[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sense of Humour and Magick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1436754708627.jpg (423KB, 900x666px) Image search: [Google]
1436754708627.jpg
423KB, 900x666px
Why is having a sense of humour so important to those who practice magick? I see it recommended often.
>>
>>17249413
Because magic is a fucking joke.
>>
>>17249413
Essentially, humor (especially the pun) is founded on paradox: contradictory senses of things happening simultaneously. Magick is as well.
>>
>>17249418
xDDDDDDD
>>
>>17249413
I'm sure there are several reasons. For one, it serves to further distance the practice from traditional belief systems, which are typically super serious all the time guys. Also, the magical practice in question may be dependent on the worship of a deity/deities, many of which are considered tricksters, etc, and a sense of humor may help in interacting with them.

Additionally, if anyone finds out about your practice, they'll probably react with criticism or at least jokes, and humor can help deflect or deal with the situation.

Finally, from a social standards perspective, magic is weird. You'll feel silly when you start out, and it would be easier to laugh off the feeling and carry on than to try and force yourself to stay completely serious.
>>
>>17249427
Isn't it the opposite of that though?

IE 'like begets like', rather than contradictory.
>>
>>17249469
Well, think of Taoism."Do by not doing." "When the common man hears of the Way, he laughs." "Water is the softest of all things, yet it can wear down the mountain." It's how I like to think of things.
>>
>>17249413
Because its a magicans privilege sort of thing
>>
Because Our Goddess is the lady of magic.

Duh.
>>
>>17249413
Because humour and sorcery are powered by the same thing: lies. I don't mean they don't real. I mean it is powered by deception.
>>
>>17249413
>I see it recommended often

Too bad it's not practiced as much as it's recommended.
>>
>>17249418
Spotted one magic user
>>
Because if you don't have one you tend to disappear up your own ass.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.