[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the universe is a simulation, why can't we hack it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 26

File: mario 64.png (1MB, 1024x1378px) Image search: [Google]
mario 64.png
1MB, 1024x1378px
If the universe is a simulation, why can't we hack it? Just imagine all the shortcuts that the developers had to take to make something this massive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A
>>
>>17242567
We need a VERY powerful computer to hack the Universe.

Any /x/er will tell you Super Mario 64 needed more Scuttle Beetle.
>>
Are there ways to infinitely increase your speed? I want to break into a parallel universe
>>
File: observing serious discussion.png (8KB, 200x77px) Image search: [Google]
observing serious discussion.png
8KB, 200x77px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkrTUGI8V9Y
>>
We haven't been given the technology or a means to hack the universe or as a race of AI we haven't learnt how to hack it. I mean the Hedron collider could be a means to hack the universe and any other super colliders.
>>
File: 1420353875001.jpg (21KB, 270x282px) Image search: [Google]
1420353875001.jpg
21KB, 270x282px
That truly is one of the most autistic things I've ever witnessed, but it's magnificent all the same.
>>
Promoting this content.
>>
Wouldn't time travel and and worm holes be hacking the universe
>>
>>17242567
/vr/ here:

this guy's shit is awesome. I wonder if OOT has parallel universes like this.

Also, literally everything this guy does is TAS, so even if reality were a simulation, in order to do this sort of shit IRL, you'd basically have to be god anyway.
>>
File: GTM-turbos-619-3[1].jpg (76KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
GTM-turbos-619-3[1].jpg
76KB, 960x540px
/o/ here

>>17242703
yes
>>
>>17242567
>If the universe is a simulation
well, there's your problem
>>
>>17242567
This mario 64 shit is so needlessly complicated. It's not even impressive or interesting. It's like a Rube Goldberg machine without the irony.
>>
>>17243981
on a balance of probabilities, the universe is more likely to be a simulation than it is natural
>>
>>17244086
says who? you? some guy on the internet?
>>
>>17244109
It's a thought experiment.

If you accept that
(i) a universe was created through natural causes

(ii) these natural causes can be simulated, given sufficient time

(iii) time is infinite

Then the reasonable conclusion is that our universe is more likely to be the result a simulation. Consider that the initial "natural" universe would eventually give rise to one or more species that gain the means to simulate a universe. These simulated universes then give rise to more species that gain the means to simulate a universe. And it expands exponentially from there.
>>
File: thinking-man.jpg (44KB, 576x777px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-man.jpg
44KB, 576x777px
>>17242567
>If the universe is a simulation, why can't we hack it?

We can. It's called magic.
>>
>>17244181
wouldn't that eventually require a memory storage of more bits than the number of particles in the universe on the original, first, computer?
>>
>>17244221
Except magic is fakey fake bullshit

All the hacks in OP's video are falsifiable and repeatable
>>
Just finished that mario video
How do you figure that out
How long does it take
Why
Im impressed
>>
>>17244256
Sorry you're so uninitiated.
>>
File: 1315459105602.jpg (183KB, 431x600px) Image search: [Google]
1315459105602.jpg
183KB, 431x600px
The universe is both a simulation and a natural phenomenon at the same time.

Let me explain.

You see the scuttlebugs of the universe can be manipulated but only if you are in the same room as them. The de-facto speed of light is the actual movement of light.

To understand this further, we need to talk about parallel universes.
>>
>>17243880
>IRL
how can we know if this life is actually "real"?
>>
File: 1451887615827.png (361KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
1451887615827.png
361KB, 500x498px
>>17244086
>on a balance of probabilities, the universe is more likely to be a simulation than it is natural

yea , a semiotico-linguistic simulation

read some baudrillard faggot
>>
>>17244181
Wonderful.
>>
I often convince myself that I never failed at suicide and this is really hell.
>>
Cool video but I don't think it will ever apply to our reality. Mario is a game and we live in a simulation. We have rules and they are set in stone. They can't be broken.
>>
>>17242567

You're thinking within the confines of simplistic physics, the more advanced physics dictate that universal constructs don't follow the regular rules.

The universe is built using a much more advanced coding than what we replicate in video games or any virtual reality within our universe.
>>
Read,"Tom cambells,my big toe
>>
>>17243869
>Wouldn't time travel and and worm holes be hacking the universe.

Yes. And Quantum Mechanical Tunneling.

In fact "time travel" is just QM tunneling into a classically forbidden region in TIME, instead of space, like conventional QM tunneling. Because space and time are the same manifold. (i.e., "spacetime")
>>
>>17244569
When you start to use the runaway gravity, that can occur in some places, in math concerning mass, you can achieve some strange results.
>>
>>17244237
Well, you could think of it like this:

For the sake of argument, imagine a universe of infinite size.

>in this universe, since the universe has always existed, life has been around for many more billions of years than our current universe
>science in this univer advances to a point in which a massive supercomputer can be build
>programmed to simulate the birth of a new universe
>this universe is not infinite, and has a set beginning
>the computer models what happens
>We are the result of this, just existing in a simulation; we're numbers and equations
>Our universe is not infinite, and so the computer in the first universe can model every particle in its simulated universe
>we discover scientific laws which dictate physics and chemistry and everything else
>we realize there is something up
>eventually, we use these laws to build our own simulation
>program a new universe which is small than the known size of our own universe to test ideas
>that universe is created
>using the laws and equations we established, life eventually begins
>rinse and repeat

Each subsequent simulated universe is smaller than the previous, though that can still be quite large. If the trend continues, there will eventually be a universe the size of a single particle created.

If the laws programmed into the simulation model human behavior, then they would necessarily dictate that the inhabitants of the simulated universe would be compelled to repeat the experiment, seeing as each previous simulation did the same thing.

This can be proven by observing the results of each subsequent simulated universe. At a small enough size, the universe will cease to function correctly. There is a lower bound on the size of a universe which will be conducive to life. Then we can extrapolate backwards and determine the size of the true universe from which we are being simulated. Since we know our universe is not infinite and had a definite beginning, it cannot be the original universe.
>>
>>17244256
Perception meets Ritual creates Reality.
>>
>>17242567
"Programmers" would only have to set the initial laws of the Universe, the rest is an evolution of said laws. You wouldn't need to draw every blade of grass, just the blueprint.

Input initial laws, press run, the rest is probability.
>>
>>17242567
We successfully "hacked" the Universe in the 19C with the double-slit experiment. Since then we've been trying to figure out wtf happened. Contrary to popular belief.. the Universe is made up of fields. When you look at a field, you see a particle.

>when you look at something
>it changes

How do things know when/if we're looking at them? Why does holding information about an objects' state alter the objects' state?

All we've figured out is: Reality is subjective, not objective. (our physics is based on.the assumption that reality is objective) Reality is informational. There cannot be contradictions in reality.

That's the big one: There cannot be contradictions within reality. It shows us that there is a fundamental law, or "firewall" if you will, which stops reality from contradicting itself. It's the biggest puzzle we know of. Einstein went to his grave trying to formulate a theory. He failed.
>>
>>17245288
>If the trend continues, there will eventually be a universe the size of a single particle created.
No there wouldn't, you dumb nigger. Ignoring the fact that that would be utterly pointless, there would sooner be a simulation without enough particles for life to evolve. And that's ignoring the fact that you're running these simulations within other simulations, which would make the parent simulations slower and slower.
>>
>>17245463
>slower and slower

How would we notice? We're accustomed to this speed. Our Universe might be akin to a 12 year old Compaq Pressario with 128mb ram and we'd never know because we've never experienced anything else.
>>
I want to see his dreams
>>
>>17245527
I'm not talking about our universe, stupid. Simulation one would get much slower when they start simulation two, and they would notice. You aren't a philosopher and you sure as hell aren't a computer scientist.
>>
File: 1440964807896s.jpg (4KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1440964807896s.jpg
4KB, 250x250px
>>17242567
Nothing is impossible
Everything is permited
>>
>>17245744
occult hey?
Ive never understood what this phrase means
>>
>>17245399
Double Slit anon

do you ever sleep?
>>
>>17244181
I exposed this a long time ago, I never thought that theory would proliferate, or maybe it occurred to you the same and it's just a coincidence? Anyway I'm grateful anon.
>>
>Is America Babylon?

Yes or no.
>>
>>17242567
Because universe is not a computer simulation
>>
you have to alter memory
>>
>>17245399
>double-slit
in this experiment you need to interfere with the electron, you can't just see it with your eyes, so is not proved that what changes de situation is the fact of looking.
>>
>>17245463
I think you don't understand what the first anon was saying.
>>
>>17246058
I'm sorry friend but this an old theory and most certainly not original to /x/. Morgan Freeman has narrated a documentary on it, for example.
>>
>>17246104
shit, it's hard to invent when it's all invented
>>
>>17242567
That would imply you are a admin and not just ncp(human without free will and following a script)
>>
File: graphics-laughing-091376.gif (70KB, 362x252px) Image search: [Google]
graphics-laughing-091376.gif
70KB, 362x252px
Fags like OP prove that even if traditional religions die, it won't matter because stupid people will just believe more updated rehashes that are the same snake-oils in different technobabble.

Back in the good ol' days we had tards listen to myths and think that Gods and supernatural lands existed in the sky. Then, more recently, a bunch of technogeeks took scifi seriously and invented the religions of singularitarianism (M'computer god) transhumanism (Gunna live in heaven in a computer) and futurology (Science gunna solve all our problems.) Now ignorant technogeek NEETs are clinging to the idea that the universe is a simulation, which makes a lot of sense to them as the vast majority of their experience is fucking computers.

Go outside, nitwits.
>>
>>17246155
Well, self delusion is as old as humanity. No one wants to die and people will cling to any chance to escaping death, no matter how small.
>>
>>17246142
>Ncp
Fail

And anyway, why don't you guys believe in something fathomable? You know, like fucking string theory. Something that possible has scientific basis and PhDs that support it.
>>
>>17246155
All I heard was blah, blah,blah, I don't agree so I'm going to act like an ass
>>
>>17246300
This is giving humans a LOT of credit, what we think we know changes on a routine basis, information is always changing, once we solve one riddle ten more pop up
>>
>>17246092
I understand what he's saying, and it's retarded. He's assuming if the first true universe simulated the universe, then all the simulations would eventually simulate the universe. And his main assumption is that since there is only one true universe and many simulations, it's more likely that we live in a simulation. But the problem is that that is fucking retarded because the parent simulations would become slower with every iteration, and the original simulation would eventually be so fucking so that it would be pointless.
>>
>>17242567
Because its virtualized. Like, we're not running on in some .exe on the desktop. We can't just get admin rights and start doing other stuff on the computer.

You have your computer okay, let's say, windows server 2012. Using a virtualization program, you create a new operating system instance running windows 7 pro. Then you run the simulation in the windows 7 pro.

That way, all the trillions of little beings you create can only access as far as windows 7. On your real physical computer, the server machine, you just turn off all the network settings and junk on the virtualized windows 7 and it can't access anything. As far as that winodws 7 instance is concerned, it's running on its own computer with no network cables or wifi adapters.
>>
The universe is simulated but there's out of bounds. Why can't you fly direct over the southern hemisphere. People 0 rockets on snowbound 1
>>
>>17246058
>I exposed this a long time ago
no you didn't you little egomaniac

the thought experiment is over a decade old
http://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.html
>>
>>17242567
Does anyone have a link to that paper?
I suspect that the parallel universe stuff is actually much simpler than he thinks and it can just be though of as a 3-torus or a 2-torus cross an interval.
>>
>>17242567
B/c nobody in the simulation has access to it. You sped
>>
>>17246123
Because it's the same being inventing everything...because we're all the same being...Hi other me
>>
>>17244458
Don't even respond to guys like that. They're only here to troll. They'll come out of their shell when their soul is ready for them to. We all do eventually.
>>
>>17246844
lel what if they're like scientists doing a study or something, with like lab coats and shit
>>
>>17246872
Only on /x/ is pointing out that magic is not real considered trolling. Magic isn't even paranormal, btw, because it's so easy to prove that it doesn't exist.
>>
OP, God is real. but i do believe God has ordered the universe to operate in a certain way that is only changed by direct intervention of God.
>>
>>17242703
Preform a supertask
Wait 1 minute travel 1 foot
Wait 30 seconds travel 1 foot
Wait 15 secs travel 1 foot
Wait 7.5 secs travel 1 foot
Continue this pattern infinitely until you go really fast. Vsauce explains this very well look him up on youtube.
>>
>>17246357
Yeap
>>
>>17246357
I did not said how many time ago
>>
>>17245463
>>17246785
>this is stupid
>durr because it would slow down everything
>durr

Okay so it's obvious you couldn't comprehend my point (which I tried to make as simple as possible). I didn't want to be rude, but calling me "r*tarded" and a "n*gger" is wildly inappropriate and disrespectful.

The first simulation, which contains our universe and all other simulations may slow down, but it would still be running. The time dimension in that simulation and all other simulations would not be noticeable to any of the inhabitants of the simulated universes. There is a gradual slowdown occurring in our universe, which we can detect now, which may be a result of the complex math going into our own simulation. It's barely noticeable to us, though we know it is happening.

I'd suggest doing some personal research into astrophysics and computer science. It'll aid you in this discussion. You can come back once you calm down and stop attacking anyone who wants to have a formal, polite conversation.
>>
>>17247331
>he c*nsors himself on 4ch*n
>>
>>17247134
Supertasks are only theoretical; there's no real way to accomplish it. I think vsauce even says that in the video.
>>
>>17247331
>but calling me "r*tarded" and a "n*gger
what did he call you?
>>
>>17242567
>why can't we hack it?

to be inside a simulation, and hack that simulation, requires that a currently executing program be capable of rewriting its own instructions (presumably knowing they will execute successfully rather than just changing them at random).

programs don't truly rewrite themselves.

we don't usually write them to do that. if they are written by humans to rewrite themselves, we've still generally got a set of meta-rules (we say "invariants" a lot) in mind to which the program will still conform. and the code we write will still be capable of doing no more than that; it cannot experiment with potential code, to see if it will work, like we can. a program crashes if it runs totally invalid code, and, if it writes valid code it must execute it to get an answer; there is no non-execution path to verifying algorithms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entscheidungsproblem

to accomplish any sort of meaningful hack that was not simply a random mutation of code, the creator would have to step inside the simulation from outside of it, as a program himself. he would have to accomplish some task which we could all verify, being poorly little bits of program that can only conform to the rules the creator gave us, in what looks to us as his infinite wisdom and expertise. he would rewrite us, but simultaneously, he would have to "convince" us to be rewritten, since after all given this problem's assumptions we most assuredly have a "simulated" free will, a thing we can demonstrate with our own actions and decisions. this simulated will must simulate being swayed.

he might, for instance, exit. terminate.

and then launch again.
>>
Where does consciousness fit into all of this?
Is there more than one consciousness?
What governs how consciousness is localized to any given "layer" of the simulations or group of code/program or code-within-code or whatever?
>>
You can only hack it through mathematics
>>
The universe isn't a simulation, it's a mathematical structure. The difference is that one assumes that there is a non-simulated "outside" world, while with the latter, it isn't the case; there is no substrate on which the computation is performed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_universe_hypothesis
>>
File: GodfreyKneller-IsaacNewton-1689.jpg (198KB, 407x559px) Image search: [Google]
GodfreyKneller-IsaacNewton-1689.jpg
198KB, 407x559px
>>17248473
A reminder that if you want to be an actual wizard, put down the toys and study math and philosophy. Let your studies guide you from this foundation.
>>
>>17244531
I often have this same realization. I start noticing the differences and then i forget them right after.
>>
>>17248473
That's more like hacking what occurs within it but not it itself
I guess you're still operating outside of "conventional" rules, but if the rules themselves aren't changed, "unconventional" actions that violate "conventional" rules still don't actually violate actual, real rules even if they appear to.

So it's not really hacking anyway, it's just the illusion of hacking. Real hacking would be like changing the fundamental nature of reality itself, not just making glitchy shit happen in a pre-established framework.

I guess you're still right anyway, but what I'm trying to say is god-tier hacking would be redefining what mathematics IS, not just how it's used.
>>
>>17246300

Why is string theory incompatible?
>>
>>17246858

Demons who went against God are the only "inventors" and they stole it from God.

Don't waste your time on redundancy.
>>
>>17244491
philosophy is for fags
>>
>>17246300
>string theory

You obviously have no idea what string theory is otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it.

String Theory was a derivative of QFT, it's a mathematical attempt to quantify gravity and combine it with the standard model. It failed, badly. Why? Gravity is a field. Always will be.

Since then, Uni students with much weed started creating dumbass theories using the string theory model as a basis. It's dumb, but pop-sci guys like yourself think it sounds cool so it continues to get mentioned.

Tldr.. String theory was an attempt to quantify gravity, it failed, and since then it has been used to sell books. String theory died decades ago.
>>
A A LFT RGT RGT X B A B X LFTBUMP A UP UP RGHT LEFT X B Y A RGT RGT START SELECT LEFT B A B SELECT

Then open your inventory, drop any item, logout

Should have duped items when you come back. This glitch works 100% but somtimes you login into a new character and have to start over. Worth a try.
>>
>>17247345
>he thinks using curse words and racial slurs is cool
How's first grade? Did you get to color with your crayons today?

>>17247382
I'm not going to repeat what that mindless ape said, you can read his replies yourself if you're so inclined. There's no need for such language in a civilized metaphysical discussion and he knows it.
>>
File: 1404968065086.jpg (58KB, 308x345px) Image search: [Google]
1404968065086.jpg
58KB, 308x345px
>>17242567
He has dozens of videos about getting stars with as little button presses as possible, this man is either a genius or insane
>>
>>17249311
Tips fedora. Class can't be taught.
>>
>>17242576
>We need a VERY powerful computer to hack the Universe.

Our brains would be the ultimate computer, simulated or not.
>>
>>17244237
You're thinking in terms of physicality(which very well may just be an illusion).

When a bigger hard drive is made, does the hard drive actually get bigger? No. The amount of information space that can be stored on the drive does. But does that information space actually exist? No, it's all virtual. Same concept with the universe.

Storage wouldn't be an issue because whatever was before physicality was obviously just some form of information, some sort of input(the big bang). We went from a zero point of absolute nothingness to everything that currently exists.

Just like a computer, when you turn your PC on it goes from a zero point state of unintelligible electrical current to being able simulate anything(with enough power) and solve incredibly complex problems.

The way I see it is like the big bang was the power button being pressed on the simulation.

Explains the uncertainty principal, and it explains quantum entanglement. Only in information systems do things behave that way. Everything is just information. This is why observation breaks down the probability wave function, because it basically is making a calculation and influencing the entire system regardless of locality.
>>
File: Crazycience.jpg (13KB, 236x353px) Image search: [Google]
Crazycience.jpg
13KB, 236x353px
>>17249664
We are the counsiones of the universe.
>>
>>17242567
The key to the universe is not a machine , it is yourself my friend.
Nothing can exist on this plane of existence without you believing it will.
>>
>>17246858

Hey other me, hope you're enjoying this game!
>>
>>17249867
>>17249664
I've seen this before .
>>
File: image.png (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
60KB, 400x400px
>>17243898
>>
>>17249598
dis be wrong
our brains are not the most powerful computer possible, they're just the most powerful ones we know of
>>
The Universe cannot be hacked by an entity that is only a cognitive illusion.
>>
>>17242567
>why can't we hack it?
http://lesswrong.com/lw/qk/that_alien_message/
>>
>>17254995
Sounds like you're desperate over there. Sure your reality doesn't need a hand?
>>
wouldn't meme magic be considered hacking?
>>
>>17255062
I already knew you were a tryhard faggot. You didn't need to advertise it to the rest of /x/ as well.
>>
>>17255076
I just came into this thread kek
>>
>>17255009
I am everything I touch.
I am that I am not.
For this truth in irony
Damn all effort into fantasy
And show its real glory
It can believe anything it needed, wanted, and dreamed of.

You are cast
>>
>>17244491
Nice deak
>>
>>17242567
www.mybigtoe.com,or Tom Cambell,youtube.
>>
>>17243880
I found his shit abit too inconsistent and there were too many undigested cashews.
>>
File: 1377324947470.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1377324947470.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>17242567
That is some weapons grade autism.
>>
>>17242567
Because we don't understand how the things are controlled. In a game we are the character and we move within the physics of the game, we don't know about the inputs. We only act as the result of the commands sent to us.
>>
>>17247410
>
pythagoras said 'all is number' i trust him
>>
>>17242567

>that video

Holy shit, if autism was gold this guy could be used as a standard.
>>
>>17242567
We have made fusion and fission bombs. In other, more impressive words, we've found a way to turn a single hydrogen atom into a miniature star.

Hacking the universe is the reason why we humans appeared. Something, somewhere, realized that the universe is not self supporting, there will come a time where there is only nothing (such low levels of energy that everything either reaches absolute zero or black holes are so plentiful that you wouldnt be able to know where the black hole begins and the universe ends).
Seems a bit weird that we humans came out of all of this chaos, surrounded by creatures that live but dont. Hell, i'd wager and make the bold claim that atleast 70 percent of the world are only as alive as the animals we eat.
But then there's still weird things, like us humans being the only mammal that can comfortably sleep on our backs, which would suggest that since the time of lesser homos, we've been looking up, and been fascinated by what we see.
How the fuck did we figure out that most of the universe can be explained not with words, but mere 1's and 0's. Why did math bring about the modern world as well as being a means of explaining the universes secrets.

All I'm getting at is, that we humans are the product of the universes inability to cope with the fact that it's going to die one day. And if we don't find a way to help out, we'll get wiped out to make room for a better civilization, one that will look back at us silly monkeys and think "fuck man, I sometimes wonder how imaginary friends and petty arguments could wind up destroying a homeworld."

And if the philosophical sides of it doesn't interest you, look at it this way: If you traveled back in time and showed your fancy smartphone to the peasants of those days, you'd get killed faster than you can say "im a slave of steve jobs' tiny cock".
And you want to make the argument, that technology wont advance to the point were you would look at a time traveler and do the same.

fuck
>>
>>17244086
Except that a recent published paper suggests it's not very likely that it's a hologram or simulation.
>>
>>17249950
It's shit
I'd rate it 4/10.

Everything is too slow -- it takes forever to unlock the good stuff unless you're born into it (pre-game DLC / microtransactions); the physics are too mundane and static; you can't leave the main planet; everything fun is behind a monetary floor, so you need to grind for AGES to do anything worth playing for; it's tricky to find a life partner who suits you; there are people doing PvP everywhere; and most of all everyone is dumb as fuck. When this piece of shit when F2P it was ruined.
>>
>>17249490
Geniuses ARE insane.
>>
>>17242567
Who says we can't and don't hack it?

I've seen glitches after waking up that make no sense since they were straight geometric shapes. Any biological glitching would not be structured in this way.

Also dreams, hallucinogens, out of body experiences all offer us lite hacking tools.
>>
>>17242567
I tried watching that whole video. I failed.
>>
>>17246829
Bruh it dates back to Plato
>>
>>17243880
It's not a TAS though? TAS are edited and he plays in real time
>>
>>17256502
>Yfw you realize Life™ is a rip off of GTA but if you do ANY of the free roam stuff you die instantly and never return or get busted and sit in jail real time
>>
>>17255167
This, actually. I doubt most people have the patience for it though.
>>
>>17244409
Since its 2016 I guess it takes 20 years
>>
>>17259689
Well is a way to use your time.
>>
>>17242567

Because we're in it. That is all.
>>
>>17249664
The hard drive does get "bigger" though. Read up how storage works in the first place
>>
File: 1452601183287.jpg (85KB, 422x751px) Image search: [Google]
1452601183287.jpg
85KB, 422x751px
>>17242567
That's like saying Mario the character in the video game can hack himself and get god mode. There are no cheats in life silly faggots.
>>
>>17259889
no it's not you ruhtard
>>
>>17249311
>mindless ape
I'm black, nigga

now who's using racial slurs?
>>
>>17249664
>When a bigger hard drive is made, does the hard drive actually get bigger? No
Nigger, that's the dumbest thing I've read today
how do you think HDDs work?
>>
>>17256483
on what basis?
>>
>>17242976
>the Hadron collider could be a means to hack the universe
so could salirophilia
>>
>>17243869
anything could be:
>language
>belief
>sex
>reproduction
>life
>genetic code
>gravity
could all be "hacks"
>>
>>17244086
the logic behind that doesn't make sense.
>>
>>17244181
you're making assumptions about the nature of "the real universe" from inside the simulated one and there's no reason to think the real one is like the simulated.

it might make a nice /x/ story - it is not sound logic, though.
>>
>>17261376

welcome to /x/
>>
>>17244181
>time is infinite
if you're presupposing that the variety of all events is infinite, then when you compare the "substrates" of real universes with the number of simulations (multiple simulations within each of those substrate "real universes") then you're comparing two infinities. Even though it seems to you that one of them HAS to be larger, it doesn't actually when you're talking about infinities.

If you have studied mathematics enough to understand Cantor's types of infinity well enough to establish one of those infinities is larger than the other and it's the one you need to be larger to make your idea work then I'll agree maybe then it's more likely. Until then this is resting on unwarranted assumptions in my view.
>>
>>17244256
>Except magic is fakey fake bullshit
how do you know?
>>
>>17244487
if there isn't any way to tell, why aren't we all ashamed to use the word "real" like it means something?
>>
>>17244531
why not heaven?
>>
>>17245288
>imagine a universe of infinite size.
I had to stop here
>infinite
>size
They are logically exclusive: size is measurable, infinity is not. Something infinite has no size, like it has no location, no qualities etc.
>>
>>17261418

Fantastic argument going down here folks. Everyone buckle up for some serious shit.
>>
>>17245288
>Since we know our universe is not infinite and had a definite beginning,
we don't know this, you're confusing a particular state of matter or a history of energy patterns with "the universe".
>>
>>17245399
the double-slit experiment is not rigourous enough, it assumes a perfect scenario with no interference when they pass through the slits.
>>
>>17242567

Check out his data in the discription.

http://imgur.com/gallery/rK24p
>>
>>17245781
not him - I think it's literal.
>>
>>17246155
I'm pretty sure people have been speculating the same way since Chuang-Tzu and Plato at least - they used dream instead of simulation.
>>
>>17246200
>No one wants to die
I think you need to look at this again.
>>
>>17246814
is that actually true, though?
>>
>>17251439
merci twingo
>>
>>17242567

Amazing how much physics and math goes into a simple game like this.
>>
>>17242567
>because you are not the one playing
>>
Conventionally, time is divided into three distinct regions; the "past", the "present", and the "future". Using that representational model, the past is generally seen as being immutably fixed, and the future as undefined and nebulous. As time passes, the moment that was once the present becomes part of the past; and part of the future, in turn, becomes the new present. In this way time is said to pass, with a distinct present moment "moving" forward into the future and leaving the past behind.

Within this intuitive understanding of time is the philosophy ofpresentism, which argues that only the present exists. It does not travel forward through an environment of time, moving from a real point in the past and toward a real point in the future. Instead, the present simply changes. The past and future do not exist and are only concepts used to describe the real, isolated, and changing present.

This conventional model presents a number of difficult philosophical problems, and seems difficult to reconcile with currently accepted scientific theories such as thetheory of relativity.
>>
>>17246895
>prove that it doesn't exist
how has that been proven?
you realise proof is fallible?
>>
>>17247410
>he would have to accomplish some task which we could all verify, being poorly little bits of program that can only conform to the rules the creator gave us, in what looks to us as his infinite wisdom and expertise. he would rewrite us, but simultaneously, he would have to "convince" us to be rewritten
like "giving your life to jesus"?
>>
>>17248506
math - collective power
logic - individual power
>>
>>17249664
>the uncertainty principal,
I don't think you understand what that is - it's only something which applies to using light to locate something, it isn't an inherent law of observation.

if you learn your physics through /x/ sources it will lead you astray.
>>
>>17252284
what about consciousness?
>>
>>17255617
all these women having children late in life will accelerate the intellectual advancement of humanity a thousand-fold.
>>
>>17256502
>complains about the learning curve
>doesn't realise it has built-in measures to make the learning curve adaptable to you
>>
>>17257348
>biological glitching would not be structured geometrically
according to current neuroscientific thought you perceive everything through your brain, the entirety of the universe as you perceive it is biological
>>
>>17258592
>if you do ANY of the free roam stuff you die instantly and never return or get busted and sit in jail real time
get good
>>
File: 1453604159629.png (1MB, 986x1378px) Image search: [Google]
1453604159629.png
1MB, 986x1378px
>>17242567
>>
>>17259889
if he was sufficiently complex maybe he could, maybe he could turn it all around - maybe everything was made by a tiny insignificant character in a game who managed to hack himself.
>>
>>17260629
humans are a species of ape.
>>
>>17261505
there are other alternatives to that "intuitive" understanding of time, such as that the past is fluid and the future is fixed, or the present is fixed and past and future are fluid etc.
>>
>>17261579
we're also pigs, the only other mostly hairless land dwelling mammal
>>
>>17261637
Rhinocerous, elephant, naked mole, scabies bears.
Checkmate.
>>
>>17261637
humans are categorised as apes taxonomically, if you think we should be recategorised as pigs you will need a more thorough argument than that.
>>
>>17246071
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>17255007
>most relevant reply
>tfw ignored
>>
File: max payne - in a computer game.jpg (69KB, 800x498px) Image search: [Google]
max payne - in a computer game.jpg
69KB, 800x498px
How could we hack it from the inside?
>>
>>17262774
>tfw every time you go to play a game the characters become self-aware
>>
Have you guys not noticed that the universe is buggy as hell? There's glitches everywhere.
>>
>>17262877
I've noticed, but fuck you. What do you want me to do about it?
>>
File: images (13).jpg (20KB, 499x294px) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
20KB, 499x294px
>>17242567
>>
File: black guy limerick.jpg (31KB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
black guy limerick.jpg
31KB, 500x311px
>>17246104
>I'm sorry friend but this an old theory and most certainly not original to /x/. Morgan Freeman has narrated a documentary on it, for example.
What is the documentary called?
>>
>>17263235
I remember a MF narrated TV presentation about metabolically scaled and universal consciousness, which that anon might be referring to, but nothing in that presentation had anything to do with simulation theory.
>>
File: usa liberators.jpg (142KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
usa liberators.jpg
142KB, 500x700px
>>17258592
>>Yfw you realize Life™ is a rip off of GTA but if you do ANY of the free roam stuff you die instantly and never return or get busted and sit in jail real time
USA home of the free am i rite?
>>
>>17242567
Whenever we crack it, something new is created. We find cells, then atoms, then quarks, etc, etc, it will always break into more and more pieces. Infinite Dimensions, infinite layers.
>>
File: 2016-01-24 22.14.49.png (190KB, 715x1226px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-24 22.14.49.png
190KB, 715x1226px
>>17244474
They say speed move s at
>kilometres per hour 1080 million (1.08×109)
>miles per second 186000
>miles per hour 671 million (6.71×108)

And
>Sunlight takes about 8 minutes 17 seconds
To reach Earth.

They say the planet moves at _

This means we are seeing ourselves move with the planet
Really, really fast. Yet no friction is felt by_ comparable to the size of the planet moving so fast.
>>
File: 1450650586616.jpg (100KB, 600x703px) Image search: [Google]
1450650586616.jpg
100KB, 600x703px
>This Thread

RISE MY BRETHREN
UNLEASH YOURSELVES FROM DECEPTION

PROSPERITY AWAITS
>>
>>17265735

Quantum foam is apparently the lowest denomination of corporeality. Anything smaller than it doesn't make physical sense. I know our math isn't perfect, but that seems pretty absolute.
>>
>>17242576
You can't create something within a computer that is more powerful than the computer you created it in.
>>
File: 1arguementdesu.jpg (132KB, 1021x656px) Image search: [Google]
1arguementdesu.jpg
132KB, 1021x656px
>>17244458
So, what can I accomplish with magic?
Things I'm looking for:
Telekinesis
Levitation/Flight/Teleport
Immortality
Golems/Minions
Precognition

Any of these things possible with majicks?
>mfw materialist sciences working to actualize all of these
>>
>>17261570
>>
File: Sanic2.png (19KB, 870x870px) Image search: [Google]
Sanic2.png
19KB, 870x870px
>>17242703
You know it, kid
>>
>>17266291
Can you even Atoms?!
>>
>>17243826
Truth
>>
>>17242567

OP this is the most autistic thing I've seen in my entire life.

Thank you.

Also I don't think the universe can be hacked.
>>
>>17267319
If it exists, and it can be computed, then it can be hacked.
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.