[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a theory about the multiverse that could potentially destroy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 21

File: multiverse-1.jpg (87KB, 559x319px) Image search: [Google]
multiverse-1.jpg
87KB, 559x319px
I have a theory about the multiverse that could potentially destroy Earth or alter reality or whatever, depending on what happens in this thread.

So, there is an infinite number of universes, correct? An infinite number of realities. That means statistically, that there must be a reality where there is something like, a giant tentacle mosnter that is coming to OUR universe specifically, but for whatever reason it hasn't appeared yet. It could be possible that this is because there is another creature or power in another universe stopping that monster, and there is a universe with a monster to counter that monster and its just a giant web.

I have a theory though about this: what if we were all collectively to believe something specific would come from another universe out there at a specific time to our reality? Would it actually occur? It's possible. Let's try. Let's try it.

So, let us all believe, that at 1 AM, EST, a giant portal to Heaven will open. Let's do this. Let's make it a reality. Believe.
>>
>>17239672
Unfortunately we might be a neutral universe. All paths branch from us and nothing mystical really happens.
>>
>>17239680
Fuck that.
I want to believe.
I fucking hate this Earth. I fucking want to leave so bad.
>>
>>17239672
Ever heard of "meme magic"?
>>
>>17239672
Dis/Belief doesn't make something real or not real.

If you believe the earth is flat, it doesn't change the fact its a sphere.

And if you don't believe the moon is real, it doesn't change the fact it exists.
>>
>>17239672
>>17239701
Somebody do a pepe opening portal to heaven
>>
>>17239672
I like the way you think, but with infinite possibilities, isn't there also infinite lack of possibilities?

In other words, just because everything could happen in an infinite multiverse doesn't mean it does. There are things that are, and things aren't.

I think this is the way it would have to work for an infinite multiverse to exist. Otherwise, if it works as you've described it, while one tentacle monster can't get in, another from another universe would have already and attacked earth. If everything just IS, then we would just live in a chaotic scrambled paradox
>>
File: timetocheckout.jpg (126KB, 414x414px) Image search: [Google]
timetocheckout.jpg
126KB, 414x414px
>>17239697
You know what to do to leave...
>>
>>17239751
What if someone were to like... Sit down and just think as hard as they can, and they find a loophole for this shit, and it acutally works and they can just birth shit into existence because they know the truth now?
>>
>>17239761
I don't believe that can happen, but feel free to try. Even if it isn't possible, it would be a great premise for a work of fiction
>>
>>17239761
Knowing the truth doesn't automatically give you magical powers.
>>
>>17239697
Look lets say we are point A.
Every moment in time is a number on point A. Example A1 is 1 second behind. A2 is one second above.
Now when something dramatic happens that changes the path of A it splits off into B. Path B is connected at the point of the dramatic change yet point A remains unchanged. The point between A and B could be called C and C is the event horizon or the point of zero.
From C we can end up going down either A or B. However since we are unable to go to point C we will most likely and undoubtly remain within the universe of point A.
We live in Universe A and if we were in Universe B we would have no way of knowing it without knowing where C is.
>>
It's no use OP. There's another universe where people are posting that they're going to believe that nothing is going to happen in our universe at 1AM, and the equivalent thread in that universe is stickied, so there are a lot more believers in that thread than in this one.
>>
This is just what Tomoko wanted to do except with a giant Space monster involved.
>>
>>17239672

>theory

this isn't a theory. this is wishful thinking.
>>
>>17239672
1 AM everyone in this thread becomes the opposite gender.
You have been warned OP.
The transcendence is real :]
>>
>>17239840
So there's no way to exit this shithole?
>>
>>17239986
Not currently. We do not have the technology to reach point C.
Unfortunately we are stuck here.
Just like another version of me and you is stuck in this thread.
>>
>>17239863
underrated post
>>
>>17239697
> I fucking want to leave so bad.
I as fucking retarded as you sound, i can totally relate.
>>
>>17240045
You know what really fucks with me about that show Rick and Morty? What if our universe has it's own person that is like Rick, someone who has secretly found all this shit out and has already left?

Hey asshole - come fucking get me. Take me with you.
>>
>>17239917
Everyone here was transformed and yet they have no memory of being the opposite gender.
Brain food :]
>>
>>17239680
I think this is the most likely possibility.

The reality we exist in might be the Earth "Prime", if you will, and all other universes radiate out from us, preventing any interactions. That's unless we invent a way traverse between 'em.
>>
> "I have a theory about the multiverse that could potentially destroy Earth or alter reality or whatever, depending on what happens in this thread."

oh..good thing I tuned in then hm, wouldn't wanna miss the gods of x tampering with the state of mine and this universes reality
>>
>>17240052
But in Rick and Morty the whole multiverse sucks, not just earth
>>
>>17240468
But there is a freedom involved, a sense of adventure. I would love to visit the shitholes in other univereses and planets. Besides not all the places Rick visits suck.
>>
>>17239672
Realization magick.

Grant Morrison has been trying to do this for years - break down the walls of fictional universes by the combined belief of his readers.

Unfortunately for him, it doesn't quite work that way here. We're a "dead" universe - our laws of physics are fixed, not malleable

Shame, really
>>
>>17239704

You're such a stupid faggot just stop talking
>>
My theory is similiar but since there is a infinite number of realities fiction exists in parallel dimensions, i am just trying to figure out how to get there physically hence why i am investigating astral projection
>>
>>17239672
It wont work. Way easier to "switch" universes though. Try putting effort in that one.
>>
>>17240509
No, you. You shut up. You didn't contribute anything, you were just a rude asshole. Fuck off.
>>
>>17240514
how does one switch universes i want to go to fictional ones.
>>
There's an alternate reality where alternate realities don't exist, so our reality doesn't exist either.
>>
>>17239672
There are huge flaws in that theory. The first is your own centrism. If there are infinite universes, nothing about ours is special. By the very definition of multiverse we are preordained to a certain path (not necessarily by any higher power, just that we cannot change anything or we'd be another existing universe which undoes the idea of infinites).

The second is that if this thought pattern did work it would be unique to our universe and have nothing to do with your idea because, well, see my first point.

Only if there were finite universes would anything matter or change. Infinite goes so far beyond the scope you're considering. There is a universe where you didn't clip a hangnail 2 years ago. There's one where you did but it got infected. There's one where you did but 2 seconds later. There's one where you did 2.2 seconds later. Nothing else changes. There's one where you did 2.2 seconds later then sneezed. There's one where you did 2.2 seconds later, sneezed, and dinosaurs with balloons filled with piss invaded Sri Lanka. The same but no sneeze. Same but the balloons were all green.

See what I'm getting at? There are so many diverging points in infinity that no one action could ever change anything, only fulfill the destination for that universe.

If you want to talk about breaking that system by crossing universes or merging them it's a much bigger discussion.
>>
So it's been about an hour since 1 am est
anyone go to heaven
>>
>>17239704
I'm sorry to disappoint you but the moon is actually a hologram, it's not real.
>>
The true reason religion and science were invented is for the control of beliefs. To make people think, believe and do what you want.
Because true belief has power.

The more beliefs and scientific laws get upholded the more our universe of existence solidifies.

I can't explain it how I would like. But here's hoping this gives you an idea.
>>
>>17240514
How do you switch universes?
>>
>>17240631
You need builds up speed for 12 hours to switch into a parallel universe, just be sure to move 4 universes over and make sure your new parallel universe isn't misaligned with the prime universe or its hard to get back.
>>
>>17239672
gather speed for 12 hours and glitch through the universe.

Invent a glitching machine and we can probably walk from 1PU to the next if we can find a way to sync it. Probably something that ahs to do with Tri-polar magnets.
>>
>>17240683
It's such a pain having to realign universes, I was waiting in the terminal for hours.
>>
>>17240683
but how does one pick a specific universe to travel to i want to go to a specific fictional one
>>
>>17240527
>>17240631
Why would I tell you?

>>17240683
Havent heard about this method. How do you build up speed?
>>
Nothing guarantees or even suggests there is a multiverse. It is matheturbating pseudoscience and reaks of metaphysics as it currently stands.
>>
>>17240733
>Multiverse isn't real but skeletons and ghosts are
>Posting something this retarded on /x/
>>
>>17240757
Lol didn't say he believed in ghosts though
>>
>>17240757
Heheh
>Skeletons aren't real
Heheheheheh
>>
If that were true, there'd have been an infinite number of them that would have already arrived at every point in time before multiverse theory is stupid.
>>
>>17240717
there memeing it up raven check /v/
>>
>>17240486
Yeah, that bar where Morty almost lost his virginity to a Jellybean seemed like quite the scene.
>>
>>17239784
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one"
We can't see a 4th dimension because we don't know what to look for. But if we did, the world would look a whole lot different to us.

Like when an electrician looks at diagrams. We see lines on a paper, he sees the true function.
>>
>>17239672
kill yourself, op
>>
>>17240838
>>17240763
its this one
>>
File: fag.jpg (127KB, 538x594px) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
127KB, 538x594px
>>
>>17240500
Please step into a black hole and tell me where a runaway reaction of gravity takes all the matter that's trying to occupy one space.

When near a gravitational anomaly like that, the mathematics we use to make sense of the universe tell us that time and space will bend and twist away from our normal continuum.
>>
File: download (2).png (169KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).png
169KB, 480x360px
>>
>>17240855
I pretended to know what the fuck I was talking about once. I didn't fool anyone either.
>>
>>17240541
Well if OP means to bring about a change to this universe and it happens, then it will be a self fulfilling prophecy and he was meant to do it in this universe.
His theory doesn't go far enough.
>>
>>17240511
>trying to get there physically
>tries astral projection
>/b/rahh
>>
>>17240615
You're retarded
>>
>>17239754
Blow your face off along with a bit of frontal lobe, leaving you alive as a horribly disfigured blind retard?
>>
>>17240865
Stay mad, and continue to offer no true rebuttal. I forgive you.
>>
soon my children...
>>
>>17240899
You are asserting that because our current mathematics cannot predict what happens "inside" a black hole, everything that you can imagine must exist.
>>
>>17240919
Rather not be torn apart at a molecular level that sounds painful as shit.
Or maybe it would happen so fast you wouldn't even notice.
Or it would take a long time and the agony would be eternal.
>>
>>17239672
Those types of multiverse theories are retarded. No there's not a universe where every single thing is the same except suddenly a tentacle monster appears. If that were the case there would be at least a couple other anomalies. It would be an extremely off chance that we're one of the universes where only ONE dumb thing is destined to happen. For the most part free will exists and laws of physics are pretty constant.

The other theories about making different decisions splitting the universe are dumb too. An entirely new universe exists because you went left instead of right? A completely new realm of existence because you farted instead of held it in? Where the fuck would it even be?
>>
>>17239672
I once wrote about a magical genie who could travel through the multiverse and find me, and only obeys me and gives me infinite wishes.

Nothing happened. Multiverse is bullshit
>>
I agree with you OP, basicly, but it is not this simple. Their is a difference between believing like "yeah let's believe, it might really happen." And really beleiving. Also the thought power of any person in the world NOT beleiving this, would be way stronger than ours so ... nope wont work.
>>
>>17240896
> You're correct.

Fixed that for you, bruh.
>>
>>17239672
This is why people shouldn't be allowed to talk about multiverse.
You are all too stupid to understand it.
The Infinite Universe relies on certain rules or else its just make believe, one of the rules is that all the laws of physics that govern our universe also apply to others.
Otherwise I can easily say. That if there is an infinite number of Universes, there is a universe where its the only universe.
Thus cancelling out the Infinite Universe.
Or there is are universes where you and everyone else destroyed all other universes, leaving only yours, which creates a paradox.

So its Infinite Probability not Possibility.
E.g. all numbers between 1 and 2 is infinite. But you'll never get a 3.
>>
File: infiniteidiotmoron.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
infiniteidiotmoron.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
Durr dee hurr, I'm an infinite idiot moron. I think that infinity is so profound. It goes on for ever and ever! Whoa! I got an infinity tattoo on my arm to look super-deep. Infinite this and infinite that, infinite everything!

I don't care about actually examining the mathematical concept, and where it does and doesn't apply, I just use it as a plot device in my shitty stories and shitty RPs.

Infinity allows my infinity idioticy to not be infinite because surely there's a world where it's not infinite (but surely not this one.) That's fucking magic and why I'm an infinite idiot moron.
>>
Yes, collective conciousness can bring about huge global changes.

As for the whole multiple universes thing, apparently (in the same kind of way) the one we pay most attention to is the one we live in.
>>
>>17239672
If you look on absolute everything we are still in the early start i'll say.
Think of it more like a infinite amount of space and creation does not come into creation until we bring it into creation.

Hopefully your meme magic doesn't work because if it do, it will come out protectors destroying all the evidence and you will be held responsible for your action
>>
The issue with 1:00 A.M. is the we don't know on what time zone to agree on.
>>
>>17240919
Our current mathematics can predict what happens. But when you try to divide by infinity, the outcome looks strange.
>>
>>17242104
Infinity dived by infinity equals one, infinity divided by 2 is half infinity, infinity divided by 3, is third infinity.
>>
>>17242149
Infinity devided by anything is still infinity
>>
>>17239697
17, edgy, retarded, or all of the above?
>>
File: warning-analogies13.jpg (159KB, 750x480px) Image search: [Google]
warning-analogies13.jpg
159KB, 750x480px
>>17239701

>>17239717

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bpGStVn_ao
>>
>>17239672
>watches scyfy "documentaries"
>sees michio kaku mention string theory
>woahheschinese.io
>"multiverse you say?"
>takes it as fact
>thinks we're made of strings
>thinks our universe exists on a brane
>doesnt realise its all BS pop-sci
>>
>>17242315
>woahheschinese.io
HE'S JAPANESE YOU RACIST FUCK.
>>
File: 1443560218095.gif (3MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1443560218095.gif
3MB, 260x195px
>>17242315
>>
>>17239672
Let it snow!

Oh, wait, that was the previous stupid group activity idea.
>>
>>17239672
Infinite is not a number. It's a term of endearment used to express potential.
>>
>>17239672
>So, there is an infinite number of universes, correct?
Not correct. But it works as a hypothetical I guess.

>That means statistically, that there must be a reality where there is something like, a giant tentacle monster that is coming to OUR universe specifically
Why? Just because we suppose there are an infinite number of universes doesn't mean that every conceivable universe necessarily exists. You're thinking of alternative realities in some kind of low brow, 80's sci-fi kind of a way. It might be that traveling between universes is impossible in all universes.

>I have a theory though about this: what if we were all collectively to believe something specific would come from another universe out there at a specific time to our reality?
How would this possibly work. I mean assuming that there are infinite universes, why would the act of a bunch of monkeys burning glucose by sitting around THINKING actually allow violations of whatever barriers 'separate' dimensions? And it it could, how has this not already happened?

Your entire idea is half baked and so are you probably.
>>
>>17240615
This doesn't make sense. For example:

Dinosaurs.

By ancient standards. Dinosaur fossils usually fell into three categories of understanding "animals that were extremely rare/extinct" or "dragons".

And dragons was pretty much the prevalent theory for thousands of years. Surely all that collective belief would give later archaeologists a lot of head scratching.

Unless you're suggesting that as various sciences like biology and geology slowly grew to replace the 'dragon' theory of fossils, rewriting reality (and much of history) as they went. Which raises a whole mess of further implications that surely lead to existential nihilism. And lets not go down that road.
>>
>>17239840
it's the power of Steins;Gate
>>
File: 145158321576439.jpg (29KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
145158321576439.jpg
29KB, 640x640px
>>17239701
it's getting cold isn't it ?
>>
>>17239680
in an infinite multiverse, you're always statistically exactly as likely to be in a tentacle monster universe than not
>>
>>17239672
>That means statistically, that there must be a reality where there is something like, a giant tentacle mosnter
That's now how it works. I'm not sure if you was thought this in math class, but there are different infinites. What are you talking about is a larger infinite than how it works.
There could be a universe where you are a different gender, or a universe where Caesar wasn't assassinated, or where a nuclear war broke out. Something that realistically could be, that has a splitting point, where before two universes were the same.

Though I belive we only have one universe, the multiverse theory is just one possible explanation.
>>
> It could be possible that this is because there is another creature or power in another universe stopping that monster, and there is a universe with a monster to counter that monster and its just a giant web.

None of this shit.

Reality is infinite. So yes, this could be possible, but only because if you think reality is infinite, then everything is possible. However, that doesn't mean your little story is related to this universe.

>what if we were all collectively to believe something specific would come from another universe out there at a specific time to our reality? Would it actually occur?

There is more likelihood that it won't. You're attempting to choose one specific outcome of reality out of infinite outcomes. That means the odds of making this happen are 1 to infinity.
>>
>>17247682
you have a higher chance of winning the Powerball.
>>
>>17247622
The multiverse theoretically contains a universe for each and every possible superposition of electrons and every other possible particle, and that's just describing the infinity of universes with physical laws and dimensions identical to ours.

Random quantum fluctuations could, in principle, spontaneously gather and break matter/antimatter symmetry to create particles out of pure vacuum. It's just incredibly unlikely.

Mathematically speaking, in an infinite multiverse, there is indeed a dimension where you spontaneously transform into a duck three seconds after reading this post.
>>
File: 1411846392797.jpg (1MB, 2400x1575px) Image search: [Google]
1411846392797.jpg
1MB, 2400x1575px
>>17240137
>>17239697
>>17239680

How is this any different from the "Geocentric" view of the solar system and indeed the universe that we used to argue for?

It seems like the same argument only recast in a different manner, that we are somehow unique of all the trillions and trillions of multiverses or parallel universes out there (assuming the theory is correct) instead of us being just a single multiverse of an infinite variety, no special place or privilege among all the rest of the trillions of multiverses.

Not saying I don't agree or disagree, just that that's what this reminds me of.

Anyways I love the idea of multiverses and parallel universes because that means the chance of another universe with humans like us, maybe even drastically similar to us in every way, is very very high and humanity will never truly be annihilated and forgotten in the grandest scheme of things, there may always be humans in some form in some multiverse, existing and going about their human business which is of good comfort in case we fuck up and ruin this chance in our universe to escape the confines of our solar system and our homeworld and spread out throughout the galaxy.

Where we fail others may succeed.

Seriously the idea that humans are unique to this universe only and should we all be wiped out humanity will never again know existence terrifies the shit out of me.
>>
File: 1436337227845.jpg (75KB, 536x679px) Image search: [Google]
1436337227845.jpg
75KB, 536x679px
>>17247730
>>
>>17247711
I think I found a way to travel to other universes. I think I'm currently in one wh... quack.
>>
File: 1442498368629.jpg (819KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1442498368629.jpg
819KB, 1920x1080px
>>17247755
That's not really helpful.
>>
>>17247792
All things pass. Nothing's going to help that
>>
>>17239672
Noting that you could do could broke the universe,
At tops you could bend reality.
>>
>>17240535
>There's an alternate reality where alternate realities don't exist, so our reality doesn't exist either.
>>17240535

Then by definition that 'alternate reality' you mentioned would never exist.
>>
>>17247810
This. maybe its some concrete law of the multiverse that no one multiverse can affect the other in order to prevent such paradoxes so we will never interact with them even if they do exist but if we can never interact with them on any sense do they really even exist?

Fuck man
>>
File: pocket watch.jpg (491KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pocket watch.jpg
491KB, 1200x1200px
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” - Tesla

Quantum Physics suggest that everything is energy. If you cracked open an atom you'd find energy. Now for that to move or let's say behave a certain way you need a frequency, which generates vibrations.

Because everything is vibrating to a certain frequency the energy translates it into the things we see. So far simple enough and now you can go from here.
Try to tune yourself to a different frequency.
Would be a tricky part if it wasn't so obvious.
Take water for example. Let it cool down considerably so it begins to freeze and while doing so turn up music of any kind and see the result under the microscope. Clear as day you can observe the difference between various sounds.

One step further: The human body contains roughly 50-75% of water. Apply the same experiment to humans and you easily influence, sway, manipulate, crush or lift people with your words. Remember you need to actually talk face to face to have an effect. Think in soundwaves.

Why is it important to know that?

Why? Because it gives you a simple and yet unbelievable huge advantage to
better grasp nature per se and what makes it move.

So now that we covered the basics it's up to you to decide how you want to interact with world. There is of course more to it than simply talking or changing your linguistic but it is a start and I'm tired as hell.
>>
>>17247816
But would even the possibility of free thought, which involves an option to consider the possibility of multiple universes, then be considered interaction?

Would thinking about a multiverse be interaction with that multiverse?
>>
>>17239672
There are an infinite number of values between 3 and 4, but none of them are 5.

It's also likely that interdimensional/universal travel is not possible, and that there are a finite number of universes.
>>
>>17239697
If you are still hating, then you aren't ready for the full cosmos. You'll stay in your kindergarden bubble until you move past good and bad.
>>
File: 1430560875287.jpg (41KB, 499x562px) Image search: [Google]
1430560875287.jpg
41KB, 499x562px
>>17247816
>>17247874
You fucking retards, negative principles don't actually exist or have an existence. There aren't an infinite infinity of universes identical to this one for every time a pink elephant doesn't exist somewhere
>>
>>17247906
i-is that the original image?

its been so long I cant recall
>>
>>17239672
>theory
No
>>
>>17247906
>There aren't an infinite infinity of universes identical to this one for every time a pink elephant doesn't exist somewhere

Man I hope so because I hate that idea, consider a multiverse branch off for just a single quark being in some different position compared to another, and then that single branch branching off into an infinity of universes equal or completely different to this one just for the single state of one quark.

Christ its madness to think about that, you could probably end up with something like a Googol amount of multiverses where there is only one thing different between another, and then near infinite variations of that particular multiverse, so and so forth, what a messy multiverse that would be.
>>
>>17242153
You're kind of right, in that infinity is not a 'something', it is by definition impossible to comprehend.
Infinity divided by infinity is indeed 1.
A fraction of infinity is however a contradiction so the rest of what they state is incorrect.
>>
>>17247932
>Man I hope so because I hate that idea, consider a multiverse branch off for just a single quark being in some different position compared to another, and then that single branch branching off into an infinity of universes equal or completely different to this one just for the single state of one quark.

There's no reason to hate that idea. The universe doesn't care if the difference is the path of the bullet that killed JFK, or the path of the hackey-sack being kicked around by the least relevant hippie in the 60s. Every universe is unique, but an infinite number are similiar.

We never truly die.
>>
>>17247857
so this is the secret to exiting this dimension?
>>
>>17247711
Is there a universe where cartoons are a reality?
>>
File: 1452486541584.png (405KB, 715x715px) Image search: [Google]
1452486541584.png
405KB, 715x715px
>>17247480
he comes

[spoiler] LMAO XDXD [/spoiler]
>>
File: Time travel.png (16KB, 765x688px) Image search: [Google]
Time travel.png
16KB, 765x688px
I hope it helps you.
>>
>>17239680
This is more or less how things work, so only possible permutations occur. Your monster would have to already exist for your scenario to work, but even then, inter dimensional travel requires a low density and a creature as immense as yours would be very dense.
>>
>>17239672
But if there's an infinite amount of universes with a finite amount of inter-dimensional tentacle monsters wouldn't that make the chance of this happening a complete 0%?
>>
File: 1444166254873.png (108KB, 298x338px) Image search: [Google]
1444166254873.png
108KB, 298x338px
>>17247792
I know that feel, anon
>>17247800
>>17247755
Anytime I want to think of the scariest thing in existence, it's that right there.
>>
>>17247915
Yeah it is
>>
>>17239672

Heaven is sex.

We enter parallel realities in our dreams.

Once you gain control of the dreamworld you are free.
>>
>>17250562
>Once you gain control of the dreamworld you are free.
Suppose one could, IDK psshhh,.....maybe
Get to such a point in that skill where they could disconnect from their physical self and exist in some kind of a never ending dreamworld? I had this theory when I was a kid that perhaps if death is like sleep, maybe heaven and hell are like dreams and only the guilty are stuck with the eternal nightmare of hell replaying over and over on loop
>>
>>17241702
A universe being the only universe could work though.

Picture it like all the universes are in your left hand, but the lone universe is in your right hand.
The left hand can observe the right hand, but the right hand can't observe the left.

So from the perspective of the right one, it is the only one in existence.
>>
>>17239672
Your idea is stupid.

First off, do you really think there would be enough people posting on /x/ right now that they could sit there and think hard enough to alter reality?

And secondly, if this were possible, why isn't Santa claus real?
If the collective will of the millions of kids who truly believe in Santa isn't enough to alter our reality then nothing is.
>>
>>17250562
>Heaven is sex.
Sounds like something a 12 year old would say

>We enter parallel realities in our dreams
[citation needed]
>>
File: Josh Groban black eyes.jpg (445KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Josh Groban black eyes.jpg
445KB, 1000x1000px
>>17250603
>If the collective will of the millions of kids who truly believe in Santa isn't enough to alter our reality then nothing is.
>mfw where's your Christmas spirit once a year, anon?
IIIIIFFFFFF YOOOUUUU JUUUSSSSTTT BBBEEEELLIIEEEVVVVEEEE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhEvxNhqM0M
Serious tho,.... he looks like a fucking black eyed demon person in this pic
>>
If there are infinite number of realities then there must be a one where that rule doesn't apply. If that is the case, then how do we know we aren't living in that exception?
>>
>>17240683
This dude knowns
>>
What signifies a split into another universe though? If you think about it the number of universes could have as little of a difference as an electron phasing into one position around its nucleus instead of another. Think of every particle of matter that could be in point B instead of point A at every single moment in time. The vast majority of universes are going to have such benign differences that it's just unfathomable.

Also as you go through your life think about every millisecond several alternative versions of you died peacefully or horrifically. Every second you're driving down the road think about the you that just died in a horrible accident or mechanical failure burning to death in the car you're sitting in. Every single second of your life there are countless alternate yous just flickering out of existence.
>>
There isn't an infinite multiverse. Where is the universe that breaches our universe and turns everything into cactus's in exactly 8 seconds ago?

There may be a finite multiverse where all universes are independent of the rest.
>>
>>17239672
Bump
>>
>>17250659
>>17250878

Infinite realities does NOT necessitate "any and all varieties of realities." For instance, thee could be an infinite number of - for example - ten types of realities. Then, like rolling a 6-sided die, all the infinite realities will have one of those ten types of reality, and no reality will have drastically different parameters.
>>
>>17239672
>Depending on what happens in this thread
>in this thread
/thread
>>
File: paolo girardi.jpg (156KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
paolo girardi.jpg
156KB, 720x720px
>>17250555
How is it even possible to stop caring about the flow of time ?

This is killing me.
>>
>>17239863
Bumping this underrated post
>>
>>17239672
Citation needed.
The only concept that is infinite is the measurement of time. The tiniest planck scale movement is still considered entropy, and thus time continues.

>/thread
>>
>>17239672

No.
>>
>>17249634
I'm the real slim shady.
>>
>>17239672
/pol/ holds the copyright on meme magic
>>
>>17240836
charlie take your meds
for fuck's sake, which time is it this week already?
>>
>>17239672
bump
>>
>>17247810
Pretty sure that is what he was getting at.
>>
File: 1451694665683.gif (3MB, 400x351px) Image search: [Google]
1451694665683.gif
3MB, 400x351px
>>17239672
Multiverses aren't created with the power of "believe"
It takes a possibility.
Example.
I fucked your mom. in a paralel universe your mom aborted and you didn't born to make this thread.
>>
>>17239672
>theory

Have you proven your hypothesis yet?
>>
File: 1437875495995.gif (27KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1437875495995.gif
27KB, 200x200px
>>17239672
The funny thing is all of these theories are created from the minds of human beings, who or what can ever know what's real? Why should humans know the truth or what's real? Or if any of the gods are real?
>>
>>17257096
That one shiny spot on his head doesn't move and that bothers me
>>
>>17240717
Oh, wh
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.