[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fran Bow is a point-and-click videogame that takes references

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: descarga.jpg (42KB, 960x504px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
42KB, 960x504px
Fran Bow is a point-and-click videogame that takes references to supernatural beings.
The main developer, Natalia Figueroa, used as inspiration her personal experiences from when she was mentally ill.

I'm specially interested in Itward, the imaginary friend who looks like a skelleton, who was Natalia's friend as a child.

I remember once in /x/ somebody mentioned entities that approach children to teach them things

Do you know anything else about this game?
Any thoughts on supernatural references of this game?
>>
No, sorry.
But here's a bump for you!
>>
>>17236926

the best would be just to play it through yourself. It's a game that really pulled at my heartstrings as i've lost both of my parents as well which caused a row of mental breakdowns.

The supernatural aspect is relative in this game.
To every imaginary creature or land theres a real life counterpart.
My friend who is not mentally ill had a completely different view about the ending than i did, kinda reminds me of the time i watched Shutter Island with him.
>>
>>17237076
I'm playing it, I haven't finished it though.

would you mind telling more about your friend's interpretations of the movie?
>>
>Who has dreams like you have two heads?
>>
game is alright, is really spooky in the beginning but turns more like wtf is going on and also the end is well idk weird too like it was missing some thinking or alot.
>>
But is there in the supernatural lore something like the kamalas and valookas?
>>
>>17237182

He was sure that DiCaprios character was mentally ill while I kept doubting it. It is what the movie wants you to believe to justify the happenings/killings.
I think everyone else on Shutter Island was the crazy one
>>
Sorry, anon
nothing to contribute on supernatural references, Just wanted to say this game is fucking awesome and more of you niggers need to play it.
>>
>>17240851

The Kamalas are the physical shell thats left after death (bones, blood) while the Valokas are kinda see-through ghost like fairies (soul)
Now this reminds me a lot of Norse or Baltic folklore.
Some Pagan cults hold the belief that everything that grows and changes lives and has a soul (which would fit to the Kingdom of Ithersta)
Palontras kinda resembles a dragon which in the Chinese folklore hold power over flowing water.
>>
>>17241212

mind you that in Finnish the word valokas means "something somwhere it's bright" and kamala is "horrible"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.