[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wim Hof - A Real Life Penguin Human

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: wim hof.jpg (196KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wim hof.jpg
196KB, 1500x1000px
Discuss Wim Hof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaMjhwFE1Zw

>Wim Hof (born 20 April 1959) is a Dutch daredevil, commonly nicknamed "The Iceman" for his ability to withstand extreme cold. Research has shown that Wim Hof is able to control his autonomic nervous system and this ability can be learned.

His feats:

>Hof holds 20 world records, including a world record for longest ice bath. He stayed immersed in ice for 1 hour, 13 minutes and 48 seconds at Guinness World Records 2008.

>Wim describes his ability to withstand extreme cold temperatures as being able to "turn his own thermostat up" by using his mind.

>In February 2009 Hof reached the top of Mount Kilimanjaro in his shorts (no shirt) within two days.

>In 2007 he climbed to 6.7 kilometres (22,000 ft) altitude at Mount Everest wearing nothing but shorts and shoes, but failed to reach the summit due to a recurring foot injury.

>In 2009 Hof completed a full marathon (42.195 kilometres (26.219 mi)), above the arctic circle in Finland, in temperatures close to −20 °C (−4 °F). Dressed in nothing but shorts, Hof finished in 5 hours and 25 minutes. The challenge was filmed by Firecrackerfilms, who make productions for BBC, Channel 4 and National Geographic.

>Hof again broke the ice endurance record in 2010 by standing fully immersed in ice for 1 hour and 44 minutes in Tokyo, Japan.

>In 2011 Hof broke the ice endurance record twice, in Inzell in February and in New York in November. The Guinness World Record is now set for 1 hour and 52 minutes and 42 seconds by Hof.

>In September 2011, Hof ran a full marathon in the Namib Desert without water.
>>
More feats:

>In research done by Radboud University (The Netherlands) Wim Hof trained a group of 12 volunteers to prove the immune system can be modulated. He had already proved in 2011 the ability to control his own immune system. The results, published today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, suggest that people can learn to modulate their immune responses — a finding that has raised hopes for patients who have chronic inflammatory disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease.

>On 19 April 2012, an episode of the US television program Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files, featuring Hof, was broadcast. Hof was tested against a member of the team named Austin, both sitting in a tank full of ice. Austin sat in the tank for about 20 minutes, with his surface body temperature falling to four degrees Celsius. When he got out of the water, the other two team members used a heat camera to reveal that his surface body temperature was at about four degrees Celsius. Hof's core body temperature stayed the same for the entire twenty minutes, as did his heart rate. He managed to stay submerged for over ninety minutes.

>Many people he's taught his method to have cured their diseases and conditions.
>>
This is a real paranormal man and none of you seem to care, you rather get caught up in paranormal delusions that haven't been proven. This thread should be pinned.
>>
File: 6965638_four_elements_symbol.jpg (300KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6965638_four_elements_symbol.jpg
300KB, 1920x1080px
Now master fire nigga
>>
>>17227085
According to hieroglyphic texts it has been done and was teachable.
>>
>>17227023

Nothing much to say really. The opposite has been done before. The guy that did it began fires instead of embracing the cold.
>>
>>17227085

already been done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXfyrWRbmss
>>
Makes you wonder if we all have the potential
>>
>>17227023
bumping
>>
>>17227327
I really believe we do, it's a matter of being immensely willful.
>>
>>17227165
Alright, now master the art of shitting in a toilet.
>>
>>17227327
I think those VICE reporters from the OP managing to climb 1400+ metres naked using Wim Hof's techniques is a pretty solid example that we do indeed have the potential.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tummo
>>
>>17227402
It is, just watch the vice vid with Hof.
>>
you just need a strong tolerance for pain.

i imagine bathing in icecubes probably feels like tiny knives all over you
>>
>>17227097
Source, please. Preferable one that is not from a pseudoscience/new age site.
>>
I wonder if he's channeling demonic energy?

Most humans can only do amazing feats once a demon takes over their body. This one guy after his grandfather died who abused/molested him, he was able to make water rain down from ceilings even though there was no plumbing issues in any of the buildings. Eventually he realized it was a demon inside of him causing it and he got saved.

About the demonic rainmaker:
http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Don_Decker

Wim Hof's wife committed suicide and afterwards he was able to figure out how to regulate his temperature to do his feats. I wonder if he is possessed by a demon.
Also this Bionic girl doesn't feel pain, need to sleep, and she never gets hungry: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/635009/Mystery-of-BIONIC-GIRL-who-doesn-t-eat-sleep-or-feel-pain-even-when-hit-by-a-CAR

I bet a demon is in her or I dunno.

Why do I think demons are causing humans to become superhuman?

Jesus/God says we're nothing without them. I'm so confused.
>>
>>17227023
your mom should be pinned
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.