[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The University of Arizona boasts an unusually extensive system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 01_4_i.gif (30KB, 302x209px) Image search: [Google]
01_4_i.gif
30KB, 302x209px
The University of Arizona boasts an unusually extensive system of utility tunnels, more than 15 miles worth of them, altogether. They were mostly built in the 1950's, and house tons of steam and water lines that go to pretty much every building on campus. They also provide access to the handful of fallout shelters that were built in the basements of some of the campus building at that time.

There are also a few chambers in the tunnels that don't seem to have any purpose. There's only a handful of them, five maybe, though some claim there's many more if you really look for them.

You access these chambers through a vent built at ground level, covered with a sliding steel hatch with a serial number printed on it. On a couple of these, the steam pipes run directly in front of the hatch, rendering them pretty much inaccessible. They're big enough that a grown man could comfortably crawl on his hands and knees through them.

The chambers themselves are square, about twelve feet to a side, divided into quarters. From above, they'd look like a square with a plus sign inside. There's only about a foot and a half of clearance between the walls and the tips of the plus sign, so you have to sidle a bit to get from one quarter to the other.

There are no light fixtures in these chambers, no outlets, no openings of any kind except the entry hatch. Some of them are plain concrete, others have been painted white. It's not clear why they were built, or exactly when. Storage for the fallout shelters, maybe? But why the odd design?

The guy who told me about these rooms told me that you start getting creeped out really fast when you're in them, like something unfriendly is watching you. Once, when he was working down in the tunnels, he went into one near the Medical Center, and in the quarter opposite the hatch, there was a folding chair sitting on the ground. For some reason, that just made him beat a panicked exit from that room and he never went in again.
>>
This thread has potential, please continue.
>>
>>17215114
I'd love to work in these, what must I do?
>>
>>17215151
I agree
>>
>>17215114
Oh shit, I know what OP is doing.
>>
File: DJbhUxk.jpg (93KB, 518x777px) Image search: [Google]
DJbhUxk.jpg
93KB, 518x777px
Please tell us more
>>
>>17215443
Okay.
>>
File: TunnelsBOOMSArticle.jpg (148KB, 741x539px) Image search: [Google]
TunnelsBOOMSArticle.jpg
148KB, 741x539px
>>17215114
Be wary of tunnels where serpents tread.
>>
File: 1451004787759.webm (815KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451004787759.webm
815KB, 720x720px
bumpin
>>
>>17216867
I can't hear anything.
>>
The university in Washington that I went to had these too. It's a small town that's burned down a few times, and it snows there so in ye olden days they would use the tunnels in the winter to get around campus.
But it also pops up all over town in the old buildings, like the mason lodge. My boss owned this old building that was mainly abandoned except one storefront he would rent out. In the basement there was an access to the tunnel that had been cemented shut.
Sounds like this is going somewhere spooky but as far as I know the only thing that ever happened with it was some guy who would flash people at parks then run into the tunnels and get away.
But I mean, that's still pretty scary lol
>>
>>17216752
What can you tell me about mt shasta?
>>
>>17217332
Not as good as Coke.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSWiRygdEc8
>>
>>17217354
Cancer. Stay away.
>>
>>17216934
Was this WSU, by any chance?
>>
>>17217354
WTF is this real?
>>
Might be relevant

http://tucson.com/news/local/education/college/ua-s-nuclear-reactor/article_ab57bbc7-0956-5ac7-aac1-f4045354d4c4.html
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.