[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Americas richer with cryptids

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 14

File: plsprovewrong.jpg (205KB, 1054x529px) Image search: [Google]
plsprovewrong.jpg
205KB, 1054x529px
Did the ancient europeans hunt out to extincion all and any cryptids in europe ? In americas we to this day hear reports of skinwalkers, bigfoots, dogmen, mothmen, chupakabras. Is there anything like it in europe ?

i believe there isn't but i hope i'm just missinformed and ignorant.
>>
Europe has culturally grown out of making up fairytales a long time ago.
>>
>>17264488
There are plenty of skinwalker-esque stories from Europe. Lurk moar.
>>
>>17264488
Course we have reports of weird shit here. Have had for hell of a lot longer than you muricans have.
>>
>>17264524
i know but those reports are from middle ages thats why i think that anything that has caused those reports has diedout
>>
Because Americucks are easier to fool

"Bigfoot" is a billion dollar industry
>>
>>17264511
dont be an idiot. till the 20th century a mountain gorilla was a cryptid.
>>17264524
i'm a eurofag. thats why im asking wheres the spoopy at
>>
>>17264536
>dont be an idiot.

Fuck you, i'll be what i want.
>>
>>17264528
I guess it takes the shape of more so incorporeal beings here. Ghosts, shadow beings, that kind of stuff.

And of course there's the out-of-place animals, at least yearly reports of mysterious giant black dogs and cats and shit that could be considered cryptids
>>
the popular cryptids are mostly tied to tourism, no?

Most of Europe has actual historical content to bring out the tourists, so they don't have to rely on that gimmicky shit (Loch Ness being the outlier)
>>
>>17264548
yeah but where, on which part of the continent
>>
>>17264548
Of course the animals could also just be explained away by stray wolves and lynxes and shit in areas they don't generally live in.
>>
When did Skinwalkers make the jump from "silly creepypasta material" to "people genuinely believe these things are real"?
>>
>>17264559
well lynxes are rare as fuck nowadays and they aint that big to be cofused with something else
>>
>>17264557
I'd say eastern europe, or the scottish moors.
>>
>>17264562
when they originated from native america stories and not on creepypasta dipshit.
>>
>>17264536
>dont be an idiot. till the 20th century a mountain gorilla was a cryptid.
and as technology progressed and ecological methods improved they essentially became impossible to miss.

You don't have an species of animal 500kg+ that leaves absolutely no ecological footprint.
>>
>>17264565
The eurasian lynx can actually be surprisingly large.
>>
>>17264566
eastern europe makes sense since it is underdeveloped (shitstorm inbound, fuck you it is underdeveloped im from croatia i know what im talking about)
>>
>>17264569
how do you know they weren't native american creepypastas?
>>
>>17264574
30 kilo and 75 cm is not big compared to other big cats.
>>
>>17264574
Cuck: The Post
>>
>>17264572
wrong reply>>17264581
>>
>>17264583
the fuck you on about mate ?
>>
>maybe thats why eu has more ghosts

also amerifats cant out of bed
>>
>>17264569
That's just culturaal misappropriation you dumbshit. Skinwalkers were a type of wizard from some tribe, whose other magic schools include blood and fetish. Skinwalkers were tribesmen, this is why "HURR USE HIS TRUE NAME" is listed as an anti-skinwalker weapon, because it's a person in your tribe, whose name you know, and whose status as a black magic user is also known. This makes no sense with "a white people stealing injun's property again" barking smelly chameleon deer man. White ash is also an honored tree for said tribe, hence why it would be used to make skinwalker stop acting a fool.
But then, for you to know that, it would require you to fucking read a book or google once in while instead of sitting around gaining knowledge from creepypasta.
>/x/ believes the world is flat
>/x/ believes the world is convex
>/x/ believes that camera glitches are evidence of Mayan death rays
>/x/ believes that a man's psychic journey to the invisible crystal pyramids under the ocean are proof of aliens in the Bermuda triangle
Fuck it, who am I kidding.
Yes, skinwalkers as /x/ has it are indeed from native american stories. Authentic as fuck.
>>
>>17264581
See now, there aren't any actual wild "big cats" in europe. Not for a couple millenia, when the ancient greeks hunted the last european lions to extinction.

Which makes the eurasian lynx the largest cat in europe.
>>
>>17264636
i'm aware of that thank you.
>>
File: 1276992574980.jpg (23KB, 315x332px) Image search: [Google]
1276992574980.jpg
23KB, 315x332px
>>17264511
>Europe has culturally grown out of making up fairytales
>we can bring a bunch of almost preindustrial skill-less, intensely sexist and racist foreigners home and they will instantly accept our customs and be able to preform high value technical jobs
>>
>>17264532
Source?
>>
>>17265046
https://www.google.ca/search?q=bigfoot+conference&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj1jsWCzsPKAhVQ3GMKHRZMB7sQ7xYIGSgA&biw=784&bih=582
>>
>>17264488
No. Europe still pays respect to the old gods, mostly without realizing it, in local festivals and such. European countries can trace their history to the Roman empire, which worshipped the beings now called cryptids. So they are for the most part appeased by the occasional goat thrown down a hill by rural people in the summer solstice.

Meanwhile, in America, the genocide of native americans all but eliminated all knowledge of how to appease their gods, that's why there are more reports of their attacks.

>>17264931
/pol/ please
>>
File: jackalope.jpg (92KB, 322x322px) Image search: [Google]
jackalope.jpg
92KB, 322x322px
>>17265199
are all the cryptids Gods?

What is the jackalope the god of
>>
>>17265207
There are creatures similar to the Jackalope in a ton of different mythologies, so it's hard to say what exactly. Rabbits infected bya certain kind of papilomavirus look horned, so they might be unrelated to the other cryptids and really just be a misinterpretation of what people saw. Or maybe pagan priests, witches and the like intentionally infected animals as part of the process to make them familiars and they became associated with the supernatural that way.
>>
>>17265244
and the jackalope is angered when we don't perform sacrificial rituals?

Ive never heard of somebody being gored by one
>>
>>17265253
Nah, they're at best semi-cryptids, rabbits modified by the real cryptids/gods, perhaps to act as familiars or just by exposure. They're not dangerous.
>>
>>17265261
Are u fucking retarded mate gods are thought beasts
A cryptid is not a thought beast
>>
>>17265309
The Roman pantheon had both thought beasts/tulpas and cryptids as part of it, generally the cthhonian creatures and animal like gods were cryptids and the higher gods of abstract concepts were thought beasts.

The spread of christianity dramatically weakened, if not outright killed, most of the thought deities. Most of what's out there these days is cryptids.
>>
There is so much completely empty wilderness in north America. It's very easy to imagine cryptids existing here without being discovered, and Indians having no real records beyond vague ancestral stories.
>>
>>17264488
Skinwalkers probably killed whoever would spread stories about them on EU.
>yfw it's actually true
>>
File: 1453646929655.jpg (2MB, 2081x1477px) Image search: [Google]
1453646929655.jpg
2MB, 2081x1477px
>>17264488
Ever heard of a little thing, no biggie honestly, just this small event some people know about called the Holocaust?
>>
>>17265874
That makes no connection to the topic you fucking faggot
>>
>>17264488
Europe is way more densely populated than North America. There is simply little to no place where cryptids could be hiding there.
>>
>>17268388
Nazis killed off the criptids alongside jews.
>>
>Werewolves
>Vampires
>Fairies
>Elves
>Dryads
>Trolls
Europe had a lot of cryptids, but most of them have been Disneyfied by modern tales and stories. They've become part of our pop-culture so you no longer take them seriously, or consider them as valid as their newer and less exploited American counterparts.

When they start releasing romantic teenage chupakabra dating movies, you'll stop taking that myth seriously just like you no longer respect iconic European folklore.
>>
>>17265874
No. Please explain Anon. Is it like a telethon?
>>
>>17268405
How would you know ? Sauce
>>
>>17264511
This. The only reason amerifats are obsessed with bigfoot, chupacabra etc. is because their country lacks a real culture and history so they only have these silly 'legends' to hold on to.
>>
Youre just misinformed.
endless stories about cryptid animals and walking spirits in the old forest of europe. especially scandinavia.

we just know thats ome things better stay untouched. the romans worshipped these so called cryptids.
And in a lot of local festivities in christian countries there are still spirits worshipped that have nothing to do with christianity.
>>
File: kkk.jpg (44KB, 650x429px) Image search: [Google]
kkk.jpg
44KB, 650x429px
>>17268779
khazikstan has some fucked stories about cryptids scratching on peoples doors at night

ukraine has a mansion that was built over a giant hole to cover it, there were legends of things flying out of the hole and harrassing local people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houska_Castle
>Houska Castle was featured on an episode of Ghost Hunters International which aired on SyFy on July 22, 2009. Most Haunted Live visited the castle on March 26, 2010.[citation needed]. The most famous French team of paranormal investigators (R.I.P recherches investigations paranormal) investigated the Castle in 2013 in their episode " The hell gate" Episode 3 Season 2 [3]

if someone can link the epi i would love it
>>
>>17268797
actually czech republic...
is that ukraine? i dunno desu
>>
>>17268806
wat? are you an amerifat. ukraine, khazakstan and czech are three different nations.

jesus christ mate.
>>
>>17268759

>America
>Lacking a culture

No, dipshit. We have such a great culture that quite literally the entire world watches our media, wears our clothing, and eats our food. We don't have an ancient culture because we are a new nation founded by adventurers and colonists. Learn the difference.
>>
File: frog on beetle 2.jpg (77KB, 540x506px) Image search: [Google]
frog on beetle 2.jpg
77KB, 540x506px
>>17264488
Well most of Europe is more densely populated then America. We hunted most things into extinction from Aurochs to almost all wolves.
I know a danish king even spent a few years traveling Denmark with his troops to exterminate all trolls, which is said to have been succesful
l.
>>
>>17264488
>>17269006
Apart from eu being much more densely populated, the americas and the US are vastly larger than most European nations. Just look at the size of texas or alaska compared to Europe. Lots more room for cryptids to hide and populate.
>>
>>17268976
>"wears our clothing"
>mistaking commercial success for culture
Those are not your clothes and your food, only things invented and sold by private companies. You basically don't even have a meaningful national holiday.
>>
>>17268976
>We don't have an ancient culture because we
Relegated a noble savage people to shitty parched Earth that caused them to degenerate into actual savages that partition money in a aristocratic fashion and engage in chimpanzee "beat the shit out of people" raids on people lacking in proper breeding. Then proceed to rape their cultural identity with dank, lore ignoring, memes.
>Indians have barely any access to the internet
>those who do, are 59/60th white and go around doing circus sideshow dances at Black Lives Matter "not a riot"
>every year two languages are lost forever
>within two generations we will be forever cut off from knowing the meaning behind the untranslated jokes in Jarmusch's Dead Man
>within three generations there will be no one to speak of the thunderbird, the horned serpent, and the deer woman
>>
>>17264520
Share? Any in the UK?
>>
>>17264488
Europe is the bitchiest and most corroded timeline this world has ever known. I blame the Jews for failing to recognize their own existential implications.
>>
>>17264557
The UK, theres a lot about beasts. The beast of Bodmin for example. Huge prints etc in most of the pennines.
>>
>>17269792
http://www.mheap.com/big%20cats.html
>>
>>17268759
Name some differences in American and European culture
>>
>>17264488
I don't get the picture. One's of a cryptid and ones of some ruins. The things aren't related.

It's like saying America has food, and Europe has shoes.
>>
>>17270645
>implying europe is a single country
Take Greek culture as an example. It is over 2500 years old. It has a unique cuisine, a massive mythology and literature still inspiring poets and writers today. I haven't even mentioned the Greek philosophy and history.
>>
File: image.jpg (294KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
294KB, 1000x750px
>>17264557
Germany, UK, and Sweden all have stories of a creature that takes over men's bodies. The indo-European word for this creature was reconstructed as: *yuro'cuk

The *yuro'cuk is a subtle, insidious creature.

After taking over the body of it's victim, it adopts the mannerisms and likeness of its host so well that even those closest to him are unaware that their loved one is being slowly changed from the inside. The *yuro'cuk causes its victim (always male) to begin acting more effeminate and less assertive. Later as the possession progresses the *yuro'cuk causes its host make decisions and act in ways that are counter to its innate sense of self preservation. In most cases the *yuro'cuk possession will causes the host to also act in ways that deliberately bring about the collapse of their communities. In the final stages of the possession the *yuro'cuk causes its host to attempt to spread the possession to other men within the community.

Scary shit desu senpai...
>>
>>17269233
Nativefag here and wtf are you talking about? Honestly I would say that we are in a recovery period and our population is growing and thus the number of people who practice the various cultures. The language thing sucks but at least many of them are now recorded and will be just another 'dead language' which is something that occurs literally everywhere else.
>>
>>17270649
Its saying exactly that. We have a rich culture you have old native stories
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 800x600px
>>17264557
>>17264557
UK. Where I live a large(ish) cat was spotted. A few years later someone hit it with their car. It got stuffed and put on display at the library. I grew up changing books being stared at by a dead swamp cat. Here's the source

http://www3.hants.gov.uk/heritage100/item.htm?itemid=45

It's true when in the article it says more have been seen. You do occasionally get reports of a large cat in the West Lane area. To give that context. West Lane runs through farmland for about a mile or two but is also parallel to the sea where there's a small wooded area and a swamp. It's an around 5 miles long stretch of woods, fields and swamp. So I wouldn't be surprised if there's still something down there. Used to go down there with friends every day, build shelters, fires and bridges over the rivers
>>
>>17268759
>Le Americans are bad meme
You're a guest on our Earth.
>>
>>17271517
Brilliant
>>
>>17271517
Poor Eurococks, enjoy those muslims..
>>
>>17264488
The ads are getting old.
>>
>>17273768
The fuck you on about faglord
>>
>>17264571

This

It's highly unlikely that there's something such as, Big Foot, roaming around.

You can make up explanations for why it's not seen, but the simplest and most logical is that it doesn't exist.

No idea why that's a problem, though. A tiger, for example, is fucking more than crazy enough.
>>
>>17264488
By European you actually mean British because you're taking about stories written in English.

In Britain there are no real wildernesses so the imagination doesn't have the same material to play with.

In the US you have big forests your imagined bogeymen can hide in.

I've no doubt that Central and Eastern Europe has plenty of spooky myths. They still have trolls in Scandinavia.
>>
>>17273811
For all i care the story can be translated to english. Theres a balkan thread stories are in english but that doesnt mean the people are brits. I dont know why i even bother to explain this its fucking cimmon sense
>>
>>17264511
Says the redcoat neckbeard faggot who's browsing /x/, yet is willing to instantly shitpost on any decent thread.
>>
>>17264488

The US is retarded. They'll believe anything people say.
>>
>>17268388
Yeah it does, Nazi's killed off all the Jewgoblins
>>
>>17265166
That was not evidence of a billion dollar a year industry. That was just a google search for sasquatch confrences
>>
>>17269101
Clean the sand out of your vagina you fuckwad.
>>
>>17273870
He has a point fuckwad. You exist for 200 yeqrs and you were founded by murderes rqpists thieves whores and beggars same like aussies. Yiure the fuckwad here pick a fucking hiatory book every once in a while dipshit
>>
File: 111652_600.jpg (78KB, 600x523px) Image search: [Google]
111652_600.jpg
78KB, 600x523px
>>17273800
Lol.

I mean DIS-INFORMATION coming from all the new sources on this site, guy.
>>
File: IMG_20160126_092918.jpg (491KB, 1440x2033px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160126_092918.jpg
491KB, 1440x2033px
>>17273811
Saddleworth Moore for a start...fackin' creapy...Places in Wales....And what the fuck is between A628 and A57(Snake Rd.) 'ow 'bout these, bruv?
>>
>>17273933
american culture is bro tier:
>lots of good weather stuff, swimming in lakes, rivers, pools, mountain climbing, bicycles etc
>under age drinking
>large yards, mini-mansions for everyone
>back yard bbqs
>video games
>guns
>freedom
>internet

>motorcycles n race cars, street racing, and classic cars are huge here

neigh bad
>>
>>17274069
almost forgot the pizza and fireworks
>>
>>17264488
Lol. At least they tried to.
>>
>>17273870
Go choke on your deep fried burritos, Cleetus. Enjoy your nigger riots.
>>
Their is so much evidence of all these mythological beast but not enough to the point they say its "real"
>>
>>17274282
>Their is so much evidence of all these mythological beast

But they're not though is their's?
>>
>>17274422
Lrn to engrish
>>
>>17264574
Please don't compare balkan shithole to the rest of Eastern Europe, you are a mix of gypsy and muslim trash that happens to speak a slavic language.
>>
>>17274530
>implying slavic isn't trash by itself
>>
>>17274542
>implying the largest and oldest indo-european group which currently holds the most of land on this planet is trash. Please leave you jew-gypsy-sandnigger hybrid.
>>
>>17264488
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zJbwSkGr1w1I.khA6atkFiadY&hl=en_US
>>
>>17274572
If we didn't fend off the muslim invaders, you would have been buttraped. You're welcome.
>>
>>17274530
Lel. Croats have nothing to do with turks or gypsies you have to talk to serbs about that. Not to mention that it was the criats not the czech or russian or polak people who stoped turks on our border. We came here from ukraine (white croatia). Inform yourself.
>>
>>17273807
>You can make up explanations for why it's not seen, but the simplest and most logical is that it doesn't exist.
Simple logic is not welcome in these parts.
>>
>>17274572
>indo-european
>Not indo-asian

Slavs have never been white. Stop lying to yourself.
>>
>>17268428
This. Europe is motherland
>>
>>17264636
>not including the loose leopards and panthers released decades ago by irresponsible owners
>>
>>17274631
>has no idea who i am
Who are you, idiot? Who did you fend off?
>>
>>17274069
>>under age drinking
most european countries allow the purchase of alcohol at around 16
american underage drinkin is just regular drinkin
>>
>>17268615
Kobolds, Doppelganger, Changelings, Hobgoblins, Trolls, Juden, Warlocks different names for the same nefarious force.
>>
>>17264511
Scandinavians still believe in elves you idot
>>
>>17265244
Jackalopes have never been associated with the supernatural, only with tall tales and creative taxidermy.

But if you wanted to paint it as a pagan symbol obviously the antlers come from the horned god common to all indoeuropeans and the rabbit is a symbol of fertility.
>>
>>17275129
>juden
I see what you did there
>>
>>17275132
Believe schmelieve, elves are part of scandinavian tradition and folklore. It's not like anyone actually believes they exist in this day and age. Just like trolls, the kraken, all the gods, both nordic and finnic, woodland spirits, farmland spirits...
>>
>>17264488
perhaps it is because we have richer cultures with people and cities that we don't have use for spoopy stuff.
there is lore, but not much..
>>
>>17264488
Well Scandinavia has a quite extensive reportoir of crypdits and the stuff. There are a lot of stories regarding the traditional Troll, not the internet kind, Huldra, Tusser and so forth. They have many names, but they all refer to some form om "the hidden people". They are seen as prankster, helpers and devils, their behavior mostly affected by the way you treat them. Huldra is a beautiful female, but with a cowtail. She charms and entraps lone male wanderes in the mountains, and lead them away, never to be found again.But she isn't always a foe. A tale i remember of her is where a girl tending to her familys livestock on the summer pasture up in the mountains is suffering from joint pains, and is visited by Huldra. She brings the girl a bowl a salve, which heals her.
Another one is where a young man meets a beautful woman up in the mountains. He spots her cowtail, but plays along. Just as Huldra thinks she has im hooked, he pulls out his knife, and throws it into her back, and she disappears. So she is both a helper and a danger, but more as a danger.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulder

Writing this down makes me remember a story my grandmother told me long time ago. Tusser don't have a very specific physical description, but are smaller than humans, living underground near humans, somtimes in a symbiotic relationship.
Now, my fathers side of the family is from Telemark, and my grandmother grew up on the Brauti Farm near Kviteseid in inner Telemark. It was a small farm, so i doubt you will find it via google maps. The vallies and highlands of Telemark were the last to be charted and christened in Norway, and so kept a lot of ancient traditon that more accesible areas lost over time.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 279x181px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 279x181px
Well look at the size, even with Scandinavian, Europe can fit like twice into the US alone. Europe has not that much nature areas left like the US to hide some who knows what creatures
>>
>>17276063
Anyways, my grandmother told me of her uncle i believe, who had a farm, also near Kviteseid. On this farm was a large mound, and as she told me there lived Tusser, hidden people, beneath it. My granduncle kept a good relationship with them for the most part, he would put out some porrige for them from time to time, and the bowl would always be empty when he went to collect it. This isn't noteworthy really, as it could just as likely have been an animal, but it was eaten with a wooden spoon, which always woud be in the bowl afterwards. Due to these acts of kindness, the hidden people acted sort of like like hidden heplers, especially calming the farm animals during storms and cold night. My granduncle never really saw them, but a couple of times he found a silver spoon left near the mound. These spoons, i think he got two or three in total, are nothing like any patterns made by humans, and nobody has been able to find any similar ones. I believe they still are in family posession, I should ask Grandma where they could have ended up.
>>
>>17276066
So Tussene (the Tuss), can cooperate with humans, but you better not anger them. Almost all the farms in Norway have got a farm tree, standing somwhere in the centre of the cluster of farm buidings. They are considered slightly sacred, and are not to be cut in any way, unless the tree is dying. One time my granduncle got a bit too drunk, and in the drunken haze decided to cut down the farm tree. He went to the shed and brought out his trusty axe, went to the tree and swung the axe. The axe barely pierced the bark, and snapped between the axehead and the shaft. My granduncle, being a stubborn bastard wasn't gonna be stoppet by no damn tree, mounted an new shaft, and went to town on the tree again. Just like the first time, the axe broke, barely damaging the tree. Getting seriously pissed off, he went to the shed and brought out his chainsaw, fired it up and put it to the tree. The saw cut through a little bark, before the chain broke right off. This seemed to make my granduncle find his cool, and he never took his axe to that tree again.
These creatures are an important part of scandinavian mythology and heritage, but many seems to be ways of scaring people from doing stupid shit. "Dont go swim in small forestlakes, or Nökken will drown you, don't get lost in the mountains alone, or Trolls or Huldra will take you." Asbjornsen and Moe wrote down a lot of these stories, and they are really great. I don't know if they are translated, i bet somebody have done it, and i would really recomend reading them. "Peer Gynt" is also a fantastic play worth cheking out, the musical piece "In the Hall of the Mountain King" is from that play, you should listen to it.
>>
>>17275177
The people of Iceland protested the building of a second highway in their country because it might harm forest elves.

That is believing in elves.
>>
>>17268976
I hope you are just a shitposter pulling a false flag to make Americans look bad because each and e
very one of those points applies to a lot of countries, most of which are European.
>>
>>17264931
Our governments actually believe that people from a continent that's been at constant war for over 1400 years can be integrated in civilised society... We've become even worse than the Americans.
>>
>>17268976
>warmongering
>culture

k
>>
>>17273811
There's a reason brits cut most of their forest down.
>>
>>17276065
lol, do you believe in pokemons too?
>>
>>17276065
Doesn't your country have a big desert?
>>
>>17277754
a bunch actually, euros have a hard time really getting how big the continental US really is.
>>
>>17265166
you dumb fuck, thats not a source.
>>
>>17268976
pfahaha, sure thing cleetus. blatant consumerism and planted propaganda all over the globe.
And you call that culture.
>>
>>17264571
The world's a hell of a lot bigger and more unexplored than you realize. There are lots of densely forested regions in eastern europe, all of russia, scandinavia, canada, hell, the united states.. really everywhere. Ecologists haven't scanned every single inch of the earth just because everything is mapped, in fact researchers that explore extremely rural and unpopulated regions are very far and few due to the simple fact that it's very risky and there isn't a lot of funding for it. No, really, go try to explore the northern wildernesses of canada or russia where nobody ever goes, see if you won't find something unusual. Almost every local in rural places that i've ever been to or heard stories from have some intense stories that they swear their lives upon.
>>
>>17268976

Americas "culture" is the most Satanic thing in the entire fucking world. The only exceptions are the revolutionary heros and science fiction. Whose graves all the liberals want to dig up, incinerate, and erase out of existence.

Our culture is the rampant devil worship of materialism along with gangster rap and the glorification of all criminal activity.

And I've actually had people get mad at me for not liking that. When I tell them maybe we should focus on creativity and innovation they start crying or getting really mad. We will become a mudpit like Africa if we don't focus on this dumbasses!
>>
Will you /pol/acks shut up about countries already and quit shitting up the thread?
>>
>>17264488
Ukraine is not Europe, but they have a lot of chupakabras.
>>
>>17277934
fuck me I laughed my ass off when that shit was going, it was pretty much just the police and hunters fucking around in forests and then they shot a dog with manges and going we got the chupacabra woooo!!!!
>>
File: 1434146363229.png (241KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
1434146363229.png
241KB, 500x325px
>>17264511
then why are they predominantly bleeding heart liberals?
>>
>>17265244
Uck this virus (although i thought i remember it as a fungus?) was infecting all the rabbits in my area. truly disgusting looking specimens.
>>
>>17269803

>coconutters
>dick shuttlebottom

topkek britfags
>>
>>17264511
Explain the european union and the proposed stability of mass muslim immigration?
>>
>>17265207
We don't speak bout the jackalope.
>>
Sup, /x/philes, I'll keep it short and snappy for now.

>be britfag dating greekfag
>she moves to england 2 years ago to avoid economic crisis
>used to be affluent rich family before economy fucked up
>had 2 city houses and 5 country houses
>the country houses are located in villages made up of cliché superstitious locals
>cliché found footage movie.jpg
>the locals refuse to talk about noises and animals witnessed at night that seem odd to gf's family
>one local seems sure that ancient greek mythological creatures are real

my girlfriend wouldnt talk more on the subject without freezing up and seeming genuinely terrified so i can't really say what happened but i'm trying to convince her to post it here so keep a look out

>tl;dr ancient greek cryptids make gf spoop and go quiet
>>
>>17274636
Ever heard of Sobieski yeah that one polish guy who stopped the Ottoman invasion yeah he was polish not croatian last time I checked. Sry man your country sucks
>>
>>17278173
His father was ukrainian. That makes him ukrainian. Croats came to croatia from the historical region of white croatia located in ukraine. He is more of a croat then a polak. Congratulations you shat in your own mouth.
>>
>>17264488
There is one in the UK but I'm not sure if it qualifies as a cryptid and I have not heard reports of it for a long time.

But there were a few sightings of a big cat (black) running around in some of the wild areas. I'm talking a panther here, and we don't have panthers or anything like it in the UK. There were even photographs taken of it. I think it used to hang around on the moors and somewhere around Cornwall.

Nobody ever found one or figured it out.
>>
OP, there's an 175 posts thread full of eastern european spooks. What are you talking about? Europe is FULL of folklore and creepy beasts. Americans are all about the cash. Bigfoot is a business, so are aliens.
>>
>>17278214
I know these are both my threads. One is opened just for balakn stuff and this one is open vause all i usualy read is inawoods america shite. You have to motivate people somehow and both turned out to be pretty awesome threads.
>>
>>17274077
>Pizza is italian
>Fireworks are chinese
Americans. Dumber than dumb.
>>
>>17278069
They black up still! Finally a place /pol/ can call their home.
>>
>>17276065
that map is distorted as fuck you nigwit
>>
>>17278205
See
>>17269803
For more details. Some have been found, alive and dead.
>>
>>17278247
While it is true that they did not come from U.S.A they are still part of the american culture.
If only things created by the culture counted then most would be very bare.
>>
>>17278356
nice logic there. your country doesnte even exist long enough to have a culture.
>>
>>17276065
To be honest the midwest is barely habitated and the only thing on the west side are Los Blackgangeles and San sjwisco
>>
>>17264488
No, America isn't richer with cryptids. It's just that the indian tribes are more recent and more close (since some of the indian tribes are still here today) than the ancient greeks and romans and such. There aren't any cryptid stories made today because there are barely any places in Europe where there isn't a bustling metropolis or a huge influx of tourists. That said, there still are quite a few things if you look hard enough (for example, chernobyl). Also, since catholicism (or protestantism) has been in Europe for such a long time with no other religions or folklore interfering, and there isn't that much folklore in christianity since it's all based on predetermined books of things that happened long ago and are no longer here today, it's fairly simple to see why there are less cryptids.
>>
>>17278687
But americas are a shitton larger than the europe so the logical conclusion is that there still are more cryptids there
>>
>>17278356
Those things exist in every country but nobody else thinks of them as important cultural icons. Poor you.
>>
>>17278196
Yeah because some mental gymnastics change the fact that he was the king of Poland. Creots did nothing for Europe except claim and steal Slavic culture
>>
>>17278687
Dude, we have spirits, humanoid cryptids that live on the other side of the planet(albeit very pious and fasting christian humanoids in most cases), dragons, werewolves, storm wizards and... "wood elves" i could classify them as, that either make you dance till you drop dead or cripple you for life, in my country alone.
And most of the creepy stuff happens either in Eastern Europe or the Balkans, which is the most religious and christian part of Europe.
>>
>>17279065
Turn on the game and let me know how does it feel to suck my fak croatian dick you little shitstain in the last hundred years all you've been doing is getting ass raped left and right frok either germany or russia so shut the fuck up dipshit only ruler you can brag with wasnt even polish.
>>
>>17279065
Enjoy sucking my croatian dick. We just assraped you in your own country. Useless faggots.
>>
File: murica.jpg (580KB, 2400x1348px) Image search: [Google]
murica.jpg
580KB, 2400x1348px
>>17270645
European culture makes Nazis
'murican culture kills 'em
[spoiler]Oorah! : ^)[/spoiler]
>>
>>17277723
Yeah it's to make space for housing for all the plebs and "refugees"
>>
>>17279925
>comes at the end of the war just so the soviets wouldn't dominate europe
>soviets still enter beriln first
Gj america give yourself a pat on the back
Youve done jackshit in both world wars when talking about the european and african front. You get all the creds for the pacific though
>>
>>17279957
europe still mad 1945-2016
>>
>>17279985
Kek, sure m80.
>>
Leaving this here: https://youtu.be/qHProSrscqA

>inb4 this was all scripted and Bob Gimlin is just an illuminati puppet
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.