[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ pill me on Thoth What are your opinions on the emerald tablets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 16

File: Thoth.jpg (58KB, 502x600px) Image search: [Google]
Thoth.jpg
58KB, 502x600px
/x/ pill me on Thoth

What are your opinions on the emerald tablets?
>>
>>17195187
He was the first Egyptian god to be recognized as analogous to the Greek, Hermes
>>
Fused his essence with Hermes to form Hermes Tristmegistus (sp?) his center of worship was Hermopolis which was renamed so during the Ptolomys if I recall correctly. One of the few gods in the Egyptian pantheon that is self generating aka no beginning or end.

All in all the best of the Egyptian gods, mediates between them, records the judgement of the dead and doesn't afraid of anything
>>
File: Blood drunk.jpg (151KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
Blood drunk.jpg
151KB, 450x338px
>>17195221
>Fused his essence with Mercury....
Mixing blood with quicksilver? Hey, I know that meme
>>
You are of light, find the way home.
Zin-uru.
>>
>>17195279

Aye O friend,

LIGHT unto thee, LIFE unto thee.
>>
he was a pretty cool guy. people don't really talk about that, but one thing that really strikes me about the emerald tablets is how earnest, well-meaning and sincere the writer seems. people think thoth/hermes/ancient Egypt, magic and power and glory, a kind of aloof, cold-hearted, knowledge-based superiority, but the emerald tablets are so well-meaning and the advice and intent so altruistic. anyway, that's what I'm struck by with thoth and the tablets, as well as it being great atlantean era knowledge.
>>
He is shamefull displaying his man nipples in plain sight. 0/10 would not worship
>>
>>17195187
Also interested.

>>17195359
So I don't have to be paranoid that the translations are disinfo?
>>
Thoth/Hermes is a fraud. But so is Jesus. And the Buddha. Read it as you would any other religious text.
>>
>>17196028
How are they frauds?
>>
>>17195187
there's only one "emerald tablet" and it's 14 lines long and just typical cryptic bullshit you'd expect from anything alchemy related.
>>
>>17196044
Because they are powerless without your help
>>
>>17196066
cars are powerless without drivers, so cars are frauds too
>>
>>17196087
cars never claim to have power without you
>>
>>17196087
Cars don't claim to be alive. You religious fuck tards fuck up so hard on analogies.
>>
File: atlan.png (1MB, 1351x643px) Image search: [Google]
atlan.png
1MB, 1351x643px
>>17196062
I know something you don't know...
>>
>>17196066
When did they claim to be powerful without my help?
>>
>>17196146
back when he was king of Jerusalem, and he had that stupid fuckin ring
>>
>>17196128
*tips fedora*
>>
>>17196028
>Buddha
Retard detected.
Buddhists do not think of Buddha as a god.
>>
>>17196327
If someone describes themselves as "Buddhist", then they clearly don't understand the teachings and probably do have some kind of divine opinion of Buddah, even if it's not as a God per se.
>>
>>17196337
Allistar Crowley was the Buddha and his followers and acolaydes were, by the virtue of their perversions,
>>
>>17196337
You literally have no idea what you're talking about. It is well known that Buddhists do not see Buddha as God.

Buddhism is not a religion, it is a philosophy.
>>
File: scale.php.jpg (26KB, 510x383px) Image search: [Google]
scale.php.jpg
26KB, 510x383px
Thoth is the name the Egyptians used for Ningishzidda.

Ningishzidda is the Son of Ea Enki, which makes him one of the Anunna gods.

The Romans knew him as Mercury, but to the Greeks he was Hermes, thrice great.

Ningishzidda is the architect of the Pyramids of Egypt.
>>
>>17196369
That sounds like a really bad joke.

>>17196349
Buddhism is more of a religion in China, Japan, Tibet, and Nepal. It believes in gods and things that are not really considered non religious. By most people's definition it is a religion, sorry to say. Show me how it isn't one.
>>
>>17196349
Yeah sure read the Tibetan book of the dead you "college intellectual"
>>
>>17196382
I think you mean LSD addicted, Timothy Leary wannabe, who also kind of might be a Buddhist.

Robert Anton Wilson's son with Down Syndrome.
>>
>>17196349
uhhh no, they do pray to buddha, and boddhisatvas, like quanyin, it's a proper religion with priests, temples, decreeing other religions as witches and all that, only westerner shitters see it as anything else
>>
>>17196337
yeah because you understand buddhist teachings as some pretentious angsty teenager more than people actually living in literally buddhist cultures
also buddhists believe in gods as well, see vaisravana or yama, and siddhartha was always a divine person not just a random dude working at walmart and making a blog about his religion, maybe you guys should read the buddha's life and go to buddhist countries before spouting this kind of inane bullshit
>>
>>17196423
Don't be such a pretentious prick. The same thing happened with Jesus and I'm sure a bunch of other people who didn't want people to worship them or make them part of a religion.
>>
>>17196429
yeyeye I'm sure buddha's "enlightenment for all sentient beings" and jesus appointing peter as the leader of his church meant that they didn't want people to follow their thoughts at all
fuck off with your pretentious garbage, this kind of people are the worst, you see something that's popular so you're interested in it but you still want to stay hipster and cool so you'll just say that people don't understand the "true meaning" of a set of moral rules and the beliefs justifying them seriously just fuck off
>>
>>17196436
Passing down knowledge isn't supposed to be the same thing as starting a cult, but people just seem to help themselves. They love being told what to do. That's not Jesus's or Siddhartha's fault.
>>
>>17196442
>le cults are le bad :((
how about you grow up, guess what humans are social beings so if you give a group a set of rules then they'll follow it as a group, not everyone is an autistic neckbeard living alone in a basement like you
jesus and siddhartha created rules bearing that in mind and that's all there is to it, trying to see anything more into it is just autism
>>
>>17196449
Are you honestly defending cults right now? I don't believe I'm having a real conversation. Especially considering how many people here like to argue just for the sake of argument.
>>
>>17196456
>I literally can't believe you defend things that I don't like! If we were on reddit I'd totally downvote your post!
yeye fuck off kiddo
>>
>>17196456
>argue for the sake of argument
If you argue out of any other reason then you should consider just reading instead of replying. Because otherwise you're just going to hurt yourself.

And I mean it.
>>
File: Blue_Avian.png (461KB, 700x1108px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Avian.png
461KB, 700x1108px
>>17195187
Avian race, E.T.
>>
People interpret things relative to their worldview which is shaped by their environment.

Yes, Westerners discovered Buddhism and have interpreted it through their lens. It's obviously not how it is perceived in the Asian nations of origin. Those nations and peoples practicing it arguably represent "true" Buddhism. It is certainly the standard.

It may be that Siddhartha did not people to worship him; it is in direct conflict with the buddha state of freedom from ego. But maybe Siddhartha was a selfish dude who was really good at achieving deep meditative states and developed a cult of personality around him due to his high charisma level.

We unfortunately only have the texts we have with no objective documentation. But that is what we have, and the vast majority of practicing Buddhists who also live in the nations of origin do and should define the religion.

It's important to remember that much of what makes up a religion are the cultural traditions of ritual, and there is a spiritual philosophy behind it. The culture during the times of origin for a religion define it greatly as traditions are taught and passed down. That culture, too, had a unique worldview through and by which they created the religion. And it's not as if there was no spiritual philosophy as a basis for what became Buddhism at the time as well. I can understand the argument that that should be considered the default and possibly "true" Buddhism. Definitions change, and movements also give way to others as people adopt parts of one dogma and mold it through their personal perspective.

Western Buddhism is a thing, and it may or may not be closer to the philosophy Sidhartha taught or believed. Perhaps it is naive for a Westerner to (or anyone) to think they know more than what is written. But perhaps it is naive to think the individuals retelling and documenting the dogma of the religion back in the day were any less subjective, biased, selfish, and plain wrong.than would be someone today.
>>
>>17196449
>jesus and siddhartha created rules bearing that [humans are social beings so if you give a group a set of rules then they'll follow it as a group] in mind and that's all there is to it, trying to see anything more into it is just autism

It's ancient history. There are many theories about such things. Much is left to modern speculation due to a lack of evidence.

The idea that perhaps Jesus or Siddhartha did not actually intend nor want a personal following and personal worship, but rather held certain beliefs as the higher power and had transcended ego enough to genuinely wish only to help people see the truth isn't autism; it's valid conjecture.

I don't know why hearing a different opinion makes you so mad.
>>
>>17196505
wow you sure are some delusional hipster kiddo, it's literally all written down but you still want to force some bandwagon bullshit on them
>transcended ego enough to genuinely wish only to help people
yeah because siddhartha wasn't constantly just whining about how shit life is and jesus didn't chase out the merchants from the temple, seriously why won't you go and read up on things before making retarded posts on the internet
but believe whatever bullshit you want, you're still just an idiot spouting ignorant shit about stuff you have literally no clue about
>>
>>17196521
Neither do you have a clue.
Yet you bash your heads in.
For nothing. You are nothing.

Celebrate nothingness.
>>
>>17196525
nah I certainly have more clue about religions than you dumbasses, considering that you couldn't be even bothered to read the buddha's life or the lotus sutra or anything but still spout your inane bullshit about them
>>
>>17196521
So you think ancient historians weren't routinely romanticizing and outright lying? Do you take everything only at face value?

You are so angry. I hope you try to heal.
>>
>>17196528
Do you even listen to yourself/read what you write?
>>
>>17196531
are you retarded or something? what does that have to do with anything, the argument is whether siddhartha wanted people to follow his teachings or not and it's been explicitly stated a number of times that yes that is the point of buddhism, acting like it's some super sekkrit message that only YOU the neckbeard westerner basement dweller can comprehend and people actually living in those cultures are just idiots is just retarded

I'm angry at people who keep spouting stupid shit that's outright wrong out of their ignorance and still try to act arrogant about it
>>
>>17196538
I could ask the same
>cebebrave nufingness :DD
literally kill yourself
>>
>>17196541
The embodiment of hate.

I hope you are atleast happy with your choice.
>>
>>17196544
yeah I hate idiots like you who can't be bothered to actually read religious texts when bitching about them, why don't you go to the natural sciences college and tell the head chemistry professor your retarded ideas about chemistry without reading a single book about it with that attitude and you'll see how happy s/he will be
>>
>>17196553
I have studied many texts and practices, just to get that off the table. That was a blind assumption of you.

Which leads me to the blind anger that you carry inside of you.
You have read the texts, and carrying anger is what you have learned?

Something tells me you are a liar.
Less to us than to yourself.
>>
>>17196564
>I have studied many texts and practices, just to get that off the table.
so you watched a movie on discovery channel good job, now go and read the lotus sutra or something that's actually considered a buddhist text
>why r people mean on the internetz :(((
just how fucking stupid are you honestly, go to reddit or some shit if you want a hugbox where noone will call you an idiot for spouting inane hipster shit

also keep these pretentious "look at me I'm so wise and cool :))" comments to yourself, noone wants to hear that garbage
>>
>>17196575
It is quite obvious that you havent understood a thing of what you are writing and reading.
And it is no wonder, you are controled by hate more than anything else.

Before there is no acceptance there is no liberation, and you will continue channeling hatred towards me and others.
It consumes you and you know it, but you won't admit it.

That is fine. Let hate be your teacher.

I am just another faceless individual on this site, just like you.
No need to get upset, is there?
>>
>>17196586
9/11 b8 m8
at least you were subtle about it, but the thing is there are actually people who have literally no idea about buddhism and still go on about it like they're sages or some shit so it's not hard to take you as one
>>
>>17196589
That is no problem.
You always take anyone who manages to touch you even slightly and put them down.
All your life you will do this, and all your life the same hatred will follow.

You will eventualy tuen around once you realize your doing. Until then, let the hate flow freely.
>>
>>17196599
what's up with this shitty trolling, do you really have nothing better to do on a saturday?
but not really I'm generally a jolly fellow, but it's the internet so if people say stupid shit then I'm gonna call out on them, if you're offended by a few rough words then don't go on the internet lil' bitch boy, simple as that

also if you guys want to bitch about buddhism you should take these into consideration as well
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Jewels
>>
>>17196608
>I'm generally a jolly fellow, but
Ahh the ",but" of internal resignation.

Life will be a blast once you stop taking yourself so serious.
You are not as important as you think.
You're not gonna teach anybody. You're not gonna bring anything new to the table and you're not going communicate with anybody else but your own discomfort which seemingly everyone else is easily able to create.
>>
File: 1406410901749.jpg (54KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
1406410901749.jpg
54KB, 566x480px
>>17196620
>it's absolutely incomprehensible to think that people act differently in different places
wow you sure are fucking stupid

what's even the point in this shitty baiting though, you're already busted, are you going for the long con or something? I mean I don't really mind, you just make yourself look like dumber and dumber each second so it's not like you're epicly rusing anyone here
>>
>>17196629
I am just here to exorcise this hatred.
Atleast you are aware of your anger. This is the first step on the road to betterment.
>>
>>17196645
by spouting banal cliches? wow that sure isn't shitposting and totally related to the thread or the discussion at hand, sure is helpful
>>
>>17196655
No no.
It does not matter what I say.
My mere presence gives rise to anger within you.

I don't have to do anything. But I have decided to guide you gently with a conversation.

It is like babies becoming their teeth. They need something to chew on. There is naturaly alot of pain involved, but you will be fine.

Love and Light to you, anon.
>>
File: 1434402164469.jpg (5KB, 299x258px) Image search: [Google]
1434402164469.jpg
5KB, 299x258px
>>17196661
will love and light give me these quads though?
>>
File: whoabroa.png (150KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
whoabroa.png
150KB, 500x376px
>>17196369
>a is the name the Egyptians used for b.

>b is the son of c, which makes him a d

>The Romans knew him as e, but to the Greeks he was f, thrice great.

>b is the architect of the Pyramids of Egypt.

My mind is so expanded right now guys, holy shit.
>>
>>17196708
/x/ in a nutshell.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 299x168px
>>17196708
Only a flatland above the water-clogged valley from the ground protruded.
Artificial peaks thereon we can raise! So did Ningishzidda to the leaders say.
On a tablet the image of smooth-sided, skyward rising peaks for them he drew.
If it can be done, let it so be! Enlil with approval said. Let them also as beacons serve!
On the flatland, above the river's valley, Ningishzidda a scale model built,
The rising angles and four smoothsides with it he perfected.
Next to it a larger peak he placed, its sides to Earth's four corners he set;
By the Anunnaki, with their tools of power, were its stones cut and erected.
Beside it, in a precise location, the peak that was its twin he placed;
With galleries and chambers for pulsating crystals he designed it.
When this artful peak to the heavens rose, toplace upon it the capstone the leaders were
invited.
Of electrum, an admixture by Gibil fashioned, was the Apex Stone made.
The sunlight to the horizon it reflected, by night like a pillar of fire it was,
The power of all the crystals to the heavens in a beam it focused.
When the artful works, by Ningishzidda designed, were completed and ready,
The Anunnaki leaders the Great Twin Peak entered, at what they saw they marveled;
Ekur, House Which Like a Mountain is, they named it, a beacon to the heavens it was.
That the Anunnaki the Deluge survived and prevailed forever it proclaimed.
>>
Ninmah, by the occasion moved, a poem recited and sang:
House that is like a mountain, house with a pointed peak,
For Heaven-Earth it is equipped, the handiwork of the Anunnaki it is.
House bright and dark, house of heaven and Earth,
For the celestial boats it was put together, by the Anunnaki built.
House whose interior with a reddish light of heaven glows,
A pulsating beam that far and high reaches it emits;
Lofty mountain of mountains, great and lofty fashioned,
Beyond the understanding of Earthlings it is.
House of equipment, lofty house of eternity,
Its foundation stones the waters touch, its great circumference in clay is set.
House whose parts are skilfully together woven,
The great ones who in the skies circle to a resting make descent;
House that for the rocketships is a landmark, with unfathomable insides,
By Anu himself is the Ekur blessed.
Thus did Ninmah at the celebration recite and sing.
>>
>>17196327
He never said he was.
>>
>>17196349
>Buddhism is not a religion, it is a philosophy.
Nope. There's loads of crazy religious stuff in Buddha ism.
>>
>>17196327
Neither is Thoth
>>
ITT: Babylonian Language Confusion
>>
>>17196186
That's really all you have though.
"HAHA THIS EDGELORD"
>>
Thoth....,fallen angel
>>
>>17195187
They're not really emerald. They just make you wear emerald tinted glasses when you look at them so you think they're emerald.
>>
>>17196161
Since we are being rude, bitch nigga, suck my dick
>>
>>17198739
yeah, well
yeah well I might not hit you, but i'm not going to play with you at pacific playland.
>>
>>17195187

that's a weird dildo on his face
>>
File: egy108.jpg (2MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
egy108.jpg
2MB, 4272x2848px
>>
File: 1444251658442.jpg (52KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1444251658442.jpg
52KB, 650x650px
>>17196028
here's a fun game, read all words with the same weight.
>>
>>17195187
Who or what was Thoth? Was he a physical living being or what? Was he human with a mask? Was he one of the alien races that control and watch over us? Who was he?
>>
Fallen Angel
>>
Who /spiritsci/ here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaDeiBRifm8
>>
File: cool-story-bro-500x499.jpg (84KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
cool-story-bro-500x499.jpg
84KB, 500x499px
>The emerald tablets of thoth the atlantean

When will this meme die?
>>
File: spy.jpg (154KB, 628x617px) Image search: [Google]
spy.jpg
154KB, 628x617px
>arguing over religious texts

This is how wars start guys.
>>
File: nene.gif (419KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
nene.gif
419KB, 500x281px
>>17195945
>>
>>17199220

double dildo wand and a face hugger dildo.
>>
File: 1450679392069.jpg (15KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
1450679392069.jpg
15KB, 500x513px
>mfw I come back and my thoth bread turned into an arguement over buddhism
>>
>>17195359
i agree. It rings with truth.

>>17196012
I believe they are true.
>>
>>17196349
People don't murder women and children over philosophy.
>>
>>17196664
The two of you arguing for this long both don't know what buddha taught because a truely mindful person would never carry on with disputation as long as this. This is arguing.
>>
>>17204915
"Ab Uno"
>>
>>17204925
Mindful arguing does not exist.
Then

What is there to be mindful about?

Do what you must but be mindful.

How does the story of the two studends, the smoking and the Zen Master go?

"You don't smoke while meditating.
You meditate when smoking."
>>
>>17204930
Are you mad? You're not making sense.
>>
>>17204926
>"Ab Uno"
What?
>>
>>17204930
when i smoke.
i do not become high;
the high becomes.
i am a thing, truly.
for how else could the i contain this high which becomes.
but only truly, when the high becomes.
do i become truly high.
i am your highness, do with that what i have.
sensation of the plane is a wondrous thing for the soul.
experience teaches more than any other master.
>>
>>17204942
i think the problem with my life is that i understand the question a little clearly.
>>
>>17204932
Are you mad?
Why you ask me?

>>17204936
Everything that is true comes from The Truth.
Ab Uno
Everything comes from one
Everything is one.

>>17204943
No problems Mr. Green. Only situations
>>
>>17205028
No. Multitudes.
>>
>>17205051
Ah the man from the other shore.
Yes multitudes.
Contained in.. multitudes?

However you want it. It's not wrong.
Neither is it right.
>>
>>17204942
>>17204943
You left your email in the name field, dumbass.
>>
Hermeticism Ain’t free. The tree of life and mysticism gotta be litterd with the blood of the uninitiated. Thoth aka “Ibis Head” is not my chief diety. he is a mystic school heretic and probbaly nubian as well :DD. SET and horus not thoth and MA'AT ok. praise yahweh.
>>
>>17195187
they are meant to be read more than once.

you know how if you stress one word in a sentence it could change the entire meaning of the text? its like that.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.