[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can somebody really have visions of the future? Is it even possible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Can somebody really have visions of the future? Is it even possible to change the future when you know whats going to happen?
>>
It's unchangeable, always end up at same place with same results
>>
File: weatherwoman.jpg (469KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
weatherwoman.jpg
469KB, 1024x576px
>Can somebody really have visions of the future?

People are pretty
shaky at predicting something as mundane as the weather, and we've been trying to master that the whole time we've been on the planet.
>>
There are theories that prediction of the future is a matter of our brain frequencies resonating, allowing us to see future waves occasionally.
>>
Yes, but only because it's happened to me personally
>>
Recently, I have been predicting things a few moments before they happen.

I went on a vacation with my family and we were driving on the highway. As we were halfway there, a thought came into my head. I couldn't hear it but I still recognized that it came into my head. It told me, "Road Block". I didn't think much of it until just 3 minutes later, we head into a standstill because of an accident. It didn't block the road but that was the basic idea that came across.

Another time this happened was when I was sitting in my bed and just laying there. The words "allergy medication" came into my head and the very next day, my mother bought some brand name nasal decongestant. There were NO warnings on these things except for the words that came into my head.
>>
>>17208951
Lol nope

>>17208946

Op is called awareness Law
If you know something is Coming you prepare for it if you prepare for it , everything change, either stops or when engage you win , tink in sneak attack vs regular attacks
>>
>>17208946
I have had dreams. Dreams that would feel.. Different, more vivid, more real. Those dreams were about simple stuff, like going on a specific car with people, leaving a room, being at a birthday party... Normal stuff, but with the thought that I already lived this... I still sometimes have these kind of dreams.

Most of those dreams have become true. As in, exact same words, exact place, exact everything. A strong Deja bu sense and the awareness of what will happen next, leading to the exact thinking on my dreams.

So yeah I believe one can see the future. Change it? I don't think so, never been able to, but, never saw something non banal.
>>
>>17208946
I get random flashes and then they come true later on. it's never anything useful or specific just what i'm doing and feeling at the time, but without any context. I don't know what is going to happen, i just get little glimpses that are pretty meaningless.
>>
>>17208946
i think it may be possible. i don't think it's something you can control or make happen though. and i don't know if you can actually change the future based on these visions. i would guess that if anyone has successfully done that, it's just made them doubt whether the vision was real in the first place since things turned out differently than in their original vision.
>>
You can't stop it. You know this. Accept it. Accept the fall of man and the rise of gods
>>
>>17208946
I was playing some music on my ipod in 2013 when a friend was over. Skeeter davis end of the world comes on (a song included in fallout 4) He asked why the fuck that was on my ipod and I told him that it is in one of the fallout games. I turned out to be right 2 years later. this wasnt some coincedence by the way I knew it was in a fallout game. pretty spoopy
>>
>>17209372
are you sure you're not mixing it up with "i don't want to set the world on fire" which was from an earlier fallout game and is also an old love song with a similar sound?
>>
>>17209372
I also had some sort of vision a while ago of my secondary school physics teacher getting stabbed in his throat but that hasn't happened
>>
I have visions and i can change the future
>>
If everything is dictated by causality in a strict, linear fashion, then everything that will happen has already happened by definition of the conditions that are required for it to happen have already occurred.

So I don't know what the mechanisms behind it would be but I could see it being possible. Everything is already there, we just haven't experienced it yet.

If time is nonlinear, or isn't entirely dictated by hard causality, then any "vision" of the future has the possibility of just being an imaginary delusion in reference to the future you are actually going to experience, unless you experienced all possible future events at the same "point in time" all at once. So that's more of a shot in the dark and it's hard to really call what you see "the future".
>>
>>17209996
*having already occurred
with an i n g
nb
maybe other typos id unno
>>
File: femi.jpg (158KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
femi.jpg
158KB, 500x260px
>>17209996
Also if you view time as just another spacial dimension that we are "traveling along" (don't know how valid this notion is), then anything existing in more dimensions, with their own separate "time" dimension could probably see the past and future in a particular point in space all at once.

I know this is a purported rep power, and power of higher dimensional beings in general

Here's a (bad, but the only one I made) representation of what it might look like. That's a gif right there, but instead of playing the gif in sequence I gave each layer a transparency value. It's imperfect because it only covers a certain range of time (rather than all time at that point in space), and because the overlay of transparencies conflict with each other (making some moments in time "appear more strongly" than others), but dem 4D eyes could handle it all at once. Influencing time would just be a matter of picking out and influencing the point in time (which is what they would see as space) they want. Have no idea what effect this would have on us or consciousness itself tho.

I'm not purporting facts btw just having fun and coming up with ideas.
>>
Be like looper with Bruce Willis. You think you can change it, but you will change nothing
>>
>>17210029
I'm not entirely convinced time really exists in any case, though. Or if it does it could be a unifying principle behind all dimensions, or just a conjuration of our memory (with our visions of the future instead being a projection of what might occur based on observations already made by the brain) and instead a 4D dude interacting with us would be like us interacting with a 2D shadow person running across our walls. They can see us but we can't see them. Or something.
>>
>>17210131
Well that's more like, "You think you can change the future but it's the actions you take to change it that actually create the future you tried to avoid"
>>
>>17208946
Yes, as someone who has had both dreams of the future and altered its course it is indeed possible.
We are the objects moving through time.
Realize so, with no doubt in your mind and you may find the key to going back and or controlling time.
>>
>>17208954
I want to journey with this woman in the amazon
>>
>>17208946
Yes. I have had vision of the future since I was young child.

What you seek is not what you have found
>>
>>17208946
They call them visionaries.
Prescience is a myth though, completely debunked.
It's interesting enough that some people are able to predict broad strokes of future events based on gut feeling.
>>
>>17210670
Prescience is entirely possible even on a non-paranormal level if you understand literally every factor leading up to the event you're predicting. Like if I drop a ball I can predict that it'll hit the ground. No paranormal shit there, just going off of previous experience, but I'm still predicting the future.

The kind of prescience that's really huge in scope would require insane amounts of knowledge, though. So accuracy of a prediction decreases as whatever it is you're predicting grows in complexity, and when knowledge of what it is you're predicting decreases (trying to produce a certain chemical without knowing anything about chemistry, for example).

I mean you're right in that it's not -real- prescience but it certainly could be with enough info.

Shit like connecting to the collective unconscious and all that? Outside of normal empathy I dunno.

I think another thing that might be worthy of noting is that the mind WILL express its calculations in visions (dreams and the like), so when you have a vision of the future, if your vision isn't paranormal, it could still come true just because your subconscious mind has put together all the pieces before you did.
>>
>>17210788
That's not prescience. Human beings can't even guess where the ball of the roulette will fall. Not even rain man like the movies want you to think.
However human beings seem to be more better at interpreting abstract concepts and accurately predicting far off changes.
And dreams are unfortunately a dead end. The best they can do is minor recollection, not prediction. I can't point to a study, but I'm fairly sure that prescience in dreams coincides with random luck.
Really dreams are the pitfall of any paranormal inquiry.
>>
>>17209996
That's exactly how I think of it. didn't really know how to explain it tho..

Also since time is basically just a measurement, say there's a train coming from the distance and slowly you start to hear it coming towards you,
or you can feel the vibrations as it comes closer.. either or.. You can hear or feel it before it comes. Before you see it, But that happens in a little amount of time...
Now maybe "psychic abilities" are a form of that. That we can sense certain things hours, or even days before they happen.. now I have no fucking clue how that would work, but maybe it's possible, We just have no idea what it is or how it works, we don't choose when it works. just like we don't choose to hear the train coming. it just happens...

Or all of it could just be sheer luck & coincidences. But I like to think being psychic is a real thing.. it's just hard to say
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.