[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spoopy Ohio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13

File: Spooky-Ohio1.jpg (744KB, 1769x2475px) Image search: [Google]
Spooky-Ohio1.jpg
744KB, 1769x2475px
Any spoopy Ohio stories to share?
Preferably looking for cannibal stories, but all are welcome.
>>
>>17257728
Not even ghosts want to live in Ohio OP
>>
File: prt07[1].jpg (108KB, 630x430px) Image search: [Google]
prt07[1].jpg
108KB, 630x430px
>>17257734
Ohio is great, it's quintessentially American. I won't even start listing everything great about it

>>17257728
Cannibalism? You'd have to go pretty far back but many of the major earthworks that are scattered around were built by cannibals.
>>
File: cannibal1.png (67KB, 1288x333px) Image search: [Google]
cannibal1.png
67KB, 1288x333px
>>17257827
This is a cannibal Ohio story I found.
>>
File: cannibal2.png (63KB, 1317x301px) Image search: [Google]
cannibal2.png
63KB, 1317x301px
>>17257886
>>
>>17257827
Ohio sucks. Boring as hell, Ohio people are boring/rude/faggots.

Fuck you.
>>
>>17257728
Jeffrey Dahmer was born and bred in Bath Ohio, and made his first kill there. Cannibal enough for you?

Also, check out Gore Orphanage, OU Athens, Franklin Castle, Helltown (private property now but can say from experience it's creepy af), and the most fucked up place in Ohio, Egypt Valley. You're welcome.
>>
File: cannibal3.png (43KB, 1315x238px) Image search: [Google]
cannibal3.png
43KB, 1315x238px
>>17257893
>>
File: cannibal4.png (26KB, 1322x166px) Image search: [Google]
cannibal4.png
26KB, 1322x166px
>>17257908
>>
File: IMG_20160123_010115.jpg (259KB, 1440x1073px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160123_010115.jpg
259KB, 1440x1073px
Look up you're in Cleveland again
A solid line that never ends
I've got >stories you'll never believe
And i know it i wear it on my sleeve

There must be somethin' about you that I liked but
Right here in the rain you know it just don't seem right
I always go out I never hide but in Cleveland
I should have stayed inside
>>
>>17257901

boring rude faggots are everywhere m8. Yes, Ohio has it's fair share of dimwitted niggerlife fucks simply given it's population density, but the good people are great, some of the most tactful, intelligent outgoing people that used to make up the backbone of what America is all about. Thing is, tons of them have been moving away over the last several decades because they're sick of the very people you're talking about who are breeding like cockroach nigger rabbits.
>>
Beast of London road, in southeastern Ohio
>>
>>17257901
>boring/rude/faggots

>has nothing to contribute to the thread
>Fuck you.
>thinks his opinion is worth sharing

So, you're from Ohio?
>>
>>17259319
Takes one to know one I guess
>>
330fag reporting in.

I disbelieve 90% of ghost stories that I've heard, but I've also seen some shit. A good portion of it can be explained away, but not everything.

No cannibalism, though.
>>
>>17259336
What town are you in? Also a 330fag.
>>
>>17259351
Currently in Cuyahoga Falls.
Spoopiness happened in Medina, Akron, and somewhere between Stow and Kent.
>>
419fag reportan

Lived in Ohio all my life. Nothing much happens around here that I would call scary, though there are a few sites that are allegedly haunted. Coolingwood Arts Center in Toledo is a great old building that's said to harbor ghosts. Gish Theater on the BGSU campus too, supposedly. Been to both and never witnessed anything.

Down south, in Vinton County, there's a ghost town called Moonville. It's marked by a tunnel once used by the railroad, and supposedly a few folk died in there. Many sightings over the past 100 years. I've never been, but have been meaning to check it out.
>>
File: 1_small.jpg (109KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1_small.jpg
109KB, 340x340px
No cannibals (besides wendigo and the occasional fleshgait) that I know of.

But we have these frog wizards over in loveland
>pic related

Other than that, we just got:
goatmen: harmless shapeshifters that delight in both socializing and terrifying humans.

green clawed beasts: basically the creature from the black lagoon.

bigfoot variants: all boring ape men

mothman: sometimes comes down from virginia

troll things: basically the loveland frogs in every aspect of the story except location and appearance.

Bessie: a nasty serpent that resides on lake eerie.

orange eyes: a hairless hominid with orange eyes that lives in some graveyard in cleveland.

mill lake monster: like orange eyes but has green eyes instead.

indescribable octo-man: see name.

phantom panthers: see name.

werewolves: wolf people.

almost everything from kentecky and west virginia

three-toed monsters: a pack of semi-aquatic chupacabra thingies.

river-valley reptiles: 6 foot tall lizards with frog heads.

probably more but I don't feel like googling it.
>>
File: mudhouse-mansion-1.jpg (134KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mudhouse-mansion-1.jpg
134KB, 640x480px
In Lancaster their used to be an old supposedly haunted house, likely built in the mid to late 1800s, people called Mudhouse Mansion because it was on Mudhouse Road. Anyway, the place was said to have been the site of some suicides and ghostly activity as a result of the deaths but that can't be verified. (and frankly most people don't believe that anything scary really happened in the house)

A true story about the place is that the current owner up until when it was finally demolished earlier this year was crazy. And for good reason, perhaps. It's been a popular site for local bored high school kids to drive out to at night and sneak into to try to conjure up the ghosts or whatever. But it had been in such a decrepit state, was probably really dangerous to even go inside, had been vandalized and targeted by arsonists, was home to many homeless throughout the years. So the woman had her reasons to keep people away.

Anyway this woman is very crazy about keeping people off the property. She's hired a private guard to keep people off the property. I've never been on the property but for my part I've driven by it very often, and I've noticed the same vehicle hanging around there property most of the time, occasionally patrolling up and down that section of Mudhouse Road, likely the guard. I've had other friends claim they've been followed by the supposed guard late at night when driving slowly by the house.
There have even been stories of trespassers being scared off the property with warning shots.
Not much of a paranormal place, but it's got its paranormal stories I'd be happy to share, however far-fetched they are.

(pic related is the house)
>>
Joseph C. Dylkes, also referred to as the Leatherwood God, was a messianic figure in the early settlement of the Ohio Country in the United States.

Very little is known about him, when and where was born, or what happened to him after his public apparition.

He came out in August 1828, in a camp meeting near a chapel known as the Leatherwood Church in Salesville, Ohio. On Sunday afternoon, the United Brethren minister John Crum was preaching to a large congregation, when a voice shouted "Salvation" followed by a strange sound, taken by all who heard it to be the snort of a horse.

Everyone was taken by surprise and turned to see the stranger, dressed in a black broadcloth suit, frock coat, and white cravat and wearing a yellow beaver hat. He appeared to be between the ages of 45 and 50 and sported long black hair.

The stranger was hosted by some members of that congregation, attended various religious meetings, and sometimes preached. Displaying knowledge of the Bible, he started to declare himself to be a celestial being, and finally claimed he was the Messiah who had come to establish a kingdom that would never end. His assertion of immortality had as proof that no one could harm him or touch a single hair of his head.

Some families accepted his claims and became his followers, creating a controversy in the Ohio valley. A mob that had decided to discredit him came to a religious service in the home of a Dylkes follower and tore out a considerable lock of his hair to show his humanity.

Dylkes was carried before the local Squire to be charged but was released on the grounds that it "was not a crime to be a god." Dylkes took refuge in a farm belonging to one of his followers and declared that he was going to Philadelphia to establish a "New Jerusalem." During the trip he disappeared and never any trace of him was heard again.

A few of his believers, such as Michael Brill and Robert McCormick, died still believing in Dylkes.
>>
On the afternoon of Thursday, May 30, 1844, lightning reached down in all its intensity, struck and instantly killed the four Harner sisters in Lebanon Ohio.

The other two girls, Elizabeth and Sarah, were upstairs, tending to ironing and putting away clothes, the former being in the west room, and the latter in the east room.

Jacob related to the reporter the events as he remembered them. He explained that as the unapparent ball of lightning struck, he suddenly lost consciousness.

Mary, who was moving from room to room tending her chores, was found lying on the floor in the west room downstairs, on her face, significantly dead.

Ann, in the east room, had fallen from the chair in which she had been sitting, and was found lying with her face to the door, also dead from the dreadful strike.

The child Ann had been holding was violently thrown against the wall, it screaming in pain and fright.

The mother was on her hands and knees on the floor, conscious, and trying to stand, was wholly unable to move.

Sarah, who had been engaged in storing the clothes that her sister, Elizabeth, had previously been ironing, was found in the same condition in the east room, notably dead.

Elizabeth, in the adjoining room, met the same fate as her three other sisters.
"an immense ball of fire seemed to fall from a dark overhanging cloud, and disappear down the great chimney."

A loaded shotgun stood along the wall upstairs in the east room. The lightning strike had discharged the gun, leaving a black trail up the whitened wall.

Neither tree nor any other tall buildings were on the premises so as to attract the lightning; also there was no trace of any iron or conductor from which the lightning followed. The storm was hardly noticeable in Lebanon, and did no damage elsewhere.
It seems that fate had intervened and transformed a normal spring shower into a ball of fire that descended upon the Harner home and killed four sisters, all in different rooms, in an instant of time.
>>
>>17260147
Here are the supposed origins of the hauntings:

One story says that during the Civil War era a rich officer owned slaves and kept them in a shed on the property. He treated them terribly and eventually one slave escaped his shackles one night, entered the house and slaughtered the officer and his family.

Another story holds that in the 1930s a new family moved in. Across the street there was a neighbor who noticed the mother of the house standing in the window during the day. The neighbor became a little perturbed when she noticed the woman never moved. The police were called and the entire family was discovered hanging in the top floor all dressed in white.

Finally, the house was purported to be the original home of the Bloody Mary ghost while she was alive.

None of these stories have any evidence to back them up. Unless the evidence is sealed away in a town archive and just isn't released.

A final bonus story is from a friend. He said one night he and some girl went into the house and were just exploring. He said he was drunk but the girl was sober. The basement of the house supposedly has chains hanging from the ceiling. They two were down there and my friend was antagonizing the ghosts, and he claimed to hear stomping from upstairs, then down the stairs to the basement and then a rushing wind rattled the chains as he felt like an angry ghost was rushing at him. I personally think he's full of shit but it's a creepy sounding story nonetheless. His "proof" that he wasn't lying was that the girl was sober and attested that everything was true.

That's basically all I have for spooky Ohio sites I've personally seen.
>>
Former 440fag vermilion wakeman. Much spoopy. Mostly methheads. Much spoopyness in CrAkron, indeed anon
>>
>>17259382
Goodyear heights here
>>
File: 1453524052119.png (244KB, 1289x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1453524052119.png
244KB, 1289x1014px
>>17257886
>>17257893
>>17257908
>>17257913
Really? 4 separate pictures?
Here, I did your job for you, you lazy fuck.
>>
>>17259445

419 as well.

I went to the Collingwood Arts Center the day after my birthday this past summer. The only spoopy thing that legit put me on high alert was the goddamn nun statue. I got a bad feeling around it and as we were going down the hallway towards it, I saw a shadow move past the door. Then at the very end of the night, we ended up on the floor right above the nun statue and as soon as I saw it on the stair landing I had that bad feeling again. We went past it and went down into what must have been part of the basement. Keep in mind this was August and it was hotter than hell in that building but as soon as I got about halfway down the stairs into that part of the basement it got incredibly cold. The two guys I was with couldn't find a light switch and I refused to go any further. If it had been in a different area, I would have proceeded but with that nun statue right behind us I felt too uncomfortable to go roaming around in the pitch black. For some reason she unsettled the fuck out of me.
>>
>>17261696
Thanks
>>
440 here. Have yet to encounter anything spooky despite going out of my way for something to happen
>>
The Ohio State Reformatory, in Mansfield, is supposedly haunted.
>>
>>17260448

>. Across the street there was a neighbor who noticed the mother of the house standing in the window during the day. The neighbor became a little perturbed when she noticed the woman never moved. The police were called and the entire family was discovered hanging in the top floor all dressed in white.

Spooky
>>
>>17260448
>Slaves in Ohio

Oy vey

I know you got that story from reddit
>>
>>17263438
Oy vey

It's not a Reddit story, it's an admittedly silly explanation for why people think the house is haunted. Everyone knows Ohio wasn't a slave state. I'm just sharing stories about the place, anon.
>>
>>17260140

Several years ago while camping I was awoken by the sound of my dog barking and the awful smell of rotten meat and swamp.

I was going to leave my tent when I saw a bipedal shadow on my tent wall rooting through my stuff. So I readied my gun thinking it was a robber and went out.

Before I knew what happened the thing darted into the woods and looked back at me, that's when I saw two terrifying red eyes glowing in the distance.

I let my dog sleep with me that night.

In the morning my cooler was covered in scratches and the areas around the campsite with softer dirt had distinctive 3-toed footprints.

I went home that very day.
>>
614 here. with how many fucking crack heads stroll around my building, spoopy shit happens daily.
>>
File: 1411005925792.png (206KB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
1411005925792.png
206KB, 500x459px
Cincinnati --- we still have ironic Vaporwave events that only white ppl show up to

spoop'd
>>
>>17257905
Egypt Valley is creepy as fuck at night when you're drunk.
>>
North olmsted, 440 here
>>
In blue ash we got these tunnels that cults performed rituals in. i forget the names. parts of the tunnels are half full of water but there is a final ceremony room. If youre in southwest ohio check it out. We also got lick road which is haunted
>>
Any cool urban exploring places in Ohio?
>>
>>17259382
Cuyahoga Falls here, too, hmu. What happened in Stow-Kent?
>>
>>17266151
No. Quit asking.
>>
Every single tunnel bridge here is haunted, (we had some un-haunted ones but we tore them down long ago).

Same goes for dirt and gravel road tunnels.

We have a headless ghost that got hit by train not far from where I live.

I think it's called the 'moonsville tunnel' but I don't care enough to google it.
>>
>>17257901
I'm from Ohio, been living here 19 years. Can confirm nothing spoopy or interesting ever happens here.
>>
>>17267040
I'm a 937 fag. But I've probably went to every 'haunted' or 'paranormal' site in the state. Fucking lame all of it.
>>
I'm from Youngstown, been living her 20 years. Can confirm nothing spiritual or interesting ever happens here. Stay away, or you'll be sorry you ever heard the name
>>
740 fag here. My town supposedly has some super spoop haunted houses but aren't openly discussed. The house down the road from me I guess is super haunted. From what I gather is the house used to be a mafia clean house back in the day.
>>
>>17266151
Mike Tyson's abandoned mansion
>>
>>17266151
Chippewa Lake
>>
>>17264185
But where were you camping. Specifically.
>>
>>17265614
>not going to the poetry readings where all the black hipsters are at

disappointed
>>
>>17266151
Cincinnati Subway system if you can find your way in is good, and there's some abandoned apartment blocks in Glencoe Place (also in cincinnati) that are fantastic, completely unattended, and which I've hit myself exactly once.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.