[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just wanted to get some input on an experience that I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: brain.jpg (41KB, 468x335px) Image search: [Google]
brain.jpg
41KB, 468x335px
I just wanted to get some input on an experience that I've had over the past years. I've noticed that sometimes I have a voice in my head. It mainly just offers arguments to opinionated things I think about or helps me work out problems on things such as tests in college. There's a noticeable difference between it and my own thoughts and I don't believe it to be my own conscience. At one time I had believed it to be a girl's voice and not my own. I thought it was just a phase, but it's been with me for at least 4 years now. It's not evil and is actually really friendly and helpful. I also don't believe it to be schizophrenia since it's not as extreme as those cases. Thoughts?
>>
>>17178957
Please tell me more.
>>
>>17178957
When you start hallucinating then I would worry but if it turns evil please go to a hospital for your sake and everyone else's
>>
>>17178957
grats you now have a anime loli irl in your head ,youre closer than any one of us has ever gotten
>>
>>17179021
How do you know it's not a tulpa?
>>
>>17178999
As the trips commands.
Like I said, when I was younger I noticed it had a female voice and would usually try to help me. At first I believed it to be an overactive imagination and ignored it, however after listening to its advice, I found it to be quite helpful. Then I believed maybe it's my own thoughts, but there is no way that the voice could offer sound advice that I wasn't thinking of and counter arguments to other things I was thinking. It's not once tried anything malicious so I just roll with it, however I'm a bit curious. The voice comes and go's whenever, but it definitely feels like a second person talking to me.
>>
What if it's the voice of your twin that you absorbed as a fetus.
>>
>>17179026
as far as ive read into tulpas they are made by us from us, but this thing appeared out of nowhere with no practice as it seems.

>>17179016
Also if it turns evil its ops imaginary friend since if he becomes aware that it might turn evil it will become evil since op is paying so much attention on the whole "evil" thing, evil is a human contraption it doesnt apply on anything else
>>
>>17178957
>>17179041
Or a Jedi master telling you to use the force.
>>
>>17179040
Interesting. If I were you I would just keep listening and take the advice given. Unless it's some fucked up shit, but I guess you know "right from wrong" anyway. What do you think it is? It's hard to tell, but most people would say mental illness for sure. Religious people would probably say gods or angels. It could be anything really..
>>
>>17179058
I'm not overly religious, but the term guardian angel fits very well.
>>
>>17179058
Maybe people are like radios and some people's frequency is in tuned to the right station and can hear the supernatural etc.
>>
>>17179040
this might be weird but you should get a fMRI scan on your brain and have them look if anything interesting pops up if the voice comes, ofcourse since it comes whenever you should practice calling it, so you could measure whatever it is, and where its coming from
>>
>>17179070
but im guessing seeing what parts of the brain light up when it comes doesnt really help, maybe.
>>
>>17179066
I actually believe that. People are tuned in to different frequencies. It makes sense desu.
>>
>>17178957
It's actually normal to hear voices other than our own in our heads occasionally. Boring for x I'm afraid but nothing to worry about.
>>
>>17179058
If it means anything I'm Gemini. Also times that I notice it are either when my mind wanders, I'm thinking a lot i.e. on a test, or sometimes during mundane thoughts. It's extremely quick to offer up its own thoughts.
>>
>>17179021
>anime loli in my head
What a living nightmare if that's true
>>
Isn't this just venture bros?
>>
>>17179139
Pretty cool. Btw have the "voice" ever given you like false info? Not necessarily on purpose, but have you taken an advice rom this voice and the outcome has been bad?
>>
>>17179159
I want to say yes, but I can't think of any exact experiences where that's happened. A lot of the time it is reminders or alternative suggestions.
>>
File: 1451921903914.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1451921903914.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>17179144
not if youre into that kind of stuff : ^)
>>
>>17179169
Well, my advice is just keep listening to the voice then. It's there to help you. Don't tell anyone about it. But if more voices start to occur, you should listen to the one that says "I'm losing my fucking shit here, and I need to see a psychiatrist asap" lol
>>
File: tumblr_m5tr5hy3lJ1qbs72yo1_500.jpg (34KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5tr5hy3lJ1qbs72yo1_500.jpg
34KB, 500x496px
lots of people "hear" voices or have an inner monologue or dialogue, whether they mention it or focus on it or not. I think this is a normal human experience, like your brain reinterpreting its own activity into something like a voice or language... reverb, like when you look in a mirror or talk to yourself. you just happened to notice it

desu as long as you can function well in your daily life, it doesn't matter. if you are ok, not harming yourself or others, doing the things you need and want to do, etc then don't worry about it
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.