[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /X/... What happens when you die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 1449528845151.gif (58KB, 752x752px) Image search: [Google]
1449528845151.gif
58KB, 752x752px
So /X/...

What happens when you die?
>>
/x/ or /x], but never /X/
>>
1. If your death is not instant, your brain releases a bunch of chemicals which alter your perception of reality. If you are in a survival situation, you will be flooded with testosterone to help you try and escape said survival situation.
2. Once your brain shuts down, you are considered to be dead.

When you are dead, you are dead. Your conscious is simply the "performance" that is "orchestrated" through the interactions of chemicals within your brain. If those chemicals stop interacting with one-another, you no longer have a conscious, and thus do not exist.

Think permanent sleep, only without dreams. Basically how it was before you were born.
>>
File: 1449529777061.gif (38KB, 169x201px) Image search: [Google]
1449529777061.gif
38KB, 169x201px
>>17184529
my bad
>>
>>17184535
Yeah I definitely remember how it was before I was born. ???
>>
>>17184522
I like to think there's something more to it all after you kick the bucket, thing is, we won't know until it happens and even then, you won't be able to turn around and tell anyone. It's just a big fucking mystery. Still though, make the most of what you have here.
>>
>>17184549
That is the point. You as an individual do not exist after your death, only memories of you and your decaying body are left behind; your conscious is not. People cannot comprehend this.
>>
>>17184522
you don't. There are infinite you's in the multiverse.
>>
>>17184522
Lucifer and Jesus Christ battle for your soul. (Obviously Jesus wins, you just have to accept him) My non-Christian friend had a near death experience and that's what he saw
>>
>>17184522
people take your money!
>>
>>17184522
Nothing, you're dead retard
>>
>>17184619
have a (You), friend
>>
>>17184522
Depend on the what kind of death we are talking about.

There are two kinds. The fast one and the slow one.

The fat one, everything becomes pitch black and thats it.

The slow one is trickier.
As your blood pressure starts to drop, you will start to feel num. No pain or sensations in your skin. Your brain still have oxygen to survive a little more so it will be the last organ to shut down ( if you forget organs like the hearth and so on).

Everything will start to fade, including sound. Once your brain start to suffer from oxygen deprivation, you will start to vizualise whateaver your mind is able to to produce in that given time.

From bright colors, to tunnels of light. Maybe images of "human form" that somehow has a meaning to you.

Them, without oxygen to keep your brain cells alive, your YOU die.

You can easily understend death by thing about when you go to sleep.

You go to your bed, close your eyes and awaist to sleep. Them you start dreaming. In the middle of the dream you wake up is day already. Well, that happens because we can only remember dreams when we wake up in the middle of them. And since dreaming only happens in the end of our sleeping cycle, this usualy happens early in the morning.

Death is the feel you had that entire night after falling asleep but before dreaming.

Have a good night anon. Sleep tight.
>>
ITT: Alive people telling OP what happens when they die

Maybe y'all should kill yourselves just to be sure.
>>
>>17184535
Nice fan-fiction. This doesn't explain how consciousness is formed again.
>>
>>17184549
Exactly. People struggle to comprehend nothing, and need to invent some sort of afterlife to cope.
>>
>>17184753
Wat. Infinity + 1 opens a portal into oblivion...
Oh, shi-

...now i have become- whatever that is...
>>
>>17184641
Awesome! Is it with weapons or straight up some mma fisticuffs?
>>
>>17184522
Nothing you die and become worm food and there is nothing you or your made up fairy tales can do about it

*Sheaths katana and tips fedora*
>>
This here, until we can find a way to transfer consciousness into artificial bodies we cannot escape what's coming
>>
>>17186380
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WFx7cMTH0M footage
>>
Boring answer: you cease to exist for eternity

Realistic answer: you assume a new life possibly even the same one
>>
>>17184869
I won't dispute your view of death, but you're certainly clueless about sleep.

You're aware of the passage of time for starters, and if you get used to noticing and paying attention, you'll realize there's a lot going on while you sleep, not to mention remembering dreams (albeit with more difficulty) even if you don't wake up in the middle of REM sleep.

What you described is total anesthesia, which usually interrupts your awareness continuity (sleep does not, except in very occasional neurological flukes).

You need to pay more attention to your senses and sensations coming from your own body. I bet you're the kind of person who claims to be sad or agitated and don't realize they're actually hungry...
>>
>>17187543
Are you telling me you can remember the time after you fall asleep but before the start of the dream?

Because if you do, you are the only case in human history to accomplish such a feat.

We cant remember that perior of time simple because we are unconcious.

If you say you can indeed notice the passage of time while unconcious, what you are saying is that you fell all the 6 to 8 hours of sleep passing through the night.
>>
Your mind dies in the same way that your body does. Someone tell me that they don't at least suspect that ideas about the afterlife are just fantasies to try to reduce the emotional impact of death.

If you truly do believe in an afterlife, tell me how you feel when suspending disbelief and pondering an existence without it. Does it scare you?
>>
>>17186217
>hurr durr my opinions are facts now
>>
>>17184869
Dwarf, what did you do with the faerie? There would be plenty you could have understood after his karma leveled out.
>>
>>17184522

that simple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMRrCYPxD0I
>>
File: temptation_jesus22.jpg (58KB, 580x834px) Image search: [Google]
temptation_jesus22.jpg
58KB, 580x834px
Blasphemists GTFO.
>>
>>17184522
Without a brain, you have no memories. There will be no "you" left to remember anything - yourself, your friends, everything, and I mean EVERY LAST DETAIL OF REALITY, will be gone with no recollection that it was ever there to begin with.

Just an endless sea of black and no ability to even perceive it in the first place.
>>
you will get your chance, you will all get your chance.
>>
People all over the world has there different belief's of death, I somewhat believe when you die, you go to heaven or hell.
>>
>>17186380
Lol I guess battle migh not be the right word, He just explained it as Jesus was on one side and the devil was on the other and they both kinda call out to you and you have to pick a side
>>
>>17184869
Can confirm the second
I was in a bad mood so sometimes I use this rope to get to the edge of death but not cross the boarder
Last time it was like everything went away completely, and all that was left was this visual field. I couldn't even think, I just saw this rainbow mushroom cloud explode outwards in the darkness

Then I came to, apparently I had fallen over and was lying on my back (I was standing before it happened). Didn't remember any of the physical movements, it happened so fast.
>>
>>17188918
damn dude you almost died!
>>
>>17184565
Well...
So the consciousness comes from nothing and perishes to nothing
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.