[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Astral Projection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6

File: astral_projection.png (670KB, 2008x1506px) Image search: [Google]
astral_projection.png
670KB, 2008x1506px
Anybody ever have a legit experience? I am a non religious, non conspiratorial guy who believes this might be possible. I have tried to induce vibrations for an OBE a few times and had success 3 times. I had strong vibrations and heard cracking sounds and believe, if I know for a fact I felt this as if I was holding on to a jackhammer, I was not dreaming or imagining things. If you doubt AP is a real phenomenon, then what is your explanation for these vibrations?
>>
>>17220053

/x/ is a slow board. Relax.

I've only astral projected once, but when I tried to fly through the ceiling I snapped back to my body.
Didn't have a silver cord. Didn't see any astral entities in my house. The vibrations are hard to explain.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (109KB, 717x643px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
109KB, 717x643px
>I have tried to induce vibrations
>had success 3 times.
>I had strong vibrations
>I felt this as if I was holding on to a jackhammer
>>
>>17220053
I have once, I used to practice when I was crashing at my uncles place. I just stayed still in the early hours of morning when he was going to work. Induced sleep paralysis, and eventually slipped out. There are some details I'm missing because it was two years ago but I slipped out, was in the same room, albeit more vivid (I'm near sighted so this was especially noticeable) heard a voice and got scared and went back.

I was a skeptic but now I believe it's real. I'm starting to practice again so that I could achieve that and more.
>>
Astral projecting is real, I've tried it and gotten vibrations. After the vibrations if when u can move out of ur body.
Anyone know some helpful tips?
>>
>>17220095

Stop trying.
Do or do not. There is no try.
>>
>>17220109
Get a different name.
>>
>>17220095
Think you will. It's a thought as subtle as getting off your bed
>>
>>17220088
I know right... I always was a very scientific guy who thought physics could explain everything, so you can imagine how annoyed I was by all the hocus pocus forums about AP... Until I found the wonderful world of 4chan's non-/b/ boards.. lol.

Also I certainly am not exaggerating at all about feeling like i was holding on to a jackhammer. Also, I definitely wasnt dreaming because I remember clearly feeling my elevated heart rate and breathing, and having very few dream-like visuals.

Overall, this vibration stuff made me really view that Monroe guy as one credible mofo.. I mean he had word for word exactly right what it would be like up to that point, I just always chickened out because my heart rate would go up to literally 170+ in this fully conscious state. Monroe's confidence about the whole thing really makes me believe this AP stuff could be true shit.

Even if AP isn't real (though I bet it is real), this vibration stuff makes me wonder. What type of physical thing is happening inside the body from a physical/scientific (albeit new-age, groundbreaking and paranormal) perspective when there is a physical sensation of literally holding onto a jackhammer and the occasional sound reminiscent of cracking one's knuckles underwater emanating from the neck region, this all happening while one is fully conscious and able to move at will albeit with some extra exertion to break semi paralysis.. To top it off this all happens with a heart rate that, were I to bet, could be mearsured at approximately 160-190 bpm???

TL;DR Sorry if that was a handful, but what I mean is, what if I was to go into the vibration state I have been in before in a MRI machine and they noticed my heart rate go to 170 being totally still and still conscious enough to maybe twiddle my thumb on command? So weird and undocumented yet real...
>>
>>17220125
Interesting. When you were trying to induce an OBE, were you doing it through sleep paralysis or meditation?
>>
>>17220095
>>17220121
OP here
>inb4 fag
And I think I am like you, I get to the vibration state either randomly or painstakingly, and get too unnerved by my fast heart beat and the performance anxiety of stumbling upon a wild latias/suicune/etc. because its rare that I get that far. I either chicken out or feel like if I moved, I would move my real body because I usually get semi not full paralysis... Would love tips from legit projectors
>>
>>17220125
Just because you felt your heart beating that fast doesn't mean it 'actually' was. Try keeping it up and make sure to keep fears of the unknown out of your mind while doing it
>>
>>17220140
I guess you could say both because I did this laying down at will trying to induce it at one point, and did it without falling fully asleep first. Then another few times, I did this by willing myself over and over before bed to wake up during my first rem cycle (which is surprisingly easy to do) and woke up with vibrations, sometimes strong, other times fleeting.
>>
>>17220155
Just try to keep it up as long as possible
>>
>>17220157
that's what she said.
>>
>>17220153
IDK dude... Im really not a hocus pocusy guy, and I was fully conscious at this time, definitely not dreaming or asleep. However, you could be right. I would be interested in finding a way to monitor my HR unobtrusively because if I am right, it shocks me that there is no scientific journal entry for something as profound as I have experienced in terms of sudden sharply elevated heart rate in a conscious, non psychotic/drugged state. (sorry for the jargony text but its kinda hard to get across legit astral pseudoscience in everyday vocabulary)
>>
>>17220153
I don't know man. I had a sleep study done for night terrors to see if I had sleep apnea or some kind of disorder and they managed to catch me mid lucid nightmare. My heart rate spiked through it and that came out in the read, but I remember feeling it in the dream too. They were going to prescribe me klonopin for it.
>>
>>17220164
>HR unobtrusively
Maybe a sports wristband?
>>
>>17220167
>lucid nightmare
try asking "why am I afraid of you", I've heard that works
>>
>>17220171
It was just a terrifying setting that I remember from it. I was at this enormous gate that was fully a part of the forest behind the sleep center and then other strange shenanigans that I don't remember. I'll try to remember that next time I come across someone spooky when lucid. Thank you.
>>
I've been trying, but never get past the high heart rate stage because too scared :(
>>
Lurking... Any good guides for newbies? Yall seem like youve been trying this for a while
>>
>>17220372
OP here, can confirm that the high heart rate stage is indeed scary, just imagine you are about to ask out a very sexy woman who is known to be loose, I mean once you get past that high heart rate stage and slip out of your astral bedsheets, the rest is like paranormal vaginal penetration (PVP) for as long as your etheric consciousness can stay in the plane. The cool thing about astral projection is that you don't have to be a confident sexy man (because we all can't be) in order to penetrate the astral hymen of your paravirginity. Hey also, if we meet in the astral plane (AP) let's dance like we were latios and latias shaped dolphins going "eeee, eeeee" cause it would be hot, if your a hot girl that is.

Sorry, rambling.
>>
>>17220482
Induce sleep paralysis
>>
>>17220482
oh and weird, you posted right as I was typing that LWVR. Wow totally a sign that you are a hot grill and we are gonna f*** in the plane tonight

P.S. LWVR = long winded verbose reply
>>
>>17220490

Ive done that before in attempts to lucid dream, but couldnt go longer than like 40 minutes before it just got too irritating that I had to turn over and go to sleep.

>>17220493
Im a guy but maybe my astral is a girl?
>>
>>17220520
>before it just got too irritating that I had to turn over
You have to suppress and ignore that feeling, you were close. After that, it's usually the scratchy throat
>>
>>17220482
On a serious and bumpy note, I had probably like a 10 percent success rate after 30 damn long minutes of trying to get to sleep paralysis then vibrations etc. from a lying meditative state (this was like 3 years ago so my memory gets fuzzy and havent tried since because its a pain)

However I did have success getting some vibrations when I woke up after falling asleep by telling myself repeatedly before bed to wake up in like an hour.. Severity of vibrations from this approach can vary IME however.

Also, one thing I believe helped me initiate vibrations when I was close is to look up into your third eye and if you strain a bit, you should hear something like the muffled sound of a taser in your head (you can do this right now easily you will know what I mean) and this kind of sends that initial chill down your spine that can kickstart your kundalini type energy equivalent if you are into that, dont remember if this exactly helped push me over the spine tingling edge when the vibrations started cascading from within me because this was again years ago, OP needs to rest his weary head... >.<
>>
>>17220528

I remember feeling itches around my body, and the want to turn over on the bed to my other side, and that these were just tests by my mind to see if I was really asleep or not and that these also have to be ignored.

How do you guys do this shit? Lay there, motionless for an hour, hour an half?

Its hard enough to meditate for 20 minutes straight.
>>
>>17220533

What are the vibrations supposed to be?

You 'ripping' yourself from your physical body?

How does one initiate movement of the 'soul' or whatever without moving the body?
>>
>>17220534
I usually imagine that I have to stay still or a killer would notice me or some shit. It usually takes me about 50 minutes
>>
>>17220539
I've heard the vibrations are supposed to be "etheric energy/ki/chi/loosh/etc."
>>
>>17220539
The vibrations are just your body spitting out an Astral copy of yourself.

Your body has to basically go to sleep while your mind is awake, and your consciousness has to be somewhere while your body is out. It's really just an automatic process, but it has to be the right conditions.
>>
>>17220539
Ahem, good question, (hehe) I honestly have no idea what vibes are but wouldnt mind bouncing ideas off people here

Also I have always chickened out because my heart rate was 2 fast >.>

You know, people often think astral projection is lucid dreaming same thing type deal, but if you could achieve this "state" whatever it is from the conscious, awakemeditation>vibes>OBE progression, I know for a fact that would not be lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming would have to be done while asleep so there is that.

On a physical level, maybe there is some ground to be broken scientifically because the astral plane could very well be just as physical real and accounted for as dark matter (idk what that shit really is but you know what im sayin) versus regular matter. Perhaps mammalian life energy that makes up true consciousness is its own essence that combines different forms of energy such as chemical and heat energy in the brain to transcend traditional energy as we know it and be like an interconnected energy.
>>
>>17220547
I bet control of energy never leaves the physical body, like there is an astral body but maybe the brain has a subconscious omnipotence about itself that can paint the apparently detailed surroundings of the astral plane accurately (from what I have heard, dunno if BS or not), and give the notion of an astral body of energy existing eleswhere from the physical body, but its merely perception. However, this would not make astral projection any less real or practical in, say, remote viewing applications were the brain to have some physically possible near-omnipotence of near surroundings... This is me theorizing as a couch stoner with no degree and no experience actually leaving the body, so keep in mind this is theory, and I dont even 100 percent feel convinced AP is real just yet, though still think its a real possibility.
>>
>>17220053
I'm sure it's physiological in nature desu.

I've had similar experiences with sleep paralysis after periods of little sleep.

>studying for finals, pulling late nights studying
>finally get a 3 hour nap in
>lay down, asleep in 15 minutes
>suddenly aware of the blackness around me and that i'm asleep
>immediately followed by an intense buzzing/vibration sensation and an equally intense feeling of falling
>suddenly I can see even though my eyes are closed, although everything is in greyscale
>try to move, can breath, but can only wiggle my fingers and toes
>freak out (this only happened the first couple of times, afterwards you get used to it)

here's where it get's weird
>try my hardest to jerk my body awake, usually with my neck
>whip my self onto the floor, am completely sure that i'm on the floor slowly crawling around the room, the accuracy of what is normally there is very close
>wake up laying on my back in be

every time this happens to me it goes the same way although the setting may be different depending on where I was. Realize i'm asleep, vibration, inability to move,/greyscale vision, crawling on the floor, wake up in bed.
>>
File: 1446784596144s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1446784596144s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>17220602
>gifted with frequent sleep paralysis
>hasn't tried to have an OBE or Lucid Dream
You need to apply yourself
>>
>>17220053
I've posted my story here a few times in these threads. Long story short: I visited a friend's place. The next day, mutual friends told me they got a phone call from the person I visited about something being in the house. Even described the path I took perfectly. I never said anything.
>>
File: 143525514282.gif (793KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
143525514282.gif
793KB, 255x255px
>>17220648
I've experimented with lucid dreaming and to be honest I've never had anything all that mind bending or incredible.

Most of the time it's just weird or goofy. Flying in lucid dreaming is incredibly difficult. Only had a handful of experiences with it. You can't just blast off. It's hard to put into words but it's almost like there's some sort of unfamiliar process to it. Almost like expecting a bird to be able to swing from trees like a monkey.

It's not really all that fun either. Sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming often go hand in hand for me. It usually starts with sleep paralysis and goes into lucid dreaming but they almost always have very dark undertones for whatever reason.
>>
>>17220684
You should try those mirror and subconscious experiments
>>
>>17220692
not familiar.

hasn't happened in a while, but link me up
>>
>>17220602
That's cool bro... OP here taken aback by your astral prowess *bows humbly*

all snide stereotypes about approximately 93 percent of astral projection stories on the internet being about as credible as bigfoot aside, your eloquent manner really struck a chord within me that believed your tale.

But I must say, I have felt vibrations in states that I would consider myself asleep in and fully paralyzed quite often (though interestingly I am always lucid) and I have had this happen very often, and recently also, all without trying. I just try to move my astral body (which I have an honest feel for when this is happening as being just dissonant with the physical, like dissonance in music y'know?) and when I get to the point where I am really getting a good inch out of the physical, I get so literally painfully weighed down by my fear of whats out there, that I run into a wall of pushing harder that I find near impossible.

Remember, all of this was done in a state of full paralysis, though lucid, that would be scientifically considered asleep, i believe in this case. Guess it would be AP though huh? because lucid dreaming or not technically at the time of this instance, vibration just seems too akin to AP for me to deny that it could lead to an AP, like theres something out there if I were to painfully proceed beyond my comfort zone into that ghastly world of unknown, does that make sense? (inb4 prolly not)

Anyway, please be honest kind sir, I just wanted to here some tips, etc you had for me in this realm... more in a bit.
>>
>>17220702
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/the-mirror-experiment.html
I hear it's possible to communicate with your subconscious by talking to the reflection. Definitely something that deserves exploration
>>
i've always had 'vibrations' while sleeping, waking up in my sleep (keeping eyes closed) or about to fall asleep. been able to do this way before i knew about astral projection.

how do i go to the next step? i'm kinda scared to go all the way...
>>
>>17220674
As an atheist with scientific reason before all type approach you know, I can believe this because I think that there is a type of energy that is physically real but not yet discovered that flies between brains, a sort of ESP, except whenever you try to focus on it, it isnt perceptible. Its subconscious influence, happens all the time and is the scientific merit behind "dont jinx it" or humming a song with coincidentally perfect lyrics (well bad example) or thinking of a person literally right before they text you (happens to be a great example, very common) either way, I have personally theorized with confidence that this is no coincidence in the way that lottery drawings are coincidental. They must be something to do with the brains sort of omnipotence that I outlined earlier (ctrl+f>"omnip" if you like)
>>
>>17220739
I'm 100% honest that it did happen. I would have chalked it up to just a dream if out mutual friends hadn't brought it up. I played dumb the whole time, they still don't know it was me. Can't explain the science behind it, but they were too specific with what they told me correlating with what happened from my point of view.
>>
>>17220684
I had a similar problem with flight in LDs, I at first tried to jump, and I would experience a kind of low gravity effect to my jump but not quite flying. Then I realized if I looked up, raised my hand, and emulated superman with my body language, I had no problem flying going like 0-50 mph realistically (if you can be realistic) in less than a second.
>>
>>17220774
I can sometimes levitate if I concentrate hard enough. Usually I just jump really high and land softly in my LD.
>>
>>17220761
Well, that omnipotence thing I described usually only happens when it is subconscious, so as long as that condition is met, Ive seen some pretty crazy text predictions (typathing) happen, in all seriousness. However, maybe by being able to leave the physical body and explore the details in a remote viewing/AP type of way, you are actually gaining conscious control over this omnipotence (by exploring details outside your room during AP), and you are able to more strongly and consciously influence communication between brains, this may be why your friend was so detailed, you may have influenced him without knowing it.

Also, appreciate that you seem intelligent and serious, non delusional and relatively non superstitious, because all these things are being said with a strong foot in the world of physical science. I know that some type of ESP exists scientifically, that allows you to "know" when you get a text, and I think that has been an undiscovered field. However, in 10000 years, do you really see anything less than a neurally connected world being possible? Food for thought.
>>
Sorry if this is TL;DR

But I am really enjoying you weird fucks keep it up
>>
>>17220808
Why is it only the subconscious though? When I projected, I was consciously attempting to achieve AP. Thank you too, I'm not crazy or delusional. I'm a science student myself so I'm wondering about the physics behind how this could work. My intuition is telling me to think about how ordered the universe is on a subatomic to the molecular level but also so chaotic and the fact that the order and chaos are balanced so perfectly. You're also right that I'm not superstitious but that balance feels like a very important thing to me.
>>
>>17220873
I meant subconscious in relation to the phenomenon where you think about a person for the first time in days then get a text from them like 5 seconds later. However, when I try to focus on that personally and game when I think I will get the next text on a pure guess, it won't be right. I figured, thats because the brain knows a lot on a subconscious level about the world, but the conscious cant access this info. AP allows you to explore the omnipotence of the subconscious mind in a more conscious light, allowing you to remotely view surroundings you have some familiarity with. This, of course if my opinion.

and to raise you one, how do you think molecular bs and stuff relates to ap? I would have thought i was all about energy myself..
>>
>>17220910
I believe that the consciousness can take control of the subconscious with training. I was using the molecular level as a endpoint. At that level of order, the equations show that uncertainty is pretty low and the spacial/temporal positions of the molecule is pretty low. I agree with you that it is energy based but energy is still particle based. Energy carrying particles are called bosuns if I remember correctly. They are small and thus have larger amounts of uncertainty. There's also the possibility that they are all connected, which could explain AP and TK/ESP phenomenon someday when we understand more.
>>
>>17220729
Be completely still, don't even swallow saliva but keep your mind awake.
If you can wake up without moving, try waking up and going right back to bed doing what I just said
>>
>>17220966
Cool beans... Well I am not science savvy in a textbook sense,so yeah.... Also if you don't mind me asking, what approach to ap did you use? I might try again, but I leaning from LD>AP instead of meditation>AP this time... Tips? Tricks? Methods?
>>
>>17220053
Define legit experience.
I've had experiences that match what's commonly described as Astral Projection, and that were very different from dreams. Just floated around in the surroundings of my home, they all were very short and uneventful.
>>
>>17222818
legit as in like it really happened, not just a lucid dreaming mix up but a real thing where you separated from your body.... and how was it different from say lucid dreaming?
>>
>>17220053

Resonation
>>
>>17220053
>I started to get interested in Lucid Dreaming after I found Edgar Cayce's Lucid Dreaming book that had belonged to my paternal grandfather who passed away days before I was born.
>Got a few other books on it, improved my dream recall over the course of 2-3 years
>I was 16 or 17, attempting to induce a lucid dream through the whole body asleep mind awake thing
>As I relaxed into it I realized it was different than other attempts
>I felt like I was in a wind tunnel, but without the physical sensation of wind; a torrent gusting past my ears but not touching my body.
>A tug came from my solar plexus, it was almost like the feeling that I've had when madly in love with someone.
>Then I was looking down at myself, got super freaked out and woke.

I'm not sure if it was a legit AP/OBE type experience as it may have simply been a weird dream. Thing is, prior to my experiencing it I'd only heard that AP was a thing that some people did. My perceptions wound up being rather similar to that of what other people reported, so who knows?

I've also had sleep paralysis cause some pretty crazy stuff; rooms breathing, tall sillhouttes surrounding my bed, etc. It became relatively frequent when I was 18-19 for me to have those sorts of experiences, and they freaked me out sufficiently to try to ignore it all until fairly recently.
>>
Yeah, I have had several experiences. I also have some good tips for those who are interested.
>Set your alarm for a time when you'll wake up feeling groggy. (For me it's 6-7 am)
>Wake up and walk around for a little, but try not to get fully awake. Just enough that you won't instantly fall asleep when you lay back down.
>Lay on your back and close your eyes or get a blindfold.
>Now your goal is to have your body fall asleep while your mind is awake.
>Do this by relaxing
>Now if the vibrations come it is a good sign, but don't tense up.
>I used to always mess up at this part because I would get too excited.
>Instead just relax some more, you might feel yourself starting to drift off to sleep but it's ok to allow that feeling.
>The closer you are to a sleep state the more likely you will enter into lucid dreaming instead of astral projecting but this is ok if you are still learning.
>Just remember to allow it to happen, think about leaving your body with the vibrations, but don't try to physically move.
>Even when the vibrations get stronger just relax some more.
>I might post more tips later if you are interested.
>>
>>17224797
Thx anon
>>
>>17221075
I was already well versed in meditation because I have extremely bad insomnia and it allowed me to get some kind of rest when I couldn't sleep. I projected after going deep into meditation. After that, I started lucid dreaming without trying. It's like the experience opened something up in my mind. Being good at biofeedback may help, I was already decent at that too. It's basically being able to control your body beyond what you normally can. Heart rate and then blood pressure control are the first two steps for learning that usually. It's also fun freaking out doctors when hooked up to the heart monitor.
>>
>>17220739
>as an atheist
Why do fedoras even come here. Seriously, atheists completely deny anything paranormal and faith in God so what's the point coming to /x/? And if you do then why not put away materialistic scientism and speak without Neil deNigger Tyson's dick in your mouth?
>>
>>17220164
>because if I am right, it shocks me that there is no scientific journal entry for something as profound as I have experienced in terms of sudden sharply elevated heart rate in a conscious, non psychotic/drugged state.

Anxiety attack, its not pleasant.
>>
File: penisvag.jpg (10KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
penisvag.jpg
10KB, 284x177px
>>17224797
So, I have a question for you. Now that you have astral projected, do you feel, like, the chosen one or something? Like do you hold your nose higher in public because you have special fairy-like powers and beautifully resolve that with great power comes great responsibility and you cant tell normies?

Or is it just a lukewarm sense that you kind of forget about by the next day, sort of like a muddy LD that you put on a pedestal until it actually happened? Wondering how vivid and elsa like AP will make me feel (pic related)
>>
>>17225081
>Says DeNigger
>Means DeGrasse
>mfw your keyboard skills are that bad lol

but seriously you gooky muslim, I hear you haten'. Just because you pray to a sky fairy doesn't mean you take it up the ass; however, it does mean that you aren't as scientific. I believe in something paranormal which is astral projection, however, I think it has scientific merit. It's just that most people see AP and science as completely unrelated subjects, whereas I do not, for this reason, I must come to /x/ where you upside-down visor wearing bibliophiles congregate to be taken seriously
>>
>>17220571

You can have a lucid dream from a conscious state, its called a WILD, and people mistakenly think you need sleep paralysis for it to happen but its not necessary, you can also have one without going into the normal stages of sleep first as I had discovered a few years back when I was laying on my side and falling asleep (not attempting LD) and sudde ly get hypnagogic vision and sensation that turns into a full blown dream like I could feel myself entering the dream, or shifting focus into the dream and it scared me because this was a new sensation and I can remember it was a city at night, I remember the asphalt road of the empty highway looking as real as real life and bathed in yellow light by the street lights, anyways this was far more vivid and I was far more aware in it than a usual hypnagogic experience which last short and are quickly forgotten soon after they occur for me.

Anyways all that I describe is just a period of a few seconds because I physically force myself out of it, out of perhaps my only one succesful and unintentional WILD because I was a little bitch, and got scared by how real it was, lmao wow thats the fucking point of a lucid dream, I'm never going to succeed at this rate if I chicken out at my attempts.

Anyways as for the difference between AP/OBE and a lucid dream, one way I guess you could discern the difference is if the level of awareness and consciousness in an AP feels exactly the same as a lucid dream but you cannot manipulate your environment and the like, like you can a lucid dream, of course I wouldnt know because I think one of the only times I came close to inducing an OBE/AP I chickened out, just like others here have.
>>
ok i have tried for quite a while and i have gotten to a phase where i can move my limbs but they haven't moved in normal space if you get what i mean?
>>
>>17225400
Sounds like you have trouble fully letting go. Moving my head and chest out of my body were hardest for me too. You just have to jump off and do it.
>>
>>17225418
how does one let go? and it only happens occasionally after like 30 40 minutes of staying stock still and i do not know how to meditate
>>
Is anyone here familiar with the term phase shifting?

Once I heard it for the first time, astral projection and OBE made a lot more sense, in that you don't physically leave your body, but rather you change your focus state of consciousness to that of a different state, so F1 reality, F2 lucid dream, F3 OBE, F4, astral "realms" if I understand it correctly.

In that sense AP becomes about removing your focus from this physical plane of existence right now to another one and you do that by losing awareness and sensation of your physical body, and it also happens when you dream in that you are in the dream focus which is close to reality focus and why its so easy, and then lucid dream and proper OBE/AP require more effort and greater loss of focus than that or whatever.

Certainly a better metaphysical explanation than actually leaving your physical body I think. Thoughts?
>>
>>17220053

No, every single person in this thread is RPing and only wishes they had dream powers.
>>
>>17225436
Learn to meditate first. It really helps. By letting go, I mean you have to accept leaving your body. You have to trust it to keep working while your not there and that you'll be OK. Like a NEET leaving the basement for the first time. To go to a double kegger.
>>
>>17225489
I can attest to the fact that meditation is definetly a necessary foundation, back when I was trying somewhat actively to lucid dream or OBE and I was meditating at least semi-regularly and not putting it off I was able to get into certain states quicker, certainly able to find the patience and will to lie down on my back for 30 minutes without doing anything but counting the breath etc.

Even this what not enough at least in my case because I only did bare minimum of meditation and was never able to keep it a habit or to attempt lucid dreams and OBEs more than just a few times a month with concerted effort.

Now its like 2-3 years earlier and my meditation practice all but ceased and I notice the effects accumulated, more stress, more anxiety, higher resting heart rate, and I can't even meditate for 5 minutes without losing track, yet before I used to be able to meditate at least as much as 20, meaning right now I can't even attempt any OBe or WILD lucid dream methods because I wont have the will and patience for that, its not a good idea to stop meditating, its just makes everything worse, trying to get back into it now so I can try OBE and LD's again, without meditation to serve as the foundation of your attempts you will just fail and may even give up trying for years.

The meditation I'm talking about here btw is simple mindfulness, focus on breath, counting breaths, returning focus to the breath.
>>
>>17225595
The kind of meditation I was doing was more of a progressive relaxation technique.
>>
>>17225116
Well in all honesty I like to feel special, so sometimes I entertain those thoughts. (I'm also pretty certain that most people have the ability to project so I know I'm not that special) I remember feeling amazed after one session when I projected upstairs through the flooring and observed my housemate watching tv. That was the most real projection I have ever had, the others were sort of a mix of lucid dreaming and projection.
>>
>>17225400
I've had that kind of experience too, where limbs can move freely but your sort of anchored by your middle. The only advice I can give is that I've only been able to leave when I have full body vibrations. So you probably just need to be more tired, try relaxing more and inching closer to sleep without falling asleep.
>>
I always chicken out when my eyes start darting around. I feel like im going to have a seizure or something.

Anyone else get that? Also, the pressure on the forehead gets reallly intense
>>
>>17220053
>Anybody ever have a legit experience?

No

/thread
>>
>>17226141
Pressure on the forehead, I've had that sometimes when doing "third eye" meditation, I don't necessarily believe that its true though, but the correlation is interesting and from what you said triggered it as well.

Is there anyone here who had an OBE in less than a month or week trying?

I ask because I find it impossible to make it a daily thing, I may read about it for weeks and then work up the will to try it once and only once when it fails and nothing happens I lose motivation instead of treating it like a long term practice and habit I try to have it instantly because modern life has pampered us like that. So if even comitting a full week of 7 days to OBE attempts might increase your chances significantly I would maybe put more effort and willpower into trying.

Or maybe I'm just looking to justify my laziness.
>>
>>17227050
Lots of people talk about meditation, chakras, special diet, avoiding alcohol etc. Truth is, I don't do any of that stuff and can astral project fine. I'm sure it can help people, but for me the best advice is what I gave above. Basically do it when you feel groggy, but awake enough that you won't fall asleep right away. I don't try all the time either, maybe a couple of weeks scattered throughout the year. Usually only 1/6 of the time I get results. One thing I noticed was that for some reason all my successes are grouped together. So if I had a success one day, I'm more likely to have another success the next day, etc.

>>17226155
Yeah I have, I know you might think lots of us are Role Playing, but I swear I'm not. Whether those experiences are navigating reality or it's all lucid dreaming I am not sure. But I will say I've had very real experiences.
>>
>>17227286
I suppose it depends on mindset, me for instance, I'm so irrationally afraid of experiencing something totally outside of my normal realm of experience like an OBE and AP that I decided to focus on meditation and then lucid dreaming first so I could get used to the feeling, used to being conscious and aware outside of normal physical reality like a lucid dream, and meditation to help with staying calm and not getting all anxious etc, got a little sidetracked though.
>>
>>17227297
Yeah that makes sense, I definitely had to get over that fear in order to be successful. My first experience was back in 2010 even before I knew it was called Astral Projection. I eventually figured it out and tried to induce AP. I had an unpleasant experience that altogether stopped me from projecting for years. Then at the end of 2014 I had some really good experiences when I learned how to relax and not care what happened to me. I didn't try very much in 2015, but I remember having one lucid dream. Maybe I'll try more this year.
>>
>>17220125
>>17220072

That jackhammer feeling means you are super close, try to go deeper into a sleep state (without actually falling asleep) next time this happens to you. You can do this by being more tired (getting less sleep) and relaxing deeper, going deeper. I know that last sentence sounds stupid, but it's the best way I can explain it.
>>
>>17227286
You're having very real experiences of dreaming.

Imagination is not paranormal.
>>
>>17227425
I never said it was paranormal, just that I am somewhat conscious when it happens. I remember one lucid dream when I took off flying and I flew too fast it felt like my brain wasn't able to generate all the scenery that fast so I woke up.
>>
>>17224942
on the right path

to get close to being able to AP one must meditate and learn visualzation. ine you are adept at entering trance and visualizing stuff youll be able to AP without problem. My routine normally is meditate every night before bed. doing this will also iive you lucid dreams almost every night as your body adapts to different frequencys in your brain.

Astral projecting is the most astonishing expierence that can happen to you. the feeling of leaving out of your vessel and then slowly being filled up back into your vessel is the weirdest sensation ever.
>>
>>17225444
This actually makes sense in a sort of way. Whenever I have a really lucid dream I wake up confused and weird as if I have to get used to this frequency because I was in a different frequency for so long.
>>
Also; belief has a very strong presense in astral projecting, not only does it boost your chances than being negative about it; it also helps you will yourself out. its really helpful and can give you good foundation. Practice your willpower.
>>
>>17220706
Is this real, or bait? Stop being such a faggot.
>>
>>17220053
I have not. However what what I've heard a deprivation chamber helps.
>>
>>17227420
that makes sense, because I feel like I was probably not paralyzed enough, only half paralyzed if that makes sense
>>
>>17228568
precisely the reason this is real and relevant is that it highlights the propensity for astral projection experiences to be viewed in the same light as tarot cards. By highlighting the fact that this is scientific and not like the majority of stories that are fabricated, this makes this thread far more timeless than some completely superstitious online rave.

Also don't make fluttershy cry mister
>>
OP seek out the LORD Jesus
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.