[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Symbols and mind control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: GuitarGroupShots006.jpg (54KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
GuitarGroupShots006.jpg
54KB, 800x533px
Ok so I'm reading into the occult and symbolism, I'm an atheist and a firm believer in scientific method however i can get behind the idea that symbols, presentation, and our environment can effect our and others moods thought processes opinions and even health. Im interested in the idea that certain symbols have inherent power on the subconscious mind and others have meanings ingrained in us by our culture and environment. I Want this power for self improvement NOT the manipulation of others and id like to start by adorning my room with symbols to promote masculinity strength self growth and also creativity (im a music autist). Any information or help in my pursuit would be much obliged also discuss symbolism and its practical application. (Pic unrelated)
>>
>>17222321
bump
is that your Carvin?
>>
File: scifair-clipboard.jpg (63KB, 453x600px) Image search: [Google]
scifair-clipboard.jpg
63KB, 453x600px
>I'm an atheist and a firm believer in scientific method however i can get behind the idea that symbols, presentation, and our environment can effect our and others moods thought processes opinions and even health.

Seriously then, why aren't you presenting this scientific idea on >>>/sci/ ?
>>
>>17222343
No my only carvin is a dc800 with a green flamed maple top but the stock pickups are really muddy and 8 is to many strings to mute unless you use a high A which is hard to get strings for. The low f sharp is to flappy for even a 27 inch scale
>>
When i was on shrooms and confronted the depths of my mind it seemed that every action and situation had a symbol attatched to it. They just kept popping up in my mind as things happened and the association between the symbols and related action/situation seemed very logical. I'm no magician though so just a contextual bump. Pretty guitar btw.
>>
>>17222358
Because this is a fringe psuedoscience type subject that /x/ would know much more about due to its ties with ancient mysticism and the occult.
>>
>>17222321
Does an atheist be living in the scientific method mean they put faith in a method of life just like religious people do?
>>
>>17222365
Perhaps those symbols are inherent symbols in all humans or maybe they are just symbols specific to our culture or just you care to elaborate and share them? I've had simaler experiences with psychedelics only for me deep meaning has become attached to certain places objects and music for example this album is basically an old friend that warms my heart starting out fun and silly and slowly becoming more deep and philosophical https://youtu.be/3m3qOD-hhrQ . Also, during every jam ive had on psychedelics every note and absence of notes literally ment everything to me as if my entire mind was being transfered into which ever instrument i was playing at the time.
>>
>>17222389
Not to say that what it was that i was playing was paticularly good or prolific but it ment so much to me at the time. Also psychedelics seem as if they could be a powerful tool in attaching meaning to symbols.
>>
>>17222372
Yeah i guess you could say that but the scientific method is more so a way to test things and gather information rather than an ideology or "method of life" to live by. It's like a tool more so than anything.
>>
>>17222406

What about when it fails you know?

Pluto was considered a planet and that was a fact, until it wasn't a planet and no longer is a fact, now it's an opinion whether or not it's a planet
>>
>>17222427
Well thats not really science failing, thats new younger scientists changing the classification of something due to new information. Its still a small solid body on the outskirts of our solar system but it was always much smaller and distant than the other planets and was looped in with them because what else are you going to call it you know? But now we know there are a few of them and we can justify giving them their own class of solar body: exoplanet. Its still a planet but with exo meaning outside or external
>>
But i digress, come on guys if anybody can help me its you, science or no science we can all agree that humans crave symbolism by design and the mind has much more control of the body than most give it credit for. Im in a creative slump and im not the man i want to be on a subconcious level. this seems like an interesting way to try and tackle the problem.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.