[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time Travel FAQ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 289
Thread images: 29

January 2016 has come as promised and it's time I answer some questions about the nature of time and time travel. While I won't be able to answer all your questions, this is nevertheless the year time travel will begin to see proper development, so I'm in a position to tell you 99% of what you need to know to get things rolling.

I'll start by answering the most important question nobody thought to ask:
>success in time travel requires a strong ability to ignore reality

This is so because otherwise you'd end up caught in the affairs or the first time period you jump to. It takes a strong mind to understand that your time needs you so much more than the past does. The past can wait, most times, so make sure you get back to your original era before too long.
>>
explain paradox resolution
>>
>>17228409
Then all of /x/ will be successful.
>>
How to begin travel?
>>
>>17228467
Precisely so. Who else would take time travel seriously long enough to create a practical device?
>>17228454
Causal paradoxes aren't true paradoxes. Ideally, we all live in similar enough versions of history such that we all have access to the same set of timelines. Unfortunately, and particularly in the case of people directly interacting with their past, this is not always the case. To resolve this situation and make such divergent timeliness accessible to the rest of history again, the nature of the modifications must be understood. Once we have a tactical map of the given modifications, we can work to create coordinate systems that allow us to travel between the two divergent worlds with minimal extraneous divergence.
>>17228498
Want to. Absolutely nobody will waste their time trying to move you through time unless you were already planning on doing it. It would be a waste of time to give engineering schematics to someone that has as much desire to more through time as a rock does. Basically, you want to have temporal characteristics that are distinct from that of an inanimate object. From the vantage point of the future, the past often appears very inanimate.
>>
File: 1443466856210.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1443466856210.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
How similar do you consider "real" time travel to be to that in the film Primer?
>>
>>17228571
So I already know that we don't exist, so ignoring reality is not a issue,

So if I understood if you go back in time you just are visiting a alternative timeline?
>>17228571
So it we visit the past we are travelling to different timeline in the quantum universe?
>>
Is it a machine you need to time travel?
In case yes wich materials?
>>
>>17228585
I wouldn't know, I haven't seen it yet.
>>17228593
>I already know that
In general, time travel changes what you think you know. It's hard to step through that gate without understanding that something freakishly unintuitive is happened. Panic is a very common symptom. It can be hard to tell which is worse: Future shock or the "I'm in my own past" existential crises.
>we don't exist
Time travel will reaffirm your existence significantly.
Don't expect your beliefs to remain the same when traveling though time. In many ways it can be like a psychedelic trip.
>if you go back in time you just are visiting a alternative timeline?
No. That IS your past, most of the time. It's not an alternate world unless you push its future to deviate from the other future you came from. In that case the past is still the same shared past, but the futures are "alternate" versions of each other.
>the quantum universe?
No. Entanglement is an acausal mechanism but it doesn't work like quantum physics posits. Suffice to say, the quantum world emerges when you try to push acausality out of classical physics.
>>17228599
Yes, you'll need a calibrated device. The materials aren't the hard part in designing a temporal device.
>>
>>17228677
And can you tell us from which materials it's made?
>>
>>17228707
Detailed schematics & production process are always good, too.
>>
>>17228409

True, it requires such a deep meditation the world finishes it's matrix round.

Painful lonely stuff, not recommended.
>>
>>17228749
So what you recommend for love and control satan?
>>
>>17228707
The materials aren't relevant. Each era has their own unique type of temporal device, specifically constructed to deal with the issues introduced by prior generations. The physical reactions involved in warping space-time are classified information for this time period. The only clue I can safely give at this time is that you'll need to rewind to the pre-quantum era and start your research from that vantage point. Think of particle physics as globally coordinated misdirection to delay the invention of temporal technology.
>>17228738
Listing information in that format would benefit the wrong temporal parties.
>>17228739
No. Time travel has never been invented for the purposes of saving the past from near-extinction. It has been used opportunistically, to prevent certain types of disasters that turned out to be reversible for certain tangents of history, but nobody's really bothered to invent it for the sake of saving the past.

The general reasoning of the future if that the past had to happen the way it did for them to exist as they do. It's another type of existential fear that we do our best to address with timeless reasoning.

Islam has a limited set of temporal properties that make it moderately ideal for future manipulation. It has been the subject of considerable criticism in the future, but without an obviously safer solution, it stands to reason that there are explicit efforts to prevent such solutions from forming. It isn't hard to imagine who might benefit from such suppression.
>>
>>17228778
>Listing information in that format would benefit the wrong temporal parties.
Fair enough.
Would still like to see something for proof reasons and personal curiosity...meaning, I personally would like to have this technology to benefit myself, as well as the planet as a whole, as I'm sure most anons here would.
>>
Are you here on 4chan to guide the first one that will invents time traval? or has your visit here nothing to do with that?

Another question: say someone from another timeline has fucked things up really bad and is now trapped in this timeline? Is there a way out?
>>
Will the future use something that they call blockchain for using transactions?
>>
>>17228812
>myself, as well as the planet as a whole
Your priorities are wrong; the planet as whole came before you by a significant margin. You are not separate from the needs of the planet. Clearly you should want to protect the thing that makes you possible before you work for your own benefit.

This is basic causal reasoning here. You have the solemn duty of protecting your own origin point, if nothing else. That means protecting every origin point that led to your origin. Nobody but you can protect your origins as effectively as you can.
>>17228824
>to guide the first one
No. It's more accurate to say I'm here to ensure the future goes off without a hitch. Even if it shifts beyond what it knows how to repair. I'm working to protect every origin point that extends from every action I take here. 99.9% of the time, that means I have to silently observe without recommending any intervention. Observation gets exponentially harder the longer the duration you wish to observe.

>Is there a way out?
In general, no. You should assume that every point in time that doesn't directly follow your own origin point is a lethal trap. The moment a portal closes with you on the "alternate" (non-original) side is the moment you are lost in time. This doesn't have to be a permanent circumstance, but it certainly has that tendency among the undisciplined.

So long as you didn't come here to explicitly ruin all possible futures that would've invented time travel, though, the most reliable way to travel to the far future is to make an illegal jump to the past.

The only tragedy in time travel is losing access to the possibility of future navigation.
>>17228852
The future will use everything at some point. Otherwise it wouldn't have led history along the paths of technological progression you see around you. Someone will benefit from each unique technology.
>>
>>17228887
>Clearly you should want to protect the thing that makes you possible before you work for your own benefit.
Or, you know, shape it in your image.
Not like you'll do anything more than talk in circles here, anyway...like every other thread about time travel.
>>
>>17228887
You really need ti define your mechanics a bit better. Are we talking about consciousness shifting across temporal lines or actual full-body transportation?

Those are two very different things.

Also, are you the "permanent stance" anon? You write like him and I could never understand what the hell that guy was going on about. Elaboration now, maybe?
>>
>>17228887
">No. Time travel has never been invented for the purposes of saving the past from near-extinction. It has been used opportunistically, to prevent certain types of disasters that turned out to be reversible for certain tangents of history, but nobody's really bothered to invent it for the sake of saving the past.

The general reasoning of the future if that the past had to happen the way it did for them to exist as they do. It's another type of existential fear that we do our best to address with timeless reasoning.

Islam has a limited set of temporal properties that make it moderately ideal for future manipulation. It has been the subject of considerable criticism in the future, but without an obviously safer solution, it stands to reason that there are explicit efforts to prevent such solutions from forming. It isn't hard to imagine who might benefit from such suppression."

this is a shitty non-sequitur answer that makes you look like a fraud.

How would you identify a tangent that never would occur for yourself in the future already?

---

I have asked from you time travel people already about my own identity, and since you never know my name, I presume you are all frauds. I am not famous, but I am infamous.

Also, are you aware that the movie predestination is almost entirely non-fiction.
No jokes.

There is little that happens on this planet that I am not privy to.
>>
>>17228932
Yes, I authored a permanent stance in time and a couple seed bills of rights for a yet-to-be nation or else a yet-to-be policy to be adopted by existing nations at the advent of time travel. Currently that path of history is diluted significantly by my desire to observe the timeline in silence. My goal isn't to work with the present, but an eventual type of future that never suffers a globally catastrophic event. I'm aiming for a very specific tangent of history without my observations.

I write about physical time travel. I usually envision human-sized portals that open for ten to fifteen seconds for the purposes of transporting people. I call this "active jumping." More advanced futures may be able to create permanent portals with full acausal security measures.

My basic goal is to grant acausal rights to the past, particularly proper protection. At it stands, the past is generally considered a technicality to divide out of our coordinate systems rather than treating it as a dynamic system in its own rights.
>>17228941
>that makes you look like a fraud
I suppose there's no getting around that in this time period. Unless given the authority to jump to someone's doorstep, there's not much I can do or say that would really matter in a physical manner.

>I am infamous.
The future tends to ignore infamy because giving it attention generally means creating origin points off of it eventually. Think of it like censorship, but with the consent of the people rather than a top-down dictated surrender of information. I guess it would be more accurate to think of it as a warning label.
>>
>>17228941
"Pleased to meet you won't you guess my name?"

Listening to the Stones a lot lately? Mick Jagger is looking a bit unstable. Don't worry though. He'll be fine.
>>
>>17228990
>My goal isn't to work with the present, but an eventual type of future that never suffers a globally catastrophic event.

Ok that's noble and you do whatever you think would fix that. I always figured some form of "mass quantum immortality" was preventing that sort of thing from occurring naturally. What you are proposing seems more active or, at least, seems like it would need to be more active. Elaborate again, please. How are you planning on getting to the "eventual type of future"?

>I'm aiming for a very specific tangent of history without my observations.

Also needs clarification.
>>
>>17228990
Im not sure what you are refering too...

I'm infamous at the moment, in the future I obviously wont be, I'll be well known for the works, even the things I have already accomplished would overshadow any other human being...

Are you familiar with the spiritual technology to transport consciousness through time and space, I remember developing it, but at this time, its out of my grasp... I also developed physical time-travel through the use of the mind alone, and I know you won't believe that. But that too was something I first was told to stop (for my own 'health'), and then lost ability for through some subsequent instability with memory, which was necessary for my greater work.

Are you aware that the time travel aspects of Riley Rewind is also non-fiction?
>>
>>17229028
at this point if you cant spell my name, or my initials I will know you are fraud...

Also, I was pointing an inconsistency with your explaination, the fact that you talk about 'teleporting' outside my door, just creates more instability with your credibility.

Why would you venture into the past, to combat existential fears about tangential disasters that never even ended up occurring for yourselves already!????
>>
Is there a timeline where Germany won WW1 or WW2? If so, what happened? Was that timeline a good one?
>>
>>17229028
How much time has passed for you since your last thread, the one before this.
>>
So this is just another thread full of 'enlightened' faggots who claim to hold the secret of the universe?
Is op schizophrenic or mentally retarded?
>>
>>17229070
r u trollin?
what?
>>
>>17229088
no, I said I forgot the keys in old memories... so yeah... I forgot the secrets of time and space!
Don't hold em anymore, but I guess I never fully came up with them myself, I used two reference books, which were very distinctly different alchemical tomes left behind by some wannabe magicians... and I used them to engage the HG into time and space manipulation...
>>
>>17229025
Active jump works for me, but I'd have to schedule it. That has its own complication. Hopefully there'll be a passive path that allows me to continue my stance of non-intervention. Unfortunately, there are a number of factions that want to prevent every bit of tangent that moves in that direction. I don't mind it, but it does prolong the duration of observation I'll subscribe to until the tangent configures itself.

>aiming [...] with my observations.
Sorry, that was a typo.
>>17229028
>overshadow any other human being
Sorry, that's not desirable in any future. We've tested that hypothesis extensively.
>at this time, its out of my grasp
That's what it's like to be in the past, yes. You're not special in locality.
>fiction
It's hard to make proper time travel fiction without some future eventually reacting to the ideas that spread from it. I'm hoping my work can be seen as a valid alternative to fiction manipulation on a wide scale.
>>17229052
Because that future is among many that understand that their future is not the only one. We're trying to work together, not work to separate ourselves from each other. The more timelines we can guide together, the more peace we can create over the whole of our collective continuum.
>>17229068
It's highly probable. Some models predict that all armed conflicts in history would necessarily be the result of shifts in the temporal structure of history. Under that model, every war was won by all sides. There would necessarily be a timeline for every outcome.

I've never been there.
>>17229088
>enlightened
I certainly wouldn't make such a claim. I also don't hold the secrets of the universe, but I know a fair bit about the nature of time, time travel, and time travel resolutions.
>>
>>17229088
OP made a bunch of threads before this that sounded pretty schizo. As a result he got few replies and was also a bit more, uh, hostile or just generally unresponsive? They're floating around in the 4plebs archive and if you use his trip you can find them. They're pretty weird. One of them is a "Time Traveller's Bill of Rights" or some such.
He's bizarre enough and not too special snowflake that I'm monitoring this thread.

>>17229052
>>17229028
>This faggot on the other hand...
>>
>>17229108
>very distinctly different alchemical tomes left behind by some wannabe magicians
I don't usually engage in fiction analysis, but what time period do you claim to be from in your last life or otherwise "old memories"?
>>
So.. How do I build a time machine?
>>
>>17229110
>We're trying to work together
how do you interact with other timelines?
since everything is possible as there are infinite timelines, is there an evil timeline that just wants to destroy everything? if so, what are you doing about them?
>>
>>17229110
Are you claiming you can time travel?
>>
>>17229132
this life, when i was fairly young. I knew people who were in occult circles, or I was introduced to them.
>>
File: A3eygcX.jpg (129KB, 572x845px) Image search: [Google]
A3eygcX.jpg
129KB, 572x845px
What happens to America in the future, does it even exist? Does Trump get stumped?
>>
>>17229110
>>17229025

Let me clarify, then. I appreciate your goal and I want to assist you however possible. However, you aren't elaborating much on how that's possible for any of us here. Or yourself, although I can at least understand that you would want to guard that information.

How can a future without a global catastrophe arise: does it do so naturally, or with intervention? How does the tangent configure itself?
>>
Is there such thing as the new world order or someting?
>>
>>17229110
what's the difference between a 401k and a pension?
>>
>>17229135
He already said he won't answer that, which is the one question I'm sure everyone here would like an ACTUAL answer to.
Basically makes this thread about as valuable as used toilet paper.
>>
>>17229130
>hostile or just generally unresponsive?
I certainly hope my explicit silence isn't seen as hostile.
>>17229135
To start out you'll need a firm understanding of the theory of general relativity. A lot has been written on it already so that won't be too much of a challenge to learn if you really care to learn it, but there's also some obfuscation about the nature of electricity and magnetism. Your initial goal isn't to warp space as such, but to "bulge" or "dent" it in a way that allows for primitive acausal interaction. It requires a firm understand of acausal reasoning before you'll be able to detect that anything out of the ordinary is happening. Temporal experiments tend to be pretty intricate and general relativity has a certain tendency to weed out people that don't have it in them to understand the subtler intricacy.
>>17229144
>if so, what are you doing about them?
Spreading public knowledge in a non-alarmist way.

As for your other question, see: >>17228887
>the most reliable way to
>>17229145
Not without a calibrated device and a destination. I certainly don't believe in mental time travel using a physical body.
>>17229148
Then it's safe to say you're not infamous, either. It seems like your prediction of the future are limited in an unrealistic way. I'd urge you to seek medical attention, but this era doesn't have proper mental health clinics in most places. One of the biggest humanitarian needs that would significantly benefit from open time travel is the psychotherapy market.
>>17229165
>the future, does it even exist?
There's never really been just one. There are a number of timelines that lack American politics, if not the actual United States of America. I won't speak about the upcoming president election because there's a slim chance my doing so could affect the outcome in unpredictable ways. It's not a big risk, but it's there.
>>17229173
>I can at least understand that you would want to guard that information.
Thanks. It's a requirement.
>>
vortikyom
>>
>>17228409
>Time Travel FAQ
>FA-Q
Sums it up.
>>
>>17229220
And the way you're talking about the future makes it sound like you've been there. So do you have a device or knowledge of how to make this device? I don't believe you what so ever since you have given us zero proof that this isn't total bullshit and you're being awfully cryptic. Give us some info we can use, please.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 420x300px
What year are you from
>>
>>17229173
>how that's possible for any of us here
That's been a significant problem for me, actually. I can protect myself well enough, but it's harder to ensure others can protect themselves in timelines where I've gone missing. My initial plan this year is to post threads like this every quarter to ensure we don't get caught off guard by random intervention.

>How can a future without a global catastrophe arise: does it do so naturally, or with intervention? How does the tangent configure itself?
99% of all temporal intervention is a reaction to all other forms of temporal intervention. It's a recursive problem that requires careful coordination to solve. I'm taking a big risk by interacting exclusively with history via the internet. I feel that all other methods would give me unfair temporal advantage. It's also a way for me to show my commitment to public dissemination of temporal information. This thread is technically a form of intervention, so it's up for debate as to whether or not that tangent benefits from intervention or not. Suffice to say, I observe for the sake of that future whether it exists yet or not. If it doesn't exist, it can always be created.

People like you, who are ready and willing to work with something that might not exist are the aspect of history that causes it to configure itself.

I'll need to write more about this, but I also have to factor in that you may be replaced by a time travel "shill" at any or every moment. I can't write or even plan properly unless your identity is observably consistent. Basically, you have to be yourself and have a means to eventually protect yourself from future manipulation once you have the means to correct manipulations and other interventions.
>>17229177
It's a good bet that, no matter how long history extends itself, someone will eventually try to create one. I don't have much confidence in such a thing and it only exists in the rarest situations and tangents of history.
>>17229206
Not an investor.
>>
>>17229135
Fix two magnets in position with the sides that repel each other - face to face - as close as you can, and then feed them high voltage or high amperage. Not sure which one.
>>
>>17229285
You cant claim to have all this time travel information and make a FAQ and then answer our questions with the most basic answers that could mean literally anything. No hints about the future, nothing useful.
You cant time travel, stop bullshitting everyone in this thread. If you were from the future you would have come prepared to prove it.
>>
>>17229220
how would non-alarming public knowledge help, if we don't know how to defend ourselfs?
unless you tell me a way to defend myself, or destroy them, you're just bullshitting here.
>>
>>17229285
>It's a good bet that, no matter how long history extends itself, someone will eventually try to create one. I don't have much confidence in such a thing and it only exists in the rarest situations and tangents of history.
Do you think it will happen in the near future?
>>
what number am i thinking of
>>
>>17229333 (checked)
>>
>>17229285
why don't the brakes on my bicycle work when it's below freezing?
>>
>>17229333
was it trips?
>>
>>17228409
Hello.

I am the discoverer of RTF(s), you may be familiar with my work regarding dimensional insertion (and if you're not, it's not what you think). As a person who is currently talking to members of fermilab about a theory of mine, are there any people I should avoid specifically?

Initials would be fine.
>>
>>17229373
What's RTF(s) ?
>>
>>17229285
>I can't write or even plan properly unless your identity is observably consistent. Basically, you have to be yourself and have a means to eventually protect yourself from future manipulation once you have the means to correct manipulations and other interventions.

Ok, again, how? Are we back to the "Rights and Equilibrium" thread?

You want me to trip? I suspect that's equally unreliable given the stated forces at work here.

I could also create a permanent stance in favor of non-catastrophe (assuming I read that correctly), although I also understand that's an invitation to being fucked with.

You can cross-link your old threads for reference, I'm still a bit hazy on the details in them.
>>
>>17229285
>My initial plan this year is to post threads like this every quarter
Great.
So every few months, we'll get another one of these vague, cryptic, RP threads that explains nothing?
Wait...that happens daily here.
Never mind.
>>
>>17229218
Asking about materials science isn't the same as asking that anon's question. Engineering is a hard problem and answering a question about materials in relation to temporal technology would be a form of tacit misdirection. Due to the way I've chosen to interact with the timeline, tacit misdirection is very relevant. I've been very careful throughout my time on 4chan to ensure minimal tacit misdirection. I'm not in a position to correct every misinterpretation that might emerge from my interactions here.
>>17229251
>Give us some info we can use, please.
That's a hard problem. How information gets used is the governing aspect of history. Giving mountain after mountain of information would result in people having a very real need to use that information to stop me from ever spreading it in the first place. It isn't the same as having free reign to inform people about the exact structure of the future. On top of that I don't know you or anything about you or who you might be. Engineering schematics could be a godsend to one anon and entirely useless to other anons. I have to ensure a balanced trajectory or I'd be signing my own death warrant.

How you phrase your question is literally all I have to go on towards getting you the information that'd actually be useful to you. If this isn't mutual, it's an attempt to isolate and control the information in my possession. Letting you believe that I have no useful information to give is a tactical decision I'm forced to make for your own protection if not mine.

I have no device at the moment. If I had one on me at the time I posted this thread, I wouldn't be here to respond to your questions. Some faction would have jumped through time to stop me. Some have done so even though I don't have any illegal technology on me at this time. It isn't safe to make threads like this; I only do so after weighing the effects of every divergent path that results from such threads.
>>17229252
2016. I'm here synchronously.
>>
>>17229407
Is there a working device in the word right now? How do you make one.
What day and month will Dishonored 2 come out?
Once again you gave generic answers. You know exactly what I mean when I said give us proof. Stop with the 'whats valuable to one person-' bullshit. You know what we mean.
Tell us the future, large events, useful info to EVERYONE. Stop being a basement dwelling dorito dust huffing fag lord and either cough up some hard factual evidence and proof or shut the fuck up with this bullshit spam.
Hurr durrr im so enlightened but im not going to answer your questions. Be specific you cunt, no more of 'well since everything is relative its possible for that to happen but there are infinite timelines so really anything imaginable is possible.'
Youre a liar this thread is shit.
>>
How would you communicate with someone from this time, and are you here to guide someone specific? What are their initials?
>>
if you were from the future then eventually someone in this thread gives you their name or something useful that you would be able to prove. why are you even here what is this thread for youre obviously a fucking faggot with no real answers or information about the future.
>>
This is your chance, buddy...
>>
>>17229220
>Even time travelers can stop THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
/thread
>>
>>17228409

All timelines outside of "Earth" (the shared present we experience as humans) and "Heaven" (permanent perfect peace for all eternity that is absolutely flawless and not destructible) are in fact regions of hell, merely areas in which a false earth is simulated by demons.
>>
>>17228409
I have this strong sense that I'm to master time travel without equipment... a friend of mine has described successful OBE time travel by using a "cutting" motion with her hands but I really feel like I'm supposed to be doing this physically... do you have any tips for me?
>>
How does someone from this time go about protecting themselves? Having a specific plan to protect yourself if you need to? What can I do to protect my other selves? Do their decisions effect mine?
>>
File: giphy.gif (1006KB, 268x153px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1006KB, 268x153px
Goddammit these chuckleheads are back?
>>
k looks like OP is gone... but OP if you ever do come back, you said two things that really helped me:

> The only clue I can safely give at this time is that you'll need to rewind to the pre-quantum era and start your research from that vantage point. Think of particle physics as globally coordinated misdirection to delay the invention of temporal technology.

and

> Your priorities are wrong; the planet as whole came before you by a significant margin. You are not separate from the needs of the planet. Clearly you should want to protect the thing that makes you possible before you work for your own benefit.

> This is basic causal reasoning here. You have the solemn duty of protecting your own origin point, if nothing else. That means protecting every origin point that led to your origin. Nobody but you can protect your origins as effectively as you can.
>>
>>17230091
Whoops hit Post too early... anyway just wanted to say thanks. This coupled with the stuff that's been driven into my mind lately has helped a lot.
>>
>>17229322
>No hints about the future, nothing useful.
Again, what's useful depends on your location and expertise. "But a time traveler warned us!" isn't an argument that stops a tragedy from happening. It'd still happen, the only difference would that a bunch of /x/philes could say they knew.

Besides, I'm not here to tell you about the timeline.

I'm here to tell you that you can change it. Why ask what's going to happen when you can change what's going to happen?

The answers so far have been basic because I'm not quite sure what all you're ready to understand. I don't know what you consider basic because I've never met you. If this is beneath your intelligence, ask a more advanced question. Put your ignorance forward so I know what's useful to say and what doesn't need to be rehashed.
>>17229323
>a way to defend myself, or destroy them
The future is easily destroyed by information. Just making something public knowledge can prevent some of the most sinister outcomes currently possible. You quite literally wage this "war" by knowing anything at all. "It'll all make sense when the time comes," is often a very effective method in propagating temporal information. Non-alarming is the only relevant aspect of that question. Recall that what we do and say now can affect all futures.
>>17229326
There's no real evidence of that. Many futures and factions within the various futures have created complex "bluffs" in hopes that someone will eventually react in a way that favors them, but this tends to be such a highly ineffective method that it never practically happens.
>>17229333
Not a psychic.
>>
This is almost as dumb as the cpr dummy thread. Go role play elsewhere loser
>>
>>17229373
I wish I knew. Often times some of the more clever ones will create two timelines with different agents on the inside. Being from the future doesn't usually grant as much knowledge as people like to believe.
>>17229393
>You want me to trip? I suspect that's equally unreliable given the stated forces at work here.
Exactly not. It's a risk for your to expose any sort of personally identifying information, including the subtle bits of your psychology that'd choose a trip.

Basically you need to do what you just did. I know an /x/phile when I see one. The goal is to make sure that even if a time traveler abducts and impersonates you in an alternate version of history it'll be because they copied your posts from future versions of this timeline. In effect, even if you get replaced, the original version of history would still contain you and I interacting in a genuine capacity.

I took up this trip precisely so no other anon who sought time travel would ever have a need to do so.

So yes, we're back to rights and equilibrium. Until at least one future exists that grants rights to past and future alike, our interactions can only be half as effective as they'd be if we had a protected right to discuss these things publicly. You can think of the future like a puzzle: Without all the pieces, we can't see the picture.

Even the smallest interaction can permanently alter the course of history. Some courses are simpler.
>>17229404
Yes. There's only four quarters in a year, so by the third thread things should be remarkably clear. I'm hoping it'll get clearer must faster than that, but the future may have to rearrange things a bit to make way for a more stable continuum. You can always ask for clarification on any part.
>>17229465
>Dishonored 2
I haven't the slightest clue. It might have already come out for all I know.
>You know what we mean.
I actually don't. There's any of a hundred different types of highly useful information to choose from.
>>
are we ultimately living until the point of equilibrium? is this the timeline where everything goes the way it is supposed to?
do we actually have any control over any of this? or its predetermined and it will happen regardless of what.
so everything was the unfold the way it did, does that mean we will achieve time travel in this time line?
>>
Please Mr.notroleplay give us a sign that you're real
>>
Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and put all this to an end right here.

If your goal is to provide knowledge that would spread sensibly, wouldn't there be a couple hundred better ways to do it than post on a forum littered with beardnecks and roleplayers just itching to get a chance to feel self important?

I dunno, say simply post subtle observations in the presence of an important loudmouth.

But wait, you're not actually making subtle suggestions, you're giving vague directions to a nameless future with no ground or sky for us to tell top from bottom with.
>>
Just admit you're full of shit. You haven't given a solid answer and you've dodged everyone's questions some way or another to avoid direct and sure answers.
No one can time travel. You are not some special snowflake who was /chosen/ by the universe to be granted the impossible just so you can go on 4chan in 2016 and diarrhea post the most useless pathetic posts Ive ever read.
this is the most cancer thread all year so far.
>>
File: 1404468014166s.jpg (2KB, 125x122px) Image search: [Google]
1404468014166s.jpg
2KB, 125x122px
>>17229220
>general relativity
really? that's it? 100% Bullshit confirmed at this point (no fucking shit) for anyone who is even remotely intelligent. Do you know anything about modern physics other than just spouting out popular bullshit? Protip: Quantum Mechanics would have been more believable if you wanted to sound like you knew wtf you were talking about
>>
>>17229465
>enlightened
Again, I haven't made a claim like that.

My knowledge is more technical and sociological. I specifically avoid large scale political nonsense because I find that it has very little effect on events.

It's not that everything is relative or anything of the sort, it's simply that 99% of all butterflies don't flap their wings to cause hurricanes on the other side of the world. I don't have the luxury of being in that 99%. To you, politics might seem very real and all encompassing. This is not to say that it's relative or subjective on your part—it IS real to you. I don't bother with politics simply because I don't need to. It's not a butterfly that I can gain something by interacting with. It's more like an old moth attracted to a flame than anything else.

>Is there a working device in the world right now?
Yes, hundreds at the very least. Most of them are wired to private electronics and won't be detected for another 30 years, minimum. They exist solely to observe and record history so that changes can be detected when the information finally integrates.
>How do you make one.
Again, there are hundreds of types of temporal technology. Time travel will eventually change the entire face of electronics. The moment society can see a way to propagate information backwards in time without creating instabilities, it will. Hundreds of thousands of people will be able to gain advance copies of certain media precisely because they have no way to create paradoxes by having it. There isn't a "one" to make here. Most devices deal purely in information transmission, not physical transportation of matter. Active jumping is extremely rare and volatile, so you're more or less on your own with developing that. I seek to advocate for your right to do so because I think the world could use a good kick-start where physical time travel is concerned.

This is 99.999% of all possible futures that extend from this moment. I aim for a fraction of a percent of history.
>>
There was a time traveler on trash a while ago who basically called out every other time traveler as just someone bored at work messing with people from the past. Thoughts?
>>
What decade do most of your physical jumpers end up in?
>>
>>17230678
Having reread your old threads I noticed you promised to outline time travel politics in this time period (through February 2016). Please do explain some of the politics.

Furthermore, in the archives there is this link:
https://defuse.ca/b/DANy4k5C?method+granted

The accompanying password was not valid when I tried it.

>>17230515
>I'm here to tell you that you can change it.
A future in favor of the existence of largest number of independent consciousnesses extended for the greatest possible time is something I'm all in favor of helping to achieve. Regardless of the personal cost.
>>
You use big words and jargon.

You're a rp faggot.
>>
What needs to be commented on are "transcendental" entities that also manipulate the time spectrum and may seem to exist outside of the grasp of time (in a similar manner as a way we do).

Also, please comment:
Monkey =:^=
Who am I, and what does my name mean to you and your future?
How does the perspective of time travel factor to the concept of samsara? Does it lead to liberation, to recognition to the Brahman conception?
>>
>>17229477
>are you here to guide someone specific
No. I don't believe in "fate" as such and I think the time stream would be considerably more stable if time travel were public knowledge. My goal isn't to retain history in its current state, but make way for stability regardless of further modifications. People that were already going to work on time travel have no business with me as far as I'm concerned. That has no bearing on my observation or eventual goal.

How to communicate with this era is a problem I've struggled with since I got here. I'd like to think that there's a safe way to speak to people from any era without keeping the mechanics of time travel under lock and key. Not sure what kind of answer you're expecting with a question like that.
>>17229523
If I came from a future that didn't have this thread, I couldn't say I was from this world's future, could I? In this way, I can't claim to be from my own future. In order to be from my own future, I'd need to have permission to travel back to this moment after the thread has finished and intentionally allow it to go exactly as it did the first time around. To affirm the loop would allow my future self to be here, but the present version of me would have to do everything the same despite the presence of my future self. It isn't trivial to complete a tight loop like that without risking the stability of my entire future.
>>17229573
A time traveler makes their own chance.
>>17229696
That's a question for the ages. I usually only work with physical time travel, but I'm not averse to ideas.

I'd say if you have a strong sense of it, it'd be worth pursuing. That doesn't guarantee your safety or yet your sanity, but I'm not getting the impression that you're unstable enough to fall into delusion because of a "strong sense." Risk of delusion affects all forms of time travel anyway, so you wouldn't be the first to suffer a temporary loss in sanity from pursuing this path. My personal advice would be to make sure
>
>>
>>17229696
>>17231022 (cont)
Make sure you never assume any form of success prior to having physically created that success but never assume anything is impossible either. I won't say to doubt yourself, but don't fool yourself either. If anything, the one thing to remember is that there will always be another way. Always. (Time travel is the ultimate form of showing/knowing that.)

I wouldn't know how to go about jumping. It seems dangerous to me because of the paradox potential.

It might be safest to stick to jumping forward. That has its own risks, of course. Remember that every action you take is permanent in the timeline you're going to take it in, so don't just experiment blindly. Keep control of your knowledge and the basis you have for knowing it. Don't do anything you won't be able to measure the effects of for yourself. Never let anyone tell you that you aren't allowed to know.

>>17229799
>How does someone from this time go about protecting themselves?
Be relevant. Nothing stops history from stepping on you like a historical record does. Fortune and fame don't always make you relevant, but making way for a more peaceful future for everyone won't ever go unnoticed. The more people in the future depend on you, the more entangled you'll be with a better future.
>Having a specific plan to protect yourself if you need to?
That can be highly effective and often works well enough as it is, but the moment you have to actually execute your plan, history has a record of what your plan probably is. Secrecy can be an ally here, but it can also be a detriment. The global rule of thumb is that there's nothing you can do that can't be decoded some day, by a dedicated enough attacker. My advice would be to make it so any attacker will easily be seen as the guilty party in the event of an attack. (This also requires making sure you're not the guilty party. Too much preparation can actually prevent your future self from contacting you.)
>cont.
>>
>>17229799
>>17231066 (cont)
>What can I do to protect my other selves?
That's the hard part to accept: You can't. If all your plans only ever came into being because of action you take now as a result of this thread or contact with a time traveler, then your security depends on their having interacted with you. You do not, however, have to rely on *specific* individuals for this "first contact." Any time travel influence is liable to cause any of your alternates to go through that same thought process. Predicting your alternates is a tricky science and there's no good solution to that problem, no matter how much it seems like there ought to be one.
>Do their decisions effect mine?
Not as such, no. The main problem with alternate versions of yourself is that they reveal what you're capable of /when pushed to your limits/. They key thing here is that few people are ever actually pushed to their limits such that their alternates will ever incriminate them. Society doesn't have a real good answer to the reputation problem yet. Part of the reason I wrote the bill of negotiation was to put an end to indiscriminate reputation casting. Until the future gives you the right to coordinate with your alternates, it shouldn't try to nail you down by the collective reputation of all your alternates.

So practically, yes, via timeless reputation, but in an ideal world, no, we won't judge you by them for any reason.
>>17230091
Thanks. Those are 99% of what I wanted to say in making this thread.
>>17230104
Glad I was able to help.
>>17230625
>are we ultimately living until the point of equilibrium?
Not entirely sure what you mean to ask, but yes. Hopefully the point of equilibrium isn't the end of all life. If we die to never invent or use time travel, we can never go back in time to stop ourselves from dying, so it makes for a very solid time loop if and when it happens.
>is this the timeline where ...
No time traveler can ever really say. Doing so runs the risk of reaction.
>>
whats the point of time travel like why even bother

if the future is so malleable why not just chill and see what happens

seems pointless to go back in time when I can literally do the exact same future manipulations right now

don't need to waste my time learning astromechanics and shit
>>
File: okabephone.jpg (64KB, 641x361px) Image search: [Google]
okabephone.jpg
64KB, 641x361px
>>17231092
If I'm a weeb in this timeline what are the odds that the versions of me on parallel timelines are also total weebs?
>>
>>17230625
>everything goes the way it is supposed to?
I don't believe in supposed to. Time travel wouldn't exist if "supposed to" was a property of the world.

Keep in mind that the timeline can diverge at every moment prior to and following this thread. Each bit of time we have is its own duration that could be a timeline in its own right. After the moment passes, multiple timelines could unfold.
>do we actually have any control over any of this?
Yes, to the extent that we bother to have any such control. If we don't care for anything more than the linear life that exists without the use of time travel, so be it. That, in itself, is a choice you can control.
>will happen regardless
Forward time happens regardless of our attempt to control it. It's the one thing nobody can deny in all this. Another way of saying this is that life always goes on, no matter how Earth-shattering the latest events feel.
>so everything was the unfold the way it did
I'll go with yes. It had to happen once before the future could exist to react to or change it at all.
>>17230637
Hmm... I'm usually strictly against showing 4chan any real evidence of time travel, but there's a case to be made that it ought to happen if time travel is to become public knowledge. I can't do it in this thread because I've already committed to a certain outcome for this thread, but I'll consider it for future threads.
>>17230648
>just itching to get a chance to feel self important?
I think you just made my rebuttal for me. If you think there's some other way to use the internet that doesn't boil down to that on some level, do let me know. /x/ at least tolerates the topic in a serious manner.
>with no ground or sky for us to tell top from bottom with
0G tends to be my favorite place, but I do see the dilemma here. I'll definitely try to bear your criticism in mind for future posts.
>>17230660
>direct and sure answers
Those are layer one replies. If nobody understands the basics enough to ask a followup question,
>>
>>17228409
Time travel is impossible if the big bang theory isn't true
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 255x365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 255x365px
What needs to be commented on are "transcendental" entities that also manipulate the time spectrum and may seem to exist outside of the grasp of time (in a similar manner as a way we do).

Also, please comment:
Who am I, and what does my name mean to you and your future?
How does the perspective of time travel factor to the concept of samsara? Does it lead to liberation and recognition to the Brahman conception?

Monkey =:^=
>>
>>17231092

So, can I timetravel my way to a hot female body and come and fuck myself?

Basically all your talk is garbage until you give the fundamentals for this task!
>>
>>17231154
Isn't* shit
>>
So let me see if a got it right:
1 - You won't tell us how to build this machine
2 - You won't speak about future events like the elections
Nice to see that you're a retarded and so many here actually belive in such a delusional
>>
all I've got to say is fuck the doubters and naysayers. you don't need to waste time trying to prove anything to anyone. because the people who are meant to get your message will receive it. and people who are blind to the truth can remain blind until they decide to be no longer blind.
ultimately, if we were to invent time travel in our timeline and we were able to live until the point of equilibrium, from that point can you go back to the beginning, the origin of our universe/timeline? if you were able to go back to the beginning would you be able to see the creator or meet the creator using the device? let's say the act of time travel was inevitable, then does that mean since the creation of this time line, we had time travelers silently observing every event unfold but with out interfering wether it was good or a bad event, because in not interfering they would allow for the time travel to be discovered at a later time? what is the furthest point a time traveler can come from? or can they just reach end of time and see the cycle from the beginning once again?
>>
How can you be sure that in this thread you don't give us substantial evidence of your time travel? Since you haven't affirmed your loop how can you be sure that this version of you doesn't?
>>
>>17231216
Huurrr durrrrr I belive in everything that is edge the ones that do not accept my ideas are idiots Huurrr duurrr
>>
>>17231216
That's why we call you faggot
>>
also the timeless place that exist which can be accessed through psychedelic drugs, lucid dreaming or Astral projection. do these realities share the same timeline as waking reality? also can time travel be discovered in a dream/ Astral realm first and then be brought into physical manifestation in real life? did the creator of our timeline put a mechanics of time travel in our coding kind of like a cheat code so that at one point we are bound to discover it? or is it a bug/glitch that exists in our universe that humans discover and end up exploiting. Basically is time travel a thing that is naturally occurring that is supposed to happen like the cycle of life and death? or its an unnatural event discovered by us with given enough time,
>>
>>17230660
Then which direction should I continue explaining in? Are you aiming for the ground or the sky? If I'm the only thing stopping you from crashing, I'll need to know which direction you're planning to go in.
>>17230676
I believe I have a firm grasp on quantum physics.
>>17230701
There's a lot of truth to that claim. It won't always be true, but it's not uncommon either.
>>17230713
That's hard to say. I guess it depends on the timeline you're talking about. 2132 and the 2080's seem like probably destinations for many timelines.
>>17230764
The password is embedded in the URL.

I recall saying I'd explain some of the politics, but I don't remember where off hand. The politics of time travel are in semi-constant flux, just as much as present day politics are. If I'm remembering the context correctly, I said that primarily as a threat to the equilibrium of certain anti-historical political organizations. (In this case, it's not possible to be anti-time travel without being anti-history.)

Things seem to have attempted to quiet down a bit since my last thread, so it may not be wise to say too much at this time. Suffice to say my various bills of rights were an attempt to sway the very politics I sought to discuss. When handled well, time travel politics has a way of disappearing very quickly into the timestream.
>>17231003
Until such time as all other nations in all other timelines have accepted such possibilities, I must maintain the stance that such "transcendental" entities are as-of-yet uncaught time travelers who got together to defect as hard as they possibly could for the sake of making time travel public knowledge in every possible timeline.
>>17231117
How can we make informed decisions in a world that hides half of all possible outcomes from us?

In any case, "observe" is generally a code word for "just chill and see what happens" in the first place.
>>17231124
Roughly equivalent to the odds that Japan and the eventual anime trade exist in that timeline.
>>
>>17231117

>>17231239
>How can we make informed decisions in a world that hides half of all possible outcomes from us?

but that doesn't matter. the way i see it, there's no way out. there's no end or solution. whether you are informed or not is irrelevant because you have no way of knowing if you were "successful" in your efforts until the moment it happens.

now - that may sound fine - you achieved your goal, right? but the reality is that from that point on, your future is once again unknown and prone to problems or errors. this will happen every time and the process is infinite. nothing is ever certain

so why keep reliving past events over and over until you get one thing right, when you could have just lived on to see what the "real" future holds? why is this a better method of living?

i don't need to be informed of possible outcomes. i can pick a goal that i want for myself and work towards it already.

anything bigger than us is pointless. and if the earth truly needed saving, or some other similar nonsense, you wouldn't even exist to go back in the first place
>>
>>17231158
That's more in the vicinity of virtual reality technology than time travel technology.
>>17231164
>You won't tell us how to build this machine
There are hundreds of kinds of temporal devices. You really will have to be more specific about which one you mean to build if you want my help on that. From your vantage point it's safe to assume that such things don't exist yet and never will—not in this timeline or any other. Talking here is a means to get them built for the first time in all of human history; past, present, and future as one.
>You won't speak about future events like the elections
I can only speak about them in a predictive capacity. I don't care much for modern politics so I don't have any authority to speak about it. Would you remember the 23rd president offhand without a reason to do so?
>>17231216
>the people who are meant to get your message will receive it
That is how it goes, but there's something to be said for patience as well. Some people do need a bit of a nudge before they'll devote their lives to the study of something that might not ever exist. It's a delicate issue and it's not wrong to use finesse.

Those are some hard questions and I couldn't speak authoritatively about most of them if I had 1000 years to build a reputation. You're dealing with spiritual concepts that commonly exceed what people believe science is able to measure. There is a certain metaphysical element to time travel that I've been careful to ignore for the most part, but the basic answer to your overall question is simply, "Yes."

>what is the furthest point a time traveler can come from?
This is the hardest question a time traveler ever has to answer. It's hard because it acknowledge that humanity has a discrete expiration date. Humanity isn't the type of species to accept its own extinction, so most time travelers that deal with that era tend to think of time travel as a tool for building history rather than modifying it. We create, rather than alter.
>>
>>17231230
>>17231230
you just perfectly described your own existence. projecting your insecurities as always. never change. remain the same.
>>
Is one of the current readers in this thread you?
>>
>>17231216
Good questions though. The end date fluctuates a fair bit in the shifting of history, but it tends to stabilize some time around 300 to 300,000 years from now. It's common to find an empty spot in the vast future and have the entire population jump to there. Overall, ignoring time skips and coordination cloaking maneuvers, humanity tend to last 40,000 years before something starts to eat history. We're good at getting it to 4,000 stabilized years, but we don't have a full map of history just yet. There's an inordinate amount of minor details to account for in an ultimately finite period of time, and such efforts are rarely able to run uninterrupted without global consent for more than 200 effective years.
>>17231225
>how can you be sure that this version of you doesn't?
I can't. All I can do is plan. Should history elect to give me the means to do so, it's likely that I'd find a way to make it entirely safe to do so. There are an unending number of solutions for me to find in a world that allows me the time to find them.

It's possible that my future self will "derail" me the very moment I go to bed tonight. Aside from my willingness to refuse an offer to affirm the loop here there isn't any logical reason for me to believe it's not going to happen. I can only be sure if I decide against it, and even then, my alternates may have other plans. It's not unreasonable to suspect that they have a duty to protect the timeline from this.
>>17231232
>do these realities share the same timeline as waking reality?
I wouldn't personally think so, no. There's nothing to bind them to this chronology.

As to whether time travel is natural or not, I tend to side with humanity on the matter. We're the kind of species whose nature dictates that we'd eventually discover time travel, so I consider it perfectly natural for our species. We can call it unnatural because it's something we discover rather than something that "discovers" us, but I think discovery is in our nature.
>>
>>17231267
>nothing is ever certain
This is incomplete. The ultimate truth you're grasping at is that nothing is ever certain /with forward time/. When you have the capacity to go back in time, you can literally watch reality play out in the same fashion it did the first time around.

Some consider it a blissfully beautiful peace, while others consider it an unnervingly repetitive hell. I'm not sure I can consider it as anything more than what we make it.

>why is this a better method of living?
I wouldn't call it better. Better means nothing until you specify a coherent optimization goal. Some of us find value in it while others don't. It's subjective, like every other possible choice in life.

>anything bigger than us is pointless.
Here here! Yours is a philosophy I can deeply respect. Excellent response on your part. Thanks.
>>17231324
Good question.
>>
>>17231366
Go on, name yourself. Give yourself a little bit of a shock ;)
>>
>>17231366
>nothing is ever certain /with forward time/.

agree with this

>When you have the capacity to go back in time, you can literally watch reality play out in the same fashion it did the first time around.

don't understand this

so you have the capacity to go back and watch reality play out in identical fashion. simple, right?

however, in this scenario, the time traveler is still experiencing forward time. they themselves have the capacity to then change circumstances and affect outcomes.

therefore, nothing is ever certain.

nothing -can- be certain in a scenario where we are sending a tangible, physical being back in time. the fact that you are interacting with us indicates that you do not know what happens next.

if you decide to put a gun in your mouth right now, you could not have known that would happen prior to making the decision.

my argument is that this uncertainty ultimately makes time travel pointless. we already exist in an uncertain reality without it. this does not change when you go back. you will always have to move forward into the uncharted at some point.

unless you just really want to play life on repeat, like groundhog day. to each their own, i guess.
true time travel can exist in other forms, i think. free will and self awareness invalidate it, but a monitoring device that lacks those traits? sure, it should work.

but that device is not much different than just watching old youtube videos

and who gives a shit about that?
>>
>>17231278
>That's more in the vicinity of virtual reality technology than time travel technology.

If you can't travel back to yourself then it's not real time travel. It is hell-realm drivel.

I dream bigger.
>>
>>17231432
>you could not have known that would happen prior to making the decision
On the contrary; if I were to do so now, your words would have specifically made me aware of the possibility prior to its happening. Prediction can be a funny thing like that.
>>
>>17231374
this
>>
>>17230602
>You know what we mean.
>>I actually don't. There's any of a hundred different types of highly useful information to choose from.

I understand what he means and I think other anons understand to. Why would you pretend stupid or give this cold cowardly answer?
>>
>>17233572
There really is a lot to explain, and there really is a very real risk of giving the wrong information at the wrong time in the wrong way such that the future reacts violently or erratically to the information. If it isn't directly received right now by someone that's prepared to handle that information, it will directly cause problems for the future. The present doesn't get a second chance to create the future.
>>
Will there be a race war and/or a right wing death squad in Europe in the near future?
>>
>>17233605
> there really is a very real risk of giving the wrong information
and posting on 4chan is not a big risk?
Don't explain. We have lot of threads with future predictions and a lot of users believing on them, what would change Your message.
>>
>>17228409
Is your past self in this thread at the moment?
>>
the future of this timeline, is it observing the present moment unfold?

and is the future of other timelines also observing the present moment unfold?

when is the safe time for us(the present) to discover time travel?

is the prototype/blueprint for time travel possible within the next 10 years?

if so, is it possible for this time line to create/discover a new way of time traveling that's never been done or imagined in any other timeline/reality/universes?

what happens when the first instance of time travel is accomplished on this timeline?
>>
which time line are you from, and what is your purpose in this timeline?

are you here to ensure that everything goes smoothly and point us in the right direction in reaching equilibrium?

what is equilibrium, to the present?

what is equilibrium, to the future?

everything that has happened since the creation of this timeline, does anything need to be changed in order to reach equilibrium?

or everything that has happened, happened the way it should in order for us to reach equilibrium in this timeline, therefore we don't need to worry about the past in this timeline and only the present and onward?
>>
File: WP_20160110_001.jpg (826KB, 1934x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160110_001.jpg
826KB, 1934x1456px
So what about La forte da cartendörfian theory? As a fellow HanzHeimer you should have been aware, if not relate sportified evidence without gradualism. Can you defy that previous statement of which anonifies existential Wullds? I hope my question is clear, looking forward to your reply Timeliner.

Ps Prussia and the Monarchy.
>>
>>17228409
Are you able to provide any tangible evidence that proves that you have time traveled?
>>
>>17233627
Race war is among the top ten "never again in history" on my future's priority list. Unfortunately, a timeline with such a faction is still inevitable at this time. It's likely that the threat will be removed prior to the fully stable convergence of history, but there will always be evidence that it occurred in at least one timeline.
>>17233698
It's a huge risk. It's just a risk that I've calculated well in advance of this thread. Though my goal is primarily to observe, there are certain factions that desperately want to avoid having anyone watch the events that are about to unfold. Even observation can be a non-benign action, where time travel is concerned. Though my aim will always be peace, I have to recognize that there are threats to my goal of silently observing history. Reacting to them can be dangerous, but it's generally more dangerous to let the threat go entirely unchecked. Sometimes I really do have to protect my ability to observe. Not to say that all my alternates will be able to, but if I can do it in one timeline, it'll be done at least there.
>>17233755
No. The only possibility there would be past versions of my alternates, and I don't consider them to be my actual past.
>>17233848
>the future of this timeline, is it observing the present moment unfold?
There are many futures. Not all of them are watching, but many are.
>and is the future of other timelines also observing the present moment unfold?
Yes, some are. Someone has to keep tabs on this timeline or they'd risk desynchronizing from equilibrium in a highly damaging way.
>when is the safe time for us(the present) to discover time travel?
Never. It will never be safe. Safety is something we create, and until we do, it won't be safe. It'll never be objectively safe, but if we work at it, we can minimize tangential risks.
>is the prototype/blueprint for time travel possible within the next 10 years?
Yes, absolutely. All it takes is the time and effort invested in the research.

>cont.
>>
Kekliner cannot comprehend my question. As such i know for a fact he is a fake. Ask me anything though. Not that i want to hijack this pretenious BS of a thread but here is the thing. Designers, yes graphic designers, fine artists, computer engineers alike have seen 2D><3D is very real. If anything i should also point out cancer is a form of time distortion. On the one hand you die faster but on the other hand it creates an interactive experience.
>>
>>17233944
but You made a reaction by posting on internet, so it's not just plain observing. I understand by what logic you're trying to avoid giving answers, which would serve as proof for Your claims, but there are many flaws and contradictions.
>>
based on your reasoning you should be safe to "tell/predict" what locations temporal movement begins. it is highly unlikely that it starts out in one area without it branching out in multiple global locations
>>
Is it possible to jump over to another timeline? If so, how can I do it?
Also, what's the difference between a dimension and a timeline?
>>
>>17233944
>It's just a risk that I've calculated well in advance of this thread
so to make calculation You knew the nature of this thread and how it should or will outcome? By that definition You predicted this thread, if that's so, this thread has happened and Your "reaction" or proofs wont impact the future of this time line.
>>
>>17233848
>is it possible for this time line to create/discover a new way of time traveling that's never been done or imagined in any other timeline/reality/universes?
Absolutely. It's what I'm counting on.
>what happens when the first instance of time travel is accomplished on this timeline?
There might not be just one outcome.

Excellent questions. A tactical map of possible outcomes, rather than preexisting outcomes, would help move things along much faster.
>>17233876
>what is your purpose in this timeline?
To silently observe, and generate a movement that ensures my right to do so if my ability to do so should ever fall under threat.
>are you here to ensure that everything goes smoothly and point us in the right direction in reaching equilibrium?
Absolutely. It's my only present goal.
>what is equilibrium, to the present?
Continued existence and minimal intervention.
>what is equilibrium, to the future?
A very complex series of equations that preserve the very fabric of space and time (in the given timeline). Basically it's a map of the past, and a series of protocols to follow when visiting the it.
>does anything need to be changed in order to reach equilibrium?
That's a good question. I don't think so, personally, but I don't have history entirely memorized. It will always be possible to create an alternate version of this timeline that needs a bit of fixing.
>we don't need to worry about the past in this timeline and only the present and onward
That's generally the safest philosophy to follow, even when it's not technically the case. Suffice to say that equilibrium needs to be maintained, whether it be through action or inaction. The past is a complex place, and the future can be twice as complex even without history modification.
>>17233913
Not at this time, no. Direct evidence would change the nature of this thread into something I'm not yet prepared to handle or predict.
>>17233988
It's calculated observation, with equilibrium disruption in mind.
>>
What memes are popular in the future?
>>
>>17233996
Gonna be generous tonight. Here is the basic formula for time travel: IF 3D>=<2D THEN 2D<>3D. Also for the machine you need organic matter, yes feces, urine, Non organic matter like Uranium, aluminium, NO magnets or electricity thats ütter büllshít. Most important ingredient is LOVE but it differs depending on the diameter of my shitlogs that i pull out of my assmouth like Kekliner does. LUCK is essential too in LegoLand.
>>
>>17234042
>It will always be possible to create an alternate version of this timeline that needs a bit of fixing.
then show/tell us proof and if anything goes wrong, fix it, making an alternate version of this time.
>>
>>17234067
>Möst Wánted 2022-3001
>Böld Fárt 2019-2045
>Anön Nő Lónger 2051-2083

And my name is Föld Övezet Szeretet
>>
Can I travel to a desired time just for fun without fucking up the timeline?
>>
>>17234081
I see you were part of that "human brain in robot=cyborg" thread.
Was a good thread though. Top notch shops and was pretty funny.
>>
>>17234099
I figured that, I just wish there was a way around it
>>
CANT FUCKING SLEEP!
>>
>>17230580
They give CPR dummies penises?!
>>
if I were to dedicate my whole life in inventing/discovering/imagining/manifesting a method of time travel that has never been attempted in any version of history, would it be a worthy and righteous path in order for the present timeline in reaching a equilibrium state/future?

if I were to dedicate my life to discovering a way to time travel, should I tell any of my friends, family, or any other beings?
or just keep it on the downlow until I have created a way to do it?

most importantly if I were to believe that it was possible in my life time to achieve it, would I actually be able to achieve it? because I want to believe/trust in my self and my intuitions, but at the same time i don't want to fool my self either and waste my precious present moment/life for a thing that might never even happen in my lifetime. but also I could lay down the foundation or make the blueprint so the future could use it.
>>
>>17234111
U bet they do :p
>>
>>17234121
Maybe they could also practice masterbation on him, you know, they saved his life so they might as well give him something to do, right?!
>>
>>17234111
>They give CPR dummies penises?!

You've never heard of mouth to benis resuscitation?
>>
>>17234129
lel
send a cpr dummy to the past. What next?
>>
>>17233990
>you should be safe to "tell/predict" what locations temporal movement begins
I'm safe, sure, but their safety is another matter entirely. I'm not trying to start a war here.
>>17233996
>Is it possible to jump over to another timeline?
Yes. It requires jumping to the past, steering history in the direction you want to travel, and jumping back to the future. If you can locate the portal that originally caused the divergence, you can opt to use that portal instead of recreating the original changes. Through recursive iteration of this process, you can travel very far from your original timeline.
>what's the difference between a dimension and a timeline?
I think of dimensions are entirely separate places, like Alice's Wonderland. Timelines are separate in a way that preserves history, such that some things are different, but most of it is the same.

Traveling chronologically isn't the same as travel in a spacial direction.
>>17234024
Effectively, yes. I can choose to defect at any time and for any reason, and so my reactions, and the future along with them, would change. Only my desire to stick to the plan can keep the plan in effect in any way.
>>17234050
All the wrong ones, I assure you. All the wrong ones.
>>17234062
I'm not in a "fixing" position. History needs me to observe silently much more than it needs me to be the one that proves time travel. My job is to note, but never act on, temporal information.

This is not to say that my job won't change some time soon. Observation is not without its own special class of risks, and there are certain events that would force me to change my behavior in any timeline that I bore witness to them in.
>>17234067
That could actually turn out pretty decently. I'll make that the primary goal of the next thread until further notice.
>>17234088
Absolutely. The question is whether or not you actually would, but yes, it's definitely possible.
>>17234099
>without any influence to your original timeline
Not entirely true.
>
>>
Literally:
> Time travelling for Dummies
>>
>>17234053

Somebody has studied their Talmud or whatever!

Are you Book of Mormon man tho?
>>
>>17234141
You know that time travel is going to be invented by someone else at some point in this timeline so why hold it from us? Why not take some of us under your wing teach us how to use it properly and then we just pass down in secrecy until we have an army of time knights who could enforce time travel that you already know need to be in place.
>>
>>17234141
>>17234161
Time travel laws that need to be in place. Sorry typo
>>
>>17234099
You're right that you'll travel back to every possible reaction to your own attempt to travel back in time.

In some cases though, you'll travel back to a world that has a possible reaction of no reaction. Those are the fun ones.
>>17234115
>would it be a worthy and righteous path
Provided you can assure that your device/method will create and/or maintain equilibrium, yes, yes it would be worthy. Usually you'll suffer some form of attempt at intervention when you choose that path. 99.999999% of all people that succeed will be able to create and maintain equilibrium simply because they managed to create a uniquely new device. It's not a trivial undertaking, but you know that already.

I can't answer whether or not it'd be safe to talk about it with friends and family. It depends mostly on the nature of the device you're creating. You're the only person that can unequivocally know how people will react to the existence of your device. It really is up to you how people will think to use it.

Your "blueprint" philosophy is a very good one. It's true that some inventors of temporal technology never did see their invention personally, but did successfully design one. I'd say it's worth as much f your time as you can invest in it without going bonkers. If you only end up spending six months working on it, that's still worth it in my book.
>>17234161
The hard problem there is taking someone under my wing. I've chosen to use 4chan for public dissemination of temporal information, so there's a very real risk of having any anon I work with disappear on me. I don't want to endanger anyone else for the sake of my silent observation. But you do raise a valid point in that time travel needs to happen in order for my time/effort observing to mean anything.
>>
>>17234161
>This is not a matter of whys but a matter of BUT()s.
>
>>
>>17234185
Theres plenty of people who would be willing to risk their lives to protect time, many people have gave their lives for less.
>>
>>17234197
That's 98% of what I want to hear. Unfortunately, I do aim for the narrow distinction between 'maintain equilibrium' and 'allow for physical time travel.' The timestream suffers natural protection in spades for the most part. I aim for laxer, more reasonable law to protect our ability to use it freely. Sometimes it takes some noise to get the timestream flowing. It is protection that I desire, but only in a very specific and balanced way. Too much protection of the timeline at the expense of the rights of the people inside that timeline will only create horrible tangents of history that need to fix those problems all over again. Maintaining equilibrium, protecting history, and ensuring equal rights for the past and future peoples alike are three separate problems. I want to protect our alternates more than anything.
>>
>>17234241
Why did you choose to protect this timeline? There has to be an infinite amount of other timelines
>>
>>17234250
This is where history landed me when I did nothing to change history. You could say this is the most organic place in history for me. It takes discipline to ignore reality because otherwise you'll end up in the first timeline you come across with no hope of rescue precisely because having no hope of rescue causes you to treat your jump point as the place you'll have to live from now on. You have to be willing to let history play itself out, with all its turmoils fully intact if you want to get to the root of all origins. Observation becomes exponentially harder the longer the period you wish to observe.
>>
Does tripole EM field or something and the city of Omaha in Nebraska ring a bell to you.
>>
>>17234279
No, but a decent tripole hypothesis is a good start.

The trick is to make sure it's a decent hypothesis.
>>
>>17234275
From what year have you been observing us?
>>
File: opsafaggot.png (22KB, 642x530px) Image search: [Google]
opsafaggot.png
22KB, 642x530px
>real Time traveler here, ama q&a roleplay
>>
>>17228995
I swear. If he dies because of the "He'll be fine meme." I am gonna freak.
>>
>>17234308
2014 so far. It's possible I'll go further back in my future if my observation skills prove necessary for maintaining equilibrium.
>>
>>17234321
Since you wont tell us how to travel time what would be the first step in figuring out how to do it yourself
>>
Will we live with dinosaurs in the future?
>>
>>17234332

In this timeline yes, that's going ot happen through DNA manipulation.
Some dinosaurs will be held in captivity, others will be freed in the wild as ethologists' experiments.
>>
>>17234337

That's amazing timebro
>>
>>17234337
Have you experienced timelines of peaceful contact with extraterrestrial beings?
>>
Back in 2007 I clearly saw a post about an alleged time traveler that was quickly dismissed on /b/. The localization gave by his attached picture with the exif data geo coordinates was the middle the pacific ocean.
While this was said that it could have been edited, what has made me go wtf last year was that he had an apple iwatch. And I clearly remember him saying that this was an iwatch that would arrive in a couple of years.

Last year the iwatch arrived on the market.
>>
>>17234369

In one timeline extraterrestrial beings come on Earth during the Middle Ages, in the Near East. People welcomed them peacefully and both societies integrated well, giving birth to a prosperous civilization who lasted until year 2054, in which a major war occurred.
>>
>>17234373
OP only said hes been watching us since 2014
>>
>>17234328
Learn physics. Ignore quantum mechanics and go back to Einstein's era. Think about how every new civilization that invents time travel has advantages in derailing the past with wrong belief systems. To see the quantum entangled debacles in the light of a time traveler's information observation paradoxes is entirely optional, but can be key to realizing the structure of temporal physics. You have to see not just behind the curtain cast by the future, but past the curtain cast by every future that would've been created if the future you would've created in seeing the structure behind the curtain had come to pass.

You have to not only see the future, but see yours in a way that allows you to experience it without a hint of deviation from each of your alternates. It's a significant undertaking that'll be fraught with many attempts to cause some kind of deviation in time.

Suppose it takes you a year to learn time travel, if you start right now. Suppose it then takes you three weeks to build the device. At that point in time, where does your future self jump back to to prove to every possible version of himself that it worked?

It is entirely possible that you'll make the wrong decision in your future and never observe the proof that you yourself set out to make.

There is no ultimate "first step." All the pieces of the puzzle of the future have to fit in exactly the right positions or your proof loop will never complete, converge, or reaffirm itself. Physics is quite literally the least of your worries here.

The "first" step is to stop associating things as "first" or "next" or "last." Timeless reasoning is a must in this field. Doubt isn't just the enemy here; it is as lethal as confidence. Time loops are fickle creatures.
>>17234332
I certainly hope so, but no. The future doesn't get quite that extravagant.
>>17234337
We must be from different futures, then.
>>17234373
That's certainly interesting.
>>17234388
Did you save the pics?
>>
File: 8773458467056557.jpg (47KB, 420x371px) Image search: [Google]
8773458467056557.jpg
47KB, 420x371px
Where can I get the crystals for pic related?
>>
>>17234415
http://www.livescience.com/51219-jurassic-world-real-dinosaur-breeding.html

You must be looking at the wrong future OP
>>
>>17234447
you actually believe op?
>>
>>17234454

Why should you not believe me?

I find your lack of faith disturbing
>>
>>17234459
Why are you trying to act like you're me? I'm the real OP
>>
>>17234459
Because
1. youre not op
2. op has no proof
3. not even predictions just question dodging and general coverall answers
4. hes a role playing fag who is successfully tricking half you into believing this bullshit.

give me proof or a solid reason to believe you. you cant. this thread is spam
>>
OP here I also forgot to mention I'm a girl.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 940x1524px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 940x1524px
>>17228571
can you identify any irregularities in my timeline.
i'm curious :3
any signs of tampering, goofing, or fixing.
im pretty sure im a chaos beast that has a pretty good way of fixing things after the fact.
can you detect that? or am i free from the confines of your perception.
>>
>>17228824
sup man
>>
>>17234485
whats your middle name
>>
>>17234470

I won't accept this kind of childish games, right?

>>17234484

I'm telling the truth here because 4chan will become one of the main news channels in the world (together with Daily Stormer and Radio Padania) and major source of democracy
>>
>>17234493
That is not important. For I have many middle names throughout the timelapses and spaces in time and history. What is important is the upcoming events or should I say.. The past events.
>>
Is time travelling nearly as cool as hoping on the TARDIS?

Would you take me along through time and space?
>>
File: QAKFpPF.gif (967KB, 490x367px) Image search: [Google]
QAKFpPF.gif
967KB, 490x367px
>>17234509
>>
What major world events happen from now to whatever time you supposedly come from?
>>
>>17234514
Maybe. :^)
>>
>>17234513
how can i find out how broken my timeline is, and how much i can use it.
>>
>>17234513
who is the first person to create TT
>>
what is going to happen to us on this timeline Nicole
>>
>>17234524

Try googling Bruno Lauzi. I read a thread about him 2 months ago I guess. Crazy stuff
>>
>>17234520
A lot.
>>
>>17234530

Thanks anon. I remember that thread too and got quite scared desu
>>
>>17234530
an italian musician cool
>>
>>17234530

is this guy? Fuck now I remember where I saw that deep face.

The story was quite impressing too, are there any more evidences?
>>
File: lauzi.jpg (170KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
lauzi.jpg
170KB, 640x420px
>>17234530

I like his songs
>>
>>17234541
>>17234537
can you explain this I cant find anything on him
>>
>>17234530

Hey senpai, I'm not a cuck desu
>>
>>17234530

Still got the creeps about that actually
>>
>>17234415
You see I'm a 4chan lurker since 2004.

And luckily I have a fuckhuge 4chan folder of pics saved since the start of my time browsing here. It is saved, it has to be. But I can't find it. And trust me I've been looking for it. And since I have no order it just save everything in 1 gigantic mess of a folder. But luckily, since I have no order in that folder everything can be rearranged by date.

I remember it. I remember saving the screen-capture of the thread. And it has been reposted. Yet I cant find it.

Let me look again. I have already asked others if they have it saved somewhere. They remember it but they don't have the screencap either.
>>
>>17234484
>coverall answers
Those take effort, you know. The future gets tricky when it needs to be, and if you don't cover all the possible outcomes, the one that you didn't plan for will inevitably be your undoing.
>>17234485
That's handy.
>>17234486
By necessity, no. If you were a result of modifications to the timeline as a result of this thread, I'd have no way to detect that in advance. I can only defer to my future in that regard.
>>17234513
Preferably you'd call them upcoming because you should speak the dialect of the target era rather than the dialect of a region in history that has yet to exist at this point in time.
>>17234514
Not as such, no, but the use of distant temporal coordinates can create the appearance of pocket dimensions. It can, given enough time to set it up, be larger on the inside.

And yes, I'd take you along anon.
>>17234521
Definitely not a maybe. I'd jump with any anon.
>>17234520
I'm from the current era, so between now and now, nothing.
>>17234523
It's hard to say without meeting somehow. There are things that happen naturally that can appear as temporal manipulation to the ignorant and there are things that are undoubtedly artificial that can seem entirely innocuous and natural. My goal with the equilibrium philosophy is to create a way to remain stable despite any possible modifications to your personal timeline.
>>
>>17234553
wewewewewewewewewewewewew quality shitposting you quueeeers
>>
>>>/pol/61288819

How will art change in the future? Is it going to be more and more abstract and unintelligible?
>>
>>17234562
will you meet me help me jump.
>>
>>17234532
Name some.
>>
>>17234550

He's a famous Italian singer and writer who sang a song about his meeting with a space traveler. He describes in the song some stuff from the future and some of them actually became true. I should find out some more details
>>
>>17234562
>4486and
>4523
i wasnt asking if you had caused me to spin off,
i was asking if you had the resources to detect if i had been.
or if im in a time loop, and the nature of that loop if it exists.
>>
>>17234595
thanks, I will look into him ^^
>>
>>17234601

They're shitposting, there's literally nothing about him who relates time travel.

I'm Italian senpai, I know that good singer.
>>
Just don't forget the crystals.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U_7RPu-cLfs
>>
>>17234561
It's not uncommon for digital evidence to disappear.

History can often appear as if it's set in stone, but you have to remember that once a moment passes, it's gone.
>>17234577
It'll do that, too. As much as things more towards realism and photographic replication of reality, it'll also move just as much in the opposite direction. Cartoon styles get more diverse and creative. Art tends to try to make itself as diverse as possible and technology plays a large role in creating new modes of artistic expression.
>>17234582
No. Not at this time. Not for me, anyway. I doubt my future self will have time or permission for the jumps it'd take to come back to this moment. Try to think in terms of creating opportunities for such jumps rather than trying to get them to happen as soon as possible. Give the future options, not an ultimatum.
>>17234598
>if im in a time loop
If you don't know whether or not you're in a time loop, it's safe to say that you're not in a time loop. You might be engaged in causal parasitism, but that's not a way to make a stable loop. Unstable loops aren't called loops because they aren't real loops. As I said, I don't have any temporal tech on me right now, so no extracausal detection here.
>>
>>17234042
Can you prove you're telling the truth? No.

I want to believe you, OP, but I think all this thread is full of nonsence until you show actual proof. Even the John Titor's story was more believable at this point of the conversation.
>>
>>17234641
I won't deny that there's a very real "stalling for time" aspect to my observations.
>>
>>17234608
thank you too, I felt the shitpost seems it always happens when I want to know something
>>
>>17234627
How do I jump? How do I find someone to help me jump? Why wont you
>>
>>17234562
>>17234627
>>17234650
Its my time lapsing, time traveling doppelganger!! Do not listen to him anons he means to lead you astray from the truth.. What timeline are you in imposter? Meet me at timeline 00xcf-25 and we can end this.. Once and for all.
>>
>>17234650
I feel like something is going to happen soon. I feel deep down something is coming.
Am I right? Will I be used for something great, will life get better or worse?
>>
>>17234675
>Why wont you
Prior, or in this case, potential future engagements.

It actually hadn't occurred to me to think about ways to find someone else to help you jump. Let me think about that for a bit get back to you on it.
>>
>>17234685
/thread
Well its official, this is fake thanks for wasting all our times.
>>
>>17234685

I believe you based timebro.
>>
Will European people be replaced by a huge wave of African and Middle Eastern migrants?

How about the US?
>>
>>17234685
are you new?
that seems like the best way to post in a thread ever.
being able to give fresh ideas, new perspectives, at the same moment.
delightful.
>>17234627
>If you don't know whether or not you're in a time loop, it's safe to say that you're not in a time loop.
but what if its a time loop that its impossible to know if you're actually in, or if you're in an infinitely variable number of potential other time loops that result in an identical outcome from this perspective.
everyone knows that enlightenment occurs in certain individuals by reliving their lives, in order to gain evidence further than they previously had and expand possibility.
if this is true, then it retains the the realm of possibility to escape, and live lives in other worlds, of a spiritual or extraterrestrial nature, and then return to the previous life with that extraneous knowledge, although have no way of determining precisely, if you are in a loop where you are able to escape, or a loop where you are merely returning continuously.

could you tell me if I'm fictional?
or if god is a jerk.
or if fictional is real, so that he isn't.
>>
TL;DR did this time traveling shitball post any convincing things or no?
>>
>>17234765
not a single one
>>
>>17230602
>There's only four quarters in a year, so by the third thread things should be remarkably clear. >I'm hoping it'll get clearer must faster than that

You and everyone else.
You say there's "hundreds" of these devices already, but won't give us schematics.
Riiiight.
>>
>>17234675
>>17234688
Shoot, so it turns out this is actually a pretty challenging problem. It's trivial to solve in a post-reputation society, but this thread was made for the modern era so it needs a local solution. If I can't deliver a decent answer by tomorrow, I'll create a thread in two weeks with the best solution I can design.
>>
File: love.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
love.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>17234053
>Most important ingredient is LOVE
LOVE?!?
WHO'S BEEN SCREWING WITH THIS THING?!?
>>
Which part of teh URL?
>>
>>17234053
w8 man you sayin that my scat fetish will change the world?
>>
how long do you plan on staying in this timeline?

when do you go back? and when you go back where would you go back to? what timeline? what country?

would you take anyone with you if you were to find the right candidate from this present to time travel?
>>
If you kill all of your alternates, do you become "The One"?
>>
>>17234975

GOT TO KEEP ON BURNIN' ON THE ROAD TO ZION YEA!
>>
I am still curious as to why someone who wants to achieve something of value would go to a place filled with people who will not ever achieve anything of value?
>>
File: 1429920847247.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1429920847247.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>17228409
Will time travel be publicly revealed this year or no? And if not, when?
>>
>>17235039
do you really expect timetravel to be revealed this year? think.
>>
>>17235009
because those who still try are more valuable than any other.
>>
>>17235043
yeah my very own nigger
>>
This thread is very interesting. I've read a lot of the replies all the way up and down, but it's possible I could have missed the answers to my questions:

As a physical entity, are you damaged in any way/shape/form when jumping/traveling?

In examples from fictional movies and ideas, would time travel or teleportation work my creating a copy or "clone" of yourself, living on with the memories and experiences of your previous being? If that's the case, who's to say we're the same person? Would it be like dying and resurrecting from the dead?

I don't doubt you like others in this thread; hell, I may be the one you're trying to get a hold of.
>>
>>17235046
But 4chan is a refuge of those who have stopped trying?
>>
>>17235097
precisely.
it makes them stand out even more.
>>
>>17234688
Hm, not one piece of evidence in a 220+ reply thread, you're either trolling, dellusional or a fraud provide evidence or STFU
>>
>>17235148
You seem to be saying that there are people who are still trying mixed in amid those who have given up.

But that is just escapism
>>
>>17235215
you seem to be saying that you've given up, and partake in a form of exercise where you believe others to be forced into sharing that sentiment.
But this is just brainwashing.
>>
>>17234686
>Will I be used for something great
Thinking in terms of being used isn't how great men are made. Make your life get better, don't expect a savior.
>>17234726
No. People aren't actually trying to make races mix on the scale you're imagining. Sometimes the bloodlines need to be rearranged to build empathy between future nations so that negotiation can lead to peace, but that practice happens exactly once when it happens. There's no constant faction that seeks towards that goal in perpetuity. Most of futures that we work with don't care about race at all.
>>17234760
>what if [...] its impossible
Then you're not asking a real question.
>everyone knows
In which timeline? Keep in mind that knowing the future allows one to disrupt that same future. How we learn depends entirely on which timeline we're in and how the future judges certain types of knowledge. Sometimes suppression happens. It's not useful for the past, but the past is rarely given any rights in such disputes.

1. You're not fictional.
2. "God" is often a royal jerk.
3. Fiction wouldn't be fiction if it was real.
4. It's safe to say you've been tampered with if this is how you actually think.
5. If you don't choose to reaffirm it, it isn't a time loop. By definition.

>>17234818
It's not like I came here with a USB stick full of all the information /x/ would want to download from the future, nor have I memorized dozens of different schematics for the sake of recreating them in MS Paint. Time travel isn't the same as omniscience. Not the way I use it, anyhow.
>>17234936
The link is given twice, in two different forms. One has the password URL encoded after the hash sign (#) and the other has it URL encoded after the question mark. I intentionally created a semantic difference between the two URLs for the sake of advanced tracking protocols.
>>17234946
>how long do you plan on staying in this timeline?
Indefinitely. Observation requires being present for the entire duration of the given time period.
>>
>>17234946
>where would you go back to? what timeline? what country?
I'd like to remain in the US if they ever figure out how to negotiate peacefully. My second choice would probably be Australia for no particular reason. I honestly don't care about which timeline; my goals exist in a timeless state that's designed to be compatible with any version of history. 2100 is my usual suggestion for a forward jump date. Any time in that century with a bias towards the earliest possible decade.
>would you take anyone with you if you were to find the right candidate from this present to time travel?
Absolutely. For me, time travel is a "the more the merrier" type deal. I know most rewards systems designed for use with organized time travel society rapidly converge on having a strong pull to coming home as soon as possible, but that's really just a way of mistrusting each individual equally. Gaming rewards systems becomes silently common when that happens: Everyone does it, but nobody says how or why. It's a false form of public awareness. No real coordination in a "society" like that.

/x/ tends to be full of the right sorts of candidates.
>>17234975
Yes, but it's a lot less impressive than the movie makes it out to be. It can be a decent way to hide your motives and TDT, but it's not looked upon as kindly as you might want to believe.
>>17235009
Three words: Low hanging fruit.
>>17235046
This.
>>17235039
I'm sure there will be attempts to diverge the timeline this year, but they're not likely to create any sort of stable reaction in time. Personally, I hold that December 13th, 2020 is the earliest safe Open Contact date.
>>17235089
>As a physical entity, are you damaged in any way/shape/form when jumping/traveling?
Not if the gate's been stabilized, no. Punching a hole through time and space has never been the image of ease of access and public safety. It takes some cautious engineering to get it done. No cloning is involved in the act itself. Not inherently, anyway.
>>
>>17236136
This is dedication. Nice work, OP.
>>
>>17234765
They never do. Even that faggot who made John Titor got everything wrong.
>>
>>17229347
Ice on the rim.
>>
I have done a lot of research on time travel and I have come to the conclusion that time travel could only exist if the "machine" was a constant. So you would only be able to travel back to when the machine was first built. Kind of like it records time and can rewind you to the point you wish. Is this correct?
>>
Duuude, just now at work the notion of time travel came up as a discussion. And I asked the question:

"What if the past is just as malleable as the future?"

Most of my friends thought I was an idiot or didn't care to give the question much thought. I however had a thirst to know... And now here you are adressing me on it. I take it as a sign and I thank you for it.
>>
So I had the idea that if someone could trace back time to the beginning then mathematically you could predict the future. Any thoughts on this line of logic?
>>
>>17236320

>Most of my friends thought I was an idiot or didn't care to give the question much thought

cuz ur a total autist...

...I could also smash your skull in until you have memory loss and give you a fake textbook

"OOOoOOO AAaAAAHHH THE PaaAAAaAAST IS MALLEABLE!"

I can literally hear spaghetti plop down by the tonne.
>>
By the time one realise this thread is a fraüd, the continous divergence will have already converged on a dented spatial tangent. Iow fuck you and yourself. My delusionalnwaifu can do better than that to be a timeliner...
>>
>>17236419

I think you sound like a Scientologist who's late to the party with that "line of logic".
>>
Now then, here is an actual question. What makes time timeless?
>>
>>17236565

His boss told him some area was timeless and because he's spineless he just regurgitates stupid bullshit all day.

Funny how "time travelers" always have some authority to bow to.
>>
File: SG0suzuha.jpg (45KB, 540x1350px) Image search: [Google]
SG0suzuha.jpg
45KB, 540x1350px
>>17236570
ikr, still gotta thank him for making me feel like finishing that awkwardly long weeb novel, steindo;gate (stuck at 80%) and actuallybecoming a realtripfag.
>>
So let's just say that theoretically in a bunch of different timelines there is a version of me. That version has consciousness.

What does that say about consciousness?
>>
What is the strangest timeline you have been to?

Do you visit yourself in other timelines?

Do you visit your parents or dead versions of yourself?

Can you go back to the original timeline you jumped from?

How are different timelines labeled or differentiated from one another? Is there a label or one for this timeline?

Do you feel sad that you will not be able to see your parents or friends or relatives or people you knew from the timeline you jumped from?

Do time travelers interact with aliens and UFO's? Do they know you are time traveling?

Are aliens actually time travelers?

What are some things that were prevented from happening in this timeline?

Anything special about 2012?

Ever meet another time traveler?
>>
>>17236676
We are all travelling forward in time. In a sense we are all time travellers, humans and animals alike. Take a pebble for instance. Lets say you throw it away but it will always land somehwere regardless of where you have thrown it. Lets say it hits an old lady's head and she dies. Its as simple as that.
>>
>>17236676
>>17236676
why does it seem like all your questions are pretentious? like you're trying to imitate someone
>>
>>17236692
>literally OP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>17236552
Lmao ok
>>
>>17236313
This is a really cool idea, can anyone expand on it?
>>
>>17236313
sometimes this is a thing, but usually the machine itself is creating a field and traveling through time as well, and not just transporting travelers through points of its own existence
>>
>>17236665
either:humans are a swarm in space time
or:you live every variation concurrently.
every variation gets their heavens.
keep in mind this is me though.
>>17234760
ive been thinking about that for a very long time
>>17236676
tomokos
no, i travel through them using my perception.
[basically dissalowing entire timelines from existing free of themselves by breaking them into pieces and interspercing them with other timelines to create optimal lives for myself.]
[dont know, everything might be fake.]
[dont know, even that might be fake,]
[:3]
[sometimes]
[i got the reptilians,
they found out what i was doing, and i them.
i won? or this universe is fake.
or their universe is fake.
or both universes are fake to eachother:
or:
both me and the reptilian god came to the agreement that a split in spacetime was the optimal solution to any potential conflict between our species, rendering both universes perfectly canon alternatives to eachother.[meaning, if you can see a human, you are in a human universe.] although we can still fight later because reasons]
either that or the forces of nature got rid of them so i could focus on humans like im supposed to.
>i am the best and the worst diplomat of humanity.
welcome to the great spread.
>>
>>17237175
not at all traveling through time, merely potentials and opportunity choices.
i recognize the universes that my decisions lead me to.
>>
File: enhanced-5288-1450280525-11.png (548KB, 518x396px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-5288-1450280525-11.png
548KB, 518x396px
Well its been a fun read, op. The thread is getting too populated and has carried on too long for my liking now.
You really convinced some actual people with zero evidence, proof, hints, or even predictions. You made this thread without a shred of credibility and stuck without it through 250+ reply's and still managed to get legit questions from people who might actually believe you.
You trolled well, many keks were had
Farewell
>>
>>17228599
Wise question my friend, very underrated.

What faggot OP and most ITT haven't realised is that you cannot create a "machine" that will propel you through "time". It's physics 101. How da fuck can you create a mechanical metal box that can "reverse" time, without itself being ripped apart and put back together in a previous state? Nevermind the fact that "time" is not a linear traversable dimension like in the movies.

There is no going back to a previous state, machine or not. The past doesn't exist. The concept of past is merely your brain remembering a previous state of existence, you can't actually "go" there. It's not a place.
>>
File: 1450027711998.jpg (685KB, 697x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1450027711998.jpg
685KB, 697x1000px
>>17237225
anthropic principle would beg to differ.
>>
>>17228571
I've noticed things off, changes in the landscape and different birthdays of some celebrities. just minor stuff and this over a few years.
>>
>>17228409
You've given me everything I need.

brown
bear
>>
OP, I'm a little late, but I have some questions.

As far as I am aware, there are only two time travelers in existence, everywhere throughout time, and whenever I see someone else talking about it, I always have to check with them, see if there are others.

My first question is in regards to your explanation that 2016 is the year of time travel development.
My question is: why tell such a blatant lie?
Are you hoping to draw the attention of someone who actually knows when it was perfected?
Are you trying in some vain attempt to protect these people from riding a change ripple?
Even if you are, you should know that according to the Truvinsingt/Merchant model, you're not going to violate causality.
There's only one way to actually pull that off, and I'm the only one who's ever done it.

My second question is in simple regards to your understanding of history:
What can you tell me about 2039, 2046, 2119, and 2432?
>>
My mind was once flown through time to a man who had just discovered or created working time travel.

He was a white guy, probably in his 50s with glasses, and was bald on his head (badly receading). He was possibly surprised that I was there, but it was VERY powerful. Similar to times I had connected to otherworldly consciousnesses.

Who the hell was this guy OP?
>>
>>17228409
Forward time travel is very possible.

Time dilation and heavy gravity warping spacetime (orbiting a black hole) allowing you to slow down your aging

The real trick is travelling back in time.
>>
>>17241009
I'm not OP,
but if he was French, then it sounds an awful lot like Alexander Truvinsingt.
Although, he didn't invent time travel per se, he worked with Christina Merchant to create a model for the universe that explained phenomena, and opened the gateway to time travel research.
If you've had experiences where you've actually seen this, I'd love to get in contact with you.

>>17241014
Quantum Disobservation is the method through which my time machine is able to freely "move" about through time.
>>
>>17241023
I was asleep at the time.

I remember coming out of the portal, and my awareness growing massive as it entered the new room or area I was in.

It was like waking up and feeling your mind grow accustomed to the new area you are in but amplified 50 times, and very, very sudden.

I remember the portal was red/black when leaving it, but while I was travelling through it, it was like travelling through a pin hole.

I believe the room I entered was brick, and I do remember some science machinery type stuff, but I was only there for a few a moments. He saw me, was suprised and upset and the thought sliced through my mind like a knife through butter (it wasnt from in my own mind, it was like it was being projected in me) that THIS was the first successful time travel event.

It felt like a ridiculously strong mushroom trip.

Ive had weird dreams, and sleep paralysis before, but the only time I ever felt anything similar to this was a time I was standing in a bowl of light in my dreams and a disembodied voice spoke to me clear as day. The voice was incredibly powerful, the vibrations were so clear. Now it wasnt the same, but its the only reference point or event in my life I have to compare it to.

I know all this info probably wont help you, but this has bugged me for awhile. It felt like getting sucked through a vacuum.
>>
>>17228409
Assuming this is a physical transference, under some kind of guidance, would it be possible to construct a beacon for the purposes of hitchhiking?
>>
>>17241047
I don't believe that when traveling through time, there are any red and black portals.
Although, perhaps a feeling of being in a vacuum may be comparable without a vessel like my machine, it's impossible to induce time travel on something outside of the disobservation field, in other words, you can't make someone else time travel. Perhaps though, the pin hole metaphor may be more applicable than you realize.
Either way, Dr. Truvinsingt's personal laboratory isn't made of brick. His old university's server room, which was the first location in which he worked with Dr. Merchant, was carpeted and had reddish walls, but not brick.
So I'm sorry to say, it seems like you just had a really vivid dream.
>>
>>17241062
>reddish walls
That could have bee nit. It happened very quickly, and the most distinc part of the memory is the man himself.

Im pretty sure he was upset, he wasnt expecting me. I remember red walls though, could be why I thought brick?

Ahh well, who knows.
>>
>>17229339
>>
>>17241111
So... trips are now 69, is that what you're telling me?
>>
>>17241115
3+3= 69 dude!
>>
BUT WHERE WAS PHONE
>>
>>17241148
behind you
>>
File: images (1).jpg (39KB, 312x472px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
39KB, 312x472px
Yeah nice thread OP BUT DO YOU HAVE THIS???

2000-2050? GIVE IT TO ME NOW
>>
>>17241263
That plot point always bothered me.

Maybe not after the first dozen wins, or even half dozen reality would start changing, and the wins would change.

What if Biff freaking won so much money and bought so much property that the almanac was never even written? Or he did something that make it so that great QB never became a footballer?

Doesnt make sense.
>>
>>17241062
any cool prophets coming up soon?
Thread posts: 289
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.