[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid dreaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I wanna hear peoples experience with lucid dreaming. What made you try it, if it worked, any good stories you have about it or info to give to someone new to it. Also I know there's a sleep paralysis thread already, but I've dealt with it my whole life so I'm not opposed to hearing about that, or how it may tie in with lucid dreaming.
>>
>>17239354
I've had 3 lucid dreams, each one was an awesome experience. Never tried none of the techniques to become lucid, all mine came because a dream was so damn ridiculous that I realized I was dreaming and went from there.
>>
Kind of spooky. I just started trying to lucid dream and eanted to come here to see if anyone tried it as well. I went to lucidology.com and the tips seem solid, but I can't do it. The closest I've come is realising it's a dream then I immediately wake up.
>>
>>17239354
Dreams are very fun but I always get wrapped up in the story that is unfolding before my eyes.
>>
have a system to verify full lucidity
my system is two parts
thumb through palm.
after that i go and draw on the ground a circle, triangle, and square next to each other in that order. if i do not complete that task i do not consider myself fully lucid in the dreams.
there's different levels of lucidity also.
if you can do the preplanned task of the thumb through palm followed by the drawing of shapes in a specific order you can also do the mission that you have planned in the dream
>>
>>17239462
The three times I was able to do it was right after waking up in the middle of the night and going back to sleep, keep trying it will happen.
>>
>>17239354
Lucid dreaming isn't real.
>>
>>17239482
I get woken up every night about 2 a.m. by the s/o going to bed. Should I try focusing my thoughts on something when going back to sleep?
>>
>>17239489
what is real?
>>
>>17239495
Israel.
>>
>>17239493
Yes, I read that's the easiest because you are still half sleep.
>>
>>17239470
That seems to be my problem. I never really notice any of the key signs of lucidity because I'm usually having an ok time just going with the dream. I need to figure out how to make myself look for these things
>>
>>17239462
Same thing with me. Just had a chance to lucid dream a few nights ago.
>be sleeping
>got pulled over
>failure to use turn signal
>cop arrests me
>tells me I could do 15 years because of not using turn signal
>yeah okay this is a dream
>instantly wake up

Every fucking time
>>
It's pretty bomb, OP. About 80% of dreams I do have are lucid, although sometimes I let them run themselves. If I didn't like how something happened, I can reset the scene like a director. Makes it easier to stay in the dream. More recently, I haven't been dreaming at all given late nights and stuff.

I've had dreams where I could fly by doing a weird flip technique. In others, you can manipulate little subtleties to change the direction of the story. Calm settings make for easier fantasies to construct. If you start with a nightmare, you'll likely keep most of the tension.

If you have any sort of navigation sense, it contributes to retaining the areas in your dream. It's super impressionist so you can't get into the minute details, but having a general idea works.

Some of the easier lucidity checks are eliciting a response from your own body. Look at a mirror briefly. Start counting. Talk to someone. Walk to familiar places. If there's lapses, you gain a little bit of understanding without breaking the limits. Stuff like checking time fucks it up too much. You get paranoid of real time like you're late or something and it ruins the immersion.

As weird as it sounds, accept the "pre-histories" that occur in the dream. You might not be yourself or something could have happened that everyone in the dream knows about and you come to "remember" it although it never happened.

If your dream is interrupted, you can usually jump back into it so long as the time you're interrupted doesn't exceed 20 minutes and it takes you about 10 minutes to fall asleep, but you have to be trying to recall the dream. It won't be the same, but it'll get you through to the morning satisfied with the "half-dream" you're able to put together.
>>
>>17240083
What's causing my problems? How do I go about staying in the dream? I dont get excited or anything I stay completely calm yet once I know Im dreaming I wake up instantly.
>>17240004
>>
>>17240120
It does honestly take a bit of time to become familiar with it. For one, you can't go to sleep hoping that you'll lucid dream. A dream has to occur where you are aware. Then you have to sort of autopilot it to a point where you can interact. You don't have to actively do anything, if you will it something will happen. It might not be the intended effect, but that's how you start setting yourself in the dream.

Again, understanding "where" you are is less groundbreaking than what is happening. If you draw that you aren't anywhere you know, the sensation of being lost shouldn't startle you out it. Interacting with others, or operating things is a more delicate method. Sometimes, you are familiar with "who" someone is in the dream, but they appear totally different. Another thing, but should go without saying, the less real-looking a dream is, the harder it will be to control. You're going for something that's vaguely like reality; something where you have a life you're living and that you're able to jump into without it being a problem.

Also, that stuff about dreaming in color is crock. I've had lucid B&W dreams.
>>
I've a very vague memory of putting my hands together and cracking them outward to produce a fireball. Lucid dreams always escape me. But I'll keep trying.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.