[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /x/, what is your theory of existence? I'm highly curious.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13

>>
It's just something to do
>>
it's just a prank bro
>>
File: aigoo.jpg (109KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
aigoo.jpg
109KB, 612x612px
Its not real. None of it is. Not me,or you.Everything is a dream. And when you think you're dreaming,thats when you're actually awake.
>>
That it's crazier than we can even imagine and that it gets even crazier after you die
>>
God abandoned us long time ago we were a failed experimet of him. He wanted to see what would happend if he created intelligent life. There are only angels and demons, God killed himself and his opposite part did it too.

I am drunk so don't pay attention to me.
>>
>>17220138
Cheers brother me too :D
>>
File: 9524832075_58fc125ff0_k.jpg (1MB, 2048x974px) Image search: [Google]
9524832075_58fc125ff0_k.jpg
1MB, 2048x974px
I like to think it's all about poetic artistry. Possibly created by advanced life forms, perhaps something more akin to incorporeal entities far removed from what we could understand as their level of evolutionary sophistication far exceeds that of our own, so they make universes for fun or artistic enjoyment. Maybe something like the Annunaki God's no one can say for certain.

It makes logical sense that the universe has always existed as it seems more improbable that it would spontaneously be created, although I do not rule it out.

I like to look at the universe like a fractal, as these mathematical representation are most suitable for understanding it's scale in-variance. The universal set has no beginning or end just like the ouraborus, our universe 'appears' at some point in the set but it is a mirror projection of some other mathematical part.

Plato believed everything in the cosmos was an imperfect reflection of pure and perfect mathematical forms, that may be the case. We the universe may be the only true mathematical form in existence, and from this perfect expression all other happenings may arise.

The universe may be a conscious, subconscious or unconscious state within the mind of all encompassing consciousness, i.e 'God', it is apparent to me from my perspective that humans are in the middle of it all and this universe seems very much perfect to me, I say this because it is a mystery and at the same time we are able to intuit certain aspects of the world around us but not entirely as that would render our lives meaningless.
>>
We literally come from the death of a star. The universe has over a quintillion dying stars. We will recycle and form again, and again, and again
>>
>>17219984
I don't think we will ever understand it. Our minds aren't big/smart/whatever enough to comprehend the miracle that is life. And I don't mean it that in a religious way. I mean, existence must have something to do with time and energy and something, but I don't know man, I don't think we'll ever know.
>>
>>17220254
So my shitty life may be good in the next life after I die??!?!?! Because my life now, I must have been Hitler it's so bad.
>>
God creates us.
We live and learn
The Evil restart life from a clean slate
The Good become part of a singularity
Once all have experienced and learned and made good choices in life the singularity Becomes a new god.
That how Gods reproduce from conscious singularities.
The new god Eats the old god
The universe dies
The New god creates his own Universe
And reproduction restarts again
>>
>>17220315
:( sorry brother
>>
>>17219984
>god is a dreamer
>we are in his infinite dream
>when we die, our own infinite dream will begin
>we will become god
>>
I think once we die we get like a progress report done on us-- hmmm says here anon that you went to earth to learnto be giving and helpful.... But you spent your time banging hookers and shooting pigs. Where do you think you went wrong?
>>
>>17220254
But supernovae scatter matter all around, how do we coallesce? How does what makes us *us* travel through time and space after our component atoms are dispersed?
>>
It's probably just a game between good and evil how ever the fuck you want totview them to see who gets tired of this place and fucking offs themselves,or who dies in prison,or even who believes in a prophet that has to get his dick wet with a 9 year old girl. Who knows.
>>
Most likely we are part of a massive simulated computer program where human life and earth run independently of the original simulation program. If technology develops quickly enough like philosophers like Nick Bostrom had hypothesized we may be living within a highly evolved extra terrestrials iPhone app. Time itself may even be a simulation so thousands or millions of virtual universes could be created and destroyed within seconds. Outside of the simulation time would be moving normally but inside the simulation time would be passing incredibly quickly in comparison to the outside world. The life forms living within the massive simulated computer program would be unaware of their origin probably assuming their universe was created by a creation event like the big bang. ay lmao
>>
>>17220536
Correction:
God is a DJ.
But what if he was one of us?
>>
Earth is actually pergatory because:
1.) We can never leave it on free will.
2.) Great miracles tend to happen but horrifying things do at the same rate
>>
>>17221253
We can never leave----- see that's what bothers me, if we did have a secret space program that has colonized other planets we wouldn't have an overpopulation problem cus honestly if given the chose between staying here or leaving for a new planet, a lot of people would leave.... I would
>>
>>17221269
Wouldn't even have to think about it.... Here is a starship do you want to leave and never come back? Fucking see you later
>>
>>17219984
Meteorite harboring microbes lands on earth after millions of years in space, which evolve into earth life stuff. We can from elsewhere in the galaxy. Panspermia. Of course this is life, not "existence", which i think is bs chemical self awareness.
>>
>what is everything
I don't think the human categorical process of thought (homo sapiens, genus homo, primate, mammal, vertebrate) can be applied to everything.

I think it's a "bug" in the system that we have a word or a concept meaning "everything". It's like the part of our retina where the optic nerve attaches and makes the "blind spot" - our mind fills in the blind spot where the optic nerve attaches, and it fills in where "the universe" attaches to our cognitive process of thought as well.

so while we have some made-up content in that blind spot of our eye, where our brain conjures up something which fits the surroundings - so our brain conjures up the sense that we're talking about something when we say "everything" even though we know logically "everything" can't possibly be "something".

and just like the blind spot hardly affects our vision at all, having this false category of "everything" (existence, the universe, life etc.) doesn't affect our ability to hunt, mate, etc.
>>
>>17219984
>whats your theory on existence
>i'm highly curious
>highly
>high

ok anon.
>>
>>17219984
It's beyond the mental. You can't understand. Just live it. But we don't, we're dead.
>>
>>17220254
Creepy
>>17210254
>>
>>17220315

You just committed suicide and are being tested to see if you do it again. If you do next round you get abusive parents and Huntington's disease.
>>
>>17219984
It's an illusion - nothing more, nothing less.

Want proof? The Mandela Effect.
>>
Something is broken
I don't know how to be any less vague
>>
>>17223885
Then I'll just kill myself again
Only difference will be I won't wait as long
I'll do it over and over again until the time between existing and dying is instantaneous
And there will be nothing left at all
>>
>>17219984
the universe is almost certainly artificial, but our existence with in it is completely incidental to its function.
>>
File: 1410985495504.jpg (45KB, 480x309px) Image search: [Google]
1410985495504.jpg
45KB, 480x309px
>>17219984
It's hard to believe we evolved like this but the evidence does look that way. But then it's easy to believe something created us but that theory was created in the mind of humans, so it's obviously biased. Just look at how many gods there are.
>>
>>17219984
Every possibility you could imagine exists. We're choosing this one but don't think we are so it is. We're prisoners of our own fear.
>>
File: 3red.gif (40KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
3red.gif
40KB, 100x100px
Will our consciousness reform also if given infinite time and combinations so we would remember everything from this age but will be living in totally different one ,like billions of years away in future from moment of our death?
>>
>>17224045
>We're prisoners of our own fear
Fucking this x100000
>>
>>17219984
I think our fate is pretty much the same as animals. We just try to survive as long as possible. After we die, i think we will just wake up like from a dream. Endless dream from your head. If you believed in jebus and shit, you go to heaven or hell. Depends on your religion. But if you don't believe in anything you just live normal life again. In circles.
>>
I don't have one. The biggest thing for me has been discovering that all scripture/mythology really has the same punchline, regardless of when or from where within human history you cherry-pick it. We are all humans feeling the same wants, fearing the same fears, painting our own masks over our unknowns and dramatizing our deepest concerns with stories. It's all the same thing, picking pretend holes through the wall of unknowablility. Humans- gotta love us
>>
File: 1408671562354.jpg (53KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1408671562354.jpg
53KB, 800x600px
>>17219984
It doesn't exist.
>>
>>17219984
Life and thinking is the consecuence of the configuration of earth and solar system and the conditions on them There is no deep meaning or purpose in life, you are here because your parents fucked time ago.

Human race acts allways for a reason, we have objetives, and when we look at the universe we judge it from the human point of view, searching for an objetive or reason but there is no meaning, things just happen.

I heard many times the phrase "everything happens for something" what I think is "everything happens for nothing"
>>
>>17221253
>Great miracles tend to happen but horrifying things do at the same rate
>at the same rate
It seems like horrifying things happen far more often than great miracles.
>>
>>17219984
We have 1/infinite posibilities of being real and not a digital simulation according to my theory.
And this is my theory:

-Without a doubt we are going to have computers simulating our universe sooner or late.
Lets name that simulated universe the 2universe.

-If that 2universe is a replica of our universe, that 2universe is going to create humans and they will grow the same as we, so they are going to create a simulation of the universe too (3universe).

-By this algoritm, the 3universe is going to be the same creating other universe, and following this algorithm there is going to be infinite universes.

-Its possible that we are not the first universe, if we were the n-universe all would look the same (because every universe is imitating the upper universe).

-If there are infinite universes and we are just one of then the probabilities of being the first are 1/infinite.
>>
After reading a lot of Nietzsche last year I can get a good laugh at my own existence now
>>
>>17223860
Woah, those post numbers like, line up and stuff man
>>
>>17224194
>Everything happens because something bad happened before it.

We think we know this, it's all we state that we know.

>things are going to happen because of things that happened before

there is no logic in this
>>
For all we know any one of us could be a god ad not know it. Perhaps everything we perceive is created in our "mind" and when we look away, it all disappears until we look back again.
>>
For all we know we have been looking at the universe wrong the whole time and it in itself is a god without conscience. We could just be a way for the universe to experience itself but not realize it. Much like how your cells don't realize they are part of a larger being that technically isn't conscious but an amalgamation of cell reactions that perceives itself as conscious.
>>
>>17224032
allah akbar
>>
>>17220022
I agree accept for the awake part.
>>
>>17220069
this has got to be true.
>>
>>17219984
In the begining everything was condensed in one point. The time, the matter, all the informations that exists. Within one point was the begining and the end of the universe. We are just like a wool ball that is derolled. Like a movie on a screen.
We are as important as a sun or the universe itself since we are part of the whole. Without me the universe can't exists.
>>
>>17219984

Big Bang.

Also Peter J. Carroll's theory of Chaos.
>>
>>17219984
We're born, we live, we die. The end.
>>
>>17219984
Universe is one of many universes that bleed into one another at the edges, triggering the start of new universes, there is no beginning or end and there's other dimensions and stuff. We're one of many intelligent races but likely will never connect with any others due to the distances between us and technological limitations as well as our own vanity that will likely lead to our deaths.
Is there an afterlife? Not a conscious one, no. You are born and will return to the state you were in before you were born when you die; non existence.
Is there an ultimate goal or plan? Nope, it's subjective so make your own.
Does any of this matter? Nah, it's enough to say "dayumn nature u scary" and continue living your trivial lives. You don't need to waste time wondering about stuff that only the truly gifted can explore with technology that hasn't been invented yet.
>>
ITT: People who actually think they know what they're talking about
This >>17220254 is the best answer
/thread
>>
File: Tinytoons.jpg (89KB, 468x459px) Image search: [Google]
Tinytoons.jpg
89KB, 468x459px
>>17224239
>wants the name the universe the tooniverse. Sounds like something out of tiny toons.
>>
File: coyote1_0.jpg.png (448KB, 791x507px) Image search: [Google]
coyote1_0.jpg.png
448KB, 791x507px
Who needs theory? I am breathing. Just like I breath, I need to eat. Just as I eat to continue my breath, the breathing of something else stops. It has been this way since the beginning of life, and it has been spiraling like memes out of /b/ to the rest of the world.

The easiest way to fill a circle is a spiral. The easisiest way to entertain a child is to play a game. One where there are winners and losers, one where the passage of time is different and it seems to take place in a different world.

This is that game, and even if you get tagged by "It" to play the role, you are not it, It is the concept of the game that all the kids are playing. You are a role-player, not GOD, but the game is more fun when everyone plays fair.
Though of course we all have different abilities depending how long we've been playing. If new kids show up, they might even change the game, or so they think. Turn tag into freeze tag, but it's still all just a game of tag.

You're it.
>>
File: 514f4e4b7f554.jpg (41KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
514f4e4b7f554.jpg
41KB, 256x320px
>all these people trying to be spooky by saying that the universe is a simulation and things of that nature

I can't be the only one that doesn't really care whether it's all a dream/simulation or not right?
>>
Incarnate -> learn lessons -> have some fun -> learn lessons -> do some work -> learn lessons -> have some fun ->learn lessons -> meat sack death

Repeat cycle in various densities depending on overall experience, trying endlessly to reach that juicy godhood.
>>
File: 1452703325442.jpg (37KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1452703325442.jpg
37KB, 600x400px
>>17219984
>>
>>17228117
>I can't be the only one that doesn't really care whether it's all a dream/simulation or not right?
I mean..Im starting to believe it and its making me more and more frustrated because I feel like Im the only one stuck with my current situations in life.
>>
>>17220315
Hitler was a hero.
>>
>>17224032
edgy
>>
File: Main Cover.jpg (22KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Main Cover.jpg
22KB, 512x512px
All that is now, and all that is gone, and all that's to come,
And everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
>>
>>17219984
Everything that isn't us or what we create is God.
When we die we retun to IT and become one with IT, feeling EVERYTHING and EVERYONE that has left and then returned. At this point we literally lose our conciousness and sense of self and become one with the collective.
But then, after a while, out conciousness start to reform from the huge expense that is creation, until we all return to a new self and are reborn. This is extremely hard process.
>>
>>17219984
Chop wood, carry water.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.