[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "ghost adventures" real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

File: images (13).jpg (33KB, 472x312px) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
33KB, 472x312px
Is "ghost adventures" real?
>>
>>17260036
dude man bro.
>>
what is real, how do you define real?

jk. never seen it free joke bump.
>>
I believe most of their reactions are real.

Whether or not a lot of the evidence they capture is real or not is another thing entirely.
>>
>>17260037
Holy shit dude
>>
There's an interview with the bald bearded bro, and he said that when they signed up they were legitimate ghost hunters with experience, but sometimes for the show they would come out of a place without anything, so the producers would tell them to go back and fake it.
>>
>>17260043
Got a link?

Thats pretty much what i suspected if true.
>>
>>17260045
http://www.examiner.com/list/news-report-published-about-ghost-adventures-cast-member-being-fired-is-false

I retract what I said before, I mus have read the original article. Apparently the interview was made up for "satirical" purposes, so he actually never admitted it.
>>
>>17260048
Hm. I imagine that still isn't too far from the truth.

If i didn't have somewhat of an experience of my own i wouldn't believe in ghosts 100%. Still don't think they're just flat out dead people.
>>
I heard that Zak and Aaron do have real reactions and believe what goes on. So either it is real or they're too dumb to realize when someone on their crew is faking stuff.
>>
There have been a few really good hard to disprove things that they've captured on film over the years, but for the most part the show runs on them ~feeling totally spooped bro~ with their retarded "woah man look at my goosebumps" "dude it's so cold right here" and the fucking retarded "spirit box" thing they use, and Zak randomly losing control and punching things like he's being possessed or something which is all dumb
>>
>>17261127
That "spirit box" scans through multiple radio frequencies, so if another individual had a short wave transmitter synchronized to the sweep rate of the "spirit box" they could send any message they wanted.

I believe there is more to this thing we call reality, though I highly doubt everything on this series is credible.

It is entertaining though.
>>
>>17260036
Nothing on TV is "real"
>>
>>17261144
It can be, though most of it is obviously scripted.
>>
Nothing on tv is real, even the news is choreographed to manipulate the minds of the sleeping masses. As for ghosts which is what I presume you are asking. No, it is appointed to man to live but once, then be judged. There are however, demonic spirits which masquerade as the deceased.
>>
>>17261143
Huh. Never thought of that
>>
>>17260036
yeah, it is real, ghost adventures is not a dream nor a illusion is a real tv show
>>
>>17261150
Ever since I had first seen it I knew what was most likely happening, although some of what it picks up may be real.

There is no way to know, they may not even be aware of this possible fact.
>>
>>17261159
I think the few times they used the kinect cam are nearly undebunkable.
>>
>>17261183
They could have overlayed two signaled using a video mixer/video editing program allowing it to seem as if only one kinnect is being used when in reality it is at least two.

Once again I do believe there is more to this world than what we see on its surface, it would be too easy to falsify "evidence" for me to take it as fact.
>>
>>17260039
Pretty much. I enjoy it the show for what it is.
>>
Real fucking stupid.
>>
>>17261227
what?

he's talking about the times when they used a kinect sensor to cast a laser dot matrix in front of a camera to track motion and caught some shit moving around

using two kinects wouldn't change shit, the only way they could fake it would be to do some obvious video editing
>>
it's real in the sense that it's a television show that you can watch
real people make their living off of producing the show etc etc
so yeah it's real
>>
I was big on their shit with their first movie, before they started with Travel Channel and even then I've watched about everything they've done anyway.

But with the passing of time you can just see how Zak has been building himself up into this personality and he really seems like the type of person who's willing to have faked everything.

His new movie Demon house had to stop production because of the "danger" of the haunting and after filming wrapped the house was conveniently demolished because it was to dangerous to let exist.
>>
>>17261143
Dude, I really loved the spirit box, too... You ruined it!

>>17261183
Holy crap though, the kinect sensor gave me major chills! Like when that one was standing on top of his head!

>>17262371
Are you serious about demon house?! I was so looking forward to that! Damnit, Zak! This is why we can't have nice things!

I've always loved ghost adventures, even over other ghost reality shows. Dunno why this one stood out to me.
>>
File: clovis wolfe.jpg (100KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
clovis wolfe.jpg
100KB, 800x600px
Probably it is the most real ghost show on TV. There is a possibility for fakeness but for the most part, it seems genuine. Even if it's faked sometimes, I refuse to believe all the haunted places they visited the evidence was faked all the time. Places like Poveglia and all those terrible asylums must harbor some negative spirits.
>>
>>17263934
The movie is still coming out, I'm just pointing out how fishy his actions have been regarding it.

Demolishing the house because either he'd have to sell it and face credibility decline if the new owners didn't experience anything or keep it and be expected to return there for more evidence.
>>
>>17263997
He probably demolished it so it wouldn't get vandalized when nobody was there. The house is in the ghettos I believe so maybe he wants to sell the vacant lot or something?
>>
always fun when they shout holy holocaust
>>
>>17260036
Pretty sure they've been debunked pretty hard a few times. Hit up YouTube
>>
File: 1442809020697.jpg (52KB, 484x648px) Image search: [Google]
1442809020697.jpg
52KB, 484x648px
That gave me the chills, dudebroman
>>
it's entertaining but completely ridiculous
>this device can sense [a science thing] and it measures/records/interprets the data
>because, y'know, [a science thing] is what ghosts are made of
>>
>>17260041
dude what the fuck man
>>
>>17264088
Aaron gets bullied alot if it's real.
>>
/x/ ghost adventure streams were the fucking best, man.

Haven't seen that for a while.
>>
Some times I wish they would just shut the fuck up.

Yelling 'Dude ghost bro are you here' every 2 seconds doesn't seem very conducive to ghost manifestation.
>>
>>17264013
Zak is a fraud dudebro, I'm sorry it sucks but he's just in it for the money.
>>
>>17261143
>if
>>
still the best ghost hunting show on tv
>>
File: 800px-Legionofmadfellows.jpg (77KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Legionofmadfellows.jpg
77KB, 800x450px
>>17260036
>>
>>17260036
Yes, bro. Yes.
>>
>>17264088
yo dude what the fuck bro
>>
It's all fake, but Ghost Hunters is actually real though.
>>
>>17263997
I live about 20 minutes away from that house and I've only head negative things from people I know who have visited it
>>
>>17266917
Fuck off. Stay in one thread. This isn't your home.
>>
>>17260036

yes
>>
>>17261149
This guy is Breadbased and knows what he is talkin bout.
>>
http://newsjustforyou1.blogspot.com/2013/01/ghost-hunters-exposed-its-fake.html
>>
>>17260048
he hasn't been fired, he's still in the crew
>>
>>17267784
Honestly I think a lot of what was shown on Ghost Hunters was real, and I think part of that show's decline has to do with the introduction of Ghost Adventures and the way the show is filmed to be less about debunking and more about "OH SHIT BRO I'M GETTING GOOSEBUMPS!" and listing every piece of dust as evidence.

I like the show, but you aren't going to convince me that at least a quarter of what's shown isn't scripted for television. They make it hard for actual ghost hunters or other shows because they focus so hard on being in your face and crazy and having all this evidence that they've cornered the market on spoopy shit
>>
I'm not here to contend for the reality of a specific show, but I do want to tell everyone about my experiences with the SB7 and various other pieces of radio-scan hardware billed as 'spirit boxes.'

I'm a long term hobby ghost hunter with just under 20 years experience under my belt, 8 of which have been with my current crew. We use an older SB7 and have amazing results with it and I can confirm that you won't ever need someone on your crew trying to fake it in order to hear some spoopy shit through its little speaker.

We had actually thought similarly when we first got it from Dr Stubrich, that it could be fooled by someone using a similar interface scanner and just transmitting intermittently. No such luck. The device scans unlike any other AM or FM band seeker at such an interval as to make it impossible to match without a transmitter made with almost the exact same innards, and none exists.

My guess with the GhostBros guys is that they have a metric shit ton of footage and are constantly hearing things through the spirit box, but only the really worthwhile ones make it to the tv show.
>>
Would a bunch of bro-dudes go fuck with forces they barely understand for money?

The answer is yes.

Though I think there's some credence to some of what happens on the show, most of it is hoopla caused by shitty camera angles, fuzzy tape, coincidence, and dude-broing.
>>
>>17270144
Man I would love to get my hands on a spirit box and just set it up in a room I get bad vibes in. At the same time I might want to use that room again in the near future so why poke that bear?
>>
>>17261143
I don't care if it's not credible. I just find it incredibly entertaining and that's all that matters to me.
>>
>>17269946
>the way the show is filmed to be less about debunking and more about "OH SHIT BRO I'M GETTING GOOSEBUMPS!" and listing every piece of dust as evidence.

Except GA does attempt to debunk things and isn't quick to call all orbs, well, orbs. They will differentiate between dust and orbs to show you how they differ, etc.

Ghost Hunters has gone downhill for a few reasons:

-They RARELY catch anything; meanwhile, GA gets far more evidence
-They have horrible structuring of the show. Every episode boils down to
>What was that?!
>cut to commercial
>Hello?
>cut to commercial
>final 5 minutes of show reviewing evidence
>*GASP*
>cut to commercial
>come back and it's barely anything

>>17261143
Someone could, potentially, send messages; however, what makes them convincing is that the Spirit Box isn't broadcasting the questions being asked and it gets responses to them, i.e. if someone were sending messages via frequencies it would require that they know what questions are being asked exactly when they're asked. Not that it's impossible, but it takes far more work to set all of that up than waiting for responses -- which they sometimes don't even get.
>>
Was gonna start a thread the other day asking about that house Zak bought that he "had to get out because people were in danger". Anything ever come after that?

And whether the show is real or not it is hella entertaining
>>
>>17270410
Was it the house that did it? I thought he said it was something that followed him home (I think from the Bobby Mackey's house)?
>>
>>17270416
missed it in this thread. its for his new movie i guess.

someone said it was demolished. thats some bullshit
>>
>>17260565
This.

Also, Zak has stated numerous times that ghost hunting is his passion. He even bought a haunted house to investigate on his free time.
>>
>>17270427
Ahh lame. I'm not really up and up on the series, I only see what I can get on netflix because I'm broke af. I'd be interested in seeing the original movie that apparently spawned the tv series deal...I don't even know if that's out there.
>>
>>17261143
Yea, sometimes they do get some great visual shit but that spirit box always pisses me off. Like, alot of the stuff I can believe they catch in the show but everytime they pull that thing out I think 'this could easily be faked, and all the answers are so short and too specific'
>>
I can't remember what episode this is in. I want to say it's in a haunted house attraction but I might be wrong. At some point during one of their escapades they were trying to coerce a demon out and asked for its name. The response over the spirit box/whatever device they had was "legion." After they were done yelling bro about it, Zak's voice over explained it meant they were in the presence of many demons.

The reason I bring this up is because Legion as a demon's name holds a very specific biblical significance where a man was supposedly possessed by so many demons that was the name they gave Jesus.

I know that seems like a weird thing to latch onto in the series, but to me it seemed like they just glossed right over it. Ghost Adventures always had a very Christian lean to it (bleeping out supposedly satanic readings, proclaiming when they found a 'real life witch O: O:'), and Zak loves him some exorcisms. It just bugged me. A quick google search would show a bit of significance behind an entity calling itself Legion...

...but I can't decide if it was sloppy writing, or if it was actually a subversion to make it seem more realistic, showing that they don't have all the answers because it is such a rare phenomenon.

Entertaining show though.
>>
scariest episode was definitely the bobby mackey one.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.