[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksz LwBaC4Sw I remember tri

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: MRMdXK2.png (195KB, 547x333px) Image search: [Google]
MRMdXK2.png
195KB, 547x333px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kszLwBaC4Sw

I remember tripping on LSD with a friend and listening to this song and feeling very ominous and dark, like something wasn't right. Now I'm not full of myself, nor am I looking to gain any form of attention out of this (hence why I'm using 4Chan and not telling anybody irl lol), but I'm a very intuitive/philosophical person. I like to watch open-interpretation videos and piece together the meaning, I like to study criminal cases and put it together, and I like to see past the metaphors; unlock the truth behind it. I'm kind of what you'd call a "deep person" (for lack of better words), as cringy and as stupid as that sounds.
But uh...I just remember feeling like something wasn't right when I watched it, like I said, and the image of that skeleton drifting off into space was burned into my mind for a few days. Couldn't stop thinking about it at all, would watch it again and again, trying to put it all together and I kept envisioning that skeleton for a LONG fucking time in my head, yet I just couldn't seem to come to par with what any of it meant, other than the fact that maybe he was just getting into some elaborate metaphorical shit, you know? Maybe he was just trying to create a song that symbolized the downfall of society's "quality" (if that's an appropriate word) as of recently.

But you know what? It was about how he knew he was gonna die, and made sure nobody would be able understand or comprehend it until he ceased to exist in this realm. Still really fuckin' spooked about it, as well as sad, and I know it doesn't mean much but I can't help but keep thinking about it. I don't know.

Anybody else have any experiences related to this/or anything pertaining to this?
>>
Yes. After I heard this i have had fucked up dreams and sleep paralyzis. Praise Satan!!
>>
Had a similar experience when I was on LSD in the last 2 months or so.

Saw an image and it didn't feel right, the whole night I kept staring at it, almost felt like it was reaching to me in a way, not literally. The picture was a painting my friend had drawn, the gradient was red/blue and in the middle it was Buddah with white eyes and the words "Control You" above it. Felt chills and warmth at the same time, everytime I looked at it.

Now, I still think about it, esepcially when I see pictures of the buddah.

I get random creeps as if someone's watching me or something now, but shit if i could do it all again, I would.
>>
I felt the opposite. I feel very comfortable. Just the other night, before Bowie died (RIP), I sat alone in my room, in the dark, with no lights on, and listened to Blackstar in full. Feeling all the raw emotion in it. I sat on the floor as well. I don't do drugs either.

What I felt, you could almost call magical. Then again, I've been most comfortable in the dark since I was very young. And I feel as though that's how this song was meant to be listened to.
>>
>>17204638
HAIL SANTA

>>17204648
Yeah, that sounds pretty damn spooky. But I agree 110%. Just wish I'd paid more attention to it and put in more effort into figuring it out before he died. Really upsets me.

>>17204657
Yeah. I wish I could be as serene as that, as laid-back as that, but unfortunately I have the mindset of a tweeking methhead.
>>
>>17204714
>but unfortunately I have the mindset of a tweeking methhead.

Because you are.
>>
>>17204728
>>
>>17204621
I know the feeling.

He's probably the only artist other than Freddie Mercury who got to write and deliver his own eulogy.
>>
>>17204621
In the back of my head, I kinda knew BlackStar was going to be his last album. He looked really frail in the videos, and when I listened to the words of the album, i kept getting the vibe that he was trying to say goodbye.

One helluva ride, ended it on a very bright note. Aside from Robin Williams, I never cried for a celebrity's passing.
>>
>>17204958
Johnny Cash - Hurt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pwfnh5pc
>>
>>17204621
I first saw it yesterday. I had to look up the references for black star. My understanding is that it is a reference to Saturn, the black sun. Because all stars are suns.

Then I tried to piece together the lyrics, particularly, "at the center of it all, your eyes."
I think this is a reference to what >>17204648
was talking about regarding eyes and control. It's no coincidence that the oculus rift is coming out now.

I purposefully watched the video in small screen to try to mitigate it's effects. About 3/4 of the way in I simply put my hand up to block the images while I finished listening to the end. Afterwards I read aloud the first three chapters of John's Gospel. Queen Elizabeth quoted John recently. "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."
>>
I think Lazarus is an interesting video.
Especially the scene where he's sat manically writing (probably his last album) next to a skull, whilst illness literally lurks under the desk.
>>
>>17204621
>I'm kind of what you'd call a "deep person" (for lack of better words)
I'm sorry OP, but I can't do this. I literally cringed while reading that. Thread minimized.
>>
>>17205332
Well that's actually a cover, so he didn't write it himself...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.