[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched Insidious. I'm a big fan of horror, but I put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: insideous.jpg (170KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
insideous.jpg
170KB, 800x1200px
Just watched Insidious. I'm a big fan of horror, but I put it off for years because of how shitty the trailer looked.

Can honestly say it's the worst horror film I've ever seen, bar none.

It can't keep its spookiness consistent. One minute we're expected to be scared by some high-school shooter Hatred looking motherfucker, then the next minute by the Darth Maul thing, then straight back to a generic undead-bride ghost thing. Honestly, how can it expect to scare anyone meaningfully if it's main antagonist changes literally every five minutes.

That's not even the worst part though, its true failure lies at how pathetic the buildup / payoff of the jumpscares are. Even the best one (which isn't saying a lot) is piss-poor; it has decent build up - with the small boy dancing to the creepy tiny Tim music - but the pay off - a small boy jumping out of a closet, only to run away - is abysmal. Honestly, how are we supposed to be scared by a little boy hiding in a closet and just running away. Honestly, pathetic.
>>
Shit, used the word 'honestly' a bit too much there.
>>
I think its interesting how the qualities of what makes a good horror film differ between people.

I liked it, second one was okay, third wasn't very good at all.

I thought the premise of the haunting was its best asset, more original than dead indians in the basement.
>>
I didn't think it was a straight horror. More like a love letter to 70's horrors. And it was hilarious at times.
>>
The reason I can't stand insidious and films like it, is because appearantly all one has to do to defeat the evil/devil or whatever is to get mad an yell at it. Fucking retarded.
>>
>>17204988
it's just a metaphore of submissing the evil spirit
>>
I had a good time watching this; the final 30 minutes are 1000x more creative than any other modern horror film.
>>
>>17204843
>Honestly, how are we supposed to be scared by a little boy hiding in a closet and just running away. Honestly

What is really scary is the lack of refinement in your writing.....honestly.
>>
>>17204974

I feel the same way. It seemed like a modern Poltergeist kind of movie, it's not meant to be an artistic or serious movie with hard logic it's just about jump scares and spooky cliches like the scary dead people who stand still but in the next shot are suddenly right behind you. It's not as playful or ludicrous as Evil Dead series movies but it's close.

>>17204843
> how are we supposed to be scared by a little boy hiding in a closet and just running away

You're meant to get a small jump scare out of it and that's about it. Things are going to hell in that house is the basic message. Also you forgot the witch, she's another scary character who is hardly touched on in the first movie but is still used for scares. Insidious is all over the place.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 395x401px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 395x401px
>>17204848
Top kek
>>
agreed. it was fuckin dogshit. nothing good,creative,spooky,or original. acting isnt believable, there just isn`t a good thing about it
>>
Oh my god holy shit yes. I remember when this came out and everyone was praising it as the greatest horror movie of all time. Everything about this movie either bores me to sleep or puts me right the fuck to sleep. The soundtrack is without a doubt the most annoying I've ever heard in any movie and the ugly filter over everything both offends my eyes and lulls them to sleep. It's gdddamn terrible at scaring you, too. As OP mentioned with the closet 'scare' and at the very beginning with the zoom in on the ghost woman's face to no fucking payoff whatsoever but title popping out and shitting in your ears with its disgusting musical sting. God I hate this movie. On every occasion of trying to watch this movie am I put to sleep. An all around shit movie.
>>
honestly the 2nd one is pretty scary, I agree that the darth maul looking thing killed the first one but the 2nd movie is pretty good.
>>
You fucks need to watch Berberian Sound Studio already.
>>
>>17204988

Much like how someone rids themselves of most astral entities. By shielding and projecting something to deter them.
>>
>>17204843
pumpkin spice horror.
>>
It's pretty crap at times. It does have a few good memorable moments though, and in a world where horror movies are a dime a dozen. A few good memorable moments is better than a 90 minute lukewarm dip.
>>
I liked it. You guys need to lighten up.
>>
>>17204843
>I'm a big fan of horror
>Can honestly say it's the worst horror film I've ever seen
>bar none

Worst horror film you've EVER seen. Come on now.

Curious to hear your 2nd worst?
>>
>>17204843
honestly
>>
>>17204843
It's just another half-assed standard Hollywood horror. They don't want to take any chances because piracy has lowered box office sales, so they just pump out stuff they're 99% sure will sell
>>
I loved the insidious movies. I'm all about cheap scares and entertainment. What do you find to be top tier horror movies, OP?
>>
This film was garbage and was not spoopy at all. The whole evil spirit thing has been done to death and is no longer scary at all.
>>
>>17207466
So, would you say this movie puts you to sleep?
>>
>>17204843
I bet this fucking spaz's favorite movie is the Babadook because its a perfect metaphor for the stages of grief she goes through about the dead husband and whatever the fuck people are always on about.
>>
>>17212187
Not OP, but the 'dook is a pretty based movie. That pop up book is fucking creepy
>>
I liked the Babadook (just watched it recently) and Insidious. I guess there aren't many horror movies I don't like.
>>
I actually laughed when they put on the spongebob music. Not scary at all. Could have been.
>>
File: angry-old-man.jpg (50KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
angry-old-man.jpg
50KB, 400x400px
First half was a legit good ghost film. Then all that 'The Further' bullshit deflated the film and then Tiptoe Through The Tulips was a slap in the fucking face.
>>
>>17212201
fuck off shill, babadook is one of the worst FILMS, not just horror in the last decade, all it had was a good marketing campaign
>>
>>17204843
If you think thats bad watch part 3! I really like the first two and 3 is garbage!
>>
I only watched it for Sadfu tbph
>>
>>17212415
>fuck off SHILL
>OBJECTIVELY the WORST
>all MARKETING
People like you are just... the worst.
>>
>>17205741
Agreed. This and Drag Me to Hell were entertaining just for the last 30 minutes alone.
>>
>>17204843

There are no good horror movies nowadays.
I miss those awesome pre-2000 times!
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.