[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are psychedelics paranormal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: 1254368159611.jpg (37KB, 299x276px) Image search: [Google]
1254368159611.jpg
37KB, 299x276px
Are psychedelics paranormal?
>>
>>17188141
>inb4 this thread again
No, they can be explained through chemical changes in your brain via stimuli.

/thread
>>
File: reality.jpg (125KB, 489x1024px) Image search: [Google]
reality.jpg
125KB, 489x1024px
yes

Salvia Divinorum made me spiritual
I was a STRICT atheist before that trip
>>
>>17188147
explain dmt
checkmayte
>>
>>17188152
...Are you serious..?
>>
>>17188149
so you saw a magic trick and believed that magic was real even though the sleight of hand and machinations of the trick can be explained to show you how you were tricked into believing it
>>
>>17188165
no but go ahead and explain it.
>>
>>17188165
...nice reddit periods...
>>
>>17188173
The ellipses to show detached ironicism? Totally came from reddit.
>>17188170
DMT binds to serotonin receptors in a manner similar to how psilocin does. This causes neurons that would normally be triggered by the release of serotonin to fire when no actual serotonin is present. This leads to visual hallucinations and feelings of being separated from reality. Users become more introspective, but also report seeing or "visiting" another reality or dimension, and being completely removed from this one.
>>
>>17188141
It depends on who you really are. For people who come from religious/spiritual families, it is a "paranormal" experience.
>>
>>17188141
If by paranormal you mean they can bring enlightenment then yes, they are. Everything can be a way to enlightenment.
>>
>>17188141
In the sense that they affect consciousness and consciousness itself is paranormal. Otherwise no.
>>
>>17188183
nice try but you definitively have no idea what serotonin does, do you? you just made this up right?
Are you even experienced?
>>
>>17188191
But they dont lead to enlightenment by themselves. They just allow you to think abstractly and thus comprehend ideas easier. This can lead to enlightenmnet or further disillusionment
>>
File: 1452192204711.jpg (30KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452192204711.jpg
30KB, 720x480px
>>17188141
The real question is:

are psychonormal paradelics?
>>
>>17188169
Uhhhhhh no

I observed the changes in my perceived reality as I went up and came back down.

>next day
>talking to my mum
>she started a sentence but lost her thought
>"Yesterday I was thinking about buying.... um.."
>an image popped into my head immediately
>a strawberry, which shrank and dried out
>"Freeze dried strawberries"
>"HOW THE FUCK DID YOU KNOW THAT"

>few days after that
>told my BF I didn't think we had a real future together but didn't want to break up
>he got really sad
>I felt guilty
>wanted to make him less sad
>had my hand resting against his face
>suddenly saw these sulfurous yellow crystals
>pulled them out
>a purple haze
>pulled that out
>chunks of grey and brown muddy hairy glop
>got that out too
>what do I do with this shit?
>threw it away from myself
>hear my mom come running up the stairs and into the bathroom
>she's moaning and starts vomiting up this foul smelling SLUDGE, more like diarrhea than vomit
>ask her what's wrong
>"Horrible pain in my stomach out of nowhere, I was just walking past the stairs to your room and it struck me"
>ohshit.jpg
>put my hand on her stomach
>exact same shapes/colors as I'd just removed from BF
>try to explain myself to her
>talk her into letting me try to pull them out after an hour of bickering
>she sighs with relief the moment I do it
>guessI'maNewAgefagnow.wav
>>
File: 1446443662293.jpg (142KB, 500x305px) Image search: [Google]
1446443662293.jpg
142KB, 500x305px
>>17188141
The only true answer here is:
I don't know.

>>17188147
You just explained how a brain functions in any given scenario you tool, it's like saying an iPhone and a child's toy phone are the same because they both use electricity, stop acting like you know things or produce the fucking studies to back up that claim.

From any research I've seen its always been that these chemicals trigger a profound experience in the user. This experience cannot be quantified because it is subjective to the user.

Therefore the only conclusion that came was that it has the possiblility to be used as mental health treatments, but research was halted.

Fact is the big experiement where you wonder what would happen if "everyone had this experience, mann" is that everyone got together, played some tippy music and tried to find out why they are here.

That's all its use for me anon, it changed my perspective and for that sole reason changed my entire outlook on life was changed, easier for me to look at and observe whilst also being part of it.

Went from being a benzo addicted stoner in a shitty apt with slut of a gf.

Now got a job over 2 years, occasionally smoke a joint, have a loving gf and we live in a 3 story townhouse(it's hers) and I met her shortly after tripping and having a 'crisis'-aka not living the life I knew I could live, there is so much more to us than we give ourselves credit for.

I know this could all blow up in my face, and tomorrow I could have nothing again,but dammit I'm thankful for all now, and people tell me they notice this, and like it about me, it's not fake, it's not the residual high from a trip 3 years ago and I'm still afraid of things like death and things out of my control, but I'm ok with that.

Maybe not paranormal, but it's on the fucking outer realms of normal so you be the judge.
>>
File: 1447761114419.jpg (63KB, 500x624px) Image search: [Google]
1447761114419.jpg
63KB, 500x624px
>>17188230
Sorry, didn't cite anything myself

Personality change associated with psychedelic (LSD) therapy: A preliminary report.
Mogar, Robert E.; Savage, Charles
Psychotherapy: Theory, Research & Practice, Vol 1(4), 1964, 154-162. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/h0088594

And I can't find the paper but Google lsd research current trends and future applications
..I think it was strupp(1966)
>>
>>17188198

What substance desu ?
>>
>>17188512

I mean, what specific drug gave you this ability?
>>
File: Mettaton.gif (310KB, 450x349px) Image search: [Google]
Mettaton.gif
310KB, 450x349px
>>17188198
>>next day
>>talking to my mum
>>she started a sentence but lost her thought
>>"Yesterday I was thinking about buying.... um.."
>>an image popped into my head immediately
>>a strawberry, which shrank and dried out
>>"Freeze dried strawberries"
>>"HOW THE FUCK DID YOU KNOW THAT"

Ever since I tripped on LSD for the first time I've been having moments like these. One time I was watching Cromartie High School stoned as fuck with a few other guys and there was this scene that I didn't find funny as the rest of the parts I saw, and I was thinking to myself "I think I broke my funny fuse." Sure enough, shortly after I had that thought that I heard another guy say something along the lines of "I think I broke my funny fuse or something." How the hell we thought of the same exact phrase, I have no idea.

Now, it's hard to say if it's really "paranormal" since I'm certain I've experienced coincidences like that before I ever used drugs, but for some reason those moments never really struck me as "profound" like they do now.

I'm definitely convinced of there being something more to psychedelics and cannabis than people let on, but personally I don't make a big deal out of it.
>>
>>17188193
Jesus H. Christ
>>
File: me.jpg (36KB, 382x604px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
36KB, 382x604px
>>17189361
Yes my child?
>>
>>17188141
No. They can facilitate paranormal thing but they are no more paranormal than the sense-organs which perceive or enact the paranormal which is not at all (eyes, ears, skin, mouth, etc.)
>>
>>17188230
>The only true answer here is:
>I don't know.
For you.
>>
>>17188517
>>17188512
If you followed the conversation thread up you would have seen it was salvia divinorum

>>17189147
One of the experiences you have always had began to seem more profound

Do you think it is delusion or insight?
>>
>>17188230
keep on keepin on brother
>>
>>17188198
I hear the best way to dispose of that gunk is to throw it into a bowl of salt water
>>
>>17188141
yes
>>
>>17188192
This. Consciousness is paranormal, I don't give a fuck what anybody else says. Nobody can explain consciousness, not even the best scientists in the world. They can just guess.
>>
>>17188183
>no actual serotonin is present
>suddenly visual hallucinations
yeah nice explanation you fucking retard
>>
Who knows the DMN here?
>>
>>17188192
>>17194081
I also agree with this. Psychedelics alter your consciousness which can make you much more aware of how weird consciousness is, how any person you might see could be perceiving reality in a massively different way than you perceive it and yet somehow almost everyone has learned how to outwardly act basically the same. Dreams are also freaky-deaky people have just learned to accept that they can have consciousness with no stimuli but put that same person in a sensory deprivation tank and the same basic phenomenon can radically alter their perceptions.

Life is weird, Man. I pity the people like >>17188147 who just presume science has everything figured out when in reality it has barely scratched the surface of the phenomenon of consciousness.
>>
>>17188141
I'm curious about this myself, I learned how to see auras while tripping. I knew the technique before hand and could see the most basic layer, but when under the influence full auras would just balloon out and be extremely obvious whenever I made the effort to see them. Now, I can see what mystics call the "etheric" and "emotional" bodies with little effort.
>>
>>17188183
>This causes neurons that would normally be triggered by the release of serotonin to fire when no actual serotonin is present. This leads to visual hallucinations and feelings of being separated from reality.

this means nothing, these words together literally mean nothing
>>
File: 1442839017096.jpg (71KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1442839017096.jpg
71KB, 500x385px
It's just chemicals baby, just like all emotions. And taking any drug adds chemicals to your body that will effect your state of mind. hallucinations are just your brain wigging out. Now how you interpret it is up to you, but its all bullshit. Sometimes bullshit can make you a better person cause you think there is something "spiritual" about it. Its just you, nothing paranormal.
Doing acid I think made me a bit more content with life and maybe a better person deep down. But its not fucking magic you goons.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.