[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The mystery of the UT Tower.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: UT Tower.jpg (1018KB, 907x936px) Image search: [Google]
UT Tower.jpg
1018KB, 907x936px
Hey, /x/. I got a spooky mystery. Maybe you can help me solve it.
The following is a first-hand account that someone told me of an occurrence they had in the UT Tower's elevator.

The preface:

I live in Austin, TX. A few months ago, I was working for a local sandwich shop downtown. Had this one lady who comes in often. Very nice and normal person. (early 30's, I think)
We would always have conversations.
One day we she had said that she used to work for UT (University of Texas) and told me about her experience in UT Tower's elevator.

What happened:

One day, she was running an errand to deliver some papers or something to one of the floors in the UT Tower.
She took the elevator, of course.
She pressed the button of the floor she needed but, apparently pressed the wrong one. The elevator started taking her to a different floor.
It reached it's stop at one of the floors closer to the top.
Something wasn't right. The elevator stopped and the doors opened. Only for a moment, she could see that this room was empty. No people, not much furniture (if any) and no lights on. It was an empty, dark room.
However, she didn't have time to analyze much because as soon as the doors opened to this strange floor, she felt like she couldn't breathe. She said it felt like someone had taken the oxygen out of the air. The elevator's emergency phone had started ringing but she wasn't able to answer it because she was trying not to pass out as her suffocation forced her crouching to the floor gasping.
All of a sudden, the doors closed, the phone stopped ringing, the elevator started moving and she could breathe again.
She went to where she was supposed to go and finished her errand, too spooked and confused to talk to anyone about what she had just experienced.

Now, I'm a pretty skeptical guy when it comes to "paranormal" stuff , but I got all spooked and my heart rate went up when she told me this.

So, what the fuck happened to her in there, /x/?!
>>
Speculations:

I asked her what she thought happened and she alluded to the possibility that it may have been some secret, restricted, government thing or maybe it had to do with some weird top secret experiment/research.
She said something like "There are some pretty 'high-up' people who work for UT and there's some weird stuff that goes on there, so you never know".

She also speculated that it may have had something to do with the famous UT Tower shooting that happened back in the 60's that everyone from Austin knows about.

On August 1, 1966, a man named Charles Whitman brought a bunch of guns to the campus shortly after murdering his wife and mother. He then "shot and killed three people inside the university's tower and eleven others after firing at random from the 28th-floor observation deck".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman

Maybe she came across one of the rooms where the shooting took place? I doubt that this is the case, though. You would think that someone would restore the rooms and and make them functional again after almost 50 years.

Also, since i know that this is going to come up, I don't believe in ghosts and I don't that anything "supernatural" happened.

Any other Austinfags heard anything else spooky about The Tower or about UT in general?
>>
>>17222700
UTfag here. I've never heard anything spooky going on in the tower, but you might be interested in the tunnel system beneath the school. I think I heard that it was the way they got to the tower without being shot to take out Whitman. They're not open to the public, but some urban explorers weaseled their way in. Might interest you?
>>
File: codeorig.jpg (498KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
codeorig.jpg
498KB, 1280x960px
Urban explorers who broke into the tunnels a few years back found this code etched into some pipes.
Transcript:
P D G H M P D G
P H M W M L Y W O
O F F 6 I M U S S G
P - Forgive me
>>
>>17224746
I've actually heard about these tunnels before. Very interesting.

I'm out of the country for the next 3 months or so. But when I get back, I'd like to explore them along with the elevator at some point.

Do you know of any entrances or ways that people get in?
>>
>>17224778
Holy shit. That's pretty spooky.
You would think that it's just some architectural/construction thing but it says "Forgive me"
What the hell could it mean?
>>
>>17224789
Honestly, no one talks about them much past the offhand mention and I haven't convinced my friends to go looking with me yet. UE had some info (http://www.urbanexplorers.net/utility-tunnels/university-of-texas-austin.html), and the UT and UE subreddits (ew) had a little info, but idk much beyond that. Apparently there's some old dnd/dwarf fortress graffiti from way back when that sounds interesting.
>>
>>17224823
Unsure, and for a cs major I'm pretty bad at dealing with code/encryption so I cant make heads or tails of it lol.
>>
>>17224835 >>17224845
Hmmm. I might have to bring them up in a different thread later.
Thanks for the info!

Would you be interested in meeting up and figuring out the elevator situation when I get back?
>>
File: tunnels.gif (57KB, 667x634px) Image search: [Google]
tunnels.gif
57KB, 667x634px
Old map snagged from old thread. Legend below written by old OP:

Blue lines are more or less "measured"—I walked the tunnels and counted paces—whereas purple lines are drawn from memory.

Entrances are deliberately not marked.

Red X's signify 24-hour security, alarmed doors, motion detectors, and other trouble spots—but this information is 10 years old, so proceed with caution.

Yellow dots signify "dead ends" that I hit while exploring, usually in the form of locked gates that I couldn't get past. Breaking and entering is not recommended, y'all.

Pink stars are other trespassing wins, like infiltrating the stadium or standing on the roof of Bass Concert Hall.
>>
>>17224950
Might be! I have a heavy course load this semester, but I'm always down to hunt spoops.
>>
>>17224960
Thank you! I'm very intrigued now.
>>
>>17224972
What's the best way to contact you?
Internet is about to cut off here in a couple minutes, btw. I'll be back online tomorrow.
>>
>>17224994
My Line ID is queertyoup
>>
I'm starting at UT this semester. I haven't heard anything weird about the tower - other than the shooting, of course. I have heard of the tunnels before, though. I might also be interested in checking them out.
>>
>>17225212
Hook em. What dorm are you staying in, greenie? If Littlefield or Scottish rite, I have some spoops 4 u.
>>
I go to UT as well. I've heard about the tunnel but I have no idea where they are or how to access them. Would be a cool place to checkout one day
>>
Anyone interested I'm forming a urban exploring group at ut?
>>
>>17226127
Hell yeah, let's do it. I've already been making plans on how to map-out the tunnels. I already have the gear and tech, too.

I really want to figure out this whole elevator thing, though.
And like I said, I'm out of the country and will be back in 3 months.
>>
>>17225159
Can't use Line. I don't have an account and I didn't bring a smartphone with me.

Any other way I can contact you? Email?
>>
Another UT guy here. Also interested in the spoops around campus

Should we all start something to keep in contact?
>>
>>17227301
Yeah, how are we going to stay in contact?
>>
>>17222700
Her story reminds me of something this American engineer lectured on. He was one of guys who claim underground cities exist and are being constructed under the oceans now (10-20 years ago). He told a story of how he was deep down in a mine or some shit, and they accidentally found one of those bases. Complete darkness and air that was unfit to breathe, he described it.

Of course he allegedly committed suicide and left no note only months after going public with all the stuff he had.
>>
File: CapitolGhost_4186.jpg (16KB, 182x200px) Image search: [Google]
CapitolGhost_4186.jpg
16KB, 182x200px
>>17222700
>I live in Austin, TX
Go tell Ghost to get his show back
>>
>>17227498
>Phil Schneider
Came across him in another thread.
>>
>>17224823
>>17224835
I love in Houston but if y'all wanted to meet up and go explore I'd be down as fuck
>>
>>17225159
>>17225212
>>17225368
>>17226127
>>17227301
Everyone interested, please email me
I just created a new email so we can all stay in contact
[email protected]
>>
>>17227503
Apparently he started back up two months ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-i1TiM1ZCs
>>
>>17227565
i know, he said he'd do a new year's eve show, and never showed up
>>
>>17227283
Yeah ill send you an email at the utspoops address once i get back. Im also out of town atm
>>
>>17224778
The lines do not appear to be individual words of a simple cipher. For example, there are no normal words (none I have ever heard of in my entire life) that have 10 letters, where letters 2 and 3 are the same and letters 8 and 9 are the same, so "OFF6IMUSSG" is not one word. I ran it through a scrabble word list.

The interesting parts are the third line where there are two double-letter sequences (FF, SS), and the last line with a single letter P.
>>
>>17224778
Those letters don't even seem to match the picture...
>>
>>17229344
Sounds good.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.