[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright enough shilling. It's time to start putting up some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

File: 1418083379611.jpg (341KB, 1535x1123px) Image search: [Google]
1418083379611.jpg
341KB, 1535x1123px
Alright enough shilling. It's time to start putting up some legit content.

The world as you know it is a memory, but not the kind you're thinking of. It's not a memory of god or anything grand like that, it's just a memory of this world. It's a memory of itself. It is composed of its own memory. It's not simply categorized as a memory after the fact; it is composed of memory in the purest manner.

All belief systems are memory manipulation. No, not the kind you're thinking of. Beliefs try to warp and skew our memories of the world in controlled ways. This is what produces the MCS that certain factions have come so desperately to believe in. It isn't some grand controlled metaphor that warps it all to hell such that we can never recover our true selves, but it is grand and controlled. It's just less than you want to believe it was.

You're still probably confused. Let me explain it in intuitive terms.

Everything in this world seeks to remember. Past lives, current lives, things to do and people to see or be remembered by. Efforts to record history so we never lose sight of it, efforts to predict a future, or rewrite a story so it's easier to remember, or so that remembering doesn't have to hurt so much. It all depends on memory. Everything tries to create or maintain memories in some capacity. Some of us care so desperately for our memories that we seek to be remembered forever, as immortals, or heroes of legend, or as myths that never die. This world is desperate to remember itself. Such is why it can only be made of memories. From this, two factions emerge.

You either work to better the memories to come or you see the grand legacies unfold haphazardly and say fuck it; only the present memory matters.

This is how we craft fates: Remember.
>>
File: aristotle.jpg (31KB, 350x417px) Image search: [Google]
aristotle.jpg
31KB, 350x417px
>>17262933
Nice post but I'm not buying it.
>>
>>17262938
Good on you. You're half the reason I bothered writing this post tonight.

If you can find a greater, more polarizing issue in human society, then I'm all ears at this point. If it's not being remembered, I don't know what it is or how it could matter to anyone. Seems obvious to me that the world is desperate to remember, so if you'll excuse the leading question...

What is it that you're desperate to remember?
>>
File: ego.png (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ego.png
25KB, 400x400px
>>17262964
>You're half the reason I bothered writing this post tonight

Now you've got me interested.

I'm interested in remembering how to forget! Haha. Back to the void!
>>
>>17262978
Well there you go! Assuming we came from the void we're desperate to remember how to get back to where we came from.

I really feel like, "Everything is trying desperately to remember something" is a philosophy with a lot of resonance behind it. Are you a chaos mage by any chance? Notice you've got a fnord trip there.
>>
>>17262990
>is

I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>17263005
You've posted this in every thread so far, buzz off.
>>
>>17262999
Just what I'd expect. I'll leave this thread in your capable paws.
>>
>>17263008
I aint no buzz aldran but I"d give him the ol' lick4eroo if you know what im sayin ahahahaha
>>
>>17262999
He was like Bill Clinton before the scandal.
>>
>>17263027
>before the scandal
Gotta be one of my all-time favorite concepts right there. Funny how easily public perception shifts in the information age.
>>
Nightly reminder that your lack of knowledge about your godlike ability to manipulate society is evidence that you don't have such an ability.
>>
>>17262933
Speaking of the world being a memory, I'm thinking myself that maybe what I experience right now as the world, it's just my memory, what I remember the moment before my death. Maybe I am already dead so to speak, and this is the last image that I see, remembering my entire life in the timeframe of a mere moment up until I die, and then when the memory catches up and I die, I remember my life once more, but different because memory is not perfect. Then I catch up again, and I remember my life once more. And so on and so on for absolute infinity. It's fucking scary to think about that death might not be real, and I will spend infinity remembering my life.
>>
>>17263427
Just realised that neither past or future exist
Just the present moment
Living in the past is suffering
Living in the future is anxiety
Only living in the present day is were we can find peace.
>>
>>17263453
Neat. You saved me a post. You've got some lucid thoughts there, but yes, it all boils down to timeless reasoning.
>>
>>17263460
How to use the matrix?
What is the matrix itself, a program, a simulation a systematic proactive barrier to awakening ?
, I know the matrix can work against you , can you put it to work for you?
how dinamic is the nature of the memory of the matrix system , if we start something new it will adapt to our new input or it will work against it?
>>
>>17263477
It's a work of fiction bro. It's an internet conspiracy idea to explain why the information age is so damn ignorant. Just read Brave New World and put the notion of a mathematical reality to rest.
>>
sounds like chinese cosplay fiction
>>
>>17262933
Where you use the word memory, I'd use 'story'. Because that's what memories are: stories about past experiences, narrated by you. That last part is crucial. Normally people view their own memories as absolute, sacred, making remembering itself a rather unconscious process. However, when you begin to understand your own role in the creation of these memories, your role of narrator, you'll realize there is nothing absolute about memory. You can get to the core of a memory, its meaning, and change it. Just like that, just by adding a different perspective on the situation described in the memory. That other perspective will reshape the entire memory and change its meaning.

Example: (1 perspective) Memory of you being turned down by the love of your life. After months of being in love you can't take it anymore and impulsively tell the girl you love about your feelings for her. She gets upset and tells you she never thought of you that way. You are heartbroken. Meaning: Love is unfair.

(2 perspectives) Memory of you being turned down by the love of your life. After months of being in love you can't take it anymore and impulsively tell the girl you love about your feelings for her. She gets upset and tells you she never thought of you that way. You are heartbroken. You try to see it from her perspective. You suddenly realize this is almost impossible for you. In all the months leading up to her refusal for love, you never got to know her. You realize you knew much less about her than you wanted to admit all this time. You see your own faults more clearly. New meaning: Don't let love blind you to reality.
>>
>>17262933
>cock 10km
>op
>>
>>17263453
I keep running into reiterations of that quote
>>
>>17263745
>narrated by you
I specifically meant to avoid that philosophical dilemma.

Under the "everything is remembering" philosophy, even the world itself may be desperately trying to remember something. How she came to be, what it means to exist, and what it was like before life arose on her surface. It's not necessarily just us that's having trouble creating timeless memories that will persist across the eons of the cosmos.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-21-23-33-01.jpg (213KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-21-23-33-01.jpg
213KB, 480x854px
>>17262933
>>
>>17262933
The 33 never fails to amaze. Memory IS the key. This board is mindblowing sometimes.
>>
>>17263937
Imagine what would happen if it were mindblowing ALL the time.

...Just don't imagine too hard or you'll hurt yourself like last time.
>>
>>17262933
I really like your mindset OP. Masons believe that if the great architect remembers who "he" really is and that he isn't god but just a duplication of god who of course cant help to think that its god. They say only then can humanity see true absolution.

Whats your take OP?
>>
>>17263947
Have you hurt yourself doing so?
>>
>>17262933
How do I make myself remember I am who I want to be?
>>
>>17263964
Yeah, I was trying to allude to every tradition like that. As I understand it, that concept originates in Gnosticism and ends up replicated in every other religious tradition since. I don't really fancy the idea of a cosmic adversary because it doesn't seem to me like the cosmos is a magnet that needs any kind of poles or dimensions. I also can't really dismiss the idea of past lives entirely, and if there is such a thing, I can't dismiss the ability to recall memories from past lives as being relevant to worldly human affairs. Fear of death isn't all that bad from a social angle, but it does create some pretty nasty tendencies that we really could do without.

Basically I'm trying to encompass every being in an inherent notion of equality: We're all trying to remember SOMETHING. Hopefully people can be more sensitive to plights like the one you describe if they understand it as a desperate attempt to regain lost or abandoned or otherwise hard to recover memories.

There's also a way to see it as even more basis than what you describe: There's one cosmic unity that we've all forgotten, the universe, the gods, and angels and demons alike, and we can only remember it if we all remember it all at once. So as much as there's a potential to see things as separate memories, we can also think in terms of a modular gestalt memory stored in some abstract cosmic space that has special access rules.
>>17263978
Yes, several times over now. The long and the short of it is that you can't force people to take on their innate or natural potential.
>>17263988
You can't force a memory. Every type of memory that I know of works only because we let it work in a passive fashion. ie., you remember as soon as you move on to something else. Something about trying to force a memory to appear doesn't always work, so it's best to stop worrying about it and let it come back on its own time.

I also can't really guarantee that my answer is right or accurate or helpful at all.
>>
>>17263988
Its your mother who imagined you at first. The things she saw, smelled and experianced are your foundation. Then you build yourself out of your memories and your environment formed you to what you think you are when you look in a mirror. Its looking in the past and its not YOU you are seeing. You just ARE
>>
>>17263998
Interesting. You can't jump in the same river twice. The only constant is change but the memory is eternal.

A teacher can never tell the truth he can only point to it
>>
File: 1449639390088.jpg (11KB, 397x400px) Image search: [Google]
1449639390088.jpg
11KB, 397x400px
>>17262933
Mods, take this shit-tier thread off my board.
>>
>>17264027
The only dumb person is the one thinking he knows
>>
File: image.jpg (8KB, 126x120px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8KB, 126x120px
>>17264027
>>
>>17264027
I thought I did a decent job, and it seems properly OC to me. Not sure where your complaint is here.
>>
>>17264051
It's retarded
>>
>>17264051
I want to ask if you think there is absolute truth?
>>
File: 1451688202506.jpg (41KB, 607x605px) Image search: [Google]
1451688202506.jpg
41KB, 607x605px
>>17264027

>CONDUCTOR
>>
>>17264057
No, I guess not.

I kinda wish I could though. Dunno why. In some ways this is one of my last ditch efforts to see if there's some elemental cosmic truth that predates all existence and we just haven't figured out how to remember yet.
>>
File: 1453579643761.jpg (84KB, 575x575px) Image search: [Google]
1453579643761.jpg
84KB, 575x575px
Theres is no god or jesus.
Jesus was probably jew rebel hence headhunt and crucifixon.
Christianity was invented by romans.
Nigger faith is bullshit.
>>
Prove me wrong.
Protip you cant.
>>
File: judgement-seat.jpg (42KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
judgement-seat.jpg
42KB, 400x533px
>>17264096
everyone who is spiritually blind needs sight

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/john-asv.html
>>
>>17264077
I guess there is. But our mind can never comprehend so it doesn't matter maybe. Have you ever tried telling an ant about your existance? What if god is trying to tell us all the time.

Then again if you smoke a box of cigarettes you wouldnt remember where you put out your 7th cigarette. Maybe we were forgotten from the start

God is walking with me but if you don't believe there is no god
>>
>>17264111
Let's assume we can prove you wrong.

Therefore, your claim that we can't prove you wrong is false. Making the claim is thus an act of making a false assertion, making you, by direct extension, wrong. Under these assumptions, from analysis of the evidence stored in your post, you're been proven wrong. Therefore you have been proven wrong in at least one way under one type of assumption and therefore the criteria of your request has been met.
>>17264115
>needs
Doesn't sound like any spirit world I know.
>>17264118
I haven't, but I also don't have a firm grasp of the pheromones involved in their communication or a decent way to empathize with their cognition. If I had an art farm and a laboratory, I'd eventually try to communicate complex concepts to them. I don't believe in objective incomprehensibility, so it seems perfectly kosher to me to at least try.
>>
>>17264146
Its a philosophical question really. I mean god gave us all the tools and a free will. Like you said you can't force anyone. Maybe god just doesn't want to push us in any direction forcefully.

"The language of god is silence. All else is poor translation." Rumi
>>
>>17264177
That's how I feel too, most days.
>>
>>17264177
Why would god limit himself to silence?
>>
>>17264253
Why would you limit yourself to random noises?
>>
>>Alright enough shilling.

top lel
>>
>>17264266
Kek

Question is fair enough though. Only thing i can say is 100% of people i've met who said that god talked to them directly were batshit insane.

One said that god told him to drink water from the toilet only . So he would drink from it . Im not joking here
>>
>>17264279
Eesh. If nothing else we know that the mere idea of god does not naturally lend itself to sanity.
>>
>>17264316
I guess so. Did you ever think of the possibility of beeing stuck in a time loop living things over and over again ? It was a really strange thought out of nowhere when i was a child. The thought sticks with me until this day
>>
>>17264345
I've entertained it on a number of occasions. What I always find is that if there's a way for reality to do that, there's a way for reality to stop doing that. In my capacity to exercise volition, I can always find that breaking point. I figure that's as worthy of the label "free will" as any other decision is.
>>
>>17264377
Is that the fifth time we've gotten double sevens ITT?
>>
>>17264377
Dubs confirmed true. Have a nice evening my friend i wish that you find what you 're looking for.
>>
>>17264382
Kek they never disappoint like i said.
>>
>>17264316
>>17264279
what's crazy is God is real and alive and everywhere. the reason we are so crazy is because how ridiculously blessed we are by God. we are literally crazy over Him lol
>>
>>17262933
you are a part of the martix? can you can look up people and know thier memories?
>>
>>17264578
You are part of the matrix too.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.