[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Holy Bible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: KRhiyAY.jpg (66KB, 507x391px) Image search: [Google]
KRhiyAY.jpg
66KB, 507x391px
Which version should I read?
>>
Kjv, poetic.
>>
>>17179067
Thanks!
What's your favorite verse?
>>
Don't know why but KING JEW Version is really pushed hard on the net. Maybe king jew changed some text related to the jewish overlords?
>>
>>17179049
King James. New international is an illuminati infected piece of dog shit.
>>
>>17179083
This made me smile

I like the Older English translations OP
>>
>>17179087
Thanks!
>>
>>17179088
Thanks!
>>
Kjv! Trust me.
>>
King James, you wouldn't read Shakespeare in modern tounge.
>>
>>17179049
Neither
>>
Reina-Valera 1960 version
>>
>>17179049
King hames version is the only accurate English translation. Other versions have some interesting translations in various passages but overall they are incorrect and at worse, some versions flat out deny that Jesus is God by removing passages, changing them or even placing a little note saying something along the lines of "many later versions were found to not contain this verse" which is total rubbish and should be treated as such.
>>
>>17179837
Furthermore....people incorrectly believe the "thee"s and "thou"s are part of old English but that was not the case nor the reason for their inclusion. These pronouns were chosen to best represent the case, tense and meaning of the original Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. It isn't to be poetic it is to differentiate between the pronouns
>>
>>17179280
That's a rather poor analogy, because the Early Modern English version of Shakespeare is the *original* text, whereas the King James is just one translation of the original Hebrew and Greek texts. And personally I'd say the best way to go, if you can be bothered to take the time and effort, is to read more than one translation simultaneously. It's like looking at a bunch of photographs of a 3-dimensional object from different angles to help you get a better idea of its shape.
>>
King james.
You dont need ANOTHER generation of changes.
>>
>>17179067
This. I love kjv English.
>>
>>17179858
Thee/thou/thine/thy/ye really were used in Early Modern English, though. They're second person nouns that all ended up being replaced by you in terms of use.
>>
Ignore the christfags, the bible is bullshit. Nobody knows which books to add, which to remove, which were hebrew, etc ie the 2 books of Maccabees, are they hebrew? Is the first hebrew? Why aren't they included? There's also extended versions of other books that are added and removed at will. Where is Magdalen apart from sucking Jew cock? Apochrypha? Judas? ....

It's all fairytales woven and re-stitched with every generation.
>>
File: 1451355539996.jpg (34KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
1451355539996.jpg
34KB, 400x534px
>>17180121
*Dips fedora*
>>
>>17179049
New World Translation. Best ever.
It restores God's personal name "Jehovah", where it belongs.
>>
We read New American Standard.
but honestly if you're just getting started reading the bible go for an easy translation. there's a lot to take in
>>
>>17179837
King James removes God's personal name from the scriptures, replacing it with the titles, Lord or God. Hiding God's personal name is blasphemy.
>>
The lolcats version.
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (21KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
21KB, 480x600px
>>17180183
>>
Oh hai. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat maded teh skiez An da Urfs, but he did not eated dem.

Da Urfs no had shapez An haded dark face, An Ceiling Cat rode invisible bike over teh waterz.

At start, no has lyte. An Ceiling Cat sayz, i can haz lite? An lite wuz.

Ceiling Cat sawed teh lite, to seez stuffs, An splitted teh lite from dark but taht wuz ok cuz kittehs can see in teh dark An not tripz over nethin.
>>
The Quran.

Nah I'm just fuckin with ya, they're all shit.
>>
>>17179049
This one
drbo.org/index.htm

As an orthodox I agree with this one.
>>
>>17180298
Should be chapter one my cat-loving friend, chapter fucking one.
>>
Book of Doge
>>
1 Corinthians 10:25King James Version (KJV)

25 Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:

Mind telling me what a "shambles" is any why someone would buy food there? KJV is archaic and outdated.
>>
The fact that the KJV uses the word “unicorn” nine times, and “satyr” twice (Isa. 13:21KJV; Isa. 34:14KJV), destroys its credibility , as unicorns and satyrs are regarded as a mythological creatures rather than the real animals which are mentioned in the original Hebrew Scriptures and in more contemporary translations.
>>
The translators of the KJV 1611 were untrained in Koine Greek.

Koine (“common”) Greek is the original language of the New Testament. Koine Greek had been a dead language for over a thousand years when the KJV was published for the first time in 1611. The translators of the KJV didn’t even know what Koine Greek was. Some people believed that the Greek language of the NT was a unique, Spirit-inspired dialect.[5] It was not until the late 1800s and during the 1900s, when tens of thousands of papyri documents were discovered – many written in Koine, that we could begin to understand the language more fully. Unlike the translators of the KJV, modern translators of the New Testament are scholars of Koine Greek.
>>
Esv is a word for word translation unlike KJV that paraphrases things. I recommend esv.
>>
Unicorns and Satyrs really existed faggot
>>
Young''s literal translation
or The New Jerusalem Bible

https://www.biblegateway.com/versions/Youngs-Literal-Translation-YLT-Bible/#booklist
>>
>>17179049
ESV

>What's your favorite verse?
1 Tim. 4:10 For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.
>>
>>17179082
>>17179093
>>17179096
Thanks!
>>
>>17180490
Thanks!
>>
>>17180668
Tyvm man
>>
>>17179049
None.

Seal of Solomon
>>
>>17180708
That's sum retarded shit m8.
>>
>>17179049
None of them
>>
>>17180833
And what's your reasoning?
>>
biblegateway.com/versions/1599-Geneva-Bible-GNV/

The Geneva Bible. The Bible read during the time of William Shakespeare, John Bunyan, and John Milton. Also, it is the Bibles taken to America on the Mayflower.
>>
>>17179049
KJV, because it's the only Bible that uses the textus receptus. The LXX manuscripts which all other bibles of today use are frauds.

Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ
>>
>>17180873
Hes an edgy teenager.
>>
File: translations.png (78KB, 918x1214px) Image search: [Google]
translations.png
78KB, 918x1214px
>>17179049
Depends on whether or not you believe in hell
>>
>>17179067
This. Psalms is beautiful.
>>
>>17180478
Psalms 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.
Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through He that gives me strength.
>>
>>17180906
Remove the reality of hell and you're stuck with people that do not fear God.

>The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever. Psalm 111:10
>>
>>17180903
I figured, sometimes these people have interesting or retarded reasons and it's fun to hear
>>
>>17179049
Read the old testiment
>>
>>17179049
Fuck me, either half of this thread is trolling or it's conclusive proof that /x/ doesn't know shit.

Read NIV (or RSV if you want some apocrypha) if you're anything other than a poet, other than the poetry there's basically no reason to read the KJV, even the Wikipeida article will tell you the translation is shit. I'm pretty sure at one point it even mentioned Easter in the OT and lets not talk about nephilim vs "giants".

>>17180445
>Young''s literal translation
This guy gets it.
>>
>>17180272
>Hiding God's personal name is blasphemy.
So was speaking it, which is why we don't know the name precisely anymore.
But, fine, replace Adonai with YHWH. Which is superflous anyway, since we know it's based of "I am that which is" or however you wanna translate what God said to Moses.
Woop-ti-doo.
>>
KJV fag here, it's not perfect but it is the least imperfect by a damn sight. All of it's errors are known and accounted for, you can't say the same for the others.

My favorite passage is Job 38-41.

Here's why:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSK9W5KNxUI

God asks Job 100 questions and Job doesn't answer a single one. But it's these questions could only be asked by the real, true, creator of the universe.

No primitive shepherds could have asked for instance about the springs beneath the sea, since people didn't even discover that there were springs beneath the sea until the 1970's. And that's only one question.
>>
As long as you have one
>>
>>17179049
Learn hebrew
>>
Just burn it don't waste your time
>>
>>17182546
Please, the Book of Job is pretty cool, and the intentional vagueness is awesome, but it's not not scientific, in the modern sense.
Still, His reply is quite interesting.
>>
>>17182488
The name is Jehova. It's in the KJV. It's not hidden, it's just more respectful to say LORD.
>>
File: answer enough.png (333KB, 652x682px) Image search: [Google]
answer enough.png
333KB, 652x682px
>>17179049
is that enough of an answer?
>>
Reminder that we have a religion board now.
>>
>>17179049
Both.
>>
>>17182989
we do?
>>
>>17182989
That board may have a been a more appropriate forum for this auestion, but eh. As much as I hate to say it, while the Bible may be of religious context, there is some pretty bizarre shit associated with it. I mean, talking snakes and water walking seem pretty paranormal to me.
>>
King James generally sounds nicer, however it's the most literal translation of the greek, which means some lines will be very laboured, and the meaning can be lost due to nuance and figures of speech etc.
>>
>>17180946
Why would a god need to rule through fear?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.