[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.caltech.edu/news/caltech -researchers-find-eviden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: p9_kbo_extras_orbits_2_.jpg (284KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p9_kbo_extras_orbits_2_.jpg
284KB, 2560x1440px
http://www.caltech.edu/news/caltech-researchers-find-evidence-real-ninth-planet-49523

Anything spooky according to this? Can this be Planet X?
>>
>>17251467
It's a large planet in a highly eccentric orbit that is very peculiarly aligned, so it does sound spoopily like some of the claims about Nibiru and its ilk.

However, I wouldn't worry about it coming near us. The parameters they estimate for the orbit are in the general range of semi-major axis a ~ 700 AU, eccentricity e ~ 0.6, and mass m ~ 10 Earths. Perihelion of an orbit (its closest approach to the Sun) is a * (1 - e), so such an object would never come closer than about 280 astronomical units. For reference, Earth orbits at a distance of 1 astronomical unit, and Pluto orbits at 40 AU.
>>
>>17251467
>>17251467
Alieums.
>>
>>17252277
Try hard
>>
>>17252277
It seems like past a certain point (Neptune) the orbits of the planets stop being round and start being eccentric...
>>
>>17251467
>Can this be Planet X?
No.
>>
>>17251467
Earth wobbles, it hasn't always done that
There have been 6 major extinction events we know about
>>
>>17254668

Yes, the old myths tell us that Nibiru, or the planet what ever you wanna call it came in and upset the orbits of the outer planets.

This is why they are tilted or why Pluto is way out of orbit.

Pluto used to be a moon of Saturn named Gaga by the Sumerians.

But Nibiru changed its orbit.

Nibiru also smashed into Tiamat and destroyed it. This is what the old myths say. Some people think it was only a moon of Nibiru that hit Tiamat.

But Tiamat was between Mars and Jupiter where the asteroid belt is now.

Some of Tiamat became Earth.

The moon used to orbit Tiamat also.

And Ceres used to be a moon of Tiamat but its still in the asteroid belt. Its called the Hammered Bracelet.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.