[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Thread #3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: album12n-4-web.jpg (16KB, 400x402px) Image search: [Google]
album12n-4-web.jpg
16KB, 400x402px
We will all eventually go through it. The end of our cycle. But what is it like?

Some of you in previous threads said it was like experiencing "nothingness". Others have said it's paradise or what you make it.

One of the potential realities is that death is truly the end of who you are. You as a being no longer exist. Your body does, but you as a consciousness has given up.

What do you think/know? Do you have information on a personal level or something scientific. Share it.

I'm still finding it hard to believe that science hasn't discovered anything yet. And I'm sure that if they did, it would be covered up.
>>
First your body and mind desperately tries to retain its existence as a body, mind, and soul. As you draw closer and closer to death, everything slows down, loses color, and you brain suffocates from lack of oxygen until all you can sense is your own consciousness. We peel away from out bodies, and are no longer our minds, but become nothing but consciousness and thought. You are also given full knowledge of God, life, death, and the fact that you could chose in life, which I by no means claim to know fully. The following is majoritively from the Bible, but is not the average Christian perspective.
cont
>>
>>17213349
At the moment of death, your life force culminates in the center of your being, and depending upon where and when you let it go, it will leak like plasma in zero gravity toward either Heaven or Sheol, the land of the dead. If you are worthy of heaven, ie. perfect, you will ascend to a given position based upon you works. If your will is still apposed to God, which it always is in some way, but you had saught after him with all your heart mind and soul, you become a sort of memory block or save, like a usb drive for a computer, cut off from the source. This is not really literal, but it becomes very much like a dream, and you become nothing more than the culminations of how you chose to be in this life. It is like our nervous systems leave an imprint in the spiritual plane, which is then placed on the level of existence that is suited to its level of consciousness. This is where it stays for eternity. In this plane, you literlly create your surrondings and experiences, much like a dream, but only with faith can one manipulate their surroundings, to become closer to God. I think back to the meaning of Jesus's words. "And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away." (Mathew 21:19, KJB) This also applies to life in what we can do through faith in God, but it implies that we are sovereign over our lives, our actions, and in death, fully create our own experiences, much like a lucid dream, but always with the air of adressing some sort of problem.
cont
>>
>>17213353
>>17213353
If we are alone, we are doomed to repeat the lessons we were to learn in life, regarding our purposes. We simply cannot enter heaven, because holy is seperation from the flesh, and we refuse to refuse flesh and the "Old man" that is born of flesh. Until we allow the holy spirit to take the reigns, we cannot be of use to God, nor can we fulfil our purpose, so our problems repeat until we become nothing but the problems, completely losing the ability to chose, unless we let God in of course. Here we have Lazarus(the rich man, not Jesus's friend) and the poor beggar.
19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. (Luke 16:19-26, KJV)
>>
>>17213359
>>17213353
>>17213349
The second death is when we fully deny God, and we are bound to even if we know, but can no longer chose to overcome our "old men." This is how Jesus saves in both life and death, he presents us with situations that adress our character flaws, and then if we allow him, he changes our actione more godly. This is what is referred to as the second death. Now, many Christians think that death and judgement are simultaneous, but if we examine the bible, that is obviously not the case if you examine the text. What I am speaking of is the first death and what it is like. It is all a dream. From my understanding, it does not seem that God, who is holy, would ever allow a thing that cannot be in his prescense into his home, Heaven. Sanctification continues into death, even up until judgement.

THIS is where the second death comes. After the Antichrist declares to be God, "Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41 NIV) It is both the lake of fire, and seperation from God eternally. In the cycles of dreams that you have upon death, you are given a chance to hear God, and to be sanctified by him, which could take a very long time, but of you are are commited to God, he will be faithful and fulfil his promise of salvation.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
(Revelation 20: 12-15)
>>
>>17213361
>>17213359
>>17213353
>>17213349
Last one I promise.
In this place, God no longer hears your cries for your problems, and you will continue to be yourself unfilfilled and tormented, simply because you were unable to give up your viewpoint and wants to God, who created you and your purpose.
>>
So is Bowie in Sheol??
>>
>>17213366
How do we know we aren't already there?
>>
Shameful Bump
>>
>>17213455
Yes
>>
what happens when you die isnt known by anyone. anything could happen. we just don't know enough about our own world and how consciousness works to have an answer.

we could be in an incredibly complex simulation, and when we die we return to the world that we decided to leave for whatever reason.

it could be literally the matrix

if resurrection is at all possible, our own or some alien race might decide to resurrect us. if time is infinite and non-repeating, this would be a certainty.

if time is infinite, and goes in a loop, repeating the same things over and over, you might experience your entire life over again. and then just keep doing that, forever

or it could be something completely different. think of anything, and there's a chance thats what it's like.
>>
>>17213308
It's the only constant in your life.
>>
Take your meds: The Thread
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.