[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird Twitter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: dril.jpg (3KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
dril.jpg
3KB, 240x240px
Hello /x/. I reverse image searched an image that depicted a joke hierarchy of websites, and it led me to an archived chan8 (why is this still censored) /pol/ thread about "Weird Twitter": http://archive.is/V93Cr

I started reading through it for the hell of it, and while I didn't really care for the political discourse, it made me take a step back and really think about it: the whole thing is just so odd and chock full of esoteric "humor", yet it's popular as all hell. How the fuck have some of the more prominent members (pic related) become so famous when a lot of other people go completely ignored? Maybe there's a method to the madness that we all just don't "get". Could there actually be some level of comprehension beyond the surface-level retardation and irony, political or otherwise? Is there a shadowy group of conspirators pulling the strings and plotting schemes in backchannels, as 8/pol/ seem to suspect? I figured you guys would have something to say about it, and I'm very curious.

Post what you know. Spill the beans.
>>
bump?
>>
come on /x/ give me something to work with
>>
>>17226661

its funny. without trying to sound edgy you need to be sort of into alt humour or whatever and have a decent knowledge of niche social media shit

i think wint is a perfect example desu, he does well in parodying millennial ideas and shit like that and is always original
>>
Dril is pretty cool bruh.
>>
There is a government behind the government and they do not have humanity's best interest I'm mind.
>>
>>17226661
>>17226992
You're reaching pretty hard bro

Why do people like fuckjerry and thefatjewish have millions of followers for essentially rehashing the same stupid shit over and over again?

Dril just spews stupid shit and eventually says something genuinely funny and original. As does the rest of the "weird twitter" accounts you say.

The internet always makes stars out of unique people. Think of all the retarded youtube stars back in the day.
>>
It originates with SA and as someone said, they have a thing about signalling 'self-awareness'. They imitate others and parody them, with an eye to the bizarre. After a while the act became so refined, they took it to twitter and regurgitated the formula. Eventually a persona develops, which gains a cult status, and so wint can post "no" and get 9k thumbs, because his persona is part of the mental landscape inside those twits heads, which they imitate in their fucked up brains.

>>17227238

>its funny. without trying to sound edgy you need to be sort of into alt humour or whatever and have a decent knowledge of niche social media shit

'alt humour' 'niche social media shit'. So fucking nasally expressed. Use capital letters you pig and stop being such a web hipster.
>>
>>17227343
>'alt humour' 'niche social media shit'. So fucking nasally expressed. Use capital letters you pig and stop being such a web hipster.

i wont do what you tell me
>>
File: dfw axl.png (1MB, 1319x496px) Image search: [Google]
dfw axl.png
1MB, 1319x496px
Most of these people are irrelevant mentally ill trust fund babies or upperclass people who pretended to be communists on something awfuls former LF forum.
If the government were funding that i think it would be a waste of money and time.

Also you fight irony with sincerity like dfw taught us
>>
like 911VICTIM
?
>>
>>17227393

yes.
>>
>>17227353

this man is not me

>>17227343

id fuck you up in a fist fight
>>
>>17227380
Who's dfw?
>>
File: 1447466220829.gif (152KB, 288x200px) Image search: [Google]
1447466220829.gif
152KB, 288x200px
>>17227453
>id fuck you up in a fist fight

tough guy
>>
>>17226661
dril is just a somethingawful forums poster. Nothing spooky or weird about someone posting stupid shit on twitter. I DO IT ALL THE TIME!
>>
>>17227393
nintendo harold is I think just a depressed dude trying to be funny. I like him, but I watched a twitch stream of his and he just sounds really sad
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.