[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/, So I am trying to find a good spiritual path to follow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: spiritual.jpg (107KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
spiritual.jpg
107KB, 728x546px
Hey /x/,

So I am trying to find a good spiritual path to follow and I'm not really sure where to go or what to do, and you guys seem knowledgeable on the stuff so I figured I'd ask.

Most religions don't really do it for me, I was raised a Catholic but I'm not really a believer in that. I can quickly list what I believe in..

>No actual hell
>Higher power, more in the pantheistic mold than the traditional Abrahamic mold
>Meditation
>Reincarnation in possible

I know people will be like "just believe what you believe" but I like the structure of some sort of religious/spiritual belief system. I like reading literature about whatever belief system it is.

Hopefully you can help /x/ :)

Also, spiritual/religious general
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advaita_Vedanta

Does this sound like what you're looking for? If so, read The Upanishads and Adi Sankara.
>>
>>17209580

You really should meditate on Ganesha. He is a very benevolent god and very real. Very responsive too unless you scoff it off and insult him. Pick up the PDF the loving Ganesha.
>>
>>17209580
Basically, Christianism Buddhism and Hinduism are highly superior to the New Age Movement. This latter is filled with greedy people and shills. Its good portion isn't so pure, as it's generally a way towards deva worlds. These ones aren't free from suffering, their inhabitants have a long and happy life but will fall into lower worlds after death.
However the main religions of our world will soon perish, as the future messiah will come with a new one. You don't want to listen this answer but this is the only one ; just do what you feel. If you want to find your spiritual path with your mental, you'll go nowhere.
>>
>>17209580
Tantra, from a personal bias aghora tantra. If you like idea os sin and sht ( which imo is bullshit) id refer you to shaiva siddhanta.
>>
>>17209738
To expand :
Most tantra is advaita<nondual> which means that we believe everything comes from one source and is in essence just that.
Everything comes from Shiva, and os a manifestation of him. Siva alone however, is the masculine static aspect - sort of like space, conciousness. If there was just siva, if everything existed or not wouldnt matter as nothing would happen. Its be the same as nonexistance. Thats why Siva is always in union (they are part of one whole) with Shakti - the feminine, active aspect. Sakti is everything, she is like the mother who gives borth to everything. Together siva and sakti form the neverending cycle of birth and death.

We believe in reincarnation, and the trika, kaula and aghora do not believe that anything is unholy. Saying something is unholy or wrong is like saying siva and sakti is wrong, and therefore everything is wrong.

We also believe that since everything is Siva and Sakti, you are Siva too. Through meditationa dm ritual, we achieve we achieve Sivata. Fully realising that you are siva, and having his full power. This requires awakening the sakti which rests in your muladhara chakra (the one between your ass and penis) through all the chakras to meet with your concioussness(your thiughts, mind) in the crown chakra. That allows one to escape samsara - cycles of time.

Why is samsara not ok? Samsara are cucles of time, they bind you and thus create suffering. These cycles of time are not a made up idea, its literally physically visible. For example the cycle of the female period. Other cycles also exist, have you ever experienced deja vu? History repeats itself. This creates feelings of anger, fear and fiscriminative thought(i like this, i dont like that etc) that create suffering and further bind you to samsara (i like this, i must have it! Etc)

We worship gods, but not entirely as beings, althought they are also considered beings (i know this is confusing , it really requires some reading to fully understand)
>>
>>17209694
What sect of Hinduism focuses on Him? I will look at that PDF though, thank you.

>>17209687
Definitely seems something along the lines of what I am interested in, I'll look into those. Thank you
>>
>>17209694
Also, how can I meditate on Him? I am really interested, but can't seem to find too much.
>>
Look into Gnosticism. Or esoteric Freemasonry.
>>
one last bump
>>
File: PSM_V10_D562_The_hindoo_earth.jpg (180KB, 1328x931px) Image search: [Google]
PSM_V10_D562_The_hindoo_earth.jpg
180KB, 1328x931px
>>17209580
Greetings!
I know just the path for you to follow

What would you like to know?
>>
>>17211108
Yes, I would
>>
>>17209764
Aghori, do you have skype?

You know a lot about the path I've found myself on.
>>
>>17209764
Prove a soul exists then I'll consider what you're talking about.
>>
Let's hear it Buddha
>>
>>17211272
Hear what?
>>
>>17211363
The path
>>
>>17211375
Oh yes. THE path.

The path is narrow. don't fall off.
>>
>>17211407
ty
>>
File: Hahaha_No_Owl.jpg (67KB, 780x477px) Image search: [Google]
Hahaha_No_Owl.jpg
67KB, 780x477px
>>17209580
you guys seem knowledgeable on the stuff
>>
>>17209580
Hey! You should check Spiritism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritism

>No actual hell
>Reincarnation
>God as the first cause of all things
>No meditation teaching, though (but meditation is not frowned upon and you could learn it from other sources)
>Emphasis on charity and self improvement
>Still somewhat Christian, so it is not a total departure from Catholicism (although the usual dogma, such as the Holy Trinity and Salvation, is not held)
>A good explanation for the Problem of Evil

Here is an introductory book, if you are interested (in English): http://www.allankardec.com/Allan_Kardec/Le_livre_des_esprits/lesp_us.pdf
>>
>>17211544
Thank you friend:)
>>
Try to let go of beliefs and instead try to figure out what is real.

Ask yourself why you want to be on the spiritual path? Make clear what it is you're looking for.
>>
Believe in Jesus Christ. It's the only true religion. You don't have to go to church to believe in Jesus. I researched the occult for awhile and came to the conclusion that Christianity is the correct religion.

Every religion besides Christianity has some form of a star as their symbol. Star represents Satan.

Have to tell the truth so I will.
>>
>>17212402
>Satan is real
>Have to tell the truth so I will.

So why do you lie?
>>
>>17211262
I dont believe the sould exists. Its meely a manifestation of Siva.
>>
>>17209881
>>17209841

Literally just imagine his face, his weapons and talk to him initially, tell him your problems, your wishes and ask him to guide you.

The next step is to pick up the book the loving ganesha which has simple bija mantras which are nothing more than the praises of the deity. ganesha is worshiped by all sects. Indonesia is a muslim country and has ganesha on its notes.
>>
>>17211564
Be welcome, mate
>>
>>17209580
Even if you look into other religions, there are still hell planes that happen to people after death.

Even in hinduism, some Buddhists term "hells" and Christianity also has hell.

But if u have a chance to be free of the label of religion, why would u try to join one?

All preconceptions about religion are compromised when one surrenders to the Holy Spirit.

And not the fake Freemasons/Thelemites "holy spirit" the actual one, the one that is even transcendent of its meaning in Orthodox.
>>
>>17213406

There is no hell in Hinduism. You know jack shit. There is no devil. Stop with your Christian perspective.
>>
>>17212513
This Right Here.
I get my path from Alan Watts, So i didn't have a name for the god. Siva is it? I like it
>>
>>17213582
Zen?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.