[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: God.jpg (120KB, 700x544px) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
120KB, 700x544px
Okay guys let's settle this once and for all...This is what it all comes down to...The battle royale, the royal rumble for all the enchiladas...does God real or doesn't he?

If he does what the fuck's his deal?
If he doesn't then how the fuck are we here?
>>
>>17211227
tripcodes and masturbation
>>
We are here because of basic chemistry, pun intended. Why do you want some old man created by jews thousands of years ago to be the cause.
>>
>>17211227
Shut up, nerd.
>>
>>17211257
OP here

Shut up faggot
>>
you ever listen to "any colour you like" by pink floyd?
it's a detailed description of God and His purpose.
>>
>>17211251
So chemistry just magically came from nowhere then?
>>
Dubs decide
>>
Can I science theorize for a minute?
>>
>>17211303
No...okay yes.
What is it?
>>
>>17211290
Matter appears out of nowhere all the time, yes.
>>
>>17211327
Oh does it? For no reason? Nothing spurs it on? I'm sure you're right anon the science guy
>>
>>17211311
There are infinite dimensions. We knowingly exist on 4 of these, but there is a possibility that our actions, without us knowing, affect events in other dimensions.

If we assume that such a thing is possible and can happen between any dimension(s), with any number of dimensions involved in the interaction, that could mean that there is an entity on some other plane of existence that affects events in our dimensions, effectively making that entity a god.
>>
>>17211339
we don't know, we have no ability to know, so someone claiming to know is an idiot.
>>
File: prometheus.png (245KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
prometheus.png
245KB, 400x400px
God is the impetus of the material universe. In other words, the operator of the 4th dimension. Our consciousness is high-order organized material impetus, hence the term "free will" - to be above the slow and laboriously cyclical impetus of the lower material forms.
So yes, God is in you. The organization that in your body is developed in a matter of years has played out according to the same intuitive direction across the celestial bodies over periods of time that can never be fathomed.
As above, so below.
>>
>>17211368
This. We wont ever know in our current state of consciousness.
/Thread
>>
>>17211383
>>17211368
We do have the ability to compare experience and talk about it though. But fine be faggots, you guys can't honestly say you don't have an opinion or the other. It's the most divisive issue there is
>>
I had some anons thoughts on this once but I had to erase a lot of shit so I'll give you guys the rough version.

think of a being swimming in the higher dimensions. now this being comes upon raw matter, what is raw matter? well the anon didn't elaborate but its safe to say that we came from it. so basically this guy fucks the raw matter then the universe exists. after a long time
this "higher dimensional" being begins to export copious amounts of blueprints into existence. what are blueprints you ask? the basic necessities, its what you and i formed from
these are thoughts and ideas which form into
existence. what does it do with the shit that comes outta the blueprints, it eats that shit.
how does it eat?
>it eats through the holes
welp, thats all i remember so have fun!
>>
File: 1449992035861.jpg (68KB, 630x631px) Image search: [Google]
1449992035861.jpg
68KB, 630x631px
>>17211227
God isn't a "he", or a "she', but both, and neither.
God both exists, and doesn't exist.
>>
>>17211420
If you're the OP,you asked if god is or is not real. Opinions are not facts.
>>
>>17211453
I agree that God is above and beyond a concept like gender. I find it most convenient to refer to God as male.

I don't agree that God both exists and does not exist - God "is."
>>
>>17211466
God "exists"
we "don't"

our concept of "existence" is not the same.
>>
>>17211461
My opinion is
>>
>>17211475
How?
>>
>>17211496
Just a joke. That's how everyone feels though. But seriously my opinion is fact lol
>>
>>17211227
Which of all of them are you talking about??
>>
>>17211548
Any and all of them
>>
>>17211565
It exist the unknown but not an entity nor a being
>>
>>17211475
You're Fucking retarded
>>
God is We as "we" describe our being.
>>
All the religions believe that God created the world and also mankind. But if you are created by someone, you are only a puppet, you don't have your own soul. And if you are created by somebody, he can uncreate you any moment. He neither asked you whether you wanted to be created, nor is he going to ask you: "Do you want to be uncreated?

God is the greatest dictator, if you accept the fiction that he created the world and also created mankind. If God is a reality, then man is a slave, a puppet. All the strings are in his hands, even your life. Then there is no question of any enlightenment. Then there is no question of there being any Gautam the Buddha, because there is no freedom at all. He pulls the strings, you dance; he pulls the strings, you cry; he pulls the strings, you start murders, suicide, war. You are just a puppet and he is the puppeteer.

Then there is no question of sin or virtue, no question of sinners and saints. Nothing is good and nothing is bad, because you are only a puppet. A puppet cannot be responsible for its actions. Responsibility belongs to someone who has the freedom to act.

Either God can exist or freedom, both cannot exist together.

That is the basic implication of Friedrich Nietzsche's statement: God is dead, therefore man is free.

No theologian, no founder of religions thought about this, that if you accept God as the creator, you are destroying the whole dignity of consciousness, of freedom, of love. You are taking all responsibility from man, and you are taking all his freedom away. You are reducing the whole of existence to just the whim of a strange fellow called God.

But Nietzsche's statement is bound to be only one side of the coin. He is perfectly right, but only about one side of the coin. He has made a very significant and meaningful statement, but he has forgotten one thing, which was bound to happen because his statement is based on rationality, logic and intellect. It is not based on meditation.
>>
>>17211339
well did god just magically come from nowhere?
>>
>>17211997
atheists believe the super-intelligent AI in the singularity of the future will become god
>>
>>17211934
>All the religions believe that God created the world and also mankind.
No. The Gita talks of five things: God, the living soul, material nature, time, and activities within the material nature: karma. Of these, only karma is temporary - subject to creation and destruction.

> Bg 2.12 — Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.

You were not created. You have always existed, as God has always existed. Though its manifestations are temporary, material nature has always existed and will always exist. However the foundation of our eternal existence rests upon God.

> Bg 7.7 — O conqueror of wealth, there is no truth superior to Me. Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread.

Like a fire is the foundation of heat and light, and yet fire never exists without heat and light; in a similar way the relation between soul and Super Soul can be seen. The Infinite Fire of the Godhead is the source of infinite, infinitesimal sparks that are distinct, and yet non-different and inseparable from the source.
>>
>>17212140
>Bhakta 01/12/16(Tue)21:59:36 No.17212
I am a faggot
>>
>>17211934
>God is the greatest dictator
God is the greatest everything.

> If God is a reality, then man is a slave, a puppet.
Yes and no.

> Bg 2.19 — Neither he who thinks the living entity the slayer nor he who thinks it slain is in knowledge, for the self slays not nor is slain.
> Bg 13.30 — One who can see that all activities are performed by the body, which is created of material nature, and sees that the self does nothing, actually sees.

We are the same as God, in one sense we ARE God, but we are limited in our potential, while God is unlimited. As He has unlimited freedom, we have limited freedom. Very limited.

The soul really has one choice: be aware of God's ultimate control and act in this awareness, or deny His control and accept the delusion that you are in control of - and thus responsible for - your actions.

>Then there is no question of sin or virtue
I conceive it more as a dual axes: material and spiritual ethics are perpendicular to each other. If a soul is truly immersed in Krishna-consciousness, then the only "good" is that which pleases Krishna, the only "bad" is anything that lessens one's remembrance or service to Him. This WOULD allow for such things as suicide bombers being actual martyrs, but I don't think it's a concern.

The reason being that we have to react to such things on the material plan, being unable to see or gauge individual spiritual awareness. And material ethics, though much more complex, are relatively rational and easy to parse. This is "law" this is "organized religion" and "culture" and all the other ways to impart social mores.

>You are taking all responsibility from man, and you are taking all his freedom away. You are reducing the whole of existence to just the whim of a strange fellow called God.
Bhaktivinode actually wrote exactly on this. I'm still looking for the exact piece.
>>
>>17211227
Jesus Christ, what is this?
I can't into basic philosophy101?
All the arguments have been visited. The best you can come up with is faith, the rest is fantasy.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.