[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afterlife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 22

File: Cloud-Heaven.jpg (56KB, 540x655px) Image search: [Google]
Cloud-Heaven.jpg
56KB, 540x655px
I've been thinking about suicide for a while now, I'm wondering, how can I be sure i'll go to the afterlife/heaven?
>>
Considering everyone who has been resuscitated hasn't reported any kind of afterlife I think it's a safe bet you just just skullfucked by maggots like every other living thing.
>>
>>17266109
Just because you kill yourself doesn't mean it magically stops all your problems. Though it'll be more sad when you realize that if you do it.
Turn away from this whole topic and just life your life
>>
Your best bet is to believe in no afterlife at all.
>>
0/10

Protip: Subtlety is the key to trolling. Also, I know exactly how you will reply to this if you do!
>>
>>17266124
So it's have the shitty life I have now, or get skullfucked by maggots?
>>
>>17266149
Well the maggots come no matter what (unless you're cremation master race).

But live as long as you can stand it then take 3 months of sleeping pills all at once. Just make sure you wear a diaper and ensure your body gets picked up in a timely fashion. You don't want to be one of those suiciders that ruin someones day.
>>
File: vermin.jpg (8KB, 289x174px) Image search: [Google]
vermin.jpg
8KB, 289x174px
>>17266149
>maggots
you wish
>>
>>17266133
Why would it not stop my problems? I don't need to deal with them, I don't have to deal with anything.
>>
>>17266184
That's disgusting.
>>
>>17266133
I've been thinking about what you said. I'm going to try to cut my faggot shit out. Thank you.
>>
>>17266228
fuck you so hard, cunt.
>>
You won't
>>
>>17266109
OP, you need to calm the fuck down and remember that there is no evidence for an afterlife, so make the best of the one you've got!
You wanna go to fucking heaven? Heaven doesn't let in pussies that give up on the flesh grinder that is life. Heaven wants fagg0ts who go down kicking, swinging a sword and fapping, furiously. You can be sure that 'breaking down' under lifes 'pressures' will be rewarded with an eternal asskicking and raping by the souls who are way stronger than you. Don't you wanna live forever in heaven and do all the raping?

Once again though, there is no definitive evidence the afterlife is real, but its nice to hope there's some reward or continuiation from this life... I personally feel life is too short, even though I starve on a regular basis and have a chronic illness. Sometimes I wanna rest and sleep forever, but I keep waking up in this sickly body, and I'm still loving it, so DON'T YOU FUCKING DIE ON ME OP
>>
>>17266124
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvXjifLX_24
>>
Your karma still remains intact even after death and you will keep being reborn in similar lives until you face what you're trying to run from. The only heaven or hell you'll experience is what you create in this life or the next. Until your suffering creates in you the desire to stop running and wake up to the truth of your life, you will continue to be reborn.
>>
>>17266328
I should have added "people who didn't lie about it".
>>
>>17266109
Suicide is a sin, anon
>>
There is no afterlife
>>
>>17266400
If your eye causes you to sin, then I tell you to pluck it out
>>
>>17266420
how do you type on 4chan with no eyes???
>>
>>17266429
meme magic
>>
File: Bloodborne Research Hall.jpg (60KB, 736x488px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne Research Hall.jpg
60KB, 736x488px
>>17266429
some kind of software, I'm not sure if it exists, that interprets spoken words and records them as text
>>
File: receptionist.png (297KB, 545x562px) Image search: [Google]
receptionist.png
297KB, 545x562px
>>17266109
If you legitimately wanted to kill yourself, you wouldn't be interested in continued existence in another dimension. You're thinking it's potentially an easy out from your problems in this life. I can pretty much promise you it's not.

It's your life and you can do as you please with it. But my advice is to deal with your current circumstances. You can't run away from yourself.
>>
FOOL, you think heaven is granted for those who take their own life ? hahaha, that's how we insure humans get a permanent place in hell, go ahead kill yourself, i'll find it humorous.
>>
>>17266853
Why? Are you going to be waiting in hell to laugh at him?
>>
>>17266109
Depends on where you want to go/why you don't want to be alive in this world anymore. If you really just don't want to exist anymore, you'll need to kill yourself to stop it. If you live out your life and die of natural causes, you'll end up collected and put back into the incarnation cycle. If there's some other world calling you, that's probably where you'll go if you kill yourself while it's still calling you.
>>
>>17266608
I think you (satan), as everyone does always, oversimplify.
>>
>>17267799
Being you isn't fucking complicated. If it is, then you need to get over yourself.
>>
I died once, there is an afterlife and suicide won't help you find a safe place in the spirit world. Anyone tells you otherwise is chanting a demonic ritual prayer at you to crush your faith and trap you in Hell. Hold on, things are about to get better
>>
you delude yourself the way religious folks do.
being uncertain is normal.
>>
>>17266299
Thanks man
>>
>>17266109
protip, there isnt one
>>
>>17266393
maybe the ones that said there was nothing were lying :^)
>>
The book of Romans in the Holy Bible seems to answer this riddle. All belief in an afterlife requires faith as there is no physical evidence of such a place. But since you want to believe in this, you must research your options. Death is a very permanent solution to a very temporary problem. Good luck.
>>
Funny how hardline atheists sell certainty like they could even know the answer to this.
>>
>>17268377

Not certainty, just rejection of absurdity (regardless of how nice it might sound). People say X exists. There's no good reason to believe that X exists. The only reason people believe in X is tradition, culture and wishful thinking. Assuming all of that is true, then it's safe to say X is a load of crap.

If evidence does come around that X exists, then you have to revise your belief or lack thereof. Until then, just saying "lol i dunno" is about as ridiculous as claiming ignorance to the status of the existence of pot smoking, memespouting, farmer fucking, /x/ posting aliens. Of fucking course they don't exist, why would they? Because someone posted a "I'm an ayy lmao, ask me anything" thread?
>>
>>17268221
Can you prove that?
>>
>>17268377
>atheists sell certainty like they could even know the answer to this.

and theists sell magic like they are 100% sure its real
>>
>>17268421
your logic is flawed. You have forgotten in your analogy completely, experience. This is the most important aspect of having or not having faith.
I honestly believe all people are correct in their interpretation of the Universe around them, because that is what their experience dictates. If it is true for one, then it has a basis of reality if only a small one.
>>
>>17268506
And that in itself is flawed logic as well, i'll ignore the fact that anecdotal evidence means anything in light of empirical evidence and just work with what you said on a surface level, with that logic I could just as easily say that their is one who disbelieves it therefore there is the reality of it not existing only in a small one, creating a paradox. We can't do this for numerous reasons one of which is because it creates such the paradox in the first damn place. We have measured observations and the scientific method for a reason, so that we don't have to assume that everyone's interpretation is correct in its' own little way, because then we get flawed results, and everyone having a bitchfit over whose is better and whose is right. I'm all for "live and let" but man, we just can't work off that basis of thinking, there is just too much wrong with it if we want to expand and move forward as a species.
>>
>>17266109
There's no heaven anon once you die you'll be right back into this hell hole.. it a prison and the we can never will be break free of it and not to mention fuck knows where in this shithole you'll be born into.
>>
If it's any reassurance friend, there may be no end to consciousness considering the only possible state of being is experiencing. It might be like a dream that you can manifest and control, or consciousness could discontinue, effectively destroying the universe (at least from your individual perspective). Instead of suicide I suggest exercising profusely, discontinuing your consumption of sugary, salty and fatty food, and traveling. There is no point in squandering the few years you can spend alive on depression, especially considering you won't do anything but think about the act. I would know, I used to post on 4chan seeking attention of some sort, or an alternative.
>>
>>17268541
I am talking about individual truth. Look up above you, you realize the universe is literally infinite?
Can't you leave room for a sentient being to believe what it wants to believe?

Sure there are universal laws we can use, and so we should. Those that want to work with those laws and expand upon them will. Those that believe in fairies can go skipping through the meadow playing peter pan, whatever. But to assume they are wrong based on your own experience I just feel is cold and detracts from the very fragile nature of self-determined realism.
>>
>>17268605

To add to what this Anon said, if you're really considering suicide are aren't willing to reach out to a professional (which really is the best course of action, both in the short and long term, but I'm sure you've heard all of this before), then consider living dangerously instead of just offing yourself.

If you're ready to go, try selling all of your things, taking the money down to Mexico and doing cocaine and buying hookers until the money runs out. If drugs and sex aren't your thing, grab a knife and pick a fight with a bear in the woods. Maybe swim out with a bunch of chum and try to fuck up a shark.

Cliff diving, sky diving, scuba diving, flooring the gas pedal on an empty freeway at night, bar fights, anything that tickles your fancy. Dangerous things that you would never do for obvious reasons, but now are pretty good ideas in comparison to the alternative.

After all, what's the worst that can happen, you'll die? You're looking at a 100% mortality rate the moment you hang up a rope or whatever; at that point trying to suplex a gorilla is comparatively safe.
>>
>>17268613

The difference between evidence and delusion is repeatability. Both are forms of experience, but only one is a statement about the universe itself and not the fallibility of the mind perceiving it.

Sure there's room to let people to be delusional and no one's about to start hunting down agnostics, but to simply let it pass without comment would be dishonest and a disservice to everyone involved in the conversation. So that's what we're doing, commenting on it.
>>
>>17268647
You make reasonable points, I am not going to argue them simply state my views. I do think there is an afterlife based on my own experiences. But then that is just that, experience, and because of this... unsubstantiated in the eyes of science despite the fact, I -personally- hold it as a high truth.

You know I think you will really enjoy this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAmdbBWluYE
>>
As it is said in the bible ecclesiastes 3:1-8 there os a right time for everything... there's the best that awaits you sent by God just have faith in Him... I hope you'll read that verse (:
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2NLEYHjG1g

searched this just for you OP
>>
>>17266109
I posted this in another thread where someone was thinking of suicide. Please do not do it man. Everyone has problems of some sort, you are not alone in this world. Truly GOD is there for you. These words probably bring up all the associated thoughts of organized churches and people related to them, but that is not what GOD wants us to be like. I was a little faithful throughout my life, but I wasn't really that faithful until somewhat recently when HE came into my life, well HE was always there, I was just ignorant, and now everything is clear.

Matthew 6:
5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
>>
Suicide is not a sin. Nowhere in the bible dies it say suicide is sinful. St Augustine started the misconception that suicide is self-murder. It isn't and the church now sees it as a terrible result if mental illness.
>>
Like there was no evidence for radio waves until we found them. No use for oil until we learned how to distill it. Nobody cer thought you could turn sand into computer chops other. There is a science to God, but god mockers like you will be blinded by your arrogance and dismissiveness
>>
>>17266109
Suicide is the single best option to NOT enter the afterlife.

You will just fuck everything up, yourself over, and be in constaint restlessness and intranquility for a uncertain amount of time, and at the end if everything turns out well you will simply go back and reincarnate all over again where you will have to endure the same challenges, if not worse, that you have to endure now.
>>
>>17266187
It will just increase your problems because you dont cease existing. If you think you are suffering now, suicide will amplify this manyfold for a huge amount of time where you will be plagued by torment and regret
>>
You are the only master of your life, logically if you kill yourself you will experiment the highest suffering afterwards. Karma is only your own soul balancing your shit.
>>
>>17268858

All of those things can be proven, and were promptly done so soon after someone thought them up. God was thought up a long time ago, and yet we still have no proof.

Sure, there may have been some academic debate at the early stages, but when asked to prove their claims, the people arguing that radio waves, refined oil and silicon chips could be things went about proving their claims and not just yelling "Faith!"

If there's a science to God, by all means, share the experiment. I promise if it was an actual, valid experiment, you would become the most famous person in the world.
>>
>>17266109
I know them feels anon. Shit feels pretty fucked up right now and in some factual ways it is in fact pretty shitty. I have suicidal thoughts when it gets real tough, but you cant give in to your weakness and pain. We are all going to die eventually, time is super valuble. No one knows what happens after our time runs out. Some ppl say Judgement day. Some people say Nothingness. I'm glad I don't know, if I found out it was nothingness, I would have probably killed myself a few times over. I have to believe in the possibility of an Afterlife for the sake of continuing this one. If its all random and meaningless followed by oblivion, and you have got shitty cards, why not flip over the table? Thank God we don't know for sure.
>>
>>17266109
As the others pointed out, it is unsure whether heaven exists and whether, if it does, it is compatible with suicide. However, if it is, I guess that your best chance must involve going with your heart filled with universal and unconditional love. If you have no sadness, just a sincere and powerful desire of peace and unity with every other living being, and if you're extremely humble and entirely open to the divinity, entirely ready to apologize whole-heartedly for all you have done in your life, including what you didn't believe was wrong and your suicide itself, then I think you have a chance. Just don't suicide by desperation; instead, if you do it, do it to rejoin God or the absolute consciousness or something, and understand that you're nothing but a child, unable to understand the world and what is just. Maybe then the judge, if there's one, will see that you really did everything in the way you thought was the best possible. Always aim the supreme Good, and, if you understand that you don't know what is the supreme Good, you should be fine.
>>
>>17266109
You won't brake the cycle if you kill yourself.
>>
Didn't Jesus Christ Himself commit suicide?
>>
>>17266145
A meme (/ˈmiːm/ meem)[1] is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture".[2] A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas, symbols, or practices that can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena with a mimicked theme. Supporters of the concept regard memes as cultural analogues to genes in that they self-replicate, mutate, and respond to selective pressures.[3]

The word meme is a shortening (modeled on gene) of mimeme (from Ancient Greek μίμημα pronounced [míːmɛːma] mīmēma, "imitated thing", from μιμεῖσθαι mimeisthai, "to imitate", from μῖμος mimos, "mime")[4] coined by British evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins in The Selfish Gene (1976)[1][5] as a concept for discussion of evolutionary principles in explaining the spread of ideas and cultural phenomena. Examples of memes given in the book included melodies, catchphrases, fashion, and the technology of building arches.[6] didn't see coming, you're the only troll here ese
>>
>>17266145
is >>17269182 the answer you expected?
[spoiler]imba "yes" without any proof[/spoiler]
>>
>>17266109
>how can I be sure i'll go to the afterlife/heaven?
99% of religion faiths offer next life.
Heaven possible only with brothers by souls and by opinions, if you just name place "heaven" and drop to them random people with same religion faith you get Earth, or, in worse case - rounds of hell.
>>
>>17268974
As >>17268858 said:
"god mockers like you will be blinded by your arrogance and dismissiveness"

Do you think that every person who believes in GOD is ignorant of "science"? I was leaning towards agnostic beliefs until somewhat recently. I was heavily invested in science and mathematics, taking calculus, and physics, etc., and it was and still is interesting to me. People automatically associate GOD with all of the misleading teachings of men and organized religions and make many assumptions, such as "because we can learn scientific principles, there is no spiritual side of things." Here is something that will interest some of you; evolution(days are periods):
Gen 1:
20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Anyone can "know" GOD, but sometimes people are not willing to follow the path because "it's hard", and many things that we have been socially conditioned to accept go against GOD. The temptations of the bestial mentality, i.e. quick pleasures now, usually control people. If you want to "know" GOD do this:
Pray in secret, with faith, humility, and a willingness to do what HE guides you to do, and sometimes this includes doing things that you may not want to do, and that may be difficult, like giving up some detrimental material "pleasures". Ask HIM to come into your life and guide you.
>>
>>17269205
Furthermore, it is rather obvious for any knowledgeable human being that most great savants and thinkers in history believed in God. This simple fact is enough to prove that the belief in God is certainly not absurd in itself, even though nobody knows the truth for sure.
>>
We are conscious one moment on the physical plane, and a moment later we have withdrawn onto another plane and are actively conscious there. Just as long our consciousness is identified with the form aspect, death will hold for us its ancient terror. Just as soon as we know ourselves to be souls, and find that we are capable of focussing our consciousness or sense of awareness in any form or plane at will, or in any direction within the form of God, we shall no longer know death.
. . . People are apt to forget every night, in the hours of sleep, we die to the physical plane and are alive and functioning elsewhere. They forget that they have already achieved facility in leaving the physical body; because they cannot as yet bring back into the physical brain consciousness the recollection of that passing out, and of the subsequent interval of active living, they fail to relate death and sleep. Death, after all, is only a longer interval in the life of physical plane functioning; one has only 'gone abroad' for a longer period. But the process of daily sleep, and the process of ocassional dying are identical, with the one difference that in sleep the magnetic thread or current of energy along which the life force streams is preserved intact, and constitutes the path of return to the body. In death, this life thread is broken or snapped. When this has happened, the conscious entity cannot return to the dense physical body, and that body, lacking the principle of coherence, disintegrates." (A Treatise on White Magic, p. 494/5)

Could you but see a little further into the matter, you would learn that death releases the individualised life into a less cramped and confined existence, and eventually -- when the death process has been applied to all the three vehicles in the three worlds -- into the life of universality. This is a point of inexpressible bliss
>>
>>17266339
I was hoping this wouldn't be the case, gosh I hate resetting.
>>
>>17266429
How can 4chan be real if our eyes aren't?
>>
>>17266109
Most accounts of after life say that u will go to hell for killing urself.
But, if most religions say that you go to heaven if u die for your God
>>
>>17269213
Except, of course, that it's false. It's not a simple fact, it's an ignorant declaration that is not, in fact, in line with the truth. Many "great thinkers", inventors, philosophers, scientists, didn't believe in God.

It gets more muddled when one starts trying to look at the sorts of Gods the ones that did claimed to believe in. Thomas Edison, for instance, believed in a God. However, he believed that god was not only not the Christian god, but had no interested in humanity whatsoever. He was a deist of the loosest variety, believing that the universe was created by a sentient being but that there was no point in worshiping it and that it had no relationship with humanity at all outside of being the catalyst for their existence.

When it comes to people like Aristotle and God things get even more convoluted. He introduced the notion of a first mover, but ascribes to it, rather like Edison, more a concept of simply a cosmic force. Aristotle's first mover need not even be supernatural, or conscious.

So when modern people burble about the "God" all these other minds believed in, they're usually glossing disingenuously over the fact that no, they weren't talking about the same god at all. And then they commit far more grotesque acts, like claiming that Darwin embraced Christianity on his death bed, or that Einstein believed in their god, crossing over to the world of outright lying.

But, most importantly, the argument in the thread I'm responding to is simply a blatant fallacy, an appeal to authority with a sprinkle of appeal to the masses thrown in. So it's both logically unsound and an informal fallacy. Simply put, if you want the belief in god to not look absurd, you have to show, directly, why it isn't. Otherwise all you're saying is that normally smart people can still do and believe in absurd things, which is actually an established fact. We all know smart people can still be absurd.
>>
>>17266109
its nott real
>>
File: 1420825776970.png (160KB, 464x470px) Image search: [Google]
1420825776970.png
160KB, 464x470px
>>17269297
>>
>>17266109
There is no heaven or hell. The only thing that will be left after you die is your energy on things that you have touched or like.
>>
>>17266124
>everyone who has been resuscitated hasn't reported any kind of afterlife

What? Have you never heard of near-death experiences?
>>
>>17266853
No offense friend, but if heaven/hell is real, then I'm pre\y sure I know where you're going with that attitude towards your fellow man....
>>
>>17269453
Then you're pretty sure you know how to be a right cunt. Judging others is what causes heaven and hell to form. Heaven cannot save us from the hell that it creates.
>>
>>17269781
I'm not him, but your conception of heaven and hell is pretty special... obviously very different from what you find in most theories about afterlife. A catholic theologian, for example, would say that you have no understanding of these words whatsoever.
>>
>>17269781
Oh dear.
>>
File: SoulWinning.jpg (613KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SoulWinning.jpg
613KB, 800x1200px
>>17266109

The Bible way to Heaven. Salvation is simple.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
>>
>>17266109
You would not.

Think about it. Your brain obverses the world around you. When you die, your brain stops working. How can you go to the afterlife?
>>
>>17266109
Read 'quantum suicide'.
It is my belief that you won't die, but your reality will shift. It is not at all worth it, take this from one who has attempted, and been tempted after, for almost a decade.
It's not worth it.
>>
>>17269988
Maybe you succeeded and shifted to a reality where your suicide failed, and now you are here
>>
this is hell.

think bout it.

only one way up!
>>
>>17270015
Precisely.
And all of us who are left here are in the same boat I am.
We all need to grow together. Find our way.
>>
>>17266109
Heaven is a state of mind. Not a destination.
Now is the only thing that has and ever will exist. If you want to make Heaven of it, you can make Heaven of it. If you want Hell of it, you can make Hell of it. Evil can only exist if you are not fully in the present moment. The only reason ANYTHING is evil is because WE assign that meaning to it.
In complete presence there is no thought, with no thought you do not assign unnecessary meaning to a situation, without that you will be in a state of peace. This is called enlightenment.
Salvation and enlightenment are the same thing.
>>
>>17270058
I'm the same guy who posted this.

Read some books by Eckhart Tolle. "The Power of Now" is one that I personally recommend.
>>
>>17270023
I like it here!
>>
File: 1365689230342.gif (602KB, 318x240px) Image search: [Google]
1365689230342.gif
602KB, 318x240px
>>17266109
Well, you can be sure that you won't go to Heaven if you kill yourself since suicide is a sin.
>>
>>17270076
Your attitude has changed of late, Senator.
I'm glad to see you're finding your way.
>>
>>17270087
Has it? I've always liked it on Earth.
>>
>>17266109

Well boy i'm gonna tell you a basic schema of he afterlife.

1) You are dead, your soul is carried in a place unknown to man
2) This is a place of duality, where you will experience either joy or pain according to what you have done in life.
3) One day this duality will cease to exist and will come a judgement coming from an all omniscient being
4) The verdict is either an eternal life full of joy
or your existence totally erased from existence. ( basically the death that nihilist believes in )

Pretty simple uh?
>>
>>17270088
Perhaps only in the way you approach your peers.
Perhaps I am projecting myself onto you. I am not sure, i do recall you being much more aggressive in a thread discussing the concepts of Jesus & God, though.
In any case, progress is progress.
>>
>>17270136
No no no, I keep explaining this. That has nothing to do with Jesus, God, Christianity, religion, any of that.

I, like most /x/ regulars, are sick to death of the belligerent, ignorant, dishonest and hateful children calling themselves Christians here on /x/ who derail every thread with their hamfisted, idiotic, egocentric "theology" which amounts to little more than screaming the word LORD in all caps to feel smug and self important.

We're all sick to death of them and they need to go away. But that has absolutely nothing to do with actual Christianity or religion, just those sorry excuses for humanity.

Although I'd also point out that not thinking Earth is hell is hardly an endorsement of most religions!
>>
You'll be reborn in a state of despair to match where you are now for not appreciating life, then eventually you will overcome it and be given another chance at physical life until you show appreciation and gratitude and can move forward
>>
>it's another thread where christians shit with MUH BIBLE

even druggies with their dumb psychedelic trips are more convincing in their beliefs since they actually experienced something, christfags can only spout "because the bible said so"
>>
>>17266109
http://chromalotus.com/making-a-conscious-decision-to-be-happy/
>>
>>17270191
But the sacred texts do hold value, if only for oneself, and not as a means of control.
Not as a means of asserting anything to anyone else.
>>
>>17266339
>>17269250
This is the most terrible thing I can imagine. Under whatever circumstances, we die. Finally. Maybe now I can get some sleep.

Then....wait.....what? who is pulling on my head? OH FUCK NO IM BEING BORN AGAIN.

Maybe that's why newborns scream bloody murder as their first act out of the womb. They know. For a brief moment, before it all goes to reboot, they know that they have to do it all over again.
>>
>>17270191
Some christians really experienced something. One could argue that's a state of hallucination, but mysticism does exist.
>>
>>17270275
I think that it's more because of the shock caused by the first feeling of powerlessness, the fact that you are not EVERYTHING, that there is consistent world out there that exists independently of you and causes pain by not obeying your every thought and desire.
>>
>>17269000

Trips confirm
>>
Have you found Jesus? Commit your life to finding and letting Jesus in your life and all of your spiritual problems will be solved.

Just please, don't take your life
>>
>>17270973
This is false, the first part. Jesus won't solve all your spiritual problems. Doubt me?

Go to various Christian monasteries. Ask learned, committed men and women who are intelligent, wise and educated, who have devoted their lives to these issues, who have far moreso than some floundering 4chan teen, committed themselves to Jesus.

They won't lie to you. All their spiritual problems aren't solved. Because that's a simple, self centered approach to saying, "muh jebus." Simply put, whether or not Jesus is a real divine being, Anon's claim here is bullshit.

As for the suicide thing, threads of people claiming to be contemplating suicide should be deleted on sight. This isn't to be rude, it's because thoughts about suicide are a very serious issue, and shouldn't be fodder for the play and frivolity of /x/. If OP is just a troll or an idiot faking it, their post should be removed for being that callous and idiotic. If OP is serious, then this is the last place they should be seeking advice. They need serious help and not the advice of the immature or the mockery of the greater 4chan internet culture.
>>
>>17266187
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Seek help, do what you can for yourself call a mental health crisis team. Speak your truth to a doctor or therapist or a trusted friend. You can bounce back from this.
>>
>>17270990

The thing is most of it isn't the usual 4chan abrasiveness. Loads of good advice and a surprising amount of understanding and empathy in here, aside from the spiritual discussion (which is the typical "my belief system or lack thereof is right and you should follow that").

That aside, this is 4chan. This place is abrasive, creative and unfiltered. Sparing subjects for the sake of feelings or taste isn't what this place is about, and if you're looking for that you should probably be looking elsewhere. Without being a memespouting faggot, that's the major difference between reddit and 4chan. reddit isn't nearly so bad as everyone makes it out to be, and if you're looking for filtered discussion, that's where you should go because that's the place that does it well.

4chan isn't for that. 4chan is about equal voice in the conversation, regardless if you're a PhD, NEET or someone who smears shit on their walls between posts. That's why the site is structured like it is at a technical level. If that's not your thing, that's fine, but you should go to a place that suits your comfort zone instead of trying to turn other places into something you find comfortable.
>>
>>17271233
When it comes to people contemplating suicide, I'm thinking about them, not your rather ridiculous version of "cultural elitism." People genuinely dealing with suicidal issues don't need to be dealing with people like you who are so fixated and obsessed with what you think your culture represents that you can't understand them and don't want to try.

Just as a heads up, your cultural identity isn't that important, really. And as for what people are "comfortable" with? You apparently aren't even comfortable with me applying real empathy, reason and ethics to the serious issue of suicide around you. According to you, that's a "you're infringing on my space," offense. So let's not get into who's comfortable around what, I absolutely guarantee that you just proved you have the more sensitive skin.
>>
>>17271233
There's too much mod and janitor deletion and interference for anyone intelligent to seriously consider this "unfiltered" discussion.
>>
>>17271266

Actually I'm recovering from suicidal depression myself, professional help and everything. Believe me when I say that I can empathize with those suffering from what is genuinely a horribly painful illness.

But you misunderstand my point. It wasn't to protect the "integrity" (for lack of a better word) of 4chan. It was more to demonstrate that unfiltered discussion has it's place in the world, even for uncomfortable topics like this one. While filtered discussion is (and should be) the norm, there needs to be a place where people can talk about things without worrying about identity obstructing honest evaluation, and 4chan serves that purpose.

In this case it's allowing someone to talk about their problem openly, without fear of it being tied to their identity and without needing to question the sincerity of what anyone says. Here you know people mean what they say, because for most people there's no reason to offer false support or praise. Opening up is one of the most difficult steps in dealing with depression, and 4chan offers a good first step for that. Well meaning censorship offers nothing but comfort to those who really are acting with the best of intentions, but at the end of the day that censorship isn't helping anyone and just shoving the problem away from the view of the public.

If that makes you uncomfortable, that's fine. I wasn't trying to imply any sort of thin skinnedness, just that if some topics are unacceptable for you, you're being unreasonable in your expectation for an open forum to cater to that. Especially when there are other services that go out of their way cater to exactly that.

As for cultural identity and infringing on "my space," this is the most time I've spent on 4chan in about three years. I'm not too invested in *chans anymore, but I still recognize the value of the service they provide.

>>17271301

Maybe, maybe not. It's hard to measure administrative intervention and even harder to determine the reasons for it.
>>
I want to commit suicide because of Crohns Disease and I am terrified of God's judgement of me on the matter

I need to know what happens next so bad

If I'm forgiven I can do it in peace
>>
>>17266109
Dunno, be a good person in life?
>>
>>17271608
crohons disease, what/how bad is it?
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 325x155px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 325x155px
>>17271608
>I want to commit suicide because of Crohns

Jesus brother I'm sorry to hear that. But I think it takes balls to tell an illness "fuck you, I'm diein on my terms". But pretty much every religion makes you think you're a better person if you suffer for years on end and die in writhing agony in a pile of your own shit.

I was scared at first to accept that there's nothing after you die. Just oblivion. There's nothing to be scared of since its unavoidable and apparent. Like they say, remember what it was like before you were born? That.

The light at the end of the tunnel is your brain releasing every chemical it can cause it can't deal with what's happening. People can generate the feeling of god or a divine presence by slapping magnets on the side of your head and turning up the juice. Despite this there is not one iota of even shady evidence that points to the fact that there's something after this. There more pointing to the fact that nothing is there at all.

So don't off yourself cause once it's over your gone. Not just your physical self but all your memories, experiences, any type of impact you make one this planet. Once it gone it's all gone. Forever. Tears in the rain and whatnot.
>>
It's bad anon such awful intestine pain and constant uncontrollable battery acid burning diarrhea...cramps body aches so bad like hit by a truck

I believe there is definitely an afterlife...I wouldn't mind otherwise I've lived life to the fullest before the crohns...it's fear of judgement in the afterlife that paralyzed me...
>>
>>17271982

Differentfag here. You can believe what you'd like to believe, but consider the following.

No one knows what it's like to actually die. All those stories about near death experiences or people who "died" for a few minutes still had a functioning brain when they were revived. Their death was just their body breaking down for a little bit while their brain basically went on standby. Not really functional at the time, but not totally dead either.

Every single person to talk about the afterlife is either repeating what someone told them or making their own conjecture. No one has ever experienced death, and all we have is guesswork and our culture, which is just older guesswork.

Perhaps we're wrong. Perhaps there is an afterlife. Who's to say you get judged there? If you do get judged, why would you think you're being judged for the things that a rather small group of humans in the history of humanity thought were important? Maybe the final judgement isn't about the good you did or the evil you didn't do (as we currently understand good and evil), maybe it's about how many virgins you sacrificed on the equinox. Maybe it's about how you honored your ancestors. Perhaps it's how many animals you sacrificed while singing the song of the great juju, or in the temples of the gods, or one of a million other holy things that other cultures believed or currently believe.

If you're convinced there's an afterlife, you're taking one hell of a roll of the dice by sending yourself there early. All that any reasonable judge could ever expect of you is that you did your best with what you had, and quitting early isn't doing your best or even using all that you have.

I'm not saying it's easy and I'm not saying it's fair. Hell, I'm not even saying it's meaningful. I'm just asking you to consider what would be the strong thing to do, what would be the right thing to do. What is the best you can do?

After you've thought long and hard about that, you might have your answer.
>>
>>17270275
>OH FUCK NO IM BEING BORN AGAIN.
>Maybe that's why newborns scream bloody murder as their first act out of the womb.

That's what it is. That's the sting of separation that a human being feels as soon as they're born. They get that first glimpse into the fact that they've fallen out of paradise and into a life of polarities.

But if your seeking in sincere, then what you'll find is that out of this messy play of life is perfection, aka God, which is yourself.
>>
File: simply.png (547KB, 327x295px) Image search: [Google]
simply.png
547KB, 327x295px
>>17271750
the problem with the chemical light at the end of the tunnel thing, is that it could not develop as an evolutionary mechanism without someone passing down the genetics to create it. and it's not that often that dead people get to pass down their genes
>>
>>17271608
>God's judgement of me on the matter

God doesn't give a damn to be perfectly honest. Look at all the death happening around you, whether it was on purpose or an accident. Have you seen videos online of all the stupid and pointless ways that people can die?

God sees this whole play of life as perfect including death, suffering, and all that jazz. So s/he has a certain divine indifference to it all. S/he takes no blame nor praise for it. S/he doesn't bargain with humans on their life even with suicide because there is really no reason for God to see suicide as worse than a natural death.

To God's eyes you are perfect. It's all perfect. It couldn't be otherwise.
>>
>>17271750
btw fuck you for encouraging someone to commit suicide

guy kills himself and the cure for crohns is found shortly after. how you feel then?

what about the guys family? guess you give no shits about them

fucking atheists encourage suicide to be edgy against their hated foes, religitards
>>
>>17266124
You're a retard. When my aunt died with her family around her she started crying and said "I see God, Jesus is there"
>>
From what I know, when you commit suicide your would will be stuck in the human plane or you'll just be reborn with the same karma that you live with now. In other words, we cannot escape this shithole.
>>
>>17266124
Actually a ton of people that came back reported the afterlife and contact with beings/relatives. Where the fuck have you been getting your information from, Bill Nye the science guy?
>>
>>17266109
Afterlife:
1. Die
2. Get sucked through tunnel
3. End up at theme park styled afterlife of your subconscious choice
4. It will feel like an eternity. It's not.
5. Most recent life's memories partially wiped
6. Reincarnate 49 days later
7. Be born
8. Live
9. See 1 and repeat
>>
>>17273257

It's not an evolutionary mechanism, it's a biological malfunction. Much like how drugs make you trip balls, or your head being rotated too quickly makes you pass out. Brains do weird things when subjected to physical or chemical stress.
>>
>>17266109
One way to be sure is by accidentally creating a tulpa of whichever god you believe in then believing them when they tell you you'll go to the afterlife. You need to pray a lot for this to happen, though.
>>
>>17273264
What the absolute fuck are you twaddling on about. He openly discouraged it. Outright said so, too, no implications needed.

Your reading comprehension is worse than your grammar. Perhaps you should be the one considering suicide.
>>
>>17273303
it was described as a defense mechanism, so i'm saying that's impossible to created by evolution for obvious reasons

it being a malfunction is just like your opinon man. assuming you're a different anon and not the same guy just backpedaling furiously
>>
>>17273328

Different Anon, and you're right that it wouldn't be a defense mechanism (unless something about it preserved the brain long enough for resuscitation, but that's just blind conjecture).

But messing with oxygen levels in the brain has been documented to make one trip. Too much as you feel buzzed like you would on stimulants, to little and your perceptions are distorted, occasionally including full blown hallucinations. Include the cocktail of endorphins and the endocrine system spazzing out as you go into shock, and it's hardly surprising that dying would include all sorts of strange visions as the brain tries to cope with it's homeostasis going to shit.
>>
>>17273357
yeah that's plausible

one thing worthy of note, is that hallucinogens affect everyone differently. NDEs are pretty uniformly described, as far as the tunnel and light part goes
>>
>>17266109
There are so many nice thing here if you want we can meet up ill show you a new light of life
>>
>>17273371

It was intended as a comparison, not as an exact parallel. Naturally a large influx of hallucinogens would produce slightly different effects than a sudden lack of regulation of neural activity, but for the sake of describing a sudden chemical altering of perceptions, it's a perfectly serviceable analogy.
>>
>>17268889

I hope you're trolling. When you die, your brain ceases to function. You stop thinking. To think otherwise is pure speculation with no grounded fact.
>>
>>17266109
Why anon? is life to hard?
>>
File: 362727.jpg (29KB, 460x383px) Image search: [Google]
362727.jpg
29KB, 460x383px
>>17273317
Thanks for the backup homie.

>>17273282
Again hallucinations. You see your dead relatives because you know they are dead and your brain knows what's coming. You do know you're nothing more than a organic machine. Death is absolutely terrifying so it will do whatever it takes to appease the anxiety including dumping every known feel good chemical you have stored up in there before lights out.

A year to the date my mother passed from cancer I had a dream about her. I was back in my childhood home. My dad's large speakers were blaring one of her favorite songs which strangly fit the message (carry on by kansas). I did not see her but I felt her presence. As if she was right behind me. She said "nothing here really matters, there is another reality".

As much as I want to take that to heart. I know this was nothing more than a dream. Something my hard drive cooked up to pass the time while I rested.

>>17273293
Not that I'm taking you as a optimistic person but I'll use this as an example. I don't understand how being reborn is a good thing. I find that people who are extremely terrified of death or just insanely optimistic could think coming back here would be a good thing. I have been around and seen what I think is the most horrible aspects of this life and I'm sure others have seen worse. What would make people want to come back as if that person thinks he would be reincarnated as someone well off and not as that poor bastard that got his head sawed off by Isis because "hurr durr lessons" I gladly take obilivion over getting run over by a fucking tank.

>>17273829
The dead do not know they are dead. Their pain is only experienced by those that are not. Much like stupid people.
>>
First is appointed man to die
Then the judgement
>>
>>17268629
Genuine curiosity but could that still be considered suicide if you purposely put yourself in harms way knowing it can kill you?
Like I wouldn't mind eating plate after plate of fugu in the hopes I get poisoned by it but would that be considered suicide or just eating a dangerous delicacy? Is it the thought and intention behind the action that makes the difference?

And related question, but does it also matter what the circumstance and situation is? Like if you have terminal cancer, is it then justified to find a quicker more peaceful end rather than slowly and painfully dying naturally?
How about throwing yourself in front of a bullet to save another person's life?
>>
>>17266109
Dont kill yourself, I dont need martyrs.

Dont be like isis.
>>
>>17274093

The difference is the objective of the act. Hanging yourself has a very clear objective: your own death.

The objective of fighting a bear is to kick the bear's ass. Granted, that's not the likely outcome, but you're okay with the consequences should you fail.

Simply put, letting a bear maul you is suicide, shanking a bear while in a bloody rage while it attempts to maul you is a fight, and one that you may even possibly (if not probably) win. Skydiving and neglecting to use the parachute is just jumping out of a plane, but if the parachute fails, oh well, you're okay with this outcome. Eating a shitload of fugu because you fucking love fugu and the danger behind it means nothing to you is fine, doing it as an inventive form of single player russian roulette is suicide.

As for the circumstances, doing something to intentionally end your own life is still suicide regardless of the nobility of the act (keeping in mind that just because an act is suicidal doesn't detract from the nobility of it). Hanging yourself once you have terminal cancer is still suicide, although I think a lot of people may argue that it's justified.

Taking a bullet for someone is more of a grey area. I suppose if you thought that there was even a slight chance of survival, and pursued that chance, then the answer would be no. You would be doing something incredibly dangerous, but death isn't your goal here. If you're absolutely certain that this bullet will kill you and you do it anyhow, then yes, it would be suicide. An honorable sacrifice, but still a suicidal one.
>>
>>17270125

What if my mind is fucked to the point I'd rather be erased then live a life full of joy and have to think/remember?
>>
>>17274145
Well thanks, I've been struggling with these questions so it's nice to finally hear another person's input on it.
>>
File: untitled.png (399KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
399KB, 620x372px
>>17266109
Do not kill yourself. You can only go up from rock bottom
>>
>>17274169

You'd rather become nothing than someone who cannot experience sadness and pain?
>>
>>17274185

No problem. Try to keep in mind that these things are only good ideas when you're staring down death anyhow. A much, much, MUCH better idea is to attempt to avoid death in the first place. If you're suicidal, that means seeking help were you can find it, and professionals are very good places to find good help. If you're terminally ill, then it's to attempt to cure the illness, or at least mitigate it to the point where it won't kill you.

It's only when those options are no longer on the table that living dangerously becomes the safer (or at least the more rewarding) route. Keep in mind that as long as you're still alive, it's never too late to turn back, to change something, to try something new. That's the thing that makes living so much better than dying: the ability to change and to choose.
>>
>>17271608
>Crohns
Crohns Map Vaccine and FMT.
>>
Thanks for crohns map info anon
>>
>>17274442
No problem anon stay strong and have hope.
>>
If you suicide you are not going to heaven.
>>
You should find out and let the rest of us know OP!
>>
>>17274206
Not him, but yes
>>
File: image.gif (293KB, 500x212px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
293KB, 500x212px
>>17266109
Suicide is still murder, and murder is sin. If you kill yourself, you will definitely not be going to Heaven.
>>
>>17274760
>this guy committed one murder
>how do we get back at him?
>I got it, let's burn his flesh and murder him again and again for all eternity
>that will teach him to appreciate life!
>>
cthulhu f'thagn rlyeh puth'weh
>>
>>17266109

I DON'T suggest you kill yourself, and an afterlife has never been proven and I don't think it ever will be, even if it does exist.

Personally, I subscribe to the new age "Near Death Experience" crowd, the whole "going through a tunnel and seeing a light" etc...there isn't a hell..there's only "The Void" a place of darkness where you're alone until you ask for the help of "The Light" "God"...etc
>>
>>17273303

Tell that to Pam Reynolds
>>
>>17274626

Can you please explain why exactly?
>>
File: walking by.gif (2MB, 335x152px) Image search: [Google]
walking by.gif
2MB, 335x152px
beware of wolves in sheeps clothing.

remember, if it doesn't root back down to Love, it AIN'T real.
>>
>>17274765
OH NO, You figured out that ETERNAL punishment is completely ASININE and FALSE.

If there's punishment, it isn't eternal. It's a process. Much like how Earth is a process. People still like Earth...
>>
Purgatory
>>
>>17275586
purgatory was a made up place to help justify the donations to the church (indulgences) which would land you in a more agreeable spot with God. They didn't want to outright say you could buy your way to heaven so they invented purgatory.
>>
File: 95446.png (51KB, 244x241px) Image search: [Google]
95446.png
51KB, 244x241px
>>17271608
Remicade doesn't work for you ? I'm on an azathioprine (imuran) + mesalazine (pentasa) + infliximab (remicade) combo and it works for me (for now). Unless you have a very very bad case and the doctors can't force a remission and they have to cut off your guts bit by bit I don't see why you would consider suicide for this. How bad is yours ? Also, kind of an obligatory suggestion, sorry to bother you with this but did you look into cannabis oil/edibles ?

Commiting suicide is like jumping off a boat in the middle of the ocean during a terrible storm. It doesn't sound like a good idea to me unless your boat is on fire and there's no hope at all.

>>17273303
>a biological malfunction
What a fucking coherent biological malfuction since humans of all social backgrounds, all races all over the world experience it. Look at NDE reports, preferably from atheists who were spooked out of their beliefs by what they experienced.
>>
File: 365278.jpg (25KB, 460x378px) Image search: [Google]
365278.jpg
25KB, 460x378px
>>17275895
>What a fucking coherent biological malfuction since humans of all social backgrounds, all races all over the world experience it.

...Yea so if everyone experences it the same, sounds like it's pretty normal for your brain to freak out when the end comes.

As for atheists changing their beliefs after an NDE. People have changed their beliefs after DMT or ayahuasca trip. Which is odd since DMT can be found in your head and gets released at tramatic events like say a NDE. I compare changing beliefs because of some drug trip much like how my old ass TV screen would get all funky when I held a magnet to it. Like that episode where bender got high off of sticking fridge magnets to his head. Same thing. Hell there's a helmet that can stimulate your brain and make it feel the presence of "god" or other disembodied entity standing near you.

Were all just lights and clockwork my friend.
>>
>>17266109
You do know suicide is a one way ticket to hell, right?
>>
>>17275895

Hallucinations can easily be coherent and convincing. In fact, they're overwhelmingly, unquestionably real feeling more often than they're not. That's why even veteran psychedelic users recommend a sober sitter to keep you from accidentally walking out of a window or into traffic.

The fact that NDEs span across cultures simply implies that that there's some biological mechanism being triggered by the chemical stress of the brain shutting down; not for any productive reason, but just because being flooded with the hormones and neurotransmitters creates an environment where normal synapse firing is impossible. All of the carefully regulated balances in the brain go to shit, and it loses the ability to function properly. For all intents and purposes, for that moment where their brain is misfiring and beginning to shut down, their mental state is closer to insanity or being on a cocktail of very powerful drugs than anything like critical or lucid.

But I've used the drug metaphor before, and if that's not doing it for you I might have something else that you'd find interesting:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet
That's a device that can, without any foreign chemicals at all, create several powerful and convincing delusions just by disrupting certain parts of the brain with magnetic signals. Those delusions can range from the sense that someone is in an empty room with you, to something malevolent/evil/intent on harming you is watching you, to even the sense that you're in the presence of the divine (thus the name). All of those effects as well as some more subtle ones are brought about by disrupting the normal function of certain groups of neurons with a magnetic field.

Taking that into account, what would happen when the entire brain isn't functioning anything like optimally? We can see that brain structures are all similar enough to produce similar results in controlled environments, so why wouldn't they produce similar results out in the world?
>>
>>17275997

Ha, we both brought up the god helmet. I swear I didn't read your post until after I made mine. It has some pretty interesting implications, doesn't it.
>>
>>17274765
I don't think there's such a thing as "flesh" over there, m8. Don't think too damn hard.
>>
File: 1413175288639.jpg (23KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1413175288639.jpg
23KB, 375x500px
>>17276112
Sal good dude. Puts a pretty big fucking dent in people who say they felt him or saw him. No you were tripping balls and that's it. Like I said in a post earlier here. The is no good evidence of an afterlife. And any there is can easily be duplicated or explained.

I want to believe in an afterlife. I don't want to end. But I can't lie to myself and say there is cause I find more strength in standing with the terrifying fact I will become nothingness rather than believe I will accend to something else because that thought just makes me feel better. Seems...contrived. Hollow. It makes me feel better therefore it's right. I can't.

As for that re incarnated shit. Fuck that I'd rather become nothing than become someone else. Even if I'm promised chiseled good looks, shit loads of money and a big dick. I'd rather be forgotten as me than live again as another.
>>
File: 69648.png (39KB, 296x300px) Image search: [Google]
69648.png
39KB, 296x300px
>>17275997
>.Yea so if everyone experences it the same, sounds like it's pretty normal for your brain to freak out when the end comes.
Why would it freak out almost in the exact same way, the tunnel, the religious figures/deceased loved ones, the "masters", professors or whatever on the other side... Why not just trippy visuals or the same stuff people experience when they smoke dmt ?

>after DMT or ayahuasca trip
You should watch Yan Kounen's "Other worlds". Btw why are the visions under ayahuasca so coherent too? Why is it a snake for everyone? Why not a cat or a bear?

>Were all just lights and clockwork my friend.
How can you prove that ? Sorry to be lazy and use the same analogy every time everywhere but if I put magnets on the antenna of my radio, the sound changes, if I put it near the induction plates in the kitchen, it changes again. If I just grab the antenna the sound become more clear or distorted. So is the music contained inside the radio and does the music stops existing when I turn the radio off?

What if the drugs/magnetic fields just disrupt the connection between your mind/soul/whatever and your body, taking your mind just halfway to the other side? I'm not convinced of anything, I'm just looking for answers, but I don't find any.

>>17276098
When I say coherent, I just mean why are the hallucinations similar for everyone. Why smoking dmt or doing ayahuasca don't give you the classic NDE experience ? This god helmet thing isn't really convincing, reading the wiki I can see that there's a lot of debate around this.

I don't know, guys. This world appears too weird to me to be the product of chance. None of the materialistic explanations seem convincing. What about quantum physics?

I'd like to be certain that there's nothing more, then I could hang myself and be done with this, but I'm pretty sure that there's something after this life. But what ?

Good night I'm too tired for this but d-don't think you won !
>>
>>17266109
The question that's really going to bake your noodle is, what if you get to that unknown destination, and it's worse that the life you have now?

My point is that, no one really knows what happens when we truly die.
Find something you like to do, something that makes you happy, even if it's for a little while our seems meaningless and hold on to that.

Many people feel the way you do, and I'm one of them. In spite of some incredible depths of sorrow and loneliness, it's the little things that keep me holding on. This might sound stupid to most, but 'rare pepes' make me laugh and I save my favorites. Less than an hour ago, I started an '/x/tan' collection. Ridiculous, right? but these things, among others take me away from my pain, distract me from destructive thoughts and get me through the day.

Hang on, family. We are with you.
>>
File: 1416291392732.jpg (5KB, 251x208px) Image search: [Google]
1416291392732.jpg
5KB, 251x208px
>>17276238
>>Why would it freak out almost in the exact same way
because they all have human brains. hell i dont know dog anatomy but you slow cut the o2 out of a kennel and im sure theyll see a bright light as well. as for seeing dead family again, you know their dead and your brain will do A-N-Y thing to compensate for the fact that it is about to cease function.

>>You should watch Yan Kounen's "Other worlds"
might give it a look. but again drugs are not a pathway to another dimension. your holding magnets against your tv. its going to be awesome and vision altering cause you for the longest time perceive reality a certain way, now you introduce shit that just rewires the fuck out of it for awhile. why after 20-40 years of living like this, a hour or two into tripping balls suddenly you think THATS the real world, ill never know. as for the snake-

lets say your driving down a road. its long and straight. no other traffic, no lights other than from your car. suddenly you see a sign on a black pole on the side of the road that has the words "STOP" on it. did you picture that sign as red and octagonal? why? i didnt tell you it was. i just said it says stop. so now that i know that if i ever take ayahuasca i might see a snake, guess what i might see if i actually take ayahuasca?

>>How can you prove that?
because biology. we share over 99% or so of our DNA with the common fruit fly...and bananas. that our structure is made out of atoms forged in the stars but so are the atoms in fleshlights. thats what im saying. were not special at a base level.
>>
>>17276238

cont. from ->>17276326

but i understand what your throwin down. you believe our consciousness is some sort of signal and we perceive it through our brains. and thats a good theory...but in my lifetime im going to be able to have a coherent conversation with an artificially intelligent being that we manifested. a lifeform that can perceive the same reality that i see, and share opinions about it that it itself forms through self education, but its made by man. if its able to do that, what make me more special than it? cause im "natural"? im here the same way you are, our great monkey relatives outfucked the others and add a few 100k years and you get us. i just dont find what makes us-us, so special and unique.

>>I'm just looking for answers
dude, we all are. nite-nite anon.
>>
>>17273949

To say it increases your problems is beyond fucking retarded. If you're dead, it doesn't matter to you, and whoever is experiencing pain from your death also doesn't matter when, you know, you're dead.
>>
>>17276373
Yea...that's what I said
Wait are you agreeing with me?
Hard to tell cause people can't read but /x/ is the nicest board on here.
>>
>>17276238

Sleep well, hopefully you'll be back tomorrow. And this isn't about winning or losing, this is about discussion, challenging our beliefs and learning. We're not in opposition, we're in collaboration, even if our views are opposed.

As for similar hallucinations during NDEs, the truth is that they're not all similar. There's a list of known effects of NDEs, including out of body experiences, talking with loved ones, talking with god(s), the light at the end of the tunnel and many more. Most people don't experience (or remember experiencing) even one of those things, and the people who do usually experience one or maybe two of them. That's a lot of variety.

But I understand what you're saying. Why are there these common experiences shared by so many diverse people? It's simply because human brains, while complex, are all based off of the same basic structure. Your brain is unique, but it shares it's overall structure with mine, someone from Nigeria, someone from Tokyo, etc. Expose those brains to similar stimuli and you'll probably get similar results.

As for the controversy around the god helmet, the simple fact is there there hasn't been much in the way of replicating the design, so the methods and practices around it aren't solidified yet. It's fascinating from a philosophical standpoint, but from that of a neuroscientist, saying "if you create interference in the brain it causes interference with perception and cognition" is a bit of a "well duh" moment. There's just no apparent practical application to use or study those effects and funding is spread thin enough as it is, so they focus on more effective research instead of reviewing what is ultimately just an interesting glitch.

Discussing the nature of life on earth, how it's certainly not the result of chance and how that doesn't imply a divine creator is another topic entirely that I can't fit into this post. Make another thread and link it if you like, we can discuss it there.
>>
>>17266109
If you suicide you can be sure you won't get to something resembling heaven in any way.
>>
Believe on Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.
>>
>>17276988

Forgiveness on who's behalf for what sins?

Are we going the traditional route and saying sloth is a sin? If so, why do I have to be forgiven for that? Who am I hurting (except arguably myself)? Can't I just forgive me and try to do better?

What if I put a man in a wheelchair? Can Jesus forgive me for that? What of the dude in the wheelchair doesn't forgive me because I crippled him for life, does it not count anymore because Jesus is cool with me? Why should Jesus get to do that, doesn't wheelchair dude's suffering count?

Why do sins have to be forgiven? Is a sin some sort of physical thing? If you repent, change your ways and everything but don't get forgiven, does the sin still follow you even though you're a different person? What's the half life on unforgiven sins? If they're some sort of physical mark on you, is it theoretically possible to create some sort of technology that can wipe them away or change them, like all other physical things?

If a sin is a metaphorical thing, something that's not actually a physical or tangible thing, why is forgiveness important? Isn't improvement the concern, not the old act? If you got forgiven, but were still a shitty person, what does that change, why is that better?
>>
It isn't the best escape from life, consider answers can be found here also plenty of distractions in the world just look into them.
>>
>>17266109
>how can I be sure i'll go to the afterlife/heaven
>suicide
>killing yourself literally
You have zero chance. You shall not kill.
>>
>>17277036
These are good questions.
>>
>>17277090
And here's why I say suicide threads shouldn't be here.

When a person is genuinely suidical, it's not because they just haven't reached the conclusions you have. Things like depression, suicidal thoughts, etc., these aren't people who have just suffered lapses in logic.

Life doesn't make them happy. Quite the opposite, in many cases existence is stress, even pain. There isn't a rational solution because they react to reality on a fundamentally different level.

Most people shouldn't be trying to give people entertaining suicide advice outside of "consult a professional before making the final call," but seriously, if you don't even understand core level despair, then shut up.

To be sure, I don't understand core level despair. I'm genetically hard wired to be happy and awesome. But I've at least learned that everyone isn't me. Learn that. Not everyone is you. Until you grasp that, you can't give worthwhile advice. And most worthwhile advice is to yourself : back off.
>>
>>17266109
mate, it's not worth it, I've been contemplating it too but it would just be too painful for my family, not counting the fact that they'd have to scoop my fucking brains off the floor, don't do it mate, please
>>
>>17279721
Not to mention you evacuate everything and become heavier. Dieing is so damn messy.
>>
>>17266109
It's probably different for everyone if an afterlife exists
Dualism is a lie, there is no heaven, there is no hell
>>
>>17266853
>2016
>still believing in religion

Retard detected.
>>
>>17266124
Here's a book I uploaded now for you.

http://a.pomf.cat/hxwjmx.pdf

Paranormal Experience and Survival of Death; Carl B. Becker; State University of New York Press; 1993.

I'm particularly fond of pages 110-116 where the author lambastes Carl Sagan's ass for his stupid "replay of birth experience" nonsense.
>>
>>17266339
>>17269250
Who said what that idiot says is fact? It's just an opinion.
>>
>>17266124
I would also recommend

Aristocracy of the Dead; Arthur S. Berger; McFarland & Company; 1987

but I don't have that one. The hardcover version is on my wishlist.
>>
>>17276988
You religious fanatics are funny.
>>
>>17266109
>I've been thinking about suicide for a while now, I'm wondering, how can I be sure i'll go to the afterlife/heaven?
You can't be sure. live it up now.
don't wanna? eat a bullet, an hero style
>>
>>17270173
>>17270973
These might be my fedora leftovers but a God who wants me to do His bidding or else is not my friend.

OP, suicide is often a direction of anger that can't be externalized into the inner self.
Find the cause of your anger, and the suicidal impulses will go away.
>>
File: feelsagain.jpg (37KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
feelsagain.jpg
37KB, 600x340px
>>17273239

Don't make me think about this stuff dude, it always makes me feel so insignificant.
>>
>>17271608
God expelled humans from Eden so that they would suffer. Look for hospice treatment. When you are there, punch God for me.
>>
>>17274093
Suicide by cop is still suicide.
>>
>>17280345
>it always makes me feel so insignificant.

How is this a bad thing?
>>
I think this might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ygrhdg8CRY
>>
>>17280420
>i am God, then we are God

IDK why man, just thinking about the idea of being completely alone BY being the one and only makes me feel strange and uncomfortable.
>>
>>17276098
What if I told you a little story.

An animal doesn't need to perceive things that are not useful for its survival. They are distracting, useless information. Over time, those individuals who are "blind" to certain kinds of inputs have their survival chances increased.
One of the very things an animal in the physical realm doesn't need to see is spirits. Evolution selected those who are not distracted by spirits, increasing their survival chances.
Of course, some people have those filters broken. "Shamanic" predisposition seems to be linked to chromosome X (it is inherited from mothers) like many brain-related functions.

When you die, all this blinding shell eventually disintegrates, and you start seeing some strange things. My beliefs on what happen later, come from my Hermetic background. To put it very shortly, suicide is not good. You always are attracted ro and can see mostly like-minded people. We all will meet in the horrible 4chan /x/ somewhere, but avoiding suicide would be better.
Also, please avoid /b/ like the plague.

Late apologies for the poor English, and regards from Brazil.
>>
>>17280207
Do you believe that mankind painfully arose from the caves to where we are now, and will continue to progress toward a shining future in the stars? A future where disease, poverty and suffering will be conquered by technology?
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that this is religion too, with no base on reality.
>>
>>17280434
>being completely alone BY being the one and only

Man I'm trying to relate but I keep reading this and still cant grasp what you men. You're the one and only now and have been unless your mom gave birth to a team or your part of conjoined twins you always have been one and only.

You're not some special little snowflake but there's not another like you unless there's a doppelganger we should know about.
>>
If you kill yourself you give up your physical body and life tied with it. It would stand to reason that because you have up your physical body you forfeit your spiritual one meaning no afterlife. If you are a Christian than this is an unforgivable sin meaning hell. Let's assume contrary to what I believe that Heaven/hell doesn't exist and is just a DMT release experience. The self hate and violence towards oneself would create a Hell hallucination meaning you would feel like you are in Hell for an eternity just like the scripture says.
>>
>>17280449

You speak more English than I do Portuguese, so I don't think I should hold any grammar slip ups against you (that there was anything besides the odd typo in the first place).

Putting our differences about the supernatural aside for a moment, why would seeing spirits be a distraction and not a evolutionary boon? You're right of course about our perceptions being limited to what gives us advantages, but it seems to me that being able to converse with intangible, (mostly) invisible beings would have been such a huge advantage over every other species that we might not have even felt the need to develop technology. Exploration, scouting for hunting and gathering, extra alertness to predators, information providing tactical advantages during tribal conflicts, the list of things that a friendly spirit or two could do for a small village seems remarkable, possibly even more than an extra living human.

Also, what makes you think that such an ability seems to passed down maternally? Inherited cognitive functions come from both X and Y chromosomes, and fathers can pass on X chromosomes as well so long as they have a daughter. Do you have any evidence or anecdotes of such abilities being inherited or simply manifested, and if so can you share them? Could you tell me more about your hermetic background and any advantages it might have given you?

And we can agree on /b/. These days it's not even just offensively interesting, it's just in tedious poor taste.
>>
>>17280465
Man now THERE is some straw man bullshit in action. The only thing you need to be telling people, buddy, is that you're a state recognized retard who needs help wiping your own ass.

Seriously, the "call every idea a religion," bullshit just marks you as a fucking moron. That you invented this whole fantasy idea of what someone you don't know must believe about a future utopia just means you're also a lying little ass clown who can't say three goddamned sentences without proving yourself one of the shittier humans alive today. Fuck off you useless shit rag. People like you are the fucking problem.
>>
>>17280465

Differentfag here.

You put it a bit simplistically. We did arise from small tribes of hunter-gatherers and almost got wiped out by some disaster that cut down our population to about 10,000 people, but we got lucky and achieved enough stability to advance. And assuming that we don't destroy ourselves, get blasted by a gamma ray burst from some ancient black hole, have an asteroid end us dinosaur style, etc, then yes, we will advance to interstellar travel relatively soon (not within our natural lifespans mind you, but soon on the scale of human existence). Even then, the future won't be perfectly utopian; it'll have it's own problems and deal with them in it's own fashion, but disease and poverty (at least as we currently understand them) are certainly not going to be among them.

That's not religion, that's just history and recognizing trends. The scientific method has gotten us farther in the short time it's existed than all of the advancements of all of the previous societies put together. The world might seem grim to us, but people from even just a few generations ago would marvel at the comfort, safety, stability and productivity we've created in the first world. They might even consider our standard of living, abundance of resources and automation of so many unpleasant but necessary tasks as downright decadent. As long as we keep on doing what we're doing, we're going to create wonders just a few generations from now that make the contrivances of science fiction seem short sighted and mundane.
>>
>>17280813
I'm not sure where I heard about shamanism being linked to chromosome X; please ignore it, probably my mind is playing tricks on me. My apologies.
It is my opinion that such a thing would be helpful, yes, but not if it was on all the time, where it would be very distracting, if not for anything else because of the excessive crowding; non-physical beings are not lethal most of the time.
As a recessive trait, rare, yes, what you mentioned applies; it would be good to have a shaman around.
For shamanism and evolution you might like this book:
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/search.php?req=shamanism+paradigm+winkelman
You want chapter 6, "Evolutionary Origins of Shamanic Ritual".

For the Hermetic background: one can't prove if it is real or not; the planes thing seems helpful to explain certain elements in folklore. One can't prove it exists objectively, I mean "outside of our heads". But it is useful to make sense of stuff like "why some beings can't cross running water" (running water disrupts etheric patterns).
>>
>>17281065

Thanks for the read. I'll give it a look when I have some time to sit down and give it my full attention.

I'm familiar with hermetic traditions and the reasoning behind them, from colors to circles to the use of foci, but I meant more along the lines of your personal experience with it. What has it done for you, personally?
>>
When we die we will wait to be judged in Sheol.

If we walked in the ways of Jesus and Yahweh we will be in Abraham's Bosom

Otherwise we will be with all the former mighty men of the Earth Hitler Alexander the Great David Bowie awaiting our judgement.

None of the great men of history will be anything more than a lowly worm at that point.

Those who lived in Christ will have a glorious eternity to look forward too
>>
>>17266109
you wont, you will just reincarnate with the same diffuculties as you did in this. and you will have wasted x amount of years in this incarnation on nothing. You are here to reach nirvana.
>>
Bamp
>>
>>17283758
And where in the Bible does it say any of that?
>>
Everything we know says that you as a conscious being will cease to exist once you die. Even if you were to live on as a spirit, ghost, soul or whatever, it's worth mentioning that all your traditional senses (vision, hearing, taste, smell and touch) would be gone since they're just your brain's way of interpreting data.

>inb4 NDEs
No one actually knows how long the brain still functions after the organs providing nutrients to it fails. It probably just creates a hallucination as a protection mechanism.
>>
Accept Jesus Christ into your heart and repent your sins. Seek and ye shall find. Simply ask God to come into your life and you can know Him. Look up the sinners prayer, pray it. I'm saved and have an actual guarantee that when I die I go to heaven. I know that seems like something you cannot know but prepare to get your mind blown. Do you have any idea how amazing it is to KNOW the one true God, to KNOW you get to go to heaven? All you have to do is accept that you've sinned and take the way out he made for you. God bless
>>
>>17287109
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through the Lord Jesus Christ.
>>
Convert to Islam.

/thread
>>
>Suicide
>Heaven
You won't, faggot.
>>
>>17283730
>>17286330
>>17287109
>>17287115
>>17287173
>>17287208
Christian sheeple, please go brainwash people somewhere else.
>>
>>17287109
Can anyone here give a single rational reason not to think Christians are all just cultural followers clinging to an arbitrary local tradition, with no insight or knowledge of the divine at all?
>>
>>17287064

The brain can function for about ten to fifteen seconds on just the blood in one's head. With residual blood flow that occurs even after the heart has stopped, that can be radically extended. There's normally about a five minute window to revive someone with minimal brain damage.

If they died of (nonfreezing) hypothermia and remained cold for most of the duration of their death, it's possible to revive a healthy young person hours after their death. The chances of extreme brain damage are high, but it is possible that they could escape with only minimal damage.

When you examine cases like these, it makes you question the afterlife. Someone can come back the dead after being D-E-D dead for hours, no pulse, no brain activity, no anything.
Why don't they remember heaven? Most of those NDE people were down for minutes at the most and most of those had brain activity throughout the entire process. You would think the more extreme cases didn't just travel towards the light, but got there and had time for a few cups of coffee and a chat with god or saint peter or satan or whoever before being yanked back. Why don't they recall it?
>>
>>17269000
Can't you see the wondrous aspects of randomness and nothingness?
Imagine all the little things that happened to get us to where we are now. If all those things happened by mere chance, we are tremendously lucky to even be here. Anything could have happened that would alter how things are, a few minute differences and we might be a whole different species comtemplating and discussing our existence.
Pair that with the notion that if nothing comes after experiencing the life you are in now, it becomes all the more precious. This way of thinking could give you the drive to improve upon your life, in any way possible to you.
I'm not claiming there is no afterlife, but from a philosophical point of view, I could still find comfort in the notion that there was no afterlife.
>>
>>17266299
/thread
thanks for the motivation pal
>>
>>17266109
Matthew 7:21 KJV
"21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

Matthew 22:37-40
"37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Read the entire KJV Bible, cover to cover, and when you get done reading it, read it again and again and again and again. Do every word it says and I promise you you will be in the kingdom of heaven in your final days
>>
>>17290955
Matthew 19:21
Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

This is what Jesus would do.
DO IT FAGGOT
>>
>>17276315
This is a really beautiful post regardless of how silly it may seem.
>>
I'm glad I've found this thread. I've been, I guess, dangerously close to suicide for about a month now. I have twice gone to a railway bridge, but each time passers by have intervened. I have tested out other ways too, but was concerned who would find me at that particular time so didn't go through with it. I had a couple of better days recently, but have really crashed again. I'm literally in tears right now and have been pacing up and down contemplating whether to just get it over with now. Knowing other people feel the same makes me feel somewhat less alone.
>>
>>17291378
>Knowing other people feel the same
Then you've never been on /r9k/ or /adv/.
You're not going to be alone unless you go out of your way to isolate yourself. The mistake is in thinking that nobody around you knows how you feel when you haven't asked them. Your pain is not unique.
>>
>>17266109
my gf dont lov me and is getting engaged to someone else i wana die god
>>
>>17266109
read this book, there is a lot about the afterlife in it.
http://projectavalon.net/The_Holographic_Universe_Michael_Talbot.pdf
>>
>>17266109
Your "soul" is connected to your genes. When you die you can meet your ancestors, and also you will reincarnate in the body of one of your descendants, being them directly from you or not.
>>
There is a life before death.
>>
>>17266109
your question makes no sense. Your mind has this question, but when you kill yourselves your mind will be death to and the question is gone. What is the difference between killing yourself and the risk of getting killed or die on every other day? If you will be ever able to kill yourselves, than you was ment to kill yourselve, because your free will is only an illusion. Shutdown your expectations about life, your society and yourself and start living before you die. Death has to be earned. By the way, it's only your mind who wants to die, not your body. You just lost your connection to your body and now you feel the loneliness, feel your body, and feel the oneness. Don't be afraid of the death, living can be hell.
>>
>>17266109

It doesn't matter what you believe. It's real or it's not, and there's nothing we can do about it either way. Therefore just be patient.

oh and don't kill yourself or something
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 640x360px
Just close pandora's Box and be free again, like you was in your childhood!
>>
>>17266202
They are cute. I never kill them when they hang out in my bathroom.
>>
There is nothing after death. Nothing at all.
>>
>>17293045
You're wrong and I feel deeply sorry for you, because you have to be very lonely. And who do you think controls your heartbeat? Or produces your thoughts?
>>
>>17266109
By accepting Jesus Christ as God and Saviour, then you will need to read Holy Bible daily and live according to it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Most of the humans lives permanently in a bubble (mind). The mind is just a mixture of reality and imagination. This bubble has it's limits and if you feel this limits you feel the cage and getting depressed and finally suicidal. To get out of this bubble it is necessary to focus on that what is truely in the center of your universe - your body. Be aware of your body and you will be free. Only then you will be able to feel the connection between everything. You will feel your endless potential, limited by your body and mind and finally find your purpose to bring this potential into this realm.
>>
>>17274769
this guy gets it
>>
>>17266124
My great grandmother saw her late husband waiting for her moments before she died.
>>
>>17266109
Check out near death experiences
http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Archives/archives_main.htm
>>
>>17293777
Recommended additional reading:
http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/Tu2RHp7i/file.html
>>
>>17266109
In my religion when you commit suicide you go to hell cuz you are destroying your body that God did
>>
Suicide is selfish go out with honor
>>
>>17266109
This is the perfect video for you or anybody like you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BENvAMwL8P4
>>
Is this the real life...is this just fantasy?
>>
Caught in a landslide...
>>
No escape from reality.
>>
>>17266124
>Jesus is a nigger
http://www.celebtricity.com/christian-racist-teen-dies-for-5-minutes-comes-back-says-jesus-is-a-nger/
>>
>>17266109
Sadly your probably won't, people go to hell or purgatory because of their negative emotions, or their personal baggage weighs them down. Which suicide is always bad, it's self murder.

So no, more than likely you wouldn't go to heaven after killing yourself.
Thread posts: 247
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.