[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lord Ganesha Hinduism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: ganesha.jpg (1MB, 792x1019px) Image search: [Google]
ganesha.jpg
1MB, 792x1019px
I saw Lord Ganesha (pic related) via a psychedelic hallucination before I had even seen and pictures of him.

Does this mean something? Has anyone else seen her while on specific drugs?
>>
>>17173900
Him*
It means as much as you want it to. You feel a connection? You want to learn more about it and maybe do something with the experience?
>>
>>17173912
Sorry, meant to say him. I feel an extremely deep connection (he has given me information). And yes, I want to do something with the experience and learn as much as possible.
>>
>>17173927
Well then id start off your journey with general google work. It sounds really mundane and unspiritual but trust me, it comes in handy.
If you do meditate, i can suggest trying to learn the mantra of ganesha and doing this process:
Chant the mantra while visualizing ganesha infront of you. Imagine how he is, maybe a bit movement. Try to feel how he is as a being, a person. Remember what you learn about him in your research. Try to remember his main traits as a god.
As you gain a stable visualisation and you feel confident and concentrated (the first few times itll be hard, no worries) imagine a ray of light shinning from his head. This light hits your forehead and you absorb the essence of ganesha. Feel how it is being him, adopt his world view and his atributes. Spend some time in that state, you can chant the mantra while doing that if you feel really distracted. Remember that this doesnt mean you literally are ganesha, you dont et superpowers.
When you feel sayosfied, id stay in this state for a minute or two more, its realy pleasant once you get used to it. Then imagine all of the visualisation, your body, everything slowly fading. At that moment, usually for a few miliseconds at first, your mind is blank. Try to look into the blankness without actually creating more thoughts. This is hard, and remember that this state is not nihilisticly empty, its full. Dont become nihilist.
At the end visualize the whole world coming back to place, or dont, it doesnt change much.
Id do this sober cause doing it on weed can make you paranoid, and i cant imagine other things.
Thats as much as i can say as i dont know ganesh specificly and the meditation technique i gave you is in general applicable to almost all hindu and buddhist meditation deities.
With practice, try adding more and more detail to the visualisation of ganesha. His rings, exact numbers of beads on bracelets etc. its hard but with practice its amazing what your brain can do

Hare hare mahadev!
>>
>>17174026
Thank you very much. I really appreciate this.
>>
>>17174161
Remember anon

Never trust Wikipedia when it comes to hinduism and its gods.
>>
BEST TOPIC IN THE CATALOG
>>
Anyone else pray to Ganesha? He seriously gets shit done
>>
>>17174026
Good post. This is, as you mentioned, a good guide to approaching Hindu deities in general.

>>17175336
This. For ritualistic and background into the non-Absolute aspects of the personalities of Hindu deities, you cannot get a resource better than the specific Puranas which discusses the particular deity. Only problem is that less "popular" puranas do not have English translations. Ganesh or Shiva Purana would be your best bet, and the latter is one that I would say is more likely to have an English translation.

>>17173900
>>17173927
OP, in what sense do you feel connected? What sort of "information" was transmitted?

Was it more of an intuition, something that colors (or discolors, if you know what I mean) every experience from this point forward? (like, all is one, or the Lord alone is the supreme reality, etc.)

Or was it something specific, related to particulars of time, space, circumstance? (i.e., like "doing x every day will give me y power" or something of a more mundane nature)

--
Lord Ganesh is an embodiment of the supreme reality. In his designation as "remover of obstacles," he is worshiped first and foremost. He is invocation. He is Om/Aum. He is Shiva and he is Shakti. He alone pervades the worlds, the manifest and unmanifest.

Best of luck and <3.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.