Americans.
>>
where can i watch this
>>
File: 449630_v1.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
449630_v1.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>17267458
I escaped flunking biology in high school because I admitted to the teacher that I spent the night before an important test watching an x files marathon on tv instead of studying. He smiled and said he did the same. Goddamn magical show.

>>17267491
You and me both, brother.

>>17267495
Internet, I guess. Torrents are recommended.
>>
>>17267542
gee thanks
>>
>>17267447
I think it's just these two in a row. Probably go to Monday nits after this but it's only 6ep
>>
>>17267542
thats funny, I am studying biology while watching the x-files right now.

better put tape over my webcam ;)
>>
http://gorillavid.in/xdwog3u91xtp
>>
>>17267495
http://projectfreetv.so/the-x-files-season-10-episode-1/
>>
File: 1423740880078.jpg (47KB, 520x367px) Image search: [Google]
1423740880078.jpg
47KB, 520x367px
It was... actually better than I thought it would be. Still a little weak, but we'll see where it goes.

CSM is back again. Which is good because his last "death" sucked worse than all of them, but bad because it makes him seem like a cheap comic book villain now. I also heard they might un-kill the Lone Gunmen? Can anyone verify?

>>17267244
What pisses me off was that they seemed to have zero security. Their other ships got blown up and there's not even so much as a watchman to yell "Hey, tanks are coming this way to blow up our shit!"? I mean, come on.

>>17267391
Back in my day, all we had was VCRs and reruns. You kids gotta learn to be patient.

>>17267606
Anyone know if the links here are legit and not full of viruses?
>>
>>17267307
they could just cloak n fly away..
>>
>>17268539
Yeah, this too. They could've at least turned it invisible and said it was already moved to another location.
>>
>>17267220
i dont like the whole its not aliens at all its just humans bbeing evil. And thhe alien crashed to give us its technology so we didnt kill ourselves with nukes? just seems fucking weird.
>>
File: tumblr_ndqeihFgAV1qdfs68o1_1280.png (1MB, 1027x765px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndqeihFgAV1qdfs68o1_1280.png
1MB, 1027x765px
>>17269173
We don't know what to believe yet, I somehow doubt this one won't turn out to be aliens
>>
File: 1451511049471.jpg (51KB, 546x550px) Image search: [Google]
1451511049471.jpg
51KB, 546x550px
either it is police state
or police state run by aliens
cant wait for episode
did mulder ever say why the state was gonna stage an alien invasion?
>>
If you missed it or wanna watch it again

https://kickass.unblocked.li/the-x-files-s10e01-hdtv-x264-killers-ettv-t11960706.html
>>
>>17268360
I liked The Lone Gunmen series more than I did half of the X - Files

dunno if I'm the only one feeling like this but The X - Files started to suck real fast, seasons 7,8,9 are literally unwatchable in my opinion

tl;dr I want The Lone Gunmen Season 2
>>
>>17269321
>seasons 7,8,9 are literally unwatchable in my opinion

Welcome to the club.

>I liked The Lone Gunmen series more than I did half of the X - Files

Gonna have to disagree with you there, though. But it wouldn't kill them to rerun it or put it on Netflix. HAVE they ever rerun it?
>>
>>17269341
I think they have it on Netflix now.
>>
>>17267220
You are disappointed?
You should see /tv/ they are taking it as disappointment of the decade and i frankly share their opinion.
What a letdown.
>>
>>17269359
I'll have to check, thanks.

>>17269376
>listening to anything /tv/ says

While it wasn't thrilling, it was a lot better than I thought it would be, considering what they did with the last three seasons and second movie. I'd rather watch this than any of those any day.
>>
File: scullychicken.png (412KB, 849x312px) Image search: [Google]
scullychicken.png
412KB, 849x312px
I'm a huge X-Files fan. I've seen all 201 episodes. I own lots of memorabilia. I live, breathe, eat X-Files and /x/ related subjects, stuff like that. I wasn't a huge fan of last night's episode, but it was so obviously just an introduction, sort of a"pilot" episode, if you will. They needed to recap and introduce (and reintroduce, for new viewers.) I'm not going to make an opinion of the new stuff until after I'm done watching all six episodes. Or at least until I can get a feel of what the new X-Files is really gonna be about.
>>
>>17269407
I liked it better when it was ''monster of the week'' rather than alien baby bullshit.
>>
>>17269448
MotW was good, but Mythology arc was also good, minus the stuff when they got to Super Soldiers and Alien Baby Jesus.
>>
>>17269448
I thought season 9 was terrible, but there's always been more than just "monster of the week' episodes. I liked the earlier seasons mythology episodes... I think the "monster of the week" episodes were great breaks from the main storyline. I actually enjoyed the show through season 7, and I liked some of season 8, but I was getting less interested after David Duchovny decided he didn't wanna be on the show as frequently anymore.
>>
File: Mlgdank.png (82KB, 400x324px) Image search: [Google]
Mlgdank.png
82KB, 400x324px
Guy is like a multigazilionare
shit that killed abduction chick ARV style
We see the OG alien ship in the beginning
>But it wasin't aliens
>Rosewell was just a smokescreen
>More aliens came
>>
The new X-Files show is heavy handed and corny.

The Mulder and Scully actors perform like they are bored to tears and hate their jobs, hate their lives.

The whole thing is wooden and predictable.

I'm saddened. I was hoping at least it be a fun watch.
>>
>>17269493
Also X-files the Movie screencap this im a time traveler
>>
>>17269497
>X-files the Movie

already happened. Twice. (Unfortunately.)
>>
>>17269499
yeah 3 times gonna be the strike on box office u digg?
>>
>>17269499
I liked the first movie a little
>>
>>17269502
Seeing as damn near everything is being made a trilogy these days whether it's a good idea or not, that's not an astounding prediction. Tell us whether DD and GA get married in the next five years or if DD elopes with NL.
>>
File: Fight_the_Future.jpg (95KB, 1366x900px) Image search: [Google]
Fight_the_Future.jpg
95KB, 1366x900px
>>17269504
I did too, it was the second one that sucked.
>>
>>17269516
funny thing is, I own the second one

I tried to watch it once, got bored in 20 mins
>>
>>17269524
Protip: Never buy a movie you've never seen.
>>
>>17269512
who is DD GA and NL
>>
>>17269496
I agree with your comment about the performances.
>>
>>17269529
gtfo n00b
>>
>>17269527
No big deal

got it for one euro from a video store closing

along with the full disk boxes of seasons 1,2 and 9 for 5 euros each

plus some other flicks again for 1 euro each, some bond movies, etc

I regret buying season 9 though
>>
>>17269538
Not too much of a loss, then.

>I regret buying season 9 though

Yeah, it is pretty terrible.
>>
>>17269537
dude I was born in the year 3796.
U dont know shit about AW BT and JH
>>
>>17267220
Never watched it all, is there a new series of it coming out then?
>>
I'm not sure what happened, but the writing was way too cheesy. So many moments with close ups and forced one liners.

And then there were the random forced conspiracy rants, which shove so much shit at you in such a short time that you're just like WOAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I know it's all based on popular conspiracies, but holy shit
>>
>>17269684
Yes, miniseries. Go watch seasons 1-5 now. Then maybe 6, skip 7-9.

>>17269770
>And then there were the random forced conspiracy rants

Yeah, they really did try to cram too much in there at once, appealing to all the popular current conspiracy theories and security concerns.
>>
someone said the Illuminati HAVE to announce what they are doing or plan on doing right in plain sight ..does anyone else think they used this show as that vehicle for what is about to happen ?
>>
>>17269882
This statement is predicated on so many layers of assumptions

its like saying, if you had a wife and your wife had a twins and the twins were both males which one would be better at football?
>>
>>17269882
I'd say you were totally retarded, but the lone gunmen did have an episode about the government using remote controlled planes to crash into the world trade center. So who knows.
>>
>>17269882
Fargo s02 had fucking UFOs popping up so who knows.
>>
Anyone has a picture of the smoking man with the neck thingy?
>>
So it looks like DirecTV is fucktarded and putting the second episode on a Fox channel we don't have instead of the main one, despite the fact that the first and third one are airing on the main one. Can someone set up a download when this airs please?
>>
File: google.jpg (218KB, 657x352px) Image search: [Google]
google.jpg
218KB, 657x352px
>>17267220
it's just choke me... so much true in one episode. People are just blind, I really hope this episode will be a motivation for whistleblower to talk about what is happening behind the scene...
>>
The sporadic word vomit of conspiracy is because the Tad guy is an Alex Jones stand in. Everything is an interconnected conspiracy of the NWO, buy my water filters.

It also gives Scully a pulpit to preach from when she needs to be the Voice of Reason.

Was the crash flash back for sure Roswell?
Could it have been the Aztec crash hoax-not-hoax?
>Roswell was a smokescreen
>>
>>17271790
Maybe so,I am glad they are introducing controversial information to the public in this series.

Hopefully more people start to question our government and reality in general.
>>
>>17271813
Anon, oh anon.
I hate to do this, but you gotta know the truth.
They're putting it in the show for laughs. The government spying and things the general public believes is happening is a 'look we're aware of stuff' nod, and every Faux Jones rant is a joke.

The revelations of NSA spying, which before Snowden was just a conspiracy theory itself, didn't trigger a mass public interest in what the government is lying about. Hell, a lot of people believe it's justified, they are either unconcerned with it or even support it.

The general public will write off any questioning and criticizing of government activity as a stupid conspiracy theory. You can talk to average people about declassified projects that are fully admitted to and validated with documentation and they will laugh in your face about the tinfoil being too tight on your head.
It has nothing to do with knowing the truth, they don't believe that the government would do those things, so it's not real. It doesn't matter how much data you show them, if it doesn't fit their biased assumptions about the world, then it's just paranoid bullshit.

This might get a few people to look up what they're referencing, but the majority watching have already made up their minds that it's crackpot nonsense.

I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>17271893
But most of it IS crackpot nonsense.

That said, I do worry about the fact that we have virtually zero privacy anymore and no one seems to care.
>>
>>17271911
The only ones that need to care are the ones doing something wrong
>>
>>17271977
'Nothing to hide, nothing to fear' is authoritarian bullshit.

The definition of 'something wrong' is malleable to whatever the government wants it to mean.
>>
So nobody gonna talk about the new episode? I want to cause that shit was crazy!!
>William confirmed alium hybrid
>2 telepathic children are on the loose
Yet the brother looked older, and the sister looked 5 years younger, not sure if that'll be explained, or was just a casting flaw
>scully is still being a bitch in some ways, yet falling out of the voice of reason role like always
>THAT DUDES EYES POPPED OUT
>the suicide was pretty gross to watch
>the bj mix up was hilarious
This season is really starting to feel like old x files and I'm stoked for the next episodes, really looking forward to home again for obvious reasons
>>
>>17269810
I guess that's par for the internet age.

>>17269882
lol, I think you should watch The Conspiracy (2012)

>>17271893
It'll get a younger generation interested, the ones who haven't made up their minds yet.

>>17271998
I think some degree of mandatory supervision is necessary, but not at the current level.

>>17272203
Eyyy, didn't read your whole post because I'm about to watch the new ep, but will comment on it soon.
>>
>>17269400
Agreed.

The last three seasons were lame and that second movie damn-near unwatchable.
>>
File: rainbow road.gif (2MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow road.gif
2MB, 540x540px
>>17267220
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6EB0WxAies

the illuminati did their home work
>>
>>17272203
>edgy kids w/ psychic powers
>lol im gonna pop this dudes eyes because he let me breath underwater and shit
Fucking teenagers.
Kinda reminded me of Alma from FEAR, but with less justification for being a cunt
>>
>>17267220
Bastards shot the piss out of that poor Ayy Lmao at Roswell.
>>
File: w6TDi8j.gif (2MB, 360x264px) Image search: [Google]
w6TDi8j.gif
2MB, 360x264px
>>17272203
I'm so excited for a proper monster of the week episode next monday! And the kids will probably show up again eventually.

>>17272460
Weren't they just 'simple' (retarded)?

>>17272489
Good night, sweet Ayy Lmao
>>
>>17271724
>I really hope this episode will be a motivation for whistleblower to talk about what is happening behind the scene...

Well, the Tad O'Malley character was actually based on Alex Jones, as admitted by the show's creator, Chris Carter. So, there's somewhat of a whistleblower already there for you, I guess...
>>
>>17272489
He did done nuffin wrong, just mindin his of bidnezz
>>
>>17272509
Yeah same here, and probably I mean it'd be dumb for them to not tie up loose ends since it's not confirmed if this will continue
>>
Before I watch the newest episodes, I have an honest question anons. How much supernatural shit other than aliens is covered, cause I tend to skip all alien conspiracy episodes in the older seasons and just watched the monster of the week ones?
>>
>>17268360
csm being undead. how do you think they will explain that he survived the missile attack in the last episode of season 9 "the truth"?
>>
>>17269407
well said.
>>
>>17272203
>2 telepathic children are on the loose
>Yet the brother looked older, and the sister looked 5 years younger, not sure if that'll be explained, or was just a casting flaw

man I think the sister was supposed to be 2-3 years older than the brother too since (i think) she was the little girl breathing underwater at 2 years old and the brother wasn't born yet
>>
>>17273226
was just a flaw. yes the sister molly was about 2 when kyle was born (his mother cut him out of her womb).
>>
>mulder, the internet is not good for you.
damn i love the new episodes!
>>
>>17273226
>Alien DNA injected into embryo

Mystery solved gang!
>>
>>17267307
Funny thing about that ship it is very similar to the ship mulder sees on the tarmac with the stoners(Seth green) s1e2 33 mins in.
>>
>>17273035
So in other words you watched filler and skipped the plot? Why watch the show? Try true blood out super natural probably more your style.
>>
File: cznvx1.jpg (68KB, 1263x693px) Image search: [Google]
cznvx1.jpg
68KB, 1263x693px
Yo what the shit are these things in the intro anyways. My whole life I've always thought they were walrus
>>
>>17273564
Aliens never worked for me. I watched it for the cases and monster of the week episodes were the pulpiest, corniest ones out there with no conspiracy and alien baby jesus shit. Shit, without the demon arc, Scully being the new mother of the savior would have been just "haha she doesnt believe in god, but she will become like a religious icon or something, its irony xd".
My question still stands - does the currently running show have monster of the week episodes or is it just focused on the ayylmaos?
>>
>>17273794
some monster of the week in the middle, they said, on the "episode zero" thing
>>
>>17273074
Well, he looked pretty burned, and had skin grafts.
>>
>>17273610
You know, all my life I thought they were elephants, but I read somewhere that they are seeds/flowers sprouting, proving once again that everything I thought I knew was a lie.

And I again request a download for this episode, as my local Fox channel is incompetent as shit.
>>
>>17273883
yeah, i know. but surviving a missile attack on these anasazi dwellings? that's pretty unlikely. i think they will have to adress this. maybe in the end the csm is so full of alien body parts, he's immortal.
>>
>>17271998
If the local police started to care about the shitty games I've pirated vs the drug dealers getting kids addicted or the car stealers and murderers then I would say they've gone too far. As for listening to every phone call and what we do on the internet. What are you doing on there that you really need to hide from the government? I would rather hide my information from big companies that use that info for whatever they like, there should be laws in place to prevent that over the govt. (which most likely will do whatever they want anyways). As they are in the x-files episodes with the children.
>>
>>17274061
I say things that are not politically correct and my life can be ruined just by the government telling someone to make a tweet about it.
>>
Was yesterday world premiere of the first episode? In Poland yes
>>
>>17274136
day of delay
>>
>>17267220
everything that mulder and the other guy said in the room is the truth except the "alien" part. In short, one world government.
>>
>>17274061
>I would rather hide my information from big companies that use that info for whatever they like, there should be laws in place to prevent that over the govt.
Not OP. It's tough, even google knows what I want in a matter of seconds compared to other search engines.
>What are you doing on there that you really need to hide from the government?
That's a good question. I think it comes down to "controlling the minds of the masses". For example, they will use search engines like google and other 3rd party services.
>pirated vs the drug dealers getting kids addicted or the car stealers and murderers then I would say they've gone too far.
not the local police officers but "comcast". I was one of the few who received the letter that's why I chose vpn to get away from those bastards lol.
>>
>>17274061
>What are you doing on there that you really need to hide from the government?
I have nothing to hide, and your assumption that I must be hiding something is part of the problem. I value privacy and mass data collection is a huge infringement upon that, especially when it is conducted by the government. Wanting privacy is not a criminal act and should not be regarded with suspicion. Wanting the government to operate within constitutional limitations, such as getting a warrant before they invade my privacy, is also not criminal behavior.

Corporations are already gathering all your info, how do you think the Government has been getting it? There's currently a huge issue over encryption, because companies have pushed back and said 'no we're not allowing you to have a backdoor, that will make our entire system unsecured'.
Yet another reason to oppose the bullshit spying scheme; it makes everyone's data unsecured. If the government can get in, any criminal hacker can get in that door as well and steal your life from under you.
>>
Guys, take this government spy debate to another thread, this is about X-Files.
>>
>>17268360
Lone Gunmen confirmed in casting.
>>
>>17268546
Or used that real convenient warp capability the ship had.
>>
>>17269496
>Obviously not an X-Files fan
Both Duchovny and Anderson have stated endlessly that they are "fucking overjoyed" and "more than happy" to be working on the show again.
>>
>>17274623
Nice
>>
>>17276587
>>17274623
FLASHBACKS
>>
the first episode was pretty much half recap combined with half plot build up
it could take a while for the story to regain momentum

using the same introduction was macabre though, hope they continue to use it
>>
So I've tried to forget Alien Baby Jesus even existed, but those "what if" spots weren't too bad.

Also "Sanjay" and "Gupta"? iseewhatyouguysdidthere.gif

We'll see how things work out with a MotW next time, but so far the series is exceeding my (admittedly low) expectations.
>>
I just started the show, on season 2 now. Are the movies worth watching?
>>
>>17267220
So when Sveta told Mulder that he interviewed her as a kid
was she lying or is there an episode that proves it?
>>
File: tumblr_nx7ebwRfhS1srnwquo7_400.gif (2MB, 353x284px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx7ebwRfhS1srnwquo7_400.gif
2MB, 353x284px
>>17276707
Fucking love that intro, that's my childhood right there

>>17277196
First one certainly is, right after the 5th season. The second one varies according to opinion, I actually like it and own it on dvd.

>>17277507
I think she wasn't lying but it probably didn't happen on screen in the series. Could be wrong, though.
>>
>>17277541
>I think she wasn't lying but it probably didn't happen on screen in the series. Could be wrong, though
I don't remember her or her name but there are 9 seasons so its hard to keep track of every detail
>>
>>17277551
Not to mention that of those 9 seasons, only 6 of them are good enough to make us pay atttention.
>>
>>17272203
I love how even Scully has seen so much shit psychic teen tantrums causing containers to burst doesn't even require being noted.
>>
>>17274030
http://www.fox.com/the-x-files/full-episodes
>>
>>17272460
>lol im gonna pop this dudes eyes because he let me breath underwater and shit

It's "breathe", by the way. And you're forgetting the part where he locked her up along with her mother and was possibly doing medical experiments on one or both of them and didn't tell her she had a brother. So it wasn't "Waah, I'mma kill you for giving me X-Men powers", it was "Fuck you for keeping me locked up here, dad, I'mma make your fucking eyeballs pop outta your head".

And BTW, that woman cut her baby "free", but did it then cut the umbilical cord itself or bite through it? Wait, scratch that second part, unless having teeth as an infant was part of its superpowers. And don't they usually have to clamp the end of those things so there won't be heavy bleeding? Any medfags wanna weigh in here?
>>
Anyone got a link to episode 2?
>>
>>17278586
See >>17273691
>>
>>17268360
>What pisses me off was that they seemed to have zero security
That.
I was sitting there feeling that I'm loosing my faith for that show. Are they for real? Even regular people can have some ammunition in the US and they're is messing with some anti-govt secret alien technology shit.
>>
>>17271977
>The only ones that need to care are the ones doing something wrong

Yeah, and the only ones that need to object to body cavity searches are people with drugs shoved up their ass. Bleated like a true sheep.
>>
I hope it gets viewer ratings to go from a 6 episode miniseries to a full season at least.

Viewers at 16 mil for episode 1, but only 9.7 mil for episode 2. Dunno if it's a failure of their scheduling or what.
Episode 2 numbers could bump with online viewers [if they watch on official websites], and probably on demand numbers.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but maybe there could be a partnership with Netflix, which could give them greater creative freedom than television broadcast. Netflix has the original show already, and will probably add the miniseries when it's wrapped up.
>>
File: sadmulder.gif (2MB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
sadmulder.gif
2MB, 500x378px
>>17281300
I'd love moar X Files on Netflix. It's a monster of a show with a huge inter-generational fanbase, so it'd a smart movie for both parties.

>>17279977
The Ayy Lmao is out there

>>17277622
At this point they should be prepared for everything. Why would they be surprised when this kinda shit happens so often?

>MFW there probably won't be a next season, only a new shitty movie
>>
>>17269516
I agree the second one was kind of less paranormal but as a annivesary movie it was decent
>>
its like the writers read what people post on /x/ and paranormal/insider palens and just change it a little for the show
>>
>>17284487
Wouldn't surprise me if they've lurked here at least once.
>>
>>17284487
Well they did the season 9 thing where they put fans names from forums in the opening credits, I wouldn't be suprised of they were lurking
>>
>>17286380
What, really? In the new opening? I sorta checked out around season 7 or 8 and didn't really watch much of those last three seasons during my X-Files marathon. I do remember they made a character based off a fan-fic writer that died.
>>
>>17286313
x-files episode about /x/
>>
File: tumblr_o06yky1UNG1v0mubyo1_540.gif (672KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o06yky1UNG1v0mubyo1_540.gif
672KB, 540x360px
>>17286402
season 9, bro, what we're watching now is season 10. But I wouldn't doubt something similar this time around.

>>17286442
They'll probably give it a shitty 90s name like how they still use FYNDER SPYDER instead of google

Also, I'm happy that this thread is still alive. Probably the most successful thread I've ever made on /x/.
>>
>>17287590
>season 9, bro, what we're watching now is season 10.

I know that, bro, what I meant by "new opening" was the one they did for season 8 and onward or whenever, because it's obviously not in the original credits. I'm asking where exactly these fan names are.

I actually like how they mostly use the original theme opening, but it only serves to highlight how much the actors have aged. They should have at least given them updated badges.
>>
Bump. New episode soon!
>>
>>17273794

Scully has always believed in god, she was just skeptical of the paranormal.
>>
>>17287605
Nah, time wise the aging is correct. And they wouldn't have new badges till maybe next episode.
>>
>>17289850
I'm talking about in the theme song. It's a bit jarring to see the characters as their younger selves, then see their older selves on screen.
>>
Quit using the duplicate thread, derps.
>>
>>17290661
>>17290669

You guys are really taking that rant at face value, aren't you? I bet you believe Mulder actually committed suicide in the season 4 finale too, didn't you?

I would not be surprised in the least if the characters have been mislead again and it really is an alien/government mixed conspiracy.
>>
about 6 months ago i downloaded all the old x files episodes. i made it about a a third of the way through. it was really not that good.

dark skies was actually a lot better.
>>
>>17286402
>>17287605
When the fbi report flashes by, if you pause they're all different names, they admitted for the first 10 episodes they were off of forums, and the last ten were from contest winners.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-29-21-17-30.png (751KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-29-21-17-30.png
751KB, 1920x1080px
>>17291064
Here's what I'm talking about
>>
>>17291072
Thanks. So this is from S8-9?

You can almost make out that blacked-out one. "DJ" something?
>>
So, some cases were humans masquerading as aliens

Others, though, were actually aliens, trying to help humanity. Their plots were foiled by the x-files crew, carrying out the wishes of the shadow government to stop the extraterrestrial interlopers.

Do I have this right?

I will honestly be crushed if not a single x-files case was a REAL alium
>>
>>17292583
>Others, though, were actually aliens, trying to help humanity.

Typically, the aliens have been invaders, or were actually here before humans and have returned to take back the planet. This whole "aliens helping humanity" seems more like what they were going for early on, which is another reason this whole setup seems fishy.
>>
>>17292593

Alright, that's even better, thanks for clarifying

I was kind of sad, it first sounded to me like they were trying to say all cases were just humans roleplaying
>>
>>17292603
It does sound like that, but it wouldn't be the first time they've tried to pull this on us. Don't believe everything they tell you right at first.
>>
>>17274623
Oh

Boy
>>
>>17277822
>And BTW, that woman cut her baby "free", but did it then cut the umbilical cord itself or bite through it? Wait, scratch that second part, unless having teeth as an infant was part of its superpowers. And don't they usually have to clamp the end of those things so there won't be heavy bleeding? Any medfags wanna weigh in here?

The baby was more than likely snatched up by some spooks that were part of the project after the husband called and said hey my bitch is escaping with our alien babby
>>
>>17269882
if they did it's not like anyone is going to do anything about it because people are too submitted to their electronics.
>>
>>17291024
>dark skies was actually a lot better.

This.
>>
They're just spamming /x/ stuff without dept so far
>>
>>17293703
No, it was indicated that the other woman found him and took him in, remember? So he essentially crawled to her house, from what I understand.
>>
I've been watching the show religiously since I was about 9, seen all the movies, and forced my husband(and subsequently, my children) to watch all of it in preparation for this new mini series.

So far, my biggest complaint is how off the banter seems. The conversations have gone from candid to sheer awkward. Also, Jeff Winger(the conspiracy theorist) can't be taken seriously. I can't remember the actor's actual name, but after seeing him in Community, that's all he is to me.
>>
It's funny that this whole time I thought I would be the one complaining non-stop about these new episodes while the rest of you were gushing over them, but I think they're pretty decent and I've seen a lot of hate for them. Maybe it's because my expectations were so low. We'll see what happens later tonight.
>>
File: 1411700974888.png (253KB, 500x462px) Image search: [Google]
1411700974888.png
253KB, 500x462px
This is pretty cool 2bh

http://www.foia.cia.gov/collection/ufos-fact-or-fiction
>>
>>17267265
????
>>
>>17267495
the actual CTV website
>>
>>17297497
It's actually tomorrow
>>
First episode was kind of shit desu, events seemed too fast-paced and forced, Joel McHale's character was annoying, too many things just being thrown at the viewer (ARVS! Flashbacks! Alien babies! It was humans all along!). Honestly felt like a chore to get through.

On the plus side, it looks like they burned through all the setup in the first episode and the second was much better. Actually felt like the X-Files again, maybe not one of the classic episodes but definitely decent.

One thing that's been missing a bit is the classic mulder/scully chemistry, but I guess it doesn't really make sense for them to have that flirty will-they-won't-they dynamic when they're middle-aged ex-lovers who've known each other for 20 years and have a kid together. Hoping the writers are able to take their relationship in some interesting new directions.
>>
New episode and it has scully in a shirt that is unbuttoned to show her bra

That's the only reason I'm going to watch
>>
File: 1422982634111.jpg (49KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
1422982634111.jpg
49KB, 550x535px
I just marathoned the most recent episode and I'm still left with questions. They kept showing Mulder and Scully's kid in the flashbacks but they never explained what happened to him or why they split up. Also since the government is behind everything now and the ayy lmao don't real that means their kid was a government experiment right? Did the government kidnap the kid or someshit? And what the hell is going on with CSM?
>>
>>17299400
>I just marathoned the most recent episode

You marathoned an episode lol?
>>
>>17269290
What ep is the pic from? I must know.
Also, used to watch the show when it was first airing when i was a kid. Kinda started to fall away from iy in highschool when schoolwork got too heavy and they kept moving its time and day slot around. That and it didnt focus on aliens enough for me, just the occasional tidbit here and there.
Wish i could find a solid episode guide that lists all tje episodes dealing with aliums and shit, that way i can skip the filler eppisodes where they dick around and scoobydoo with the local bullshit monster of the week.
Except for the cops tie-in episode. That one was... sublime and perfect, and batshit as all hell.
>>
>>17269307
Just to be evil that is why. What i find annoying is that they talk about the govt using alien tech to be evil and for what goal? Evolving the species? Taking over the world?
That is some scooby doo level snidley whiplash style bullshit cartoon evil.
Give me something better than a dry turkey sandwich with stale moldy muldering bland ass whitebread with no crust and no ispiration! Make it good gimme some jewish rye and cranberry jam with arugala and parsley, with kettle style seasalt and vinegar potato crisps on the side! Make my mind and imagination hungry for more dammit!
>>
>>17272613
Both those douchebags are cunts.
>>
>>17267247
I watched the movie, seemed pretty cool. Wish it was more like lunapolis though.
>>
>>17299319
>One thing that's been missing a bit is the classic mulder/scully chemistry, but I guess it doesn't really make sense for them to have that flirty will-they-won't-they dynamic when they're middle-aged ex-lovers who've known each other for 20 years and have a kid together. Hoping the writers are able to take their relationship in some interesting new directions.

Blame Chris Carter, it was his idea. He never wanted Mulder and Scully together to begin with, then kinda waffled on the whole thing, then seemed to reluctantly give the shippers what they wanted, but now he wants to split them up again to milk more pointless UST across six little episodes. I wasn't too thrilled when I heard about that, even though I'm not a big shipper, I just hate romance drama like this, especially when, like you said, they already have so much history together.

>>17299437
>local bullshit monster of the week

Hate to break it to you, buddy, but that's 90% of the show right there and it's dumb to dismiss it all as filler. But here, enjoy watching a handful of alium episodes:

http://x-files.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Seasons
>>
http://www.mycircle.tv/88-942314-00

Watching now
>>
Links to the first two.

http://projectfreetv.so/the-x-files-season-10-episode-1/

https://openload.co/f/F80NCaLJic0/The.X-Files.S10E02.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mp4
>>
File: 1453695855418.png (153KB, 507x334px) Image search: [Google]
1453695855418.png
153KB, 507x334px
Hax, immortal, or clone?
>>
>>17267220

new episode stream and chat

bretty good dot com

bretty good dot com

bretty good dot com
>>
>>17303079
Guess so, unless someone makes one.

I liked the meta middle-age Mulder monologue. Depressed Mulder is great.
>>
File: baby echidna 7.jpg (33KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
baby echidna 7.jpg
33KB, 1024x683px
This fuckin' episode already. God I miss the x-files this reminds me of everything that wasn't the last few seasons
>>
>defending an elaborate creepy peephole system as a 9/11 security feature
Gold
>>
>>17303154
>>17303120
>Rhys Darby friendly lizard man
I'm so happy right now.
>>
That was incredible
>>
Boooo!
>>
>>17304374
Ahhhhhhhhhh!
>>
Here is the meaning of the episode:

-The lizard man is Enki aka Lucifer, who was demonized in the judeo-christian theology. His origins in the sumerian tradition depict him as a god of wisdom and life, who created humanity from his own blood and saved Noah from the Deluge. He's an equivalent deity to Prometheus/Vishnu/Quetzalcoatl. But later on he was associated with Saturn. That kind of inverted his symbolic meaning to posterior mythology. It's said that Saturn sleeps at the center of the earth, waiting for someone to wake him up and start a new golden age, equal to that of the garden of eden times (the time when man was protected by Enki). That's why the lizard man hibernates during 10.000 years in the episode. Actually, the yugas lasts 10.000 years. There's a lot more of similar cyclic-ages in other traditions that have the same meaning of renovation and catastrophe.
That said, in sumerian tradition, Enki is one of a triad of primeval gods: Anu, Enlil and Enki. Enlil is the god of the surface and destruction, Anu is the one of the sky and creation, and Enki the one of the acuatic underworld and preservation. Just as Shiva, Brahma and Vishnu. Anu is the father of the other two. In the times of the deluge, Enlil wanted the destruction of man and Anu accepted it. The only one of all the pantheon of gods to rebel was Enki. That's why in the bible Lucifer or Satan (that means "adversary") was the rebel angel: he was the one who loved man. So the bible "story" about these three gods merged in one called YHWH was trying to demonize Enki and heighten Enlil/Anu. Just as any other cult on earth, but to the extreme of inverting the symbolic roles. The whole episode is about the parodic disclosure of this mythologic knowledge.
>>
File: gill3.jpg (34KB, 408x574px) Image search: [Google]
gill3.jpg
34KB, 408x574px
Gillian was smoking hot in this episode
>>
>>17269516
The problem with the second movie is that rather than end the actual plot of the show, they decided "oh hey! Let's make it a 2 hour long, random episode of the show instead!", so it didn't have the weight and impact that it could or frankly should have had.

Also, at the time, they had the misconception that they'd be able to make their 2012 end of the world movie afterwards, where the plot got finished off properly. The second movie was their attempt to keep interest alive long enough to make the third movie that never happened. Specifically, because the second movie was shit and everyone hated it.

The sad thing is that the 2012 idea would have been pretty fucking great back then, and really been helped by all the paranoia about that whole IRL (BS) end of the world conspiracy.
They kind of had the right idea, but fucked it up massively. And now they get to make more episodes o the show, but the 2012 thing they'd built up to never happened. So it's all really pointless now.
>>
>>17304997
You hit the nail right on the head, anon, I couldn't have said it better myself. If only they did the 2012 movie instead.
>>
>>17304830
so fucking hot
>>
>>17267220
i just saw were monster episode.
wich must have the shittiest costume to date.
had to stop watching
>>
>>
>they said I'm on crack.
>well are you?
>Yes.
My sides have left the building
>>
Just saw the first episode of the new season and I'm pretty disappointed.

I mean, the alien conspiracy mythology of the original series got pretty stupid after season 3 anyway, but they seem to revisit the same thing: that the military is using stolen UFO technology...

The episode jumps around everywhere, there's little cohesion, Mulder is seemingly able to teleport vast distances to different locations and arrive at sweeping conclusions.

The way the UFO wreckage was recreated was terrible, UFOs don't have turbine fans and rebar technology. The ARV they showed Mulder just came out of nowhere, and then they made no other point about it...
>>
>>17307590
>UFOs don't have turbine fans and rebar technology

And how do you know that?
>>
bamp
>>
1/2

I just watched the new episode a few hours ago, so I'll try to get out some of my thoughts while it's still relatively fresh in my mind. Pardon my tl;dr

>Dedications to Kim Manners and Jack Hardy on the gravestones.

Awww. They were almost a little TOO prominent, but I'm sure no one but the most die-hard fans like me really noticed.

>Darin Morgan writing and directing

Fuck yes.

>The pacing and dialogue during the first part of the show

Fuck... no. It moved a little too fast and the dialogue felt a bit forced. I realize now that was probably because they needed more time to let the lizardman tell his story, but it's like they forgot that even the silly episodes build things up a little. The two stoners coming back again was sorta funny, but at first I wasn't quite sure what they were doing. Huffing paint? They also said "dude" way too many times, even for whacked-out stoners. It's not the 90s anymore.

>Mulder trying ineptly and haphazardly to take pictures of spooky events as they are happening

A good way of poking fun at and criticizing the argument that since everyone has phones and cameras everywhere, that paranormal activity must not exist since no "believable" photos have been taken. Not to mention that most people don't think of whipping out their cameras/phones in the middle of something weird or scary going on. They neglect the fact that photomanipulation is WAY better than it was back in the day, though.

>Creepy motel with secret passages and stuffed animal heads with removable eyes
>Mulder sleeping in the infamous red speedo
>Was that guy drinking rubbing alcohol?

lol

>Mulder visits a quirky psychiatrist who tells him lizardman legend and also recommends he get some meds himself

We always knew this would happen one day. This scene wasn't as good as it could've been, though.
>>
File: 3477ded76260f480d0bd143cbbf529e0.jpg (164KB, 650x1372px) Image search: [Google]
3477ded76260f480d0bd143cbbf529e0.jpg
164KB, 650x1372px
>>17308985
2/2

>Lizardman's story

This is where things started improving. It was pretty good, even if it took up a really long chunk of the episode and felt a bit like infodumping.

>Scully in Peril again, but ends up capturing the real killer offscreen

Hah, about time. Nice twist on pic related. Speaking of which, a lot of this episode felt like it was toying with or poking fun at this and other X-Files cliches people often mock, like them going into dangerous situations without backup.

>Scully is immortal

Looks like they've been paying attention to this overblown fan theory and decided to poke fun at it too.

I'm writing too much, let me wrap up. Overall, once the episode settled down a little, it was pretty good. It was a bumpy ride and some moments were funnier than others, but I can't shoot it down entirely. But the way I described it when it first started was "The Post-Modern Prometheus" on crack. That's the episode I'd compare it to. It's not as good as say, "Bad Blood", but it's not as cringe-inducingly terrible as some of the later comedy episodes they made in later seasons. At times, the dialogue felt like it was ripped right from posts from /x/, but as it was a parody episode, I can let that slide a little. Who knows, maybe some of them really do lurk here.

My biggest complaint overall is that in a tiny, six-episode miniseries, was another MotW really necessary? Can you even call it a "Monster of the Week" when it would take you less than a week to watch the entire thing? I really think they should have stretched this out to eight or ten episodes instead, give themselves a little breathing room so we don't have so much crammed and forced dialogues and scenes, like other people have pointed out about the other two episodes, especially first.
>>
>>17309017
And having just re-read what I wrote, it's pretty incoherent and jumbled itself, but I'm tired and have a lot of mixed thoughts about the whole thing. I Want to Believe this miniseries will turn out good, it's just feeling rough around the edges, even during the parts that are enjoyable.
>>
>>17309034
I liked the bit about the lizardmen hibernating for 10,000 years at a time.

Better than the Dr who reptilian episode imo
>>
>>17309076
When he started counting out the time, I joked that it would be five or ten thousand years. Some parts were obvious like that, but still funny.
>>
The acting is complete trash. I don't remember it being this bad
>>
File: Lycans_pharmacy.png (220KB, 610x342px) Image search: [Google]
Lycans_pharmacy.png
220KB, 610x342px
>Lycans pharmacy

lol, anyone else catch this?
Thread posts: 199
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.