[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you anons ever sought out to do something difficult, something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

Have you anons ever sought out to do something difficult, something that you thought would be harder than anything else you have ever done before, only to be disappointed with how lethargic your feel afterwards?
>>
>>17224108
well if you have lived a physically and mentally sedentary life the things that really push your boundaries are going to be kinda low, focusing on trying to maintain a productive mental state till you develop more is part of growing after being stunted for awhile.
>>
>>17224121
IDk if that describes me, but like about 5 years ago i was molested at a Dunkin Donuts. For years I have avoided donut shops all together; just the thought of going into one has always brought be great stress. Recently, I figured I had to confront my fears and revisit the place of my molestation. Its been bothering me alot, and I cant stand having exploitable weaknesses. I just got back from the sense of the incident, and I didn't feel a damn thing the entire time. I was prepared for pretty much anything except indifference. What does that say about me?
>>
>>17224121
Please.. don't leave me here alone.
>>
>>17224108
Try running 10k when you're not a natural runner. Shit got me fucked up. At the end of the run, could only see 2 pinpricks of light, tasted blood, could barely move. I was sore for the next 3 days.
>>
>>17224266
you really think that would help me? its raining right now, but I will go out there and run if you tell me to. I trust ya anon.
>>
>>17224297
If it's your first time ever going on a long run, aim for 2 or 3 km. Trust me, it's still gonna push your limits. The first couple runs are hard, since you don't have a proper stride and your lungs might not be used to exertion. I don't know you, so I don't know what shape you're in, but don't feel self-conscious if you can't run very far for the first few weeks. If it's raining, wear a light, breathable rain shell, shorts or light rain pants, and bring a bottle of water (or hydration pack if you have one). Do NOT wear cotton, since it'll soak up the rain and make you miserable.
The endorphins after extreme physical exertion provide you with a nice altered state, so I guess that makes this an /x/ post?
You know what, I'm gonna work out right now, anon.
>>
>>17224326
Ok, you seem to be the only one reading this right now, so I will trust you, I will run for 3k. Im in decent shape, but Its been a few years since I have run that far. Think you can stay here so that I can report back after my jog? Id really appreciate it.
>>
>>17224145
Uhh maybe it means you worry to much for no reason. You can't let one experience rule your entire life like that. Don't stress so much. It's not like it resorted in any physical damage, right? It's all in your head.
>>
>>17224362
I hope your right. Im about to go on that run now, I will be back soon.
>>
>>17224347
Yeah, I'll keep this tab open. I'm just about to do some bodyweight stuff, since I've been lazy. I want to get back into yoga, both the physical and spiritual side.
>>
>>17224326
>>17224347
>>17224395
Damn it /x/, now I wanna run too now but I just ate.
>>
>>17224427
I never run unless chased. hehe

and it about kills me. so don't chase me, I'm too old.
>>
>>17224454
and fat, I forgot fat also.
>>
Yeah. I tried to meditate once for the whole day. I thought it would be easy. Just force myself to sit for as long as I had to. How bad could it be right?

I managed to meditate a few hours taking breaks in between. Felt real shitty afterwards. I never tried meditating that way ever again.

I realized I was acting out of my anxiety to get something out of meditation, and in the end, the anxiety won.

Now, I just meditate every other day for a set time, like half an hour to an hour. I don't push myself. I just do it. And it's become a habitual thing. Now I just keep in mind, one step at a time.
>>
>>17224454
>>17224470
Well you better start runnin', anon. It's comin' for you.
>>
>>17224427
Don't forget, the fatties die first in almost every apocalyptic scenario, and I know how much /x/ loves the apocalypse. So prepare yourself!
>>
>>17224378
>>17224362
>>17224427

Its OP. I just ran about 3-4km. Im too tired to convert it properly. I don't feel any different; I am just as numb as I was before, save for a slight burning I feel in my chest.
>>
>>17224526
Can I ask what it is exactly you're looking for?
>>
>>17224108
What's paranormal about this post?
>>
>>17224507
I will survive the aspocalypse by being a sneaky little bastard!
>>
>>17224552
Feelings.
>>
>>17224545
Im looking to feel something… anything.

>>17224552

Shit, I don't know. where the hell else should I post this shit?
>>
>>17224560
I don't know, I don't mod this place.
>>
>>17224574
Well, thus NICE TO KNOW...
>>
>>17224560
Well, physical exertion isone place to start. I also find running helps improve my mood but I like feeling sore and what. Though the answer to this one might not be to not search for satisfaction from outside sources. Maybe this is one of those inside deals you gotta deal with yourself. I'd still say that physical work is always a good start though personally. Try digging a whole all day and then filling it back up before sundown. It's a weird practice I do...that..I don't know..helps me not take things to seriously, I guess. Sorry feeling are weird.
>>
>>17224585
Its ok, it helps talking to other people. I tried physical exertion, but I doubt it really did anything. I don't know...
>>
>>17224597
Well whatever you do, you gotta keep at it. It probably won't do you much good in just one try with this type of problem. Try focusing on your task completely and reflecting afterwards on your work. Maybe take this as a opportunity in your life to help redefine yourself. Observe and contemplate. I know it sounds stupid but it's pretty simple and it seems like you're at a good point to try. Let go of the idea of feeling and just be. Maybe if you stop trying so hard the answer will come to you time. But you gotta stick it out. I'm serious.
>>
>>17224613
Ok… I will give that a shot. You are making sense, its just now what I excepted to hear. You know what i mean?
>>
>>17224627
I get it, I'm pretty sure I was like you at one point, and maybe still sort of am. Sometimes you can't be told the answer to your problems. You need to discover them on your own. I encourage to think about yourself and why you are this way and why and how you want to change. But take it slow. These things don't usually just reveal themselves so easily. And they take time to digest.
>>
>>17224652
You know, I really appreciate you being here for me Anon.
>>
>>17224664
Ay, I guess that's what I do.

Y-you don't have to such a f-f-faggot about it, though. B-baka.
>>
>>17224676
faggot is as faggot does.
>>
>>17224526
Damn. Well, it was worth a try.
>>
>>17224552
The spookiest spooks...are the spooks within our heart, anon.
>>
>>17224770
I hear ya, nothing gained, nothing lost.
>>17224772
What do you mean?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.