[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occult books and esoterism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: mathers-occult.jpg (2MB, 2899x2409px) Image search: [Google]
mathers-occult.jpg
2MB, 2899x2409px
Hello everyone, i've been roaming around here for a while, mainly reading creepy stories, and i wanted to get a little bit more in the subject. So i looked for a good occult book, famous ones, and evermore, goods one, i know about the satanic bible, but it really sounds like a big pile of shit, so i wanted your advice. What is a good occult book, explaining, not just rituals, but mainly the different creatures and things that are roaming out of our sight. So, which ones should i buy ?

Also, general occult books thread i suppose.
>>
Shamelass selfbump
>>
File: Kybalion_Book_Cover.jpg (20KB, 354x554px) Image search: [Google]
Kybalion_Book_Cover.jpg
20KB, 354x554px
Try The Kabyllion. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kybalion
>>
try fringechan.org
>>
>>17251447
Ooooooookay.
So there's a mega that was set up by a trip friend, formerly frater K, now ape of thoth. His mega is essentially a collection of many occult books of specific value and particular knowledge. It would be worth looking through it.

Go into the search catalog for this board and type in omg(acronym for occult mega general). You'll find the link there.

I'd post it myself, but I'm ultra lazy and on mobile.
>>
>>17251546
Can't figure the thing, won't find it, OMG is like way too vague, can you give me more informations ?
>>17251521
I'll buy it, thanks
>>
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>>
>>17251595
You rock ! Thank you !

I'm about to buy the Kabyllion, The Book of Ceremonial Magicby Waite, and a copy of the Necronimicon, by Simon (i know it's false, but big fan of Lovecraft, might be cool). Is it a good choice ?
>>
The Screwtape Letters, Good and Evil, Thus Spoke Zarathustra, Upanishads, The Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Franny and Zooey, Poetry Language and Thought, Secret of the Golden Flower prefaced by Jung, Liber IV, Secret Teachings of All Ages, Initiation into Hermetics, Hermetica
>>
>>17251746
I should also mention practice/esoterism is only linked to what I'd say is the real work, on one's own self and its perspective, the change of it. In that sense, these are not purely esoteric in nature, but they offer great insight into yourself and the world around you, making them as valuable as any holy book. I'd also add Leaves of Grass by Whitman, and maybe VALIS by Philip. K. Dick, the whole trilogy is interesting, definitely tickles on theology. I've never read the exegesis by PKD but I assume it would be worth looking into. For symbology, or rather finding yourself in your own web of archetypes, I'd say read some Jung. Most importantly you should meditate. Observe yourself for a while.
>>
>>17251530
>fringechan.org
Hey, this looks interesting.
It should be more self-contained than /x/ though. So don't spread it too much desu
>>
>>17251746
>>17251767
good stuff, take these references into consideration
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.