[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your favorite hoax that /x/ fell for? Remember Pronounciation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13

What was your favorite hoax that /x/ fell for?

Remember Pronounciation Book? The channel that wasted 77 days, almost 5 years for some people who followed before the countdown. All it turned out to be was an elaborate advertisement for a shitty game.
>>
>>17223319
being scorpio makes you special, having blue eyes means you are part alien, chinese people are from mars.... white people are dumb as hell hahaha
>>
When everyone said to buy house of leaves and it was a shitty book no matter how you read it

/x/ assfucked themselves with that book forever.

I bought a copy, though, so I shouldn't lel too hard
>>
Also retards who believed in and perpetuated the candlejack meme from a fucking children's cartoon.

There are retards who went to sleep afraid to type th
>>
>>17223319
BSB is still kind of ongoing. I still enjoy playing it from time to time.
>>
File: hol1.jpg (660KB, 1280x1680px) Image search: [Google]
hol1.jpg
660KB, 1280x1680px
>>17223334
house of leaves was good tho
>>
File: forReal.png (87KB, 611x614px) Image search: [Google]
forReal.png
87KB, 611x614px
>What was your favorite hoax that /x/ fell for?

Con-man troll tricks /x/ into attacking itself.
>>
>>17223328
>having blue eyes means you are part alien
Of course bullshit, but having blue eyes just means you are a little different than the others, since its a mutation that happened because god knows why. But its a harmless mutation and looks pretty so who cares.
>>
>>17223319
It's hard to say when /x/ falls for a hoax or when /x/ and /b/ are simply perpetuating a hoax intentionally, but I'd say that the best/worst one I remember was that idiotic day care in Utah that the retard paranormal warriors were determined to expose, up to and including the point they started getting banned for stalking the place and posting pictures of random stranger's kids online. It was possibly the greatest outpouring of urgent idiocy I've ever seen from /x/, reddit or just about anywhere!

It also spawned the timeless 4chan ditty INTERNET DETECTIVES! Man i wish I knew someone that had a copy of that song!
>>
Everyone fell for that story that moot sold 4chan to that confused Japanese geek.
>>
There's still people that think David Bowie really died.
>>
>>17223319
What about the times /x/ was right? Is there any example?
>>
>>17223334
I'd want a pdf of it. But damn there really just isn't one.
>>
File: axemurder.jpg (14KB, 349x317px) Image search: [Google]
axemurder.jpg
14KB, 349x317px
There's was that time that squirrel posted those pictures inside the hollow tree of the Kebler Elf Cookie Factory. Then it turned out that the elves were really running a DMT lab, fucking cops everywhere after that thread went viral. Wow!
>>
>>17223373
reddit did this also kek

that shit was so retarded
>>
>>17223390
>/x/
>right

you can only have one
>>
>>17223319
Shemita 2015
Meteor impact 2015
CERN
9/11
Sphere Earth
>>
File: NEET.jpg (140KB, 468x312px) Image search: [Google]
NEET.jpg
140KB, 468x312px
Remember those people that said /x/ was dumb, but kept coming here everyday and posting anyway?

What ever happened to them?
>>
>>17223426
i think school started
>>
>>17223404
Runner up I think was that stupid torture haunted house, but that wasn't really a hoax.
>>
Does anyone else remember the thread where OP convinced us there was a race of alien blue-haired tranny cat people that used their barbed tongues to throat rape people?
>>
Anybody remember the one where they said OP isn't a faggot? Good times.
>>
>>17223453
this never happened
>>
>>17223444
>OP convinced us
>us

You're a moron.
>>
Remember that time-traveler that said he'd come back and make people post in a thread with a picture of a white lady dressed in white and everyone laughed at him and said, "No way!"?
>>
>>17223373
So much newfaggotry in one post

Get the fuck out
>>
All the damn thread yesterday about David Bowie and some other old dudes dying while being the same age. Ever heard of Coincidence? Naturally people close to the same age will probably die at close time too.
>>
>>17223319
that large organizations don't want you to believe in magic, aliens, and conspiracies.

shills don't push down /x/ shit, they repeat , expand, and promote it.
>>
>>17223409
Kek
>>
>>17223099
>>
File: yallarepowerfullretared.jpg (117KB, 640x347px) Image search: [Google]
yallarepowerfullretared.jpg
117KB, 640x347px
>>17223319
the babievagina/simpsons prophecies of the fall of 2010 annoyed me at the time, but seeing what /x/ has degenerated into, but 3 months of faggots thinking the world was going to end every 3 days was almost seems charming now.
>>
File: 1374254633350.jpg (19KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
1374254633350.jpg
19KB, 500x404px
Does anybody remember that site with a picture of a girl, some countdown and a numbers station recording? Turned out to be something mundane or nothing happened in the end, i can't remember.
>>
>>17223444

Where can I find these aliens?
>>
>>17223456

YEAH B-B-B-BUT I'M GOOD AT MATH I JUST HAVE THE TISMS
>>
>>17224007
>Turned out to be something mundane or nothing happened in the end
that's every /x/ spurgfit ever.
>>
>>17224007
OTP22?
>>
>>17223339
Dude, that's not funn
>>
>>17223390
Only /pol/ is right. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the end of the Mayan Calendar was officially renamed "/x/ is always wrong day".
>>
tulpas

like just entirely

the whole concept

it's so fucking retarded that anybody here actually believes that nonsense
>>
>>17223426

You mean every fucking person on /x/ including you and myself? They're still here bro.
>>
Those guys who think every major massacre (from the Boston Bombings to Paris to Sandy Hook) were all faked to achieve ???????. More amusing was the fact that they started pointing at random people and saying "they're the same!!" which proved two things:

1) White people all look alike
2) /x/ was totally prepared to believe in a government smart enough to plan and fake a major assault without any leaks or incidents causing it to fall through, but too dumb to keep track of its own 'disaster actors'.
>>
>>17223319

Fucking /div/ and Tarot threads, or anything else that has to do with readings. What is up with that shit /x/? Why do you allow that bullshit? It's pretty much the reason why this thread is considered a joke. Anything else can be reported and deleted, but not those because of the consistent neck-beard circle-jerk.
>>
Barbie.avi
>>
File: 12560129686.jpg (27KB, 327x277px) Image search: [Google]
12560129686.jpg
27KB, 327x277px
Reminder that years before this image was used in the Mario Creepypasta, it was used to troll /x/ by a guy attempting to advertise his band. Even fooled /sanc/.
>>
Literally everything.
Paranormal stuff by definition is extremely rare to find, most of the time things are just a product of superstition or RPs.
>>
>>17225128
How was it used? Just curious.
>>
>>17225182

Anon said that image just appeared on his desktop. Then as the thread went on, said sound files started appearing on his computer and posted them for download. Sound files were samples of his band. Some people, or OP samefagging, started playing along, saying after listening to the sound files, the image appeared on their desktop as well, and listening to the sound files caused them to feel ill/dizzy. When viewed in the old Windows Media Player, you know, the one that displayed graphic images that reflected the music, several anons, or again, OP samefagging, said the images were all spirals, and posted pics of the file playing in the media player. This caught on like wildfire both here and at /sanc/ of a period of about 36 hours, until OP came clean and admitted it was all a hoax.
>>
>>17225220
whoa, I honestly wouldn't think most people here would fall for that.
>>
>>17225319

Even /sanc/ fell for it. Some dude even posted it on his paranormal website. It don't sound like much the way I tell it, but it was done pretty well in the actual live threads.

Nothing beats The Andre Files, though. I don't think anyone fell for that one, but man, did the author of those threads go the extra mile in the tale. Still probably my all time favorite /x/ threads due in fact to all the effort the guy put into them.
>>
>>17225319
/x/ is full of the genuinely mentally defective, never underestimate gullibility here.
>>
>>17225335
I also loved the "face of god' incident, hoax or not, it was a lot of fun. Not to mention legit spooky.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 392x500px
>>
And how about that deep water guy, am I right?
>>
File: 500px-Cats-cradle.svg.png (24KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Cats-cradle.svg.png
24KB, 500x271px
>>17223319
Cat's Cradle. HANDS DOWN.

Those guys had everyone on here going in circles for months.
>>
One time I fell for a deep water joke... and my "friends" buried me eyebrows deep in a pile of farm tears. What a savage. Slenderman bless my soul.
>>
I honestly love it when a date pops up that's supposed to be the end of the world. I love watching /x/ scramble around screaming "it's happening!" Then acting like nothing happened the next day.
>>
>>17225498
this.
>>17224005
says, it was just nuts in the last half of 2010, tards were resetting every 2-3 day totally forgetting they had the same panic attack tice that week already, it died out in '11 as things started to focus on the Mayan calendar BS, I'm kind of surprised it still hasn't re emerged like it was, but then again the post doomsday depression may have made a few of the core nuts kill themselves.
>>
>>17225451
this.

too bad none of the noobies on /x/ remember it.
>>
>>17225723
What was it and when did it happen?
>>
>>17225817
It went on every day from April 22 to July 15 I think

check the archives.
>>
>>17225723
no damn cat, and no damn cradle
>>
>>17223364
Sauce
>>
File: 1439173833005.png (243KB, 467x369px) Image search: [Google]
1439173833005.png
243KB, 467x369px
>>17223339
>Candledick man show up and kill anon
>See he was shit posting
>Hits post to make spoopy
>>
>>17223400
oh good i thought I was the only one that remembered that
>>
>>17225824
Did you call something from last year something "noobies wouldn't remember"?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.