[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /x/ I happen to be a Christian, but I also believe in astrology.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 14

File: pisces-vedic-astrology.jpg (60KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
pisces-vedic-astrology.jpg
60KB, 800x600px
So /x/ I happen to be a Christian, but I also believe in astrology. Is there anything wrong with this? Can the two co-exist? Or is believing there's truth to astrology idol worship or satanic in some way? Post anything about astrology or Christianity if you want to I guess.
>>
>>17252458
The shackles of religions why are you doing this to yourself.
Know who are.
>>
>>17252458
No, all of that went out the window with the "don't eat shrimp or wear clothes with multiple fabrics," bullshit. Jesus spells it out : worship god, love your neighbor, you oughta be fine.
>>
what is astrology?
>>
>>17252458
>So /x/ I happen to be a Christian, but I also believe in astrology. Is there anything wrong with this?

Christian confused about his feeling on astrology turns to 4chan/x/ for guidance. Sounds legit.
>>
>>17252463
You can't really choose what you believe. I asked for Jesus' help and he helped me. Ever since then I've been a Christian
>>
>>17252472
What's so hard to believe? Im not going to live or die by what you guys say, I was just curious what you guys thought, and I don't think I've ever really seen this topic discussed too much
>>
Given that Christianity is a tool to remove spirituality, I'd say your Jewish masters dont want you knowing anything about astrology. You're finally breaking free.
>>
>>17252458
Astrology is a matrix.
>>
File: GodCreatedUniverse.jpg (37KB, 436x416px) Image search: [Google]
GodCreatedUniverse.jpg
37KB, 436x416px
to give you an honest answer OP, i've never seen astrology significant for any reason.

though the book of Genesis clearly says that God made the stars, moon, and sun for signs, so maybe it is a legit working of God's miracles...

"There was evening and there was morning, a third day.
Then God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years;
and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth"; and it was so.
God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also.
God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth,
and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good."
>>
I remember watching TBN several years back there was a dude advertising a book about Astrology, so yeah there's Christian Astrologists.

Really, there's a Christian everything because Christianity is so varied.
>>
>>17252458
i'm in the exact same boat, OP. i use astrology because it's fun and interesting, but i don't *believe* in astrology the way i *believe* in christianity. i don't see them as incompatible at all.

you might like this old ass book:
https://archive.org/stream/ChristianAstrologyByWilliamLilly/Lilly_William-Christian_astrology
>>
OP, I'm a Christian myself and I believe in Astrology. And Astrology is real...

I, too, struggle between these two worlds if they can coexist with one another in my spiritual life... In fact, this Christian man (who once was into the New Age movement and Astrology but then became a Christian) made a video espousing of how Astrology is bad: http://youtu.be/80rZpX1y6mk
Check it out, and report back to me of what you think...
>>
>>17252484
it is smart to be cautious. there is always the possibility of unintentional harm, and there is quite a lot of spiritual deception in the world

"Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.
For we all stumble in many ways. And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body.
If we put bits into the mouths of horses so that they obey us, we guide their whole bodies as well.
Look at the ships also: though they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs.
So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things.
How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire!
And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life,[a] and set on fire by hell.
For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind,
but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.
With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God.
From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers,[c] these things ought not to be so.
Does a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and salt water?
Can a fig tree, my brothers, bear olives, or a grapevine produce figs? Neither can a salt pond yield fresh water."
>>
File: james-icon.jpg (33KB, 330x400px) Image search: [Google]
james-icon.jpg
33KB, 330x400px
>>17252480
and blessed are you and blessed is God forever.

it may seem like a trivial matter to us, but i think we have wonders to await which will be appointed unto us by God forever
>>
"And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? And he answered and said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given."

and then...

"But blessed are your eyes, for they see; and your ears, for they hear. 17For verily I say unto you, that many prophets and righteous men desired to see the things which ye see, and saw them not; and to hear the things which ye hear, and heard them not."
>>
>>17252458
Have fun, in the path of learning . >_^
>>
>>17252458
If you're a Christian, your free to pursue any interest you'd like.
>>
>>17252523
I would only like to add that the zodiac used to tell the story of the creation, and has been corrupted by the Chaldeans.

There was a specific time when draco was before virgo, the sun on her head, the moon at her feet, giving birth to the Son of God.

After all, God made the heavens not only for light, but for signs.
>>
>>17252523
That sounded pretty much 100 percent correct to me. Thanks for sharing that. It's just kind of hard to not take advantage of the information of astrology we have at our disposal. I've used astrology to my benefit before and I know it helped because everything went perfect. I try not to put too much stock in it these days though. I've become a little bit stronger in my faith in Christ lately and don't think I really need astrology. I read something this guy posted here once from the book of Enoch how a fallen angel came down and taught humans about astrology and other fallen angels came down and taught other things and it led them to ruin and calling out to God for help. I think some things were never meant to be known, it ultimately just leads us further from God which is destruction
>>
do you have red hair and used to have a xanga like 6 years ago? lol :D
>>
File: Pike.png (197KB, 488x283px) Image search: [Google]
Pike.png
197KB, 488x283px
>>17252458
T.B.H. THE PLANETS PROBABLY DO INFLUENCE OUR LIVES IN SUBTLE WAYS THAT WE CANNOT UNDERSTAND BUT IT'S REALLY BESIDES THE POINT.
>>
>>17253171
OP here
Why did you pick the numbers 03/07 for your name?.....Im freaking out man
>>
>>17252458
Christianity can easily co-exist with astrology. People tend to think that anything not explicitly okayed by the Bible is devil worship.

Astrology imo is simply science. We're 90% water and the bodies around the Earth affect and pull those waters the same way gravity keeps us tethered here. While we're in the womb, those pulls on the water and minerals in our developing fetus change how our brain develops and gives rise to stereotypes known as star signs.
>>
File: Shark.gif (2MB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
Shark.gif
2MB, 400x392px
>>17253190
TAKE A GUESS AND THEN I'LL TELL YOU.
>>
>>17253213
Because they're both holy numbers? Idk
>>
File: numnum.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
numnum.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>17253223
All numbers are holy and those numbers happen to be my birthday ;3
>>
>>17253232
Yeah it's my birthday too and Im stoned which is why I was tripping out lmao
Wats up birthday brother? :)
>>
File: rainbow_trout.jpg (30KB, 448x293px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow_trout.jpg
30KB, 448x293px
>>17253239
Just praising the Lord, listening to some tunes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSkziVWcnB4

What a blessing it is to befriend a birthday broski!

I love this website.
>>
>>17253254
Here's a song that a fellow pisces wrote. It's the only "religious" song I truly enjoy musically anyway. I love the message of course of all Christian songs of course but the music is usually pretty unorigional

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h6FIjp8nJV4
>>
File: GW.webm (693KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GW.webm
693KB, 1280x720px
>>17253276
Beautiful song.

Maybe this will be more your thang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rdm8LItAHs

(Also written by a pisces born on 03/07)
>>
File: ninja revenge.gif (4MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ninja revenge.gif
4MB, 480x360px
>>17253276
Pisceans are great people. I wager that your best friends and partners are Cancerians.

(pic unrelated)
>>
>>17253294
That was pretty good actually

Here's another one with a religious theme being performed by a pisces

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uT1BuLYt2RU

(Also, I forgot about reggae. There's a lot of good reggae songs that talk about God)
>>
>>17253321
Cancers are my favorite but unfortunately I haven't really gotten involved with too many.
I really enjoy the stability of earth signs too. A lot of important people in my life have been taurus or capricorn
>>
File: irie.jpg (117KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
irie.jpg
117KB, 500x333px
>>17253331
Not a huge a Cobain fain tbphwy but that song is good.

ere me now i and i give BIG ups to JAH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDQd262lJ1Q

blessed be the prophets priests and kings servants of is imperial majesty the LION OF JUDAH
>>
>>17253364
That song was pretty good
Here's another reggae song that talks about religion near the end. One of my favorites

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUNyxvEma4

I am the son of David, you can not move I at all...

The song's title is a reference to Yahweh too
(I am)
>>
>>17252458
Astrology is nonsense anyways.
>>
>>17253208
Astronomy =/= astrology

Wow.
>>
File: Fire-Fish-1600x1200.jpg (698KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Fire-Fish-1600x1200.jpg
698KB, 1600x1200px
>>17253468
that track brings good vibes bruddah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8UpAvgrZmI

jah almighty pour blessings pon ye eart

BO
>>
File: le jumpcat.gif (1016KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
le jumpcat.gif
1016KB, 480x270px
>>17253479
I dont even know where to start. You know that astrology is based on the movement of the bodies in the solar system right? Astrology is the study of how those movements effect us. Astronomy is viewing bodies and how they move and work.

What about my post suggested I was talking about astronomy? rofl

(pic unrelated)
>>
>>17253528
Another good one brother, I'll listen to that one often
>>
>>17253572
PRAISE JAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpKwhHAjORw
>>
>>17253598
That one was good too :D
>>
>>17253528
Really like your talk.
And helpful thinking.
I not so much reggae hear before this. But this tell me some great truth.
Respect Bro.
>>
>>17252458
This is a little bit of a tangent,but might help you feel better.
The current leading theory about what the Star of Bethlehem is that it was not a literal star or nova or anything, but rather a portent based on the astrology of the time. If so, astrology has been with Christianity since the beginning, and there's no need to feel conflicted.
http://rutgerspress.rutgers.edu/product/Star-of-Bethlehem,1998.aspx
>>
pretty sure divining the future is sorcery/sin according to some bible passage
>>
This is wrong. You can't be a christian and at the same time belive in astrology or any other kind of magic.
>>
>>17252480
That fucker never listened to me when I asked for help
>>
>>17255152
So the answer is.
Don't be a christianyst fool.
Be a "person" with free will..
Free religion..
Freedom.

be me.. - J.
i deny the christianity.. deny everything from that what lie.. or bullshit..
jsut grab to myself that what is it truth..

so i begin my own philosophy.. own religion..
that what i call the truth..

we all can possible to find it.. - L.
it"s in us..
someone says God..
someone s. Lucifer..
some heys Adam..

don't be bitches bitches.. - M.

..i'll corious what you capable..
.. show me some new what i doesn't really know before now..
.. surprise me..

mix a "little secret" to you in this message..
>>
>>17255152
>>17255177
>>17255106
God giving us a blood moon is a sign. God darkening the sun is a sign. God causing moons to wobble off of their axis is a sign. It may not necessarily be full-blown occultism, I think it depends on how you use it.

The best thing to do would probably be to read up on Astrology within Catholicism.
>>
>>17255177
>>believing in God v.s. believing in yourself

what are we compared to God?

we cannot help ourselves

it is God who helps us, even when we think we're doing it ourselves
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnKJEvMNlis
>>
Astrology tell's you you're special because of your birth date. And that your personality is magically connected to the position of certain celestial bodies at the time of your birth. Everything is decided. No effort has to be made.

Christianity tells you you're special, because you're the child of God and destined to be a saint. But to deserve this you need to mold your personality through sacrifaces and self-discipline and just be a good person, so you could serve as example to others.

Choose one. Choose wisely.
>>
File: Padre-Amorth.jpg (30KB, 345x349px) Image search: [Google]
Padre-Amorth.jpg
30KB, 345x349px
My mother was a obsessed with hand readings,
fortune tellers, and astrology. I don't want to go into details but I was introduced to Padre Amorth to help my mother.

“There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.”
>>
>>17255211
i cannot argue against this
>>
>>17255169
Or perhaps you weren't listening to Him.
>>
>>17255205
>believing in God and believing in yourself

>>17255211
This is good. I can let horoscopes and personality charts tell me what to do or I can just take control of my destiny without some predestined prediction telling me generic disinfo haha
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.