[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How real is\are the theme(s) of this book /x/? I stated reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: the-alchemist.jpg (147KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
the-alchemist.jpg
147KB, 768x1024px
How real is\are the theme(s) of this book /x/? I stated reading it again now that im older and it´s fucking awesome, more than the first time
>>
>now that I'm older
and what are you now, 14?
>>
>>17209622
18, read it at 14 tho but forgot most of it, why? it´s bullshit?
>>
>>17209622
Kek.
>>
>>17209627
Well you're still a kid.
>>
>>17209637
doesnt matter to me, it was just an expression
>>
>>17209639
You want a tip? Stop LARPing and you just might get laid one day.
>>
>>17209649
Im not LARPing besides aren't we missing the point of the thread here?
>>
>>17209619
It's all just shitty metaphor, even if you can get past the fact it's selfcontradictory.
>>
File: 1449636331666.jpg (28KB, 429x399px) Image search: [Google]
1449636331666.jpg
28KB, 429x399px
>>17209657
>underage b& shit posts
>LARPs
>told not to LARP
>doesn't care about getting laid
>doesn't get the point of this thread
>>
>>17209619
do young people still read? i though you all spent your time on the hashtags!!?
>>
>>17209682
well a part of it talks about alchemy so I kinda expect it to have metaphors I haven´t reached the end yet but I haven´t seen any selfcontradition yet. I just think the way the story of the book is developed is a very interesting aproach to life and it would be nice if there was any truth on it.
>>
>>17209699
I just like to, but yeah my friends have more interest on social networks and start making jokes when I read next to them
>>
>>17209719
In all seriousness, thats awesome. Keep it up. :)
>>
I read it actually recently and it wasn't the big thing it's name suggested.
Felt childish like babys first philosophy, and another thing is that it kept repeating the same thing over and over
>>
>>17209705
That the universe actively helps you achieve your goals? No there's no truth to it.

The beginning and the ending are a rip-off of an Arabian Nights story.
>>
I loved this book when I was younger.

The book is great for entry level esoteric teaching.
>>
>>17211908
Oh, I thought I was on /lit/ for a second.

OP I'm sorry if you found a book you like and wanted to talk about it only to have everyone shit on it.

But yeah, like I said, the original Arabian Nights story was about how those who recognize divine messages are rewarded. Kind of a basic religious message.
>>
>>17209619
It's him sucking as much dick he could. He basically ripped off shit and tried a religious approach, the book it's written trying to appeal at much people as it can. He used real stuff, indeed, but his interpretation is wrong. When you read more... Profound texts, to say it somehow, you will realize this. You can Google and find a more explained versions what I mean, I am sure someone has already taken the time to do so.

It's a bad entry level book, aimed mostly at the band-chick kind of girl. I understand why people like it, it does good at sucking some dick with standard technique, I don't think people who like it are imbeciles or something. It's made to be liked, to be recommended, to be read by the masses.

Read some more, hell, even by reading a magazines top 100 books of all time you should at least glimpse that what I am saying is true. I wish you luck finding more books, my friend.
>>
>>17209619
le based meme
>>
>>17211995
This. Read everything that appeals to you. Put this one down, read another and another. Words are traps. The infinite universe isn't picky about fleshy mammal lip flaps. Words are power and weakness. They are metaphor and for meta. Sure the alchemist is a shity metaphor that can(and has been) be expressed in much more subtle ways, but that simply makes it easier to access for soccer moms. And the soccer mom market holds the real dough! Sort of like The Secret. It's a perfect intro to roleplaying on /x/

Next hit the Ripley Scroll and follow quickly with At The Gates At War With Reality.
>>
>>17211995
You're criticizing the simplicity of a book whose target audience are youngsters.
>>
>>17209619

Hating Coelho is just a normie meme.

I think the guy is pretty based.
The Alchemist and The Pilgrimage are very interesting books.

I wonder if RAM is real or not, though....
>>
>>17214516
Coelho is shit, come on dude, there are tons of other valuable sources. Coelho is a meme
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.