[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /x/ I'm gonna let you in on easily the spookiest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 23

File: kalkajaka.jpg (38KB, 610x332px) Image search: [Google]
kalkajaka.jpg
38KB, 610x332px
Alright /x/ I'm gonna let you in on easily the spookiest place in Australia. Far away from our cities sitting at the edge of one of our most beautiful rainforests is a place called Kalkajaka. In the Aboriginal tounge this translates to both 'Place of Spears' and 'Place of Death'. Something to know about the aboriginal people is they tell of the creation of the landscapes by spirits in something they call the Dreamtime. A special or sacred site has a story.

The story is of a 'man', being similar to a medicine man and also a chameleon, who had the taste for human flesh. He killed and ate a young chief and so was banished and fled to the mountains, occasionally surfacing to eat a human or two from his own tribe. On his last venture out of the mountains he turned into a goanna to escape his angry fellow tribe members and had the misfortune of being struck by lightening. Being no ordinary goanna he exploded and left large piles of charred rock everywhere.

This is a really odd story even by Aboriginal standards. Cannibalism is pretty much unheard of with these people. As is the idea of 'turning into a Goanna' which is basically a giant lizard.
>>
File: Reptilianjew.png (73KB, 448x534px) Image search: [Google]
Reptilianjew.png
73KB, 448x534px
>>17222368
Is just a ancient lizzie.
Reptilians are among us just be careful and you can avoid them.
>>
I'm sure a lot of you already know where I am going with this but <cont>
The rocks here are very unusual. If you will, look up Cooktown Australia on google maps - then look Southwest about 100km and you will see it. Immediately you will notice that the colour of the rocks, the lay of the stone, everything about this place appears foreign. If you are to drive to the location, you will notice that all of the stones are in pieces like they were blasted out of a giant Quarry. The official stance is this is a volcanic rock from lava. However - This shit is granite. If you see natural Granite mountains formed from volcanos you will know that there is mass amounts of FUSED rock. This place is not right.
>>
http://www.castleofspirits.com/blackmount.html

There have been consistent disappearances in this place, both of people and of cattle.
There are two stories that have come from this place that stand out the most. One, of a young police officer that escaped a cave and abondoned another police officer talking jibberish and basically shitting himself after going into one of the caves.
Second, a man that did go into the caves and came back out - so far the only one I have been able to find reports a strong smell of sulfur deep inside to the point of him feeling sick and choking. Read link for more.
>>
This time next year /x/ bro's, I'm going in.
Given the history of this place, I might not make it back but I have serious suspicions that this is an entry point into a deep subterranean Reptilian base. The stone was dumped out a long time ago. Any Aussie bro's not too fond of life want to join me for a real challenging journey into the black abyss below? Also, thoughts.
>>
Something else I thought I would mention about this place. Northern Queenslanders are pretty well known cave explorers, hikers, travellers. There are no other cave systems that have been found in the area that have not been explored and documented.... except for this one. Nothing. Only a few reports of missing persons and weird stories. Lights have been seen here, as well as a couple of reports of creatures walking about. It's spook central. Has anyone else come across places like this in other parts of the globe?
>>
>>17222375
What do you know about them?
This is very personal to me. My very first memory as a child is of a UFO, I shit you not. I remember sensing reptiles on board... just this foreboding presence. The memory has stuck with me to this day. There is some connection and I want to find out what it is.
>>
>>17222410
You will die. Your last moments will be filled with excruciating pain and horror. To enter those caves is a death sentence.

If you accept this, then go for it. But don't fancy yourself some intrepid explorer when you are literally committing suicide.

Unless you are 100%
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1665x746px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1665x746px
......oh fuck me....
Is that what I think it is?
>>
>>17222425
Maybe, maybe not. It depends if I am perceived as a threat, lunch, or a curiosity. Perhaps if I am respectful enough... I don't know.
We all die, right?
>>
>>17222435
Nah you'll just die from the toxic air in the cave.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WMGQhNgQek

If this is legit (I have my doubts but it's enough to listen to it), and this is a legit site then there will be smooth rock, leading to a silver door.

The guy who made it out, reported smooth granite walls. I would have to find these.
>>
>>17222441
>>
>>17222435
Lunch.
>>
>>17222460
Just be sure to have your camera record it when they drink your blood.
>>
>>17222468
I have a year to prepare. I wonder if there would be a way to get a live feed streaming as I go in. See if what I think is in there, is, infact, in there and I am able to get a feed to you here. Maybe we will get something.
>>
>>17222477
>live feed

Now that would be something.
>>
>>17222480
Wouldn't it just. I am serious though I want someone to go with me. It would do a LOT for the nerves.
>>
>>17222414
Go here

http://www.cassiopaea.org/

this is deep rabbit hole if you are going to jump on it remember to practice mindfulness meditation to keep yourself sane.
>>
>>17222499
That is a hell of a warning.
>>
>>17222468
make sure you live stream that shit m8
>>
>>17222602
Looking into equipment now. Something like a Go-Pro with a internet stick. Hard to find ey.

This is also a general Reptilian thread, so anyone can share their experiences.
>>
bump because actual quality thread
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTRlXbWYgNE
>>
>>17222430
no comments on this? really?
>>
>>17224804
it's a featureless grainy smudge you autistic shitfuck. there is no data to work with.
>>
>>17224217
Have you heard anything about the warrumbungles in NSW? I'm only around an hour from there and am willing to explore.
>>
>>17225073
No I haven't, just looked them up and I can say it is rather a beautiful landscape that is all. May I ask why you are curious about them?
>>
>>17224897
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM
>>
>muh bunch of strange rocks near a cave prob formed naturally
>dumb primitive natives have spooky story about it
>I'm gonna go explore but I'm gonna get spooked and maybe die
You really think nobody like you has explored there, and the reason they didn't tell anyone is because it's empty and they realized how stupid they were?
>>
>>17225336
>Unnatural Rock formation with only scientific theories of origin
>Natives feared the place even naming it a place of death - For good reason
>Collection of stories including police reports of disappearances and deaths including those of skeptical Gold Hungry settlers, a police officer, a caver, livestock
>Mysterious sightings reported on site

There is a reason I am making a thread about this place on this board. Look into it more I am not making this shit up or exaggerating
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1143x730px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1143x730px
Good topview of the place. It stands in stark contract to the entire landscape around it. It is the only mound of its kind in Australia. The rocks are burnt black, yet nowhere else in the region has burned black rocks. Again, this is typical of quarry explosions. Mining. Yet no mine or quarry has ever existed here.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmXhNQHa8zY
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJO5e7g2R7w
>>
>>17225277
Its just that they're close to the Pilliga forest, there's a lot of strange stories and beliefs about that forest.
>>
>>17225600
Oh shit...yeah the Pilliga is devils lands man. Take a bow or something if you go in there seriously. Been interested since hearing the Bongo story, but talked to a few abos who say the bad ones live there.
>>
>>17225605
I've driven through a few times and seen some of the attractions such as the sandstone caves, but I've never experienced much else of it. Yeah I would definitely be prepared if I ever went exploring there.
>>
>>17222394
I'm in texas, otherwise I might. However, I'd want to take some weapons and also breathing apparatuses. Even if it's a suicide mission we might as well give it a try, eh?

Also, my cultural/religious belief makes me wonder if a bunch of malevolent jinn have made their home in those caves?
>>
>>17222480
>>17222485
You could invest in a fuckhuge length of cat-5 cable or something and mount a couple of cameras on that shit running back to a DVR and then stream it
>>
>>17225618
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp4Roy8s_GU
>>
>>17225683
Save up some cash, got a year come for a vaca.
My brother has already agree'd to join me.
>>17225694
The guy who went in and made it out said he was down there for 5 hours. That is a huge distance hey. Might be good to have fixed lights set though to help navigation.
>>
>>17225732
Tbh I'm extremely interested in paranormal phenomena but it would be really difficult for me to just uproot in a year and come to Australia. I wish I could though. Maybe you could do a couple of preliminary excursions to set up lights and signal repeaters so you could transmit wirelessly?
>>
>>17225745
Yeah that isn't a small trip to be sure.
Well, I will be looking to go in there around the 4/1/17 so look for my thread then. Going to see if I can find any experienced cavers in that region to join as well so there is someone who knows their stuff coming along. Will film and photograph as I go, I am thinking that livestream might be a bit difficult.
>>
>>17222394
Live about 10 hours drive away, possibly interested.
>>
>>17225781
Oh yeah so you'd be around... Bundaberg?
Gotta have brass balls for this trip, would you be ready for that?
>>
>>17225796
I'm skeptical if anything is actually down there, would prefer a large group of people to go in with though
>>
>>17225812
Well, regardless of if there is or is not something down there, we can take part in exploring one of the few uncharted caves left in QLD. There is something to that all on its own. Do you have caving experience?
>>
>>17225858
Nope, not even a little bit of xp
>>
>>17225893
wear rubber boots. every time I cave I remind myself and I always forget. cave water is fucking cold and you won't get as far
>>
>>17225966
cheers
>>
>>17225966
More worried about the bat poo. This stuff is slippery and can be quite deep. It'll make navigation interesting.
>>
Want to get the dudes skype or something whos going to go there because I'm interested in tagging along.
>>
>>17225991
give me a call if you want
skype ID Anubisspectre
>>
>>17225812
>>17225796
My last warning on this. If you go under that mountain, you probably won't be coming back.

It's not worth it m8s just leave it be.
>>
>>17226188
Why are you so certain on this?
I will be willing to listen, if you give me something more solid.
>>
>>17226188
Here is my list of expected hazards.
Snakes, spiders, slippery rock floor, pittfalls, navigational risks, gasses, very rare but still potential cave-ins. Have I missed anything?
Only other potential threat is actual dangerous unknown scalies waiting down there. But then, death by something fantastical and mysterious beats dying in bed from a heart attack or diabetes or something. Why are we alive. To live boring lives?
>>
>>17226197
Perhaps because literal scores of people have gone down there and never returned in recorded history, and likely hapless more abos before colonization? Or the harrowing reports of people who have came back/even gotten close?

Something spooky rests below that mountain, and you all are going to waltz into its' lair.

>>17226252
If you're determined, make the group as big as possible. Arm yourselves, bring powerful flashlights and canned food. Securing an abo guide or something couldn't hurt.

On the upside if you guys are able to map the caves and come out alive, you'll gain renown.
>>
>>17226348
Because they didn't wear these more than likely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA3cN2DQGM0
Based on the testimony I'd say the odds of sulphuric gas to be quite high
>>
>>17226540
Agreed. My idea was to used both 4 hour glowsticks, and spray paint to mark out a way back to the entrance. Wouldnt hurt to draw a rough map as we go.
Where are you in asia?
>>
>>17226540
Oh and for the record, want to keep /x/ posted every step of the way. They can bear witness to whatever it is we find down there. Either it'll be interesting, or one of the greatest threads in /x/ history.
>>
>>17225858
If you're going take gas masks, oxygen tanks, and hazmat suits with you, along with the obligatory packed lunches and flashlights (with backups and backups for your backups).

If some guy said there was sulphur down there and vomited upon return, it's likely there's also some poison gases down there too. Probably the reason no one came back. Hell, maybe they even make you hallucinate so that the few who did come back had some weird stories to tell.
>>
Americanfag here, interest
I would be in for a trip. I've always been drawn to the antipodes. It may be a magnetic thing.
>>
>>17226566
Sulphur Dioxide doesn't make you hallucinate. It does however, kill you in large quantities. I will make sure everyone has a acid-grade gas mask each, torches with plenty of spare batteries, water, dried food pouches etc. It is going to be a proper exploration with full prep.

The guy said he heard moaning down there, and the rock walls were smooth with a fairly flat floor. I don't think he was hearing things. Isn't it interesting how his mind turned to fear of giant snakes on his way up.
>>
>>17226573
You'd be welcome, more the merrier. January next year, Ill make a thread in late december.
Anubisspectre on skype
>>
>>17226600
You can find it on google street view, have a look. A few other angles looks like there is two among the trees. Obviously odd angle, but its next to the stopping bay
>>
>>17226592
Man shit, you are the reason I come on /x/.

God speed you mad bastard. I'm praying this won't be a real life Ted the Caver.
>>
http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2014/12/the-mysterious-black-mountain-of-queensland/

Just found this amazing article for those still interested
>>
I thought the spookiest place was Summer Bay, the caravan park?!
Seriaas, heard a lot of disconcerting things about that Ayer's rock...imagine there must be a lot of v remote, desolate places it's such a vast country.
>>
>>17226629
>planes mostly avoid flying near the mountain due to these unexplained anomalies as well as the strange air turbulence that is experienced

>nope nope nope
>>
>>17226630
There is a town pretty close the Ayers rock that is known as Australia's UFO capitol. It isn't that far from this place maybe another 6 hours on the road.
http://www.unexplainedaustralia.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.48

But yeah its a big-ass continent, much of it especially the desert is largely underpopulated. Hear all sorts of stories from tight lipped truckies over a beer.
>>
>>17226629
Jesus Christ.

It's like a natural landmark designed by horror directors.
>>
>>17226635
can only imagine what sort of stories they'd have to tell...that whole Wolfe Creek thing, ''based on real life events'', is that true?!
>>
>>17226648
Yeah it was. Even worse his Nephew decided to 'take up the family legacy' and killed people himself. You don't get that many psycho's like that here though. Mostly its people who work too long in slaughter houses that go a bit funny.
>>
File: Gal_6_7.jpg (31KB, 450x240px) Image search: [Google]
Gal_6_7.jpg
31KB, 450x240px
huh, excerpt from the guy who got out's story "A huge bat beat its wings against me as it passed, however I forced myself on, to push further. "

Cave bats here are typically small, except for one. The Ghost bat, which is incredibly rare.
>>
>>17226650
jesus chriiist. did they find the guy or is it still a big hunt for them? not many horrors put the shits up me, but that one f
did. second one not so much, but now you say it's real....bloody hell, literally. any links?
>>
>>17226652
Holy fuck that thing looks metal.
>>
>>17222450
Most Gas masks only filter foreign particles, based on the fact that there is no visible carbon filter, we can assume that this will not filter out any toxic gases
>>
File: 1342486168780.jpg (44KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
1342486168780.jpg
44KB, 620x348px
>>17226658
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backpacker_murders

Attached pic of his nephew. They got him.
>>
>>17226668
Yeah that was just a pic of a random gas mask. I will be getting one of these.
>>17226372
>>
>>17226665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9aOaP41HoY
>>
>>17226681
>In 2012, Ivan Milat's great-nephew Matthew Milat and his friend Cohen Klein (both aged 19 at the time of their sentencing) were sentenced to 43 years and 32 years in prison respectively, for murdering David Auchterlonie on his 17th birthday with an axe at the Belanglo State Forest in 2010. Matthew Milat struck Auchterlonie with the double-headed axe as Klein recorded the attack with a mobile phone. This was the same forest where Ivan Milat had buried his victims.

Fucking axe murderer. Little cunt he is.
>>
>>17226682
All good
>>
>>17226587
>The guy said he heard moaning down there, and the rock walls were smooth with a fairly flat floor. I don't think he was hearing things. Isn't it interesting how his mind turned to fear of giant snakes on his way up.

>>17226629
>In addition, the hot air moving through underground passages and abysses creates eerie sounds that have variously been described as sounding like moaning, screaming, crying, wailing, and deep hissing.

>hears moaning from the movement of hot air deep in the cave system
>heres the hssing sound created by this movement as well
>panicked and frenzied mind immediately thinks of snakes, even giant ones, as to be causing such sounds

> A rotten stench also reportedly seeps from somewhere far below the surface from time to time
Dangerous sulfuric acid that must be in extreme quantites down there which is why the people who went in ill prepared never got out.

All this including the volcanic nature of the rocks themselves seems to suggest that deep below this surface feature lies some geological thing, I'm not a geologist so I don't know though.
>>
>>17227219
There is no tectonic or volcanic activity in Australia. There hasn't been for a long time.
Agree about the poisonous air however believe this has more to do with bat droppings.

I am skeptical that there is any air movement down there hence the buildup of gas. Can't have both.
>>
>>17222368
Wait, you have cities in Australia?
>>
>>17227252
best cities in the world m8
>>
>>17222368
As an Australian, you're fill of shit. It was highly common for aboriginals to eat their children. Did you even go to school?
>>
>>17222430
you're a fool
>>
>>17227294
First I've heard of it. Those guys in Papua, yeah they did.
>>17227304
Talk loud, say nothing
>>
>>17227263
looks like a good place to score meth, get stabbed, or get stabbed while trying to score meth
>>
>>17227263
is this guantamo bay?
>>
>>17222450
This is a fireman glass mask..good luck getting in and out of the cave with one bottle of compressed air.
>>
>>17228678
oh ff...
As I said earlier, I am not using this type of mask.
>>
>>17226648

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Falconio
>>
File: spooky.png (2MB, 1120x950px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.png
2MB, 1120x950px
Spooky...
>>
>>17222368
>This is a really odd story even by Aboriginal standards.
>Rainbow snake made da whole world cuz
>>
>>17222499

tldr
>>
>>17222394
I agree with you and would like to join you on your trip
>>
>>17231183
why do you sound creepy to me
no creepies coming with us
>>
>>17231014
The rainbow serpent story is odd yeah, but think about this story.
Witchdoctor/Magical man
Eats people including his own people
Lives under mountain
Turns into Giant Reptile
Gets hit by Lightning and makes a huge explosion

It's just a weird tale for them
>>
>>17231567
Creepy? Really? Look I was just going to cut you a little.....
I'm joking, honestly I've done a lot of research on black mountain but have lived too far away to actually visit. Plus I've never had anyone to go there with as all my friends don't believe in any kind of paranormal things.
But that's cool, I'll just visit on my own.
>>
>>17231696
>Confirmed Char
Girl, stop being such a glorious bastard
>>
>>17222394
aussiebro here.
Im in, I have guns. Kik me neoooooow.
>>
>>17231717
Sweet, wanna go shoot a mythical giant cat, wear its skin as we go underground as hunter or hunted to giant lizzie lair?
>>
I would love to go. I would give my life to go.
Poorfag here, really far away from there.
My life is shit
>>
>>17231750
Yes, Lets.
>>
>>17231762
AnubisSpectre on skype
Hit me up, trip is next Jan
>>
>>17231761
If you're in sydney. Add my kik and if you're not a creeper ill drive you.

>>17231717
>>
>>17231770
Im in fucking argentina, please, kill me.
Also i'm not a creep
>>
>>17231767
>>17231770

Would be keen too, in Canberra now so it is pretty boring.

What sort of equipment would be needed?
>>
>>17231848
Im an arborist so I have a tonne of climbing gear and hiking stuff.

Id say a decent pack, bivvie kit and enough MREs to last 2/3 weeks.
>>
Sounds interesting fellas.
Make sure you take some video and photos for us.
Looking forward to a follow up thread.
>>
>>17231856
Too easy, I'm guessing there would be an entrance fee to join the group or just pooling supplies?

Also what ages are we talking, I'm 20
>>
>>17231889
Pfffft they won't even let me join the group cus I'm "creepy" and "psychotic"
>>
>>17222368
>eat tribal chief
>banished by tribe
>turn into goanna
>get struck by lightning
>turn into huge charred rock piles
sounds legit
>>
>>17233494
lol
>Aboriginal Science
>>
Can you guys go now? I can't fucking wait a year. I want to be excited now.
>>
Hey guys OP here.
For those of you silly enough to want to come along I have compiled a list of items you will need to bring. And just to be clear, if you are missing one or more of these items you will NOT be joining us on this expedition.
1 x Headtorch + Spare batteries
1x Penlight + Spare Batteries
1x Pair of Leather boots that have good grip
1 x Backpack with food rations and at least 2L of water
20x Glowsticks - 4 hour lasting
1x Absail harness
1x Knife
1x Carbon Filter gas mask

Just to highlight, these cave systems given their history are likely the most dangerous cave systems in Australia. If you join, you will be following my directions to the letter. I do not want to have you come along on this trip then die on me and have me explain to the police what happened. On top of all that, you must have relative fitness and be able to lift your own body weight. If all that checks out, well then we are in business. If what I think is down there, is in fact down there then it might not matter but why increase risk.
>>
File: image.jpg (483KB, 1532x2052px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
483KB, 1532x2052px
>>17235731
Bring a fucking gun, you stupid fucking faggot.

>oh right, you don't have the right license for it

Have fun knife fighting with a fucking otherworldly abomination you stupid fuck. At least sneak a shotty out there.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCrIDotsQQQ
>>
>>17235794
Fire a gun, deep underground with potential gas, rock cave-in's, and ricochets. Not the best plan I have ever heard desu.
I will be bringing a hunting bow however if it is practical to secure on my back.
>>
>>17235731
how long do you plan to be in the caves? 2L of water doesn't seem like much
>>
>>17235837
Timing it for 4 hours in and out.
Camp the night away from site, return in the morning. With marked out passages it will make for a much quicker crawl to deeper locations. After that, a reassess. There are multiple cave entries around this place and apparently some descend quickly. My personal aim is to move as close to center of the cave system and maximum depth.
>>
>>17235874
What kind of cameras are you taking?
>>
Cave can get cold, bring layers and water proof clothing and boots. What if you have to swim through some small water in the cave?
>>
>>17236010
Actually apparently they are quite hot inside so dehydration is more of the issue.
>>17235931
Ill take a GoPro. Light, easily mounted, long film life etc. Unless you have a better suggestion? I do need it to be hands-free though.
>>
>>17235731
Also, what do you think is there? Mind sharing your suspicion?
>>
>>17236028

>>17235811
I have heard enough to have a reasonable suspicion. Especially hearing it first hand from locals. I won't go into much detail except what is to already to be found on the net.
>>
>>17236027
i was thinking it might be cool to be able to have some sort of UV light or infrared scope, probably not feasible due to weight, cost, etc.
>>
>>17236040
I have found a camera that projects both infared and ultraviolet light giving a full spectrum. Given over a dozen people have died in there, I may just capture something ghosty. There is also a high probability I will come across a few decomposed human bodies. Spoopy skeletons.
>>
>>17235826
Firing a gun underground wouldn't really be that dangerous, except if it was in too small of a space you'd absolutely fuck up your ears, possibly permanently, the extent of which determined by the acoustics of the environment and the gun.

But no guns allowed in straya anyway so meh
>>
>>17236048
sweet. what camera is that btw?

i cant wait a year to find out what happens haha
>>
>>17236062
http://www.ghoststop.com/FLIR-Thermal-Camera-p/thermcam-flir-tg165.htm

http://www.ghoststop.com/Dual-Full-Spectrum-Normal-Light-Camcorder-p/camcorder-fsdualcam.htm

I am tempted to take both of these. Could be extremely useful to have thermal.

>>17236061
Look if a Reptilian presents itself with intention to have a nibble, a gun would probably not do much to stop it. A knife is faster and better in close spaces anyways.
>>
>>17236079
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jez8-ORTFU
>>
>>17235731
>Lift own body weight.
Looks like I'm out
>>
>>17236128
LOL you got a year pudgy. Get fit.
Something to keep in mind, if something is discovered down there you will be a part of history.
>>
Gold Coast faggot here.
If the invite to accompany was legit, I'd like to sign up. How do I go about that?
I'm a complete skeptic, but would like to examine the rocks and take a few samples to look at.
>>
>>17236140
>>17235731
My bad, I didn't see.
I have everything listed here. I have a few extra masks I can bring with a few extra filters.
I'm also a pretty good survivalist so we could camp out over night for shits and gigs.
>>
>>17236138
Tbh i would rather be the person up top with radio and walky talky keeping in contact with those that are down there

And its wrist stregth that is my problem. Ive worked on it but it hasnt improved
>>
>>17236138
hasn't almost everyone who went to explore those caves ended up missing or dead? so the piece of history you end up as may just be a spoopy greentext on /x/
>>
>>17236140
You study geology? Well mate youll be well welcome to come along. Had much experience caving?
>>17236149
Actually that'd be pretty good to have a safety person up top.
>>17236154
Yes that's the risk. I am telling myself the reason is because of Gas but then who knows. There is a official report of a runaway convict being tracked by police to a cave here and his tracks just stop, dissapear. He hasn't been seen or heard of since.
>>
>>17236166
Well I was thinking that if i were up top then somehow you could stream it up to me and i stream it from a laptop on some site. Or somehow send photos from deep cave to me. I dunno just a thought and i clearly dont know technology
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Douo6AwFig

btw take a good look at this.
>>
>>17236180
Let me do some searching on tech that could transmit like that and get back to you.
I certainly would love to live feed this, even for the entertainment of /x/. Coming across human remains, ghosts, creepy cracks in the earth, noises, reptiles, the unknown depths. Will make one hell of a entertaining live stream.
>>
>>17236166
Just privately, I don't go to uni for it or anything, although I probably should as I'd say I have a decent knowledge.

Nah, only in the sense that I've done walking tours so I could snag a few samples or two.
But I can get the experience if that's necessary.
>>
>>17235731

I tick all the boxes except I'm vegan and have a sturdy pair of nonleather shoes, but you can't tell the difference.

Can I come p-please?
>>
>>17236180
>>17236192
if you guys can set this up, this would be fucking amazing
>>
>>17236181
creepy, wouldnt want to meet those fuckers in a confined space
>>
>>17236212
It would be haha itd be a bit weird for some random stranger to walk past and see some girl and her set up at an entrance of a cave.
>>17236192
I have a feeling itll involve alot of cable which would be alot of $$

Speaking of, would we get in trouble for actually going in there? Or is it pretty much free reign at your own risk?
>>
>>17236211
>>17236207
anubisspectre on skype, add me we can talk
>>
>>17236231
Its a national park so it should be ok, but I am sure if a park ranger found out we were going there he would probably wanna chew my ass.
>>
>>17236255
That could be a whole other interesting live stream of the ranger chewing your arse
>>
>>17236262
pretty damn anticlimactic roflol
>>
>>17236251
Awesome, I'll add you as soon as I'm home.
>>
Just had a thought.
These black rocks trap a lot of heat. That heat would be extremely advantageous to a cold blooded animal even deeper under the earth.

If they are down there, they probably come up at night to warm themselves on the still hot rocks.

Could be worth night 1 camping quietly up top, night vision cameras at hand.
>>
>>17236394
maybe they come out at night to feed too
>>
>>17236403
Cool. Ill pop an arrow in it's head, carry it back and have a beer as I announce the greatest scientific discovery in history.
>>
>>17236394
This is what I suggested.
camping would be awesome.
We could even go for a night-hike and see what's around.
>>
Vicfag here. Just finished reading through the thread; haven't gone into the extra material yet, but I'm potentially interested in the trip.

I understand technology, and have been thinking up ideas for a solution to live streaming it. The technology exists, and I reckon there'd be a few viable options.

OP, have you considered making a shared Google Docs for collaboration where those involved can put ideas and the like?
>>
>>17236435
There are so many things to see and do up there, I plan to do a lot of swimming too. But this is priority for the trip first.
>>
>>17236438
I'm happy to collaborate with people who are joining on the trip, after I at least meet them on Skype cam. Of course I'm open to idea's too. For example, got a great tip already. Instead of using spraypaint to mark out the walls, use reflective tape on pegs. Easy to remove each one on the way back as to not walk in circles.
>>
>>17236449
Absolutely. I'm not in a position to Skype at the moment, but I've noted down your address and will add you when I can.

I feel it will be valuable centralising information from all these different sources, linking things up, and drawing a bigger picture.

Additionally, all involved will have a uniform understanding of the destination and objective.

A motto which is quite suitable for planning things like this:
>If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
>>
File: animal.jpg (41KB, 540x389px) Image search: [Google]
animal.jpg
41KB, 540x389px
>>17222368
- What's the budget, OP?
- Does anyone signing up for this believe you'll find something down there?
- If so, what do you think you'll find, and what convinced you?
>>
>>17236630
I expect to spend maybe $2000 on gear and fuel, see list above. But then I'm buying for brother and friend as well.
Any other questions just read this thread.
>>
how do you even get into the mountain?> it's not particularly obvious on google maps
>>
>>17236722
Honestly, I am not sure yet. From what I heard there are openings all around the base with a particularly big one somewhere in the South-West Corner.
Anon I hope your not thinking of going there alone.
>>
>>17236734
it seems like an awfully big place, and judging by google maps and all the happy snaps and cars that go past, it can't be *that* haunted or unexplored...
>>
>>17222368
What about Black Mountain in QLD?
>>
>>17236782
M80 this whole thread is about Black Mountain in QLD
>>
>>17236755
There are a lot of tree's separating the mountain from the road, just one pass with a stopping point. Only the occasional tourist stops there though.
>>
>>17236786
My mistake.
>>
List your top 3 things of what you'd want to find.
Mine:
1. Ancient artifacts
2. Something alien in nature
3. Failing the above, any evidence of any sentient being down there
>>
>>17225336
You're attitude stinks from a thousand miles away. Fuck off.
>>
OP you do realize you'll be cock teasing us for a whole year, right? If you deliver, I'll personally fly to Straya and suck your dick. N-no h-homo.
>>
>>17237150
If OP delivers, I'll personally fly to Straya to suck your dick while you suck his dick. (No homo)
>>
>>17236802
Hopefully it's some slumbering eldritch abomination
>>
>>17236140
You're the one who gets eaten first.
>>
>>17235874
>My personal aim is to move as close to center of the cave system and maximum depth.

Yes! Right into the bowels of the lair, where they won't hear your death screams.

It's like surprise delivery pizza that you don't have to pay for.
>>
>>17236061
Are you retarded. Everyone has a gun here we're mostly fucking farmers.
We just can't have assault rifles and shit.
And honestly, why the fuck would anyone need an assault rifle anyway.
>inb4 mah freedums
>inb4 home defence
Who's gonna raid ya house? North Korea?
>>
>>17236231
Just don't wreck anything, or mark any cave walls. It's a national park, we take that shit pretty seriously here
>>
>>17238157
Why me though?
>>
>>17238267
Yeah no you are right. Was going to spray paint walls to mark way in and out but that would actually be a terrible thing to do, hence moving to idea of reflective tape in stakes.
Also, gun in tunnel is fucking stupid.
>>17239040
OP here, I concur. You first
>>
Camping is good idea, as a matter of fact maybe doing dry runs before going in too deep.

Can you bring flare gun and flares? Bring axe.

Also, can you tie ropes as you go in? Like cave divers would, this is the safest way to find your way out, since gps or satellite or cell won't work through those dense rocks.
>>
I usually adverse to offering monetary help, but Im open in this case if you guys have a team and start a gofundme page.
>>
>>17239707
Good idea. It would certainly help with expenses.
Could write up a really good presentation for the trip, never used gofundme before. Might be the difference between upload after event, to live stream.
>>
>>17239702
I'll tie my dick to the mouth of the cave, that way, I won't run out. Also, just have to think sexy thoughts, and rapid expansion will punch a easy-to-exit hole into the side of the mountain.
>>
>>17237598
OP PLS DELIVAR! (no homo)
>>
>>17239799
I will make another Thread November so keep your eyes out. OP will deliver, you have my word.
This is an event, people.
>>
>>17239838
>>17222477
>>17225073
>>17225812
>>17226348
>>17231183
>>17231717

I'm going up this week to make some video? Whose coming? I also want to stop at the pyramids at Gympie and a few ancient egyption places on the way up.

I'm located in Toowoomba, I'm 27 retired (cos im a rich cunt) and have nothing else to do.

I want to leave in the next few days, will probably go up an back within a week. I have a car. Will camp on the side of the road, so all you need is a swag and half of the fuel money.

Send me a text, if you're in SEQ and are keen to leave in the next few days.

0404 654 180
>>
>>17239838
What about a couple threads every so often, maybe giving us updates on equipment you've obtained, plans you've made, etc? That way we can continue having hope that you will deliver.
>>
I don't get what all the fuss about Pilliga is, ever since I was able to walk I've been around there shooting shit and haven't come across more this one or two creepy things.
1. Clear area of land for about 500m, in the middle is a grouping of trees and shrub. Friend, dad and friends dad were spread around the paddock, friend saw some hairy homeless looking guy in the field, very beardy, figured fuck this trespassers day and shot at it, I was in the opposite side and see this huge thing running across the field holding its leg and fucking screaming in agony. Think chewbacca but more human.
2. We were hiking around deep innawoods and started seeing symbols on the trees, one has atleast 20 dead magpies at the bottom. Would pass it off as kids but no one would walk that deep innapilliga. We ended up coming across a cave that smelt like a carton of milk after sitting in your bin for a week mid summer.
It's not scary, nothing takes well to being shot by two 30.06's
>>
>>17239947
OP here, go find your won mountain
also
>a few ancient Egyptian places
>In Australia

yeah good luck with that. Btw, that mountain will end your life if that is all you are taking.
>>
>>17240231
Dismissing what others believe to be real isn't good for getting people on-side.
There are plenty of stories of ancient Egyptian artifacts and anomalies in Australia, so what makes them any less real than old stories from similarly unverifiable websites/sources about a mountain?
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
ITT: Lenny Loosejocks
>>
>>17222368
>Cannibalism is unheard of by Australian aboriginals
Are you fucking retarded? There are accounts of cannibalism amongst aboriginals up until early 1900's.
>>
It's skinwalkers.
>>
>>17240585
source?
>>
>>17240603
http://www.heretical.com/cannibal/australi.html

http://www.warriors.egympie.com.au/cannibalism.html

http://www.gwb.com.au/gwb/news/native/cannibal.html
>>
>>17222377
>The rocks here are very unusual. If you will, look up Cooktown Australia on google maps - then look Southwest about 100km and you will see it.

Can anyone help with this? Can't find shit captain.
>>
File: bm1.jpg (102KB, 861x824px) Image search: [Google]
bm1.jpg
102KB, 861x824px
>>17240900
>>
File: bm2.jpg (94KB, 872x820px) Image search: [Google]
bm2.jpg
94KB, 872x820px
>>17240900
it's the big
>>
File: bm3.jpg (92KB, 609x958px) Image search: [Google]
bm3.jpg
92KB, 609x958px
>>17240900
black
>>
File: bm4.jpg (175KB, 988x930px) Image search: [Google]
bm4.jpg
175KB, 988x930px
>>17240900
granite
>>
File: bm5.jpg (188KB, 1156x915px) Image search: [Google]
bm5.jpg
188KB, 1156x915px
>>17240900
clusterfuck
>>
File: bm6.png (2MB, 1100x871px) Image search: [Google]
bm6.png
2MB, 1100x871px
>>17240900
which has spoopy aliums underground
>>
File: belanglo state forest entrance.jpg (145KB, 599x449px) Image search: [Google]
belanglo state forest entrance.jpg
145KB, 599x449px
Did any of you cunts ever watch that show Jeopardy with the Scottish bastards in it? Sounds like you're going to end up like them if you do embark on such a trip.
>>
>>17241057
yeah man that show was great.
ended too soon
was the tall whites all along
>>
Here's another story from a guy who went in there with some m8s. He encountered some scary shit nearby while camping:

>Around seven o'clock, night had descended abruptly and unannounced, as is usual in the tropics, and all we could discern in the light of our little gas lantern was the blurred shadows of trees forming a seemingly impenetrable mass. For the next two hours we chatted. Here and there we stopped and listened to the nighttime forest, and watched silently the dark wall of boulders looming over our tent. The feeling of this slumbering landscape's ancient history had crept over us and we awaited excitedly any unusual event that would lend credence to the legends of Mount Kalkajaka. Experience told us to expect a fairly uneventful night. Little did we know how wrong we were.

>Around ten o'clock a strong wind picked up and down from the tree tops came a cracking sound. We crawled inside the tent, lay down on our mats and stared at the dark fabric, straining to hear every possible sound. The nighttime cries of the primeval forest were frightening at first, full of odd wails mingled with horrific laughter and the occasional crunch of a branch broken off by the wind. It was enough to make your soul shiver. But little by little we got used to it and began to fall asleep when a sudden hush fell over everything. Not only did the wind cease but the voices of animals and night birds were gone. The silence was deafening. Danny and I looked at each other in surprise. We began joking, saying it must be the boogyman, when we heard stone crumbling from the rock above us. As if something was slowly crawling out of the mountain. It sounded quite close and we thought it might be an animal. Maybe a rock wallaby. But once it climbed all the way down, what we heard from the bushes and dried up leaves was the sound of human steps. A crawling animal would not sound like this. This was clearly a human walking.

http://en.mackerle.cz/news/about-expedition1/
>>
>>17241132
OP here, top find m8!
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 189x267px
The locals warn all explorers: "Anyone set on unraveling the mystery of the mountain must be well organized and prepared to tackle the most awful dangers – such as facing a giant python."
>such as facing a giant python
>giant python
>reptilian

The locals know
>>
>>17241154
Ausfag Truckie here, no mate. They believe there is a giant snake that lives in the cave, think Harry potter chamber of secrets sized King brown
>>
>>17241176
Yeah well rumors can start with "Saw this giant lizard" to, aw must be a big rock python.
Who the fuck is scared of pythons anyways? they are awesome snakes.
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16IkXNbPOF_2AaCwJrT-0mkdbhnaa0a4THHFBBu_swaY/
>>
>>17241191
Neat doc anon.
>>
>>17241191
Hey very nice anon, Ill make sure to also write up the story of the trip as well as I can to add to the page.
>>
File: telecom tower canberra.jpg (419KB, 1170x836px) Image search: [Google]
telecom tower canberra.jpg
419KB, 1170x836px
Why don't we just go to Black Mountain in Canberra instead?
>>
>>17241223
because canberra is shit
>>
>>17225683
>jinn
fuck off back to the caliphate
>>
File: Australian_carpet_python_03_new.jpg (666KB, 1025x900px) Image search: [Google]
Australian_carpet_python_03_new.jpg
666KB, 1025x900px
>>17241154
In Australia, giant python means giant fucking python.
>>
>>17241515
Fuck off back to whatever shithole you came from, intolerant piece of crap.
>>
>>17241580
because saudi-arabia isn't a shithole in your opinion?
>>
>>17241580
Nah, how about you fuck off back to where you're from.
>>
>>17241580
Yeah because muslims are very tolerant, ofcourse ;)
>>
>>17241515
I hope you get bombed.
>>
>>17241833
Obviously they are otherwise he/she would be disgusted by all of your infidelities and he/she wouldn't even be on here discussing with us if it wasn't for his/hers tolerance.
>>
Good luck, guys. Let us hope that you don't end up like Kenny Veach, the guy who became obsessed with a mysterious "M-shaped cave" he had found near Las Vegas and disappeared trying to find it again.
This was his last video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfdrY-2sROQ
>>
>>17241737
>>17241824
>>17241833
You don't know jackshit about him, other than he's from Texas and believes in spirits from the Islamic mythology.
>>
>>17241912
>believes in islam
that's all I need to know about him.
>>
>>17241883
you sound like the worst type of person
>>
>>17236149
You can be the up-top dude!

Job description:
-Keep them safe
-Report any strange activity
-KEEP /x/ UP TO SPEED
-masturbate furiously as they scream in pain through the walkie-talkie
>>
>>17241038
>>17241041
>>17241043
>>17241046
>>17241054
best laugh I've had all day cheers brah.
Thread posts: 231
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.