[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I heard a spooky story from a town near mine that you guys might

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: abhartach.jpg (76KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
abhartach.jpg
76KB, 360x270px
I heard a spooky story from a town near mine that you guys might like.

>Abhartach was a brutal 5th century warlord, who ruled over a small kingdom in an area bordered by what is now the town of Garvagh in Ireland. Abhartach was greatly feared by his people, who believed he had dark and magical powers. The townsfolk wanted to rid themselves of this troublesome king so they called upon a chieftain from a neighboring kingdom, named Cathain, to kill him.
Cathain succeeded in killing Abhartach and buried him standing up, as befitted a Celtic chieftain. However, the story goes that Abhartach rose from the grave and demanded a bowl of blood from the wrists of his subjects to sustain his energy. Cathain returned to kill Abhartach a second time, but again he rose from the dead, demanding the blood of the living.

>Cathain sought the advice of a Druid, who informed him that Abhartach was a marbh bheo (walking dead) and must be killed with a sword made of yew wood, before being buried upside down with a great stone placed upon his body to weigh him down, preventing him from rising again.

Cathain followed this advice and today, in the town of Slaghtaverty, a capstone can be seen at the site where Abhartach was supposedly buried. Pic related.

Should I try to move the stone and wake him?
>>
>>17209577
yes
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 250x262px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 250x262px
Try it out m8 post what happens.
>>
>>17209611
if you do, make sure you bring the blood of his subjects.
>>
>>17209577
Go on, just destroy ancient monuments because of your beliefs in spoopy stories.

And you should be able to tell that no Celtic tomb looks like this.
>>
Celts were fucking weird, man. Have you guys heard the story of Saint Oran? If memory serves, he was a Scottish or Irish monk who was trying to build a chapel, when he started having these visions that told him the building would not stand unless they did a human sacrifice. Being the devote christian he was, he offered to be killed himself; so he was buried alive, and the construction resumed.

Years later, the monks at the chapel decided, for some reason (I guess they were having visions too or something), to unearth him. Turns out he was still alive, and he said such horrific things about how there was no hell and no heaven that the monks buried him right back. Creepy shit if you ask me.
>>
>>17209741
that sounds like a cautionary myth about suicide && human sacrifice.

like, "remember, you're here forever" if you kill for power or an hero.
>>
>>17209746
Still, it's a bit weird considering the whole christian thing and stuff. I mean, guy says there's no heaven and no hell, which goes openly against the church's dogma, and later on he's canonized? That's pretty weird.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.