[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

boats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: On-the-Road[1].png (552KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
On-the-Road[1].png
552KB, 625x416px
What does the term
"If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him" mean?
>>
He was told the same thing about you, so if you want to live you need to stop him by any means possible
>>
>>17192041
It means to divorce yourself from any questions or doubts as to your goals. It means that you must be absolutely sure of your intentions, and live in the moment with no regard for your life or death. It's a samurai thing.
>>
>>17192045
>>17192090
I more or less wanted to gauge /x/.
It's directions left behind by someone who has already travelled the road. The road is the road of enlightenment. You'll think you're there when you've reached the buddha, run the motherfucker over and keep going
>>
>>17192107
Ohhh.
Thanks man. Makes sense.

Thumbs-up emoticon.
>>
Leave all attachments in this realm.

Do not become a spook

You are the creative nothing
>>
>>17192107

I heard it was kinda like this except it's meant to signify that you don't know the Buddha because if you knew the Buddha you'd be one.
>>
It means anyone boasting about their buddha nature is not the buddha.
It means the road to enlightenment is endless.
It means for you to think about it. There isn't a right answer just interpretations.
>>
File: 1432975443530.jpg (4MB, 3000x1697px) Image search: [Google]
1432975443530.jpg
4MB, 3000x1697px
It means if you hitchhiking on the roadside and someone offers up that piffest piff, green of all green buddah don't think twice, toke that shit agressively cause offers of free highs don't come by every day, especially when travelling the highway.
>>
It means dont take the advice of fools and do not be a fool yourself.
>>
>>17192107
pretty cool
>>
>>17192386
Theres plenty more to life than green, friend, it shouldnt take up the bulk of your thoughts, the bulk of your conversations, or the bulk of your actions..
>>
>>17192427
>it shouldnt take up the bulk of your thoughts, the bulk of your conversations, or the bulk of your actions..
for longest time it has for all 3
>>
If it's the Buddha, obviously it's a zombie, so it's prudent to kill him.
Again.

Even back then they were warning us about zombies.
>>
>>17192041

"Smoke weed every day!"
>>
File: 1439332781116.jpg (146KB, 700x442px) Image search: [Google]
1439332781116.jpg
146KB, 700x442px
not bearanormal
>>
>>17192041
That was an foolish phrase repeated by bald monkeys.
>>
>>17192532
>That was an foolish phrase repeated by bald monkeys.
Fix.
That was an foolish phrase repeated by fools.
>>
>>17192503
Sounds like ur enslaved to a flower
>>
File: 1449650190975.png (581KB, 1024x931px) Image search: [Google]
1449650190975.png
581KB, 1024x931px
>>17192600
Better worshipping a flower than the mang! Amirite?

No but seriously weed is killing me, but then I'm gonna die anyway so..

And before we go off on another drugs pro/con tangent I just wanna say that all things pass, and the longer you spend altering the bodies 'natural' balance, the harder it will be to adjust back to that, but the same can be said about anything, drugs, alcohol, food, sex, oxygen.

Everyone needs a vice to tip their own scales, it should be a personal preference.

Personally, I believe smoking makes me feel better, and it's a systemic action, I think I'm better, so I feel better, however I am cursed to know that I'll never feel the same in the natural sense, so yes my state on weed is artificial.

But then you are artifical too, you walking bag of skin, you're just a bioreactor wandering about a big rock. Do something good for all and die like everyone else, try to enjoy yourself too.
>>
Hold nothing sacred because the realest of the real truthy stuff can't be pinned down or put into words or form. Don't look at the finger pointing toward the moon, look at the moon itself. Etc. Even the Buddha is a false god, your concept of the Buddha is a false god. Non-attachment.
>>
>>17192657
Most people grow out of weed, you probably will too. I know this because I did dabs for years on end and then abruptly stopped once I realized it wasn't serving me like it used to
>>
>>17192041

It means that if you encounter the Buddha, you've only encountered misconceptions and a false representation. Buddhahood is not 'attained' like a goal, so you can't necessarily meet a Buddha. It's similar to the expression "The dao that can be named is not the dao."

If someone calls themselves a Buddha, they ain't a Buddha.
>>
File: Putin Dao.jpg (5KB, 186x160px) Image search: [Google]
Putin Dao.jpg
5KB, 186x160px
>>17192712
Because you named it dao, it is not the dao.
>>
>>17192693
That's called high tolerance niguh, take a 4 week break with exercise and clean diet and try again
>>
Yeah I still don't get it
If that's true then how come in all the stories no one killed the buddha in a road
And if they had killed the buddha there would be no buddhism and people wouldn't keep quoting the phrase of "kill the buddha"
checkmate buddhists
>>
>>17192693
>dabs
>years on end
Dabs haven't really been around that long, unless you mean hash or the past 4 years

Also fuck dabs, they completely obliterate you and will couchlock you forever. Nothing wrong with smoking a spliff from time to time (every day), but dabs will ruin your tolerance and warp your brain if you do them too much too often
Fuck dabs
>>
It means that Jesus Christ is the way, the light and the truth. Anyone else claiming to know the truth or be enlightened or any other sort of mumbo jumbo should be hanged, or at least presumed to be the devil.
>>
>>17192041
The Buddha is at the end of the road (the destination of enlightenment). If you meet the Buddha along the way then it is not actually the Buddha but an imposter.
>>
>>17192041
>"If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him"

It's a direction on your path, OP.

It's like if you ask directions to the nearest coffee shop and someone tells you that when you get to broadway st, turn left. That's basically what it is.

If you don't understand it now, don't worry about it. When it finally becomes relevant to you, this little tidbit of info of killing the buddha on the road will suddenly be understood.

No one can really interpret what it means until they get to the point where it is relevant.
>>
File: carholelelele.jpg (10KB, 600x270px) Image search: [Google]
carholelelele.jpg
10KB, 600x270px
>>17192041
The way I heard it, there's two sayings out there:
"If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him."
And:
"If even the Buddha himself stands in your path, you must kill him."
That second one is a Samurai saying about resolve and commitment. It's some real hardcore Samurai code stuff about rejecting even redemption and salvation in order to be what you have set out to be.
Oddly, the first one's answer mirrors that lesson in a way.
The road is the road to enlightenment, the destination is not the Buddha himself, but what awaits past him. The problem is that the Buddha represents a false destination that has to be completely discarded as even a temptation in order to continue on, otherwise you will stand at the Buddha's feet and never reach even where he is.
The Buddha, Jesus, even Yoda all taught that you have to abandon all worldly attachments in order to achieve enlightenment, reverence of even they is a worldly attachment that you have to move past in order to get to where they reached.
Don't worry too much about the killing part, in his infinite compassion the Buddha will want what's best for you more than he wants his life.
>>
File: topbun.png (128KB, 344x278px) Image search: [Google]
topbun.png
128KB, 344x278px
>>17192045
Under rated post.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.