[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are suns / other celestial bodies conscious, and if so, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

Are suns / other celestial bodies conscious, and if so, what are they likely to be thinking?
>>
"It's fucking hot outside"
>>
>>17192071
"Normies. Reeeeee"
>>
"I fuckin' run this shit."
--The Sun
>>
>>17192071
That you are a complete idiot.
>>
"HOLY FUCKING GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING MOTHER OF CUNT LICKING SHIT ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN 4.5 BILLION FUCKING YEARS SOMETHING PLEASE END MY MISERABLE FUCKING EXISTENCE, HEAT DEATH WHEN?"
>>
>I really wish I had easy access to escapist objects like humans
The sun can't play video games
Humans 1 - Stars 0
>implying we aren't an extension of the sun
>>
Something the size of the Sun would have extremely slow thought processes but would be in constant communication with its neighbors because their method of interpersonal communication is via radio wave
>>
>>17192084
HAHA! sure you do Sun
>>
>>17192501
Hm you know this is actually very interesting
It could be that it seems like it's not thinking anything because the human lifespan is encapsulated within a fraction of a single one of its thoughts
>>
>>17192071
WHEW
>wipes sweat from eyes
ITS LIKE A SUN IN HERE
>>
>>17192505
Saturn, you're just one of my beta orbiters
I think of you like a brother and I wish I could meet a guy like you ;)
>>
>>17192071

An object that old, that large, and coming from something far larger and far older..

Why wouldn't it be sentient? Our entire concept of "life" only exists because of the warmth that Sol provides.

We're alive because of Sol. The energy that emanates from Sol gives life to us, the food we consume, the plants and earth and water and wind that surround us.

Sol's energy powers life on Earth. So that makes Sol life incarnate.
>>
File: pluto-new-horizons-july-2015.jpg (102KB, 575x575px) Image search: [Google]
pluto-new-horizons-july-2015.jpg
102KB, 575x575px
Goofy, get my nose bleed medication.
>>
>>17192537
>oh crap did I accidentally manufacture those human assholes again?
>earth, what the fuck are you doing? why haven't you wiped them out yet? I'm sick of your compassion shit, stop giving in to their bullshit
>>
>>17192543

Mothers are prone to this type of behavior.
>>
>>17192543
>oooh look at me I'm made of water and I harbor life! I'm so unique xD

Special snowflake asshole
>>
>>17192509
It's an extrapolation on how the senses of animals work here. Compared to us, a fly sees things in slow motion and thinks much faster because it is smaller and has simpler cognitive patterns.

A star is billions of times larger and has no discernible cognitive center, save for the entire radiative zone, which is where the Sun's wave and particle emissions originate. If the Sun is alive it probably only barely aware of the existence of the solar system, let alone us
>>
>>17192557

Or it could be the exact opposite, and we're witnessing Sol in extreme slow motion, as it watches us in waves of generational changes no different than a song being played to its end.
>>
Earth thinks it's special just because it has water. I have water too, guys...
>>
>>17192572
You're old news, mars. You've had your 15 minutes in the spotlight. Get out of my way, granny.
>>
>>17192571
The radiative zone is a turbulent layer of gas that's at least 2 million degrees Celsius. It isn't an ideal processor in the slightest.

I like the way you think, though
>>
It's pretty boring, as being an entity of pure consciousness, I have no way of passing the time apart from reading stupid fucking threads like this one
>>
The sun causes your brain to be able to think. We all have small electro magnetic auras around our heads all the time, i.e. Our brains are firing off electricity at every moment. We have like a magnetosphere around our heads at all times. The sun is the reason photo synthesis happened the adaptation of life on earth is due to our sun. Without knowing it is the giver of life, the Suns connection to all of us is our very way of life.
>>
>>17192684
>the sun on 4chan
>If a human made of wind crashed into a human made of earth, what would happen ?
>>
what if all the stars just fucking talk to eachother all the damn time and gossip about hte shitty beings that evolve on the planets that orbit them?
>>
>>17192071
In my opinion their state of mind is much more an awareness than a cluster of thoughts.
>>
>>17192071
>Are suns / other celestial bodies conscious, and if so, what are they likely to be thinking?
"Hyperpenis."
>>
Read a topic saying trees were sentient and can talk to each other but since they take YEARS to grow they talk.......very.....slow....like....years...for...one...word. NOW image planets that exists for billions of years..Entire species could blink out before it says a greeting. (some sort of gravity push/pull way to talk?, cause you know)
>>
I only have 4 billion years, time for a what happens after death thread.
>>
>>17193766
It's well established that plants can communicate with each other. I think you'll enjoy reading these:

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141111-plants-have-a-hidden-internet
articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/10/11/plant-communication.aspx
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/12/23/the-intelligent-plant
>>
>>17192071
Did you just read, Solaris, OP?
>>
>>17192478
lol
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.