[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just realized I was an Empath. I really didn't know this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 16

File: Empath.jpg (66KB, 491x356px) Image search: [Google]
Empath.jpg
66KB, 491x356px
I just realized I was an Empath. I really didn't know this was a thing, but I stumbled upon it, and I fit 95% of the criteria. Albeit, I'm not an overly sensitive one.

Is there anything useful I can do wit this?

Or am I just doomed to suck up other people's emotions my whole life?
>>
>>17256416
Don't ask /x/, this place is full of role playing faggots, trust in your own research
>>
>>17256416
>am I just doomed to suck

OP sets himself up.
>>
>>17256416
which criteria do you fill exactly?
>>
>>17256423
Trollplayer detected
>>
>>17256416
>>17256436
Or I guess it would be easier to list the criteria you don't fill lol
>>
You can be a healer, or a good judge, but mostly you'll want to destroy yourself or be a monk.
>>
>>17256436
>>17256454
Like I said, I'm not that sensitive.

>if I stay with people for an extended period of time, I pick up their mannerisms and use them myself subconsciously

> I feel any harsh emotions in a room (tension, sadness anger)

>I know something is wrong with very little information

>I will have random mood swings, even If I was perfectly happy, If I'm with a group of people

>I can't be in crowds for an extended period of time, It drains me mentally
>>
>>17256492
Also, I've always been overly emotional, my hole life. I can deeply connect with people who I'm interested in, and they can tell. People like to tell me their problems.
>>
>>17256498
>my hole life

It was made FOR YOU!!!
>>
>>17256454
Judgment should be based on logic, not emotion. If you don't believe me use emotion to decide when you go to your job instead of logic and post results.
>>
No you can have cpatrol over it at at some point. I haven't been able to come to that point but I've gotten better at it I suppose.
>>
>>17256492
>if I stay with people for an extended period of time, I pick up their mannerisms and use them myself subconsciously

This is actually quite normal. You do this to try and get an individual to like you, since we are attracted to people that are similar to us. Google "mirror neurons"

> I feel any harsh emotions in a room (tension, sadness anger)

Again, this is very normal, unless your completely autistic/psychopathic you should have no trouble picking up on the overall "vibe" of a room, even if nobody says anything (which could be a hint in and of itself).

>I know something is wrong with very little information

see previous explanation. 80% of communication is nonverbal, you don't need words to figure out what a person is feeling

>I will have random mood swings, even If I was perfectly happy, If I'm with a group of people

This is not normal. Although there are many, many explanations (both paranormal and conventional) as to why you do this.

> I can't be in crowds for an extended period of time, It drains me mentally

It's called being introverted. You probably have some kind of anxiety disorder like agoraphobia and is probably somewhat related to your previous "symptom"

Sorry but you are not a special snowflake. You're human like the rest of us.
>>
>>17256539
*control
Apologies om mobile.
>>
>>17256416
If you cant figure out how to use this to your advantage, you're fucking autistic as fuck
>>
>>17256524
shaddap, I'm drunk and tired.

>>17256542
While I agree with you that these are normal traits, I've always been a very, very empathetic person. If you have some sort of proof you can think of, I would try and deliver. But I suppose you'll have to take my word.
>>
>>17256550
what, other than manipulating people? I guess I could do that, but I'm too much of a moral fag to do that.
>>
>>17256492
Regular human being detected
>>
>>17256539
what experiences have you had?
>>
>>17256560
I never said I wasn't human. All I'm trying to convey is that I can sense human emotion better than many, many people.
>>
>>17256416
Hey cool! They've discovered evidence of empathy in voles as well!

http://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/01/consoling-voles-reignite-debate-about-animal-empathy/425034/

Congratulations! You're right up there with rodents!
>>
>>17256575
>better than many, many people

What tests have you recorded showing this to be potentially true? Have you actually sat down and tried to determine the emotional state of a person and compared it to a large number of test cases to establish a "normal?" Or are you just using personal experience (i.e. confirmation bias) and anecdote?

How much better? What does better mean? How many people?
>>
>>17256684
Woah slow down there anon, you know that /x/philes can't wrap their heads around the scientific method.
>>
>>17256575
Congrats, you're not autistic or psychopathic, and have a lot of empathy. Doesn't mean you have special powers. You should ask tumblr about it though, I'm sure they'd love a guy like you!
>>
>>17256684
better than many of the people I have encountered.

how long?

my whole life

>>17256698
dude I'm just curious. I don't need to take the time to conduct an experiment. I'm not a scientist anyway.
>>
>>17256805
>better than many of the people I have encountered.

How do you know? Because right now this just sounds like some kid on the school playground saying they're the best basketball player in the world.

If you want anyone to take this as more than just boasting, you'll HAVE to provide something other than you saying so.

>how long?
I didn't ask that. I asked you to clarify what "better" means.

>dude I'm just curious. I don't need to take the time to conduct an experiment. I'm not a scientist anyway.

Then the answer is you're not a fucking empath, you're someone who wants to be better than their peers, and have latched onto the weakest, least manifested "skill" you could find.

And the only difference between you and a scientist is a scientist records her methods and data.
>>
>>17256454
Is this d&d?
>>
File: star trek essence.jpg (53KB, 256x600px) Image search: [Google]
star trek essence.jpg
53KB, 256x600px
>>17256855
It's Star Trek.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>17256841
>her

Okay, pic related is you, even though you are probably a projecting female.

What is the point of your argument? At this point it is literally an argument based on nothing, You have no way to prove me wrong. I could be the President of the United States, and you would never know. It really does not matter.

You just have some boner for trying to prove people wrong on the internet.

Also, keep in mind there are different levels of everything. So what's to say I am not a "level 4" empath, or some arbitrary shit, while the highest is 10. Once again, it really doesn't matter.

I was just looking for insight on people similar to me.
>>
>>17256858
kek
>>
>>17256492
I'm an "empath" and sensitive but i don't really feel any need to fall into your criteria
>>
>>17256927
The her was simply not wanting to use a plural pronoun after a singular noun. I went with her because I thought about it. When I think about it, I use "her," since my natural inclination is to use "him."

>What is the point of your argument?

That you have zero evidence for your claims other than the fact that you made a claim.

>You have no way to prove me wrong.

There is nothing presented to prove wrong. So really, I have the easiest time proving you wrong.

"You're claim of being an empath is false."

Done.

Now if you wish to present some data that points to you being an empath, we have a different story. But you haven't. So we don't.

>I was just looking for insight on people similar to me.

I gave it to you.

>you're someone who wants to be better than their peers, and have latched onto the weakest, least manifested "skill" you could find

I recommend you take up a hobby you can take pictures of, and use that to secretly think you are better than those around you. Or be vegan, there's LOTS of sanctimony among vegans.
>>
>>17256858
Fuck off faggot TNG is clearly way over your head.
>>
>>17256987
>Sometimes people say mean things just because they're frustrated with their lives.
>>
I believe she can be an empath why ur all so annoying.

When she says she is better ath her ability than normal, is like when u meet someone and u know ur smarter than that person, u dont need a test to aknowledge that, only objective comparison, its the shame.

Being closer to other empaths will help u get better, also water when ur geeling low.(in all form, shower,pool,going to the beach or around).
>>
>>17256927
Dude you're not fucking special, so get the fuck over it and grow the fuck up. If I wanted to put up with your "look at me I'm something that millions of other people are I'm so unique and important" bullshit I'd go to fucking tumblr.

OP is a gigantic fucking faggot and needs a dose of fucking reality.
>>
>>17257011
> some people are afraid of things they don't understand and lash out at them
>>
>>17257018
That's the thing. I believe people can be empaths. But I'm not just going to fawn over someone who says they are. I'm going to want something besides a claim before I accept it.

Just like intelligence. I would determine if someone is smarter than me after evidence of their larger pool of data, or better use of said data (though I would call that wit rather than intelligence, but no matter). I wouldn't just accept someone as smarter than me because they claimed it.

I would accept some sort of objective comparison as a test, but we haven't been given that. We've been given "oh yeah, I'm totally better at this empath stuff than...other people."

>>17257030
Indeed. Some will even lash out at comic strips.
>>
File: Mars Attacks.jpg (32KB, 385x271px) Image search: [Google]
Mars Attacks.jpg
32KB, 385x271px
>>17256967
>There is nothing presented to prove wrong. So really, I have the easiest time proving you wrong.

"the burden of proof falls on the person proving meme"

I really don't know what you want, or what you are trying to prove. Other than you enjoy arguing with strangers on the internet, as do I.

>Now if you wish to present some data that points to you being an empath, we have a different story. But you haven't. So we don't.

What fucking data are you looking for? A line graph showing my emotions from age 10, until now? You realize what you are requesting is ridiculous right? You realize, as I said, this is an argument of "he said she said" right now.

The only thing you are doing right now is fulfilling some level of boredom right now, because you feel the need to flaunt your intelligence to strangers on an Eskimo igloo construction forum.
>>
>>17257018
> being in the water is relaxing and feels good because you're an empath

No it's because you're a fucking HUMAN. MOST people find that stuff relaxing. YOU CAN BE MORE EMPATHETIC THAN OTHERS. This doesn't mean you have special fucking powers.

This is what happens when you're a fucking mistake and your unloving parents let the fucking TV raise you.
>>
>>17257023
did I ever claim I felt the need to be unique, and or special? Jesus christ, some major fucking projecting going on here.

I truly do not give a fuck if you believe me or not.
>>
>>17257039
>Indeed. Some will even lash out at comic strips

Touche. Agree to disagree? We got bigger assholes in this thread to fry than each other.
>>
File: obvious.jpg (79KB, 640x433px) Image search: [Google]
obvious.jpg
79KB, 640x433px
>>17257018
Nice job bro. I'm OP btw
>>
>>17257039
Yeah i know what ur going with what ur stating, but this is like when a crazy person says that theyre Jesus, u cant just go an antagonize them, u may test them, or even advice them, but antagonizing is pointless.
with this unkown person claiming to be empath, u can offer them advice, lending them a hand and if theyre not empaths after all, that help will not work on them.
Also some empaths then to be rather crazy than in the rational side.

Im tellign this, because empathy needs comprehension instead of confrontation or antagonization.Even when ur skeptic urself.
>>
>>17257061
English must be your second language...anyway, thanks for the vote of confidence.
>>
>>17256416
>fit criteria
>stumbled across it
Wtf? You think some online quiz is going to tell you what you are? Did it tell you you're full of bs too?
>>
>>17257044
>I really don't know what you want
I want the details of why you think you are an empath. I want to know how this power you claim manifests. I want you to elaborate how you sense human emotion "better." What does "better" mean? With more detail to the emotion? If yes, detail as in what caused the emotion, or detail as in what precise mix of emotions is being felt? Does "better" mean faster than others?

And most importantly - what steps or methods did you use to determine this was happening? If all you have is, "I just started noticing," then I practically guarantee if you start actually recording data the anomaly will disappear.

And if the anomaly remains, well THEN you have something worthy to talk about.

>What fucking data are you looking for?
How about you guess the emotion of a relatively large number of people - say 50. And have two other friends of yours guess their emotion as well. Then check to see if you are more accurate in your determining emotion than they are.

Or - if you can feel emotion without visuals - you could put a person in a nearby room and try to determine their emotion accurately.

There are plenty of ways to check what you claim, as long as you have something well-defined to start.
>>
>>17257053
>Agree to disagree?
No, I fukkin love Star Trek. I just also think that comic is damn funny.
>>
>>17257049
> I'm a low level empath

You only say this because you can't just straight up make a thread saying "guys I have a lot of empathy aren't I awesome?" because then you'd sound like an asshole. This also has nothing to do with the paranormal. So instead, you attempt to identify with a group of people who claim to have a "superpower" that every normal human has. Try being more self aware m8, your subconscious will betray you less.
>>
>>17257084
I just said I can pick up on emotion really well, and other people's emotions have a noticeable affect on me.

but yea, I'm going to bed. thanks for avoiding half of my questions, and requesting the same data I'm supposed to pull out of my ass some how.
>>
>>17257103
I didn't even say I had a super power. I am just saying, there is an abnormal characteristic defined by people, that I happen to fall into, and I just found out about this definition.

I have 0 super powers.
>>
>>17256416
Protective meditations and visualization helped me.
>>
>>17257115
>I can pick up on emotion really well

Ok, so - with greater detail? Speed? Accuracy?

>other people's emotions have a noticeable affect on me
This is not extraordinary. It happens to everyone.

>I'm supposed to pull out of my ass some how
Not asking for data anymore because you clearly have none. Get some rest and go get some data.

>>17257119
I hate to say it, but you really SHOULD go to reddit for this. If you're just looking to learn something about how you work as a person, and want support and perhaps further knowledge - this needs a community that isn't as dedicated to harassing each other and simplifying everything down to absurd memes.
>>
I farted
>>
>>17256416
you arent an 'empath'. there are no 'empaths'. everyone has empathy, most people dont focus on it or pay much attention to it.

what youre doing is focusing on your empathy more, and the reason you are doing it is not empathetic, its selfish. if you really were empathetic all that much it would be obvious what you can do with it
>>
>>17256492
it's called being a human being, jesus christ
>>
>>17256531
i ended up getting worried about not getting paid or getting fired so I acted in my best interest and quelled my anxiety by going to work

woah following those emotional cues was... logical
>>
>>17256542
they are not agoraphobic
>>
this is why the other boards laugh at us
>>
this is truly the dumbest thread i've ever read on 4chan
>>
File: 45745747.jpg (129KB, 443x750px) Image search: [Google]
45745747.jpg
129KB, 443x750px
>>
y'all are getting made fun of on tumblr btw
>>
op you are a normie

this is a good thing

just leave 4chan while you still can
>>
>>17256492
doesn't this just mean you're a smart introvert
>>
>>17256416
is it because you notice violence and division, statistically decreases the survival rate of the species as a whole, given there is no end parameter to what disasters may occur. basically weve got eternity, aslong as we breed, but if we keep fighting and reduce numbers. if we go to space and try other planets, if they have creatures deadlier or stronger than what we have previously encountered that's the end. basically there are countless scenarios on which we could be wiped out, but we just add to it. Because we are an intelligent life form?
>>
>>17256542
Everyone does that take an NLP class faggot
>>
>>17260240
so in a way if the ruling class is doing that, jokes on them, they're fucked. the universe is huge, we have natural disasters on our planets, think of one larger than earth, disasters to scale. unlucky wankers.
>>
>>17260256
not to mention, external threats, of natural or biological origins. meteor storms, solar flares, new species of animals. pff and youre only starting with half a billion, I'm a ruling class I'm morbidly retarded.
>>
>>17256416
can one be a not overly sensitive empath?
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 750x1334px
Lmao you're on tumblr
>>
and that's showing a lack there of, because taking the piss isn't a branch of empathy. nor is fighting for women's rights, because your not thinking of the men ;) lack of empathy (albeit for one sex.) you do make me chuckle tumblr
>>
>>17260267
fck tmblr
>>
>>17260267
tmblr cn sck m dck
>>
File: Laughing Guy Fiere.jpg (62KB, 647x604px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Guy Fiere.jpg
62KB, 647x604px
>>17260267
>>
>>17260267
the /x/ schizos are mad again lol, you better put on a tin foil hat and some astral force field before they put a demonic hex on you using their crystal quartz butt plugs :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (261KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261KB, 1280x800px
>>17256492

It's called being addicted to the internet brah

Go outside and build a snowman
>>
>>17260334
no! slams window on smiley sun.
>>
>>17256531
being a true individual is about marrying logic with your emotions.
>>
>>17260267
>tumblr doesnt know the difference between having empathy and being an empath.
>>
empathic advice:
see how you get effected by fiction.
see who pumps you up.
hxh is great
>>
>>17260380
Tumblr doesn't know a lot of things, anon
>>
>>17260383
i dont even know why people doubt mystical abilities.
the world confuses me.
>>
>>17256492
Congrats you're not a sociopath
>>
>>17260380
>implying theres a difference
not even tumblr will tolerate this special snowflake bullshit
how sad is that
>>
>>17260396
haha.
empathic ability is proper use of the subconscious connection, where the feelings of others flow into you.
"having empathy" is the ability to recognize behavior in other individuals mentally due to perceiving their appearance and relating it to previous experience.
one you do, one is done to you.
try again fuckwad, learn what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1441485217243.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1441485217243.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
>>17260267
>even tumblr is laughing at /x/

A true testimony to what a shithole this place has become.
>>
>>17260405
All empathy is subconscious, you dipshit
Having to observe someone's behavior and deduce their emotions is how sociopaths have to do it.
>>
File: Facepalm.jpg (2MB, 2400x2880px) Image search: [Google]
Facepalm.jpg
2MB, 2400x2880px
>>17260405
>>
File: domain of words.png (6KB, 444x123px) Image search: [Google]
domain of words.png
6KB, 444x123px
>>17260408
>>
I'm like a reverse empath, people pick up my mannerisms and points of view, some even going so far as to try and emulate me completely to the point where it's very obvious and annoying. I can make others feel my emotions and make them think my thoughts, I even seem to pick up on the emotions of others but I don't really feel them, I think of it as running their emotions in a sandbox. It's a pretty sweet deal, most people do what I want with little to no effort on my end or resistance on theirs.
>>
OP, you put the pathetic in empathetic.
>>
File: 1360561431779.png (511KB, 642x479px) Image search: [Google]
1360561431779.png
511KB, 642x479px
>>17260455
>>
File: #Roasted.jpg (22KB, 290x212px) Image search: [Google]
#Roasted.jpg
22KB, 290x212px
>>17260463
>>
File: lololololol.png (55KB, 574x588px) Image search: [Google]
lololololol.png
55KB, 574x588px
Jesus fucking Christ, /x/.
>>
File: 51NhtW9exnL._SX355_.jpg (119KB, 500x588px) Image search: [Google]
51NhtW9exnL._SX355_.jpg
119KB, 500x588px
this is indigo children all over again
>>
>have empathy
>muh superpowers

Empathy is only a superpower if youre an autist, mate
>>
>>17256416
You should be happy about this. Empaths have an easier time performing ritual magic.
>>
>>17260493
>tumblr
Fuckin kys please
>>
>>17260588
>not having empathy

where's your superpower m8
>>
>>17260724
If i could reach over the monitor and strangle you, i would
>>
hi tumblrfags

you have just as many deluded teenagers that call themselves empaths
>>
>>17260493

look, i'm a tumblr Bernie voter but I come to 4chan to get my daily fix of the CUHRAYZEES like some kind of internet safari! i'm not judgemental and weird, i'm progressive!
>>
>>17260418
emotions and thoughts are the same thing, on different vibrations.
>>17260552
or if you're a Buddha.
>>
>>17260250
yep. people who dont do that are actually rarer and more interesting.

i hate social chameleons. they make shitty friends and partners
>>
>>17260267
we might mistake empathy for a supernatural ability, but at least we don't post 4chan from our low battery cellphones like fucking homeless people
>>
>>17260418
lol what horseshit. stuff leaks from the subconscious into the conscious all the fucking time, that's the entire point it exists is to bring stuff to our attention
>>
>>17261299
you sound like a sociopath trying to act 'deep', m8
>>
>>17256542
>special snowflake
Ayyy fight club
>>
I "feel" when someone is newly pregnant. They feel muffled.
I "feel" when some one is not telling me the truth. It feels pressing on the stomach.
People on drugs are muted, disorienting. Sometimes I get very dizzy around people
People dwell on everything all the time and its exhausting
People affect people all the time and sometimes its beautiful, but people are not nice to each other most of the time and it's painful

You influence more in the world than you think, everyone should remember that, things improve just a bit for everyone around you when you try for positivity in life

Also arousal can spread like wildfire on the body and it's funny to me, people do not realize they project stiffness in more ways than one when they are aroused
>>
I took this test after being decently interested, and I scored a 71%

Not sure what this means... I'm going to do some research.

TL;DR WTF Is an Empath?
>>
>>17260068
Didn't really think much of this thread till I saw that post lol
>>
>>17256416
>am I just doomed
No.
>>
>>17261974
reading this thread, it's a speshul snowflake label for people who feel empathy.
>>
>>17262425
It's a label invented by idiotic psychopaths who didn't know that empathy was a normal trait to have.
>>
>>17256542
underrated post.
I thought I was an empath when I was a teenager.
Then I realized I was just relatively intelligent and introverted, which eventually led me to the chans.
OP is a faggot. Being sensitive to others' emotions is a natural human trait.
Unless you're a nigger, maybe.
>>
>>17256967
What a loser, lmao my man.
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.