[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i want to become an empath

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

File: empath.jpg (13KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
empath.jpg
13KB, 273x185px
i want to become an empath
>>
You can still experience my cock in your bumhole, anon
>>
>>17252684
I would ask God, he would help you.
>>
>>17252684
No, you don't..
>>
>>17252684

from what I can tell you're just born an empath.
sure, you can hone your skill and help your intuition become sharper, but if extreme empathy doesn't come naturally to you it'll be quite a feat learn how to tune in properly

plus, considering that most people are quite disgusting and self centred, most of the time it's an extremely hard gift that takes some people a lifetime cope with.

get your natal chart done, as well as conpleteling a MBTI. analyse yourself and learn your strengths/weaknesses

happy to answer any queries
>>
Why the hell would you want to do that? You would always be miserable when anyone around you is miserable. You can't just become one anyway, the most you can do is change your mindset and the way you think to become more sensitive. Instead you should do the opposite and desensitize yourself. It makes life much easier when you legitimately don't give a shit.
>>
>>17253083

>conpleteling
completing, sorry on my phone
>>
Practice thinking not in words or images, but in feelings themselves

I don't know if this will help you be an "empath" but it should help you understand empathy better

We currently communicate using abstractions. The words I use are not real. Well, they are, but the meaning attached to them is not. Empathy/telepathy rely on cutting abstraction out of the equation or at least minimizing it.
>>
>>17252684
I am one.

It is awful, no you don't.
>>
>>17252684
Be prepared in your line of work. People dwell on so many things. All the time. Many people have done horrible things and the things people carry and what you will feel will drive you up the wall and confuse you.
So many have anxieties and sadness about them, and it's tiring. People are exhausting. There is always a sense of heaviness and pain is excruciating.

I don't know if I'm insane or not. I want to think it's just autism. It's probably autism. But if it's not, it's tiring and when it sucks it sucks. I don't talk about it cause it is the weirdest thing when I try to say it out loud, but I just try to boost spirits everywhere I go, it's good for me and people around me.
>>
>>17253284
OP here. you say...

>>"Be prepared in your line of work."

What exactly is my "line of work"? ty for responses
>>
You don't 'become' an empath. You either are, or you aren't. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>17253284
that is a really magical thing, trying to boost spirits everywhere you go.

not /x/ magical, lol, but magical as in awesome
>>
File: agu.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
agu.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
>>17252684
Being an empath fucking sucks in this world because there is so much misery and bad feelings. I'm crying every day because I feel it so strongly. It's retarded and depressing.
>>
>>17252684 (OP)

I'm an empath.
I used to be like you.
I don't want to Be an empath anymore.
You can't turn it off.
There's just some things you don't want to know about people.
Just stop.
Ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>17253338
wow so i wonder if job employers profile empaths for certain types of jobs
>>
>>17253318
is that pic what empaths look like? they are just drained of energy i imagine
>>
For fucks sake the man posted the definition of empathy. Here's an interesting note:
If you lack empathy you are considered a psychopath. Like Michael meyers.

Everyone who isn't a fucking psychopath has empathy. Its literally how people fucking relate to anyone else. 1 psychology class. Just 1.
>>
what do you guys think about this. it may possibly be relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-iYngr6N60&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: rusrs.jpg (41KB, 550x525px) Image search: [Google]
rusrs.jpg
41KB, 550x525px
>>17252729
>>
>>17252684
unfortunately there still isn't a cure for autism.
>>
>>17252684
Can't become something you're not.
>>
>>17252719

i'd rather do the opposite kthxbye
>>
>>17253391

of course you're 100% right, everyone is empathetic.
but I think we all know that OP is referring to extreme empathy, like that found in aspies or bipolar folks (just for eg)

..the more 'reading between the lines' of communication to understand people deeper, rather than having the ability to 'put yourself in someone's shoes' to imagine how they would be feeling.
>>
File: sl1.jpg (48KB, 720x494px) Image search: [Google]
sl1.jpg
48KB, 720x494px
>>17252684
You absolutely do not want this,believe me. Putting others before yourself is a good quality in moderation and context. Completely sacrificing your own happiness and life for other people on a day to day basis is awful.
>>
>>17253711
>extreme empathy, like that found in aspies
I think you are confused.
>>
File: grad.jpg (84KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
grad.jpg
84KB, 600x480px
>>17253391
Thats not what an empath is. An empath is someone who is almost content with being miserable themselves because all they think about is other peoples emotions and feelings and needs. Its usually coupled with a mental disorder of some kind.
>>
File: simply.png (547KB, 327x295px) Image search: [Google]
simply.png
547KB, 327x295px
>>17252684
One doesn't become an empath, you have to be born into it.
>>
>>17253732
That's the same shit I'm saying.

There is no such thing as an "empath". Hell if you can read people's faces even moderately well you can general know how they feel. Whether they admit to it or not.
>>
>>17253736
Sounds more like clinical depression if you ask me.
>>
>>17253732
He's right, it's theorized that autistics are actually hyper empathic which is why they shut things and people out and focus on things that they cannot pick up signals from.

Watch an autistic person when parents are arguing. They'll be freaking out way before the argument even happens since they'll pick up on tension.
>>
>>17252684
>i want to become an empath
No, you don't.

I reverse-engineered empathy from my ex, and I was sick for days, unable to get out of bed because I was so overwhelmed.

You don't want it, trust me.
>>
>>17252684ot, i used to be sort of an unruly kid when i was young and i tried to become a changed person but the thoughts of what i did in the past is just a huge cringe that keeps popping up in my mind.... i just fucking hate myself
>>
File: 1449436738244.png (821KB, 1022x874px) Image search: [Google]
1449436738244.png
821KB, 1022x874px
man.. empathy isnt just knowing how someone feels.. even a psychopath can "learn" that.. its like FEELING or relating to what THEY feel.

Example: You see someone crying? You feel their pain suddenly an start to tear up as well, if you want to or not. Even if you dont fucking know that person.

That's real empathy to me and it sucks
>>
File: cute0.jpg (106KB, 550x740px) Image search: [Google]
cute0.jpg
106KB, 550x740px
>>17253762
Possibly. But not everyone who has it is diagnosed with depression. Or they may have another type of depression rather than the standard. I believe I suffer from Existential depression,which isnt manic or really severe in nature unless I have a break,one of which Im currently coming down from. And Im an empath,which is what triggered it. Its not a clear cut thing.
>>
>>17253763
that's not "empathy" that's not having a sensory filter, spergs lack empathy because they can't extract social information from their unfiltered stream and thus can't model other peoples emotions and perspectives.
>>
>>17253774
Time and this will pass.
>>
>>17253779
That's not empathy, that's being fucking mental. You don't have control over your emotions and is most likely caused by a misfiring of neurons in your amygdala.

That's actually even further away from empathy because instead of trying to understand and putting yourself in someone else's place, you just lose your shit without any understanding of what's going on. I strongly suggest seeing a psychiatrist.
>>
>>17253788
Are you talking specifically about aspergers or using "sperg" as a catch all term for the entire autism spectrum?

People with aspergers barely even fit onto the spectrum in my opinion (but hey, I'm not on the council of wisemen that writes the DSM) they are closer to sociopaths.

What i'm talking about is low functioning kids that are like lightning rods for drama happening around them.

If they had no empathy they'd simply tune it out like aspies do.
>>
>>17253817
Have you ever actually read anything on autism? Just about everyone with the disorder in its various scales, have no idea what emotions are. They fail to emotionally connect and understand the vast majority of people unless they're family.
>>
>>17253823
Yeah I have autism in both mine and my wife's family. She's an IBI/ABA therapist and since all she ever talks about is her job, I'm practically one as well.

I know the stuff about emotional filters, but the problem is that since a lot of the time these kids don't have the language skills to express how they feel, our conclusions about how they feel is based on external observation.
>>
File: CNNy0UgVEAEeFoP.jpg (32KB, 480x519px) Image search: [Google]
CNNy0UgVEAEeFoP.jpg
32KB, 480x519px
>>17253811
Nah, that's exactly what empathy is. Hence why serial killers tend to have no empathy.

They can understand and read emotions, but they dont "feel" them, so for example when a person cries and begs for mercy they do very well understand what is going on, but they aren't affected by it. They don't feel it.
>>
>>17253831
>I have autism
so this is like trying to explain color to a blind guy.
>>
>>17253831
MOAR:

Also, emotionally connecting with something, or processing emotion in a way the brain can make sense of is vastly different to experiencing emotion.

Heck even most normal well adjusted people have problems processing and dealing with their emotions.
>>
>>17253832
No they don't understand it. They don't even understand why they enjoy murder.

A distinct lack of understanding so deep they cant even feel or understand their own emotions.
>>
>>17253836
I don't understand, are you saying you have autism and you suffer from hyper empathy?
>>
>>17253836
No I don't have autism but I appreciate your attempt at humour. Sadly it just came across as being bitter that you cant force feed your antiquated opinions down my throat.
>>
>>17253311
When I say be prepared, I mean understand your place in your working environment, because it could mess you up a little without realizing. Please allow me to explain a bit, it's weird as shit, sorry.

I work at a liquor store of sorts.(I don't like poisoning people for a living but it currently pays very well while I search for another job.) I see people on a regular basis who are either dependent on a substance or are just coming in for whatever calls for booze, but most are very emotionally charged, negatively or otherwise. This is incredibly stressful.
My job much like bartending. I refuse people who have had too much, or people simply up and talk to me about anything, while selling booze. Unfortunately I have a lot of regulars, and they are very sad or overworked, mostly in pain. All of this is very heavy, whether I like it or not.
Imagine feelings as tangible wavelengths, this particular job exposes me to it more often than it would other jobs. It's retail, of course. But that's why I say to be prepared, just as a measure to protect yourself. When I first started, shit sucked.

Does this make sense?
>>
>>17253842
Bro, you don't get it.

Psychopaths UNDERSTAND what emotions mean. They understand them so well actually they can manipulate their environment and be lying actors. Just look at Ted Bundy for example how charming and innocent he was pretending to be.

So they know, if their victim is crying and shaking, that the person is terrorized and suffering. Psychopaths can feel fear and suffering too, so they KNOW the feeling the other person is feeling.

But, because they have no empathy they aren't affected by it. They don't share the emotions. They don't suffer if another person suffers.
>>
>>17253848
>my feelings!
no one cares bro.
>>
>>17253863
Sperglord spotted.

Go put your sock drawer in alphabetical order you sad heartless mutant :/
>>
>>17253857
I'd like to add that psychopaths aren't unaffected by human emotion, but they're affected by it inversely. They feed on terror, anguish etc.
>>
>>17253857

>because they have no empathy
That's all I'm saying. Psychopaths lack empathy.

You can know something without understanding it. You know what a computer is even if you don't understand shit about how it works. You can pretend/act like you know what's going on but you still don't understand.
>>
>>17253889
Yeah, but when do you understand or relate to it? When you feel it yourself.

And you said to my post when I said when I see someone crying I feel their pain that it's not empathy.

But it is, it's extreme empathy.

I feel and relate so strongly to another persons feelings that it affects me deeply. Psychopaths aren't affected at all, people with little empathy are just a bit affected, people with a lot of empathy are heavily affected and so on.
>>
You mean, an empathetic person? Or like, an emotion wizard?
>>
>>17252684
No you don't.
It isn't just about reading other people's emotions.
It gets to the point where you don't know where the distinct mental lines or difference are between one and someone else. You end of wondering "wow, is this person like me, or am I blending into their personality?". I often end up as being someone's predictive text & anticipating their emotions moods, which is why social interaction throughout the day leaves me exhausted.

You desire stronger empathy OP, but you don't actually want to be an empath.
>>
>>17253854
****first started my job
Sorry
>>
File: 137523427144.jpg (119KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
137523427144.jpg
119KB, 600x444px
>>17252684
>having empathy is an /x/-tier ability now
It's absolutely startling how many people in this thread don't have any concept of what it actually is, either.
>"why would you want that? every time you're next to someone who is sad yuo will also be sad!"
seriously guys what the fuck. Is having empathy all it takes to be a fucking normie now?
>>
>>17255111
I pointed out that this isn't paranormal but it looks like the post was deleted. Skimming the thread it looks like a bunch of psychopaths arguing about something they only half-heartedly "understand."
>>
>>17253083
>from what I can tell you're just born an empath.
>sure, you can hone your skill and help your intuition become sharper, but if extreme empathy doesn't come naturally to you it'll be quite a feat learn how to tune in properly
>plus, considering that most people are quite disgusting and self centred, most of the time it's an extremely hard gift that takes some people a lifetime cope with.
>get your natal chart done, as well as conpleteling a MBTI. analyse yourself and learn your strengths/weaknesses
>happy to answer any queries

SAGE.

Signed,

(An Empath.)
>>
>>17253513

Doesn't make you any less of a faggot
>>
>>17252684
Many says that you would become a depressed and sad person. It's true that empaths adapt to others feelings.

But it's also true that empaths can change the emotions and feelings of the people around.

If you want to become empath, understand and handle the ability, otherwise you would become as others says and been influenced by people near you.

One easy way to start is to learn: Neurolinguistic Programm or NLP
>>
>>17252684
Being an empath sounds fucking lame, be a sociopath and free yourself from the emotions of yourself and others.
>>
>>17252684
Why? Being empathetic doesn't make you special in any way.
>>
>>17252684
all human beings have empathy to different degrees. you dont want to be an empath, you want to be more empathetic

stop trying to impress people with your skills and start giving a fuck about other people

wanting to be more empathetic than most people is in the exact opposite direction to caring more for others.
>>
I agree that extreme empathy is not paranormal,but it does exist. And half the shit on this board isnt paranormal anymore either.
>>
>>17253346
More for like firing them when they cry. >>17253391
But what about Dog empathy, not everyone has that.
>>
>>17253314
You can be made one. It hurts and you'll get mad, but it happens.
>>
>>17255689
It sure does bucko
>>
>>17253741
no you don't, silly. you silly billy. you've been very naughty today and now you're going to get extra broccoli and brussels sprouts.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.