[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible for spirits or demons to haunt churches?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: 1449860697007.jpg (35KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1449860697007.jpg
35KB, 400x300px
Is it possible for spirits or demons to haunt churches?
>>
It's like someone feels a need to constantly post vanilla, vaguely paranormal topics out of some mistaken belief that /x/ needs constant activity.
>>
>>17184140
just answer the question
>>
>>17184147
no u
>>
Why not? Footsteps could be heard in my old church's choir loft but no one was ever up there
when someone went to investigate.
>>
Is it possible for churches to haunt spirits or demons?
>>
I remember hearing a sermon from an evangelist once, where he was called to preach at a church that was having problems. Nobody at the church seemed to be able to identify just what the problem was, but the Pastor knew something was just not right. All attempts to move forward on any project was always met with roadblocks; people argued over trivial things, no one got along, and there was little trust in each other. So in a moment by himself, in the main sanctuary, he asked God to "open his eyes" and for evil spirits to reveal themselves. He then noticed something looking down at him from the rafters. A dark, ugly figure was crouched, clinging in the upper reaches of the ceiling. The evangelist then rebuked the spirit from the church, in the name of Jesus, and it jumped down in the center isle. It turned and walked out the front door and continued down the street several blocks until it turned and walked into a local bar. That night, the bar burned down. Anything can be affected by spiritual warfare.
>>
no stupid god would scare the spirits and demons away.
>>
>>17185679
...that's the spirits and demons talking through you.
>>
>>17185711
nice try, but I don't believe in god.
>>
>>
>>17185639

Cool story, bro. My mother says her pop-pop used to see some freaky shit when he was a truck driver in Brazil. Like a guy getting beat up by an invisible figure, and a pastor saying that it was some kind of horrible freakish thing. Also, werewolves are really popular 'round here.

Guess what these stories have in common.
>>
>>17185718
The spirits and demons do...
>>
>>17185740
good for them?
>>
I dont really understand people who come to /x/ just to argue in every single thread about: lel u moren show proof ur so stupidd ayyyy
Like, wtf are you doing here?
>>
>>17185781
There are many things that exist that don't require our belief. That's the vanity of Man; thinking the World revolves around him.
>>
>>17185807
lel u moren i don jus come here to argu. show proof u so stupidd ayyyy
>>
>>17185822
thats totally fine with me. as long as they leave me the fuck alone.
>>
>>17185807
/x/ is supposed to be scary stuff and paranormal speculation. It's not speculation when people simply accept things as fact for no reason. Also, not spoopy enough. I'm not agains people having religions, just don't post about in places where we should be discussing more important things.
>>
>>17185731
They are all hearsay and therefore not able to be subjected to a final judgment by your stupid ass on the basis of no evidence supporting or denying the case.
>>
>>17185831
Well meme'ed
:^)
>>
>>17185851
If you think religious people "just accept it lel no more than that I guess" then ur wrong,
>>
>>17185851
Why are you making up bullshit now?
>>
>>17185892
They accept it because they're conditioned to, like I was during a large portion of my life. Eventually, however, some of us grow a pair and start thinking on our own. What you choose to do with your life, however, is none of my concern as long as it's not fucking with /x/.
>>
>>17185940
See
>>17185930
>>
>>17185930
Exactly, "STORIES", i.e. Fiction, Tales, not real. That falls in with the scary stuff. Paranormal speculation is just what grew around it, trying to find explanations for these 'stories.'
>>
>>17185842
That's not in their nature. They're instigators. They live to mess with people. They thrive on it. They'll pretend to be your Nana on the ouija board, just to open a conversation with you. Evil spirits/ demons are the original Catfish...
>>
>>17184123
Yes, bruh. Happened to me when I was a young lassy.
> in church
> climbing up the old stairs that made loud creaky sounds
> turned to the left door
> turned to another left door
> open the door to a dark room
> sees a black figure slowly float across the room

Bruh. I didn't believe it really was a ghost until I thought back of it a few years later... X_x
>>
>>17185940
Poor you then.
>>
File: 2016-01-06 23.14.58.png (159KB, 742x766px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06 23.14.58.png
159KB, 742x766px
>>17185960
Yeaah...still making shit up to fit your beliefs...you sound as close minded as you are accusing people of...
>>
>>17185963
listen bro I can handle spirits/demons just fine alright? I appreciate your concern but aint nobody fucking with me out here.
>>
>>17185639
Where was this at? That's spoopy af...I don't believe in God but I've seen ghosts and a UFO...anything can exist though..
>>
>>17185963
>Evil spirits/ demons are the original Catfish...

Lol...I saw an episode of Ghost Adventures where they said that demons try to disguise themselves as ghosts of children...has anyone had any experiences?
>>
>>17185731

Not him but...

Its just a story bro. It was posted for us to be read and either be spooked, consider it or discuss it.

Now, its ok if anybody wants to point the obvious and say, well, what you said, but its also very silly and takes the fun out of everything.

Reading, considering or believing things, even these kind of things, dont make you any less Smart... in case thats what you are so concerned about.

So if you want to prove us that you are smart to us by telling us you think that story is bs, pls stop.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (52KB, 1024x1094px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
52KB, 1024x1094px
>>17185940

Clearly you care about what others do.

You are conditioned too, see? You see these kind of threads, read some words, see its not your kind of thing or that it goes againts your probable atheistic views (or whatever you believe in) and you decide to bash it because, again, this condition you have of bashing everything you disapprove will force you to shit sling your thoughts in the form of shitposts.

And hey, nothing againts people contributing opinions that go againts the stated topic of conversation, that prevents this from turning into a big echo chamber.

But when you go around pretending you are man, while speaking like a child, well... it just sucks bro.
>>
>>17186091
several.
but they didnt try and disguise since I know what they are. when I lived in TX we lived in a haunted house, small book shelf would literally fly off wall over 20 feet at you, my senpai would see it except my dad since he didnt pay mind to that shit
then for a while after we moved didnt experience much until adolecense had a lot of csp shit
after got married we had some hauntings at our apt in NV
1st time wife heard some shit in kitchen and said something evil was looking through doorway, I wrote off as bullshit cause I was asleep. but went to check out anyway. for some reason sink was half full water and some demonic looking keychain my brother left was in it. spooked now. drained sink and went back to bedroom. laid down, then decided to read bible. told wife to turn on lights so can read bible. electricity in apt goes out, 1st time that happend in over a year of living there, newer complex. Decided something evil was there, gathered up anything secular and in the name of Jesus let them use it as a vessel.
On way out to dumpster, in a archtypical way a bunch of what appeared to be black thugs were scattered thorughout complex in various dark garb. all staring at me. some on different levels on balconies and such that were isolated to various rooms etc. a predominatly white complex, I knew what they were and rushed to dumpster. after that was fine.
over a year later, something followed me home from work I figure, but I was having nightmares as fuck, something gaunt and evil right next to my face on the otherside of the window sneering at me. but deep asleep and wife said baby blood curling cries, wouldnt sleep. and said that she saw shit in hall again. so we did the whole exorcise thing again. after that not much, besides when my friend and I dwnld ghost radar, dont, bible rustles its jimmies as well. a demon followed him home from that and ruined his marriage imo
just as bad as quigi board those are
>>
>>17186407
Tl;dr you're a fag reasoning over the internet with filthy plebs
>>
>>17186091
Yo shut the fuck up dude. Where can I read more on demons disguising themselves as the ghost of kids? When I was about 13-15 I was either awake and saw this or it was a very realistic dream in my own room there was a a child.. maybe 5-7 years of age wearing an older styled baseball uniform (think 30-40+ years old) standing in the corner of my room like he was in time out. I had a feeling of dread and panic over come me and was frozen in fear until I either went back to sleep or the dream stopped. I'm not religious or believe in spirits necessarily. Wtf does this even mean
>>
>>17186795
Did you ever figure out the history of your house? That's spoopy...where you scared of seeing the ghost or you knew that it was evil?
>>
>>17186720
So they weren't black people but shadow people? Demons? Do you think they mess with you more because you believe in god?
>>
>>17186795
Sleep paralysis. Sucks
>>
>>17186946
No, they looked like people. I believe it was ajust an arcitype they chose. Kinda like how mormons (Im not mormon)at least used to believe that blacks were hybrid demon offspring. I don't believe that either. But it's something they use.
My dad has never seen them throughout his life, he believes in God but hes a drunk and a man whore, lives like he doesnt. That might have something ro do with it
>>
Umll>>17186942

I remember waking up and rolling over and then I wasn't able to move. (Could've still been asleep) first people to live in the house, was newly built
>>
Yea u gotta actually trust and know God in order to see it
>>
>>17184123
Churches are just businesses, there's nothing special about them.
>>
File: 1445223486904.jpg (29KB, 470x364px) Image search: [Google]
1445223486904.jpg
29KB, 470x364px
>>17185831
YUU SED AJJ
>>
>>17190147
I think he means Christian churcheas
>>
The bible states that demons and spirits are all around us, also says that WE are the body of Christ, that WE are the church meaning the people, not the building so yes a spirit/ demon can because the bible says that when we accept christ, the demons that were once in us go around looking for a body to invade, and will look back to where it came out from and if the person allows it it will come back in with 7 more (even more powerful) demons than before. A church building cant be haunted but as long as the Holy Spirit is in you, you got nothing to worry about. Btw Ghosts arent real, only Spirits, Demons, Angels and God, dont believe Ghost Hunters claiming they are ghost, the bible shows us that when someone dies the persons soul either goes to heaven or hell, there is no in between, so dont assume its "the ghost of little debbie", its a spirit.
>>
>>17185731
Lots and lots of powerful, high-quality drugs?
>>
>>17190323
>dont assume its "the ghost of little debbie", its a spirit.
Catfish.
>>
>>17190323
I've experienced what I believe were ghosts. Not trying to pick a fight, just curious, but what are spirits then, as you call them?
>>
File: img_01.jpg (50KB, 435x580px) Image search: [Google]
img_01.jpg
50KB, 435x580px
>>17184123

Probably. No experiences of my own in a church but I've been in plenty after hours and it does feel occupied. Older churches and many catholic churches have arched doorways as it was believed evil spirits perch themselves above doorways and try to drop into people as they enter or exit buildings. Most if not all modern churches now have square doorways.

A lot of evil has gone down in and continues to go down in churches though so I don't believe doorways will make a difference either way.

If you consider the theory that poltergeist is caused by psychological trauma then churches are a lot like hospitals. People are overly emotional in churches, sometimes to a disturbing degree, and a lot of bad things happen or are mentioned there. Although many people think Christians or religious people are "nice" or try to be happy the truth is they are macabre and spooky and have a lot of skeletons in their closets.

>>17185639

That's a good one.

>>17185964

Sounds spookles.
>>
>>17194529

>No experiences of my own in a church but I've been in plenty after hours and it does feel occupied

Ive felt this too. Theres something in the construction, the architecture and the athmosphere, I dont really know.

But one can feel something.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.