[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: 1451963289792.gif (386KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1451963289792.gif
386KB, 500x281px
/x/,
I've been browsing this board for a while, simply out of curiosity, and as of recent, to see if there really is something out there that can't be readily explained by our cold reason and logic.

If you'd like to entertain me for a moment, I want to pose the following question:
>Have you ever felt that you've been contacted by some sort of deity, whether through dreams or intense meditation?

I'd like to tell you about an experience I had, just a few nights ago. Maybe someone can clarify it for me.

For your convenience, I'll greentext it.

>Be me
>18 years old, freshman in college
>Recently got into meditation at the recommendation of a good friend
>Never really been into all of that jazz, but, whynot
>Recently became a Christfag after resolving some issues regarding my perception of the hypostatic union, while baked
>Four nights ago, I lay on my couch, at 3:00 AM, with all of the lights off, to try meditating
>Used a really basic form; imagined an elevator in motion, opening at X amount of floors
>Gave 50-1 a shot, in decreasing order
>Breathe deeply, imagine a neon green sign/indicator above the elevator doors which changes with each floor
>Count from 50-20 in this manner, not hard, but becomes increasingly difficult
>I soon begin to feel like my consciousness is drifting; I was fully awake, but I felt like I was dissipating
>Begin to feel this feeling of sinking downward into myself, like I were being rolled up
>20-10; Counting becomes more laborious; I begin to struggle as I feel a series of evil presences around me (Note: I'm skeptical about the existence of demons and what have you)
>Reach 10, shit's incredibly difficult at this point.
>I begin to have this feeling of anxiety at my reaching 1, like something big were going to happen
>My breathing becomes shallow, I become "immersed" with each floor.
>I reach 1, and I feel a break in something.
>I hear an old man's voice, whom I recognize as my father, even though he's fast asleep in the next room.
>>
File: Agathon 21.png (9KB, 405x41px) Image search: [Google]
Agathon 21.png
9KB, 405x41px
(Cont.)
>The old man is speaking in some language unintelligible to me. I say this because he spoke, but not with words I could hear, but with words that I could "grasp" at with my mind's eye.
>I begin to see this mist creep up on me at the periphery of my vision.
>I realize now that I am standing in a church, center of the aisle, facing a row of pieces which are directed toward the altar (I'm perpendicular)
> My mind goes blank momentarily as I see something, stretched out in my mind's eye.
>It's lettering, in an archaic font - but it's written in Greek. (I'm a Bio and Classics double major, btw).
>"Ephesians 6:17" pops into my head when I look at the text in my mind's eye.
>I snap out of it, get up, find my interlinear bible, and look up the passage.

Here it is:

6:17 And take the helmet of salvation 35 and the sword 36 of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

6:17 kαὶ τὴν περιkεφαλαίαν τοῦ σωτηρίου δέξασθε kαὶ τὴν μάχαιραν τοῦ πνεύματος, ὅ ἐστιν ρῆμα θεοῦ.

I've looked up an exegesis of the passage, but I don't know what to think.

What does it all mean, /x/?
>>
File: 1450707937848.jpg (234KB, 506x722px) Image search: [Google]
1450707937848.jpg
234KB, 506x722px
no idea, but you might be able to get something out of this
http://www.sivanandaonline.org/public_html/?cmd=displaysection&section_id=936
>>
>>17238306

Thanks, anon.
This has just left me puzzled for the past few days.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_choice_quantum_eraser

cant be explained with cold reason, logic, an any experimental apparatus designed so far.

but im sure a buttload of drugs would provide a breakthough, lol
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.