[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does everyone think of night vale? Im new to podcasts but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: nightvale.png (92KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nightvale.png
92KB, 1920x1080px
What does everyone think of night vale? Im new to podcasts but this is fucking weird and the tone is all over the place, but i quite like it.
>>
>>17210325
Too gay.
Literally.
If they would have taken out the gay subtext, it would have been much better.
>>
Here's one that's better.
http://theblacktapespodcast.com/
>>
Someone for the love of god can ID the track at 10:00.? Tried going through all of disipations albums and found nothing.
>>
File: Giles2.jpg (724KB, 1113x1503px) Image search: [Google]
Giles2.jpg
724KB, 1113x1503px
>>17210345
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=due3u22Licw

forgot link
>>
>>17210353
Faite album, track 6: Oath
>>
>>17210325
I've heard it be called babies first lovecraft here. I liked it at first too but then It got ruined by tumbler.
>>
night vale starts out good but it gets so much worse when they start focusing too much on characters and plot arcs instead of the creepy one-off episodic stuff they started out with. Not to mention the people who make it are absolutely insufferably smug about how progressive they are. I would say there's no shame in liking the early episodes, but just know that you'll eventually lose interest because it straight-up just stops being creepy.
>>
>>17210438
The solo guitar riff thing?
I listened to the track but i didnt hear anywhere in that song>>17210719
And yeah i"ve heard this as well. I was thinking it was sorta a "silent hill" podcast, with the music, which it wouldnt change tone so much though
>>
I've just started listening to it as well. The episode lengths are perfect for my commute. I chuckle occasionally - so far so good.
>>
At first I liked Night Vale because you could choose any episode and you pretty much knew what was going on but now it's like nah.
>>
It was one of my first podcasts and I enjoyed it quite a bit at the start. However as others have said the further you get into it the worse it will become.
>>
File: 131216723148.png (346KB, 968x576px) Image search: [Google]
131216723148.png
346KB, 968x576px
>>17210332
What are you, some kind of HOMOPHONE?
>>
I listened to the first few and it was OK but the jokes were too random to stay funny for long.

Then I read about it online and see people talk about it like it isn't a comedy podcast. What?
>>
The best /x/ oriented podcast is The NoSleep Podcast. Now, I know it was spawned from reddit and we're supposed to hate them, but give it a fair shake. There are episodes of that show that have wrecked my life.
>>
Is this now spoopy podcasts general? I like The Last Podcast on the Left, they go over serial killers, occult, conspiracies, and stuff like that. Learned a lot and it's pretty funny.

I listened to Nightvale for a while. Liked it but I could never consistently listen to it, only on and off.
>>
I really liked it at first; I couldn't get enough. But it slowly got more and more tedious. I found some good music through the weather, though. And I'd have to agree with the previous anons, it started focusing less on the surreal, spooky stuff and more on the "huehuehue so progressive" stuff. I swear that Joseph Fink's advertisement intro gets longer and longer with each episode. Also the episode or two that were live shows were unbearable to listen to, in my opinion.
>>
If I picture it as sort of an ode to the Douglas Adam's Hitchhiker's series but for creepypasta, I enjoy it a lot.
>>
>>17210719
When do they start to suck in your opinion?
>>
>>17210719
It's actually starting to get creepy again now that the shitty smiling god arc is over and done with. We'll see how long that lasts though.
>>
File: 1382444518036.gif (1MB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
1382444518036.gif
1MB, 480x361px
>>17210332
I agree with this.
>>
I used to really be into Night Vale, but I've stopped listening to it due to being busy, and I sort of want to restart it if I get a chance.
I did notice that after many episodes it stopped being about the town itself and was more about the relationship between Cecil and Carlos, and that's probably because the Tumblr teenagers were demanding more "zomg moar gay cecilos babes :3 :3" from the creators. But it didn't really turn me off from watching it.
>>
I couldn't really get into it, I found it hard to follow but I think that's also because it failed to keep my attention the majority of the time. Not to totally knock on it though, it's a cool concept, I just don't like the formula as much as some other paranormal fiction podcasts.

>>17211880
NoSleep is pretty okay, some are shitty and some are great. The Whistlers is fantastic and will remain my absolute favorite forever.

But I think Knifepoint Horror is way better, that's hands down my favorite podcast. When you lay in the dark and listen they really do a great job of building up tension and anxiety. It's incredibly simplistic in the way that it's just an author reading his own stories, with little to no sound effects, and there are no cheesy voices or intros of any kind. They cover a broad range of scenarios as well. I'd recommend it to anybody.
>>
File: me.jpg (182KB, 1196x1600px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
182KB, 1196x1600px
>>17214311
This anon knows what's up.
>>
Started pretty good, focusing on the town and the creepy stuff in it
Then it got too much into the Carlos and Cecil stuff
>>
File: pfc.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pfc.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
>>17210325
I might recommend a podcast called Our Fair City. It's one part 40s hard boiled, one part post apocalyptic sci-fi and one part Venture Brothers episode done in a golden age of radio serial drama style.
>>
>>17215368
This.
Well mostly.
After a while it became about as creepy Adams Family.
Still there have been a few moments the last few months that give me hope that they are going to capitalize on the sense of security that the audience has built up.
The ending of 67 really got into heavy x https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_MObBZhOxs
>>
I will never not be disappointed with night-vale.

At the beginning they had such a nice mix of charm, weird, and creepy. Even some of the beginning some of the gay stuff was fine. It was funny when innuendo came out of the blue and was still presented vaguely.

Then it just turned into super heavy handed gay shit and it started to stop being about a weird little town and more about fucking drama.

I'm not one to throw around the "tumblrtoe boogyman" but man did the fanbase on there kill all interest in it fast. I haven't listed to it in a long time, but now it seems like its all super "safe" kinda paranormal crap. Nothing overtly spooky or threatening. I guess the word would be zany weirdness or something.

The whole thing is a mound of wasted potential.
>>
>>17211880
>There are episodes of that show that have wrecked my life.
links?
Specific episodes?
>>
I absolutely loved the idea of it. I listened for quite a while but the tumblr-y pandering and brand of humor turned me away from it as it grew more obnoxious. I liked the random strange things happening but somewhere along the way it became almost entirely these reoccurring characters who weren't that interesting and a plot involving them that was even more uninteresting. My favorite episode was the "Story about you". If they kept that level of strangeness but left out the emphasis on the characters of Night Vale, I'd still be listening.
>>
>>17217775
Seven.
>>
>>17217776

How do you like the janitors on /x]?
>>
>>17210332
It wasn't so bad at first, but around episode 20 or so it gets super preachy and up it's own as.
>>
>>17214311
Have yet to find something as consistently terrifying as Knifepoint, the incredibly infrequent updates are a huge downside though. Nosleep is alright, but it has an advantage over the maniacally overrated Pseudopod in that the latter has a real problem with letting too many eye-rollingly SJW stories slip in to the point I avoid it entirely now that I learn that Night Vale has the same problem I am really bummed.
>>
>>17219853
Knifepoint single-handedly revived my interest in the horror genre; binged on all the episodes while driving around the Huntsville National Park after dark. Flawless times. As infuriating as the hiatuses are, they're probably necessary to maintain the quality.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.