[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the "Otterman"? I grew up in Alaska an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

Thoughts on the "Otterman"? I grew up in Alaska and have heard some stories. I personally have never experienced an encounter. This story is said to be either bigfoot or the otterman.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/harrycolp.htm
>>
File: ess-lake.jpg (536KB, 1495x931px) Image search: [Google]
ess-lake.jpg
536KB, 1495x931px
>>17204270

Damn, that's a good one. Thanks OP. I don't want to spoil the good part but I am doing some sleuthing with Google Earth I wonder if "Ess Lake" is the S-shaped lake he was talking about?

>Spent several days in trying to find the old Indian's half-moon lake, but couldn't get it spotted. I did find- about two miles from camp up the river and about a mile from it- a lake shaped like the letter S.

Here it is exactly a mile or two from the Patterson river as mentioned in the story. Alaska is awesome and so are Alaskan and British Columbian Bigfoot stories. This guy appears to have had an extremely close encounter.
>>
File: sukoi.jpg (372KB, 1475x909px) Image search: [Google]
sukoi.jpg
372KB, 1475x909px
>>17204390

Yep this has to be the place. Sukoi Islands (spelled Sukhoi in the story?) not far from Patterson River in Thompson Bay.
>Never let me hear the name of Thomas Bay again
>>
File: lake.gif (17KB, 600x474px) Image search: [Google]
lake.gif
17KB, 600x474px
>>17204390
I am glad you enjoyed the story. That could possibly be the same lake.

I have a good friend who is Alaskan Native, he is very hesitant to talk about the Otterman. During our senior year of high school he was living with me and he told me this story.

We lived about 3 1/2 miles away from this lake, called spirit lake( or elephant lake due to the view from the air, It's in Kenai, AK 99611 if you want to look it up) Him and his older brother went finishing for rainbow trout one night, and were coming back to shore around 1:30 am, if you have ever visited Alaska you know it doesn't really get dark in the summer. Well, they loaded the boat and were pulling up the hill and at the top of the hill there was this native boy standing in the middle of the road. They called out to him and he didn't budge or say a word. As they got near him, the boy took off into the surrounding forest. They jumped out of the truck and couldn't find the boy. They heard a menacing giggle then a giant splash. When my friend told me this story, you could tell he saw something that night. The way he described the boy, was almost ghost like. Very pale, and dark around the eyes. In native culture this creature is very mischievous, and often lures people to the waters edge then drowns them, they are also known to shape-shift. Now like I said, I only lived a few miles away from this lake. I would go there and fish all the time. I always had an uneasy feeling, never went without my rifle.
>>
>>17204401
Also, several people have drowned in this lake. I remember one year there were five alone.
>>
>>17204270
that was hard to read.
>>
>>17204270
Reminds me of "The Cannibal in the Jungle" on animal planet.
>>
Does it kill Armenians?
>>
>>17204455

That's a good one, I've never heard of anything like that in human form. The Irish have Kelpies which are horse like creatures that lure people to water and pull them in, only thing remotely similar I can think of. Good thread OP.

>>17205982

I admit I skimmed to the bottom myself, that's where shit goes down.
>>
Anymore alaska spoops?
>>
>>17204270
>Thoughts on the "Otterman"?
He seems lame.
>>
I want him to whisk me away in his brawny arms.
>>
I live in Alaska and Kushtaka (Otterman) is not Bigfoot or anything like it. It's just a Tlingit legend. The one story I heard was a guy was going out fishing and a man walked up to him on the dock and told him to stay away from a part of the ocean that was going to be stormy. It then kinda turned into a "next thing I knew the guy disappeared and I saw an otter swim away".
>>
>>17205982
Learning to read is good, you are getting better
>>
File: Help.png (105KB, 284x340px) Image search: [Google]
Help.png
105KB, 284x340px
>>17204270
Otterman? Lakelurks are the real problem.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.