[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

old gravestone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: P_20150907_125456.jpg (2MB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
P_20150907_125456.jpg
2MB, 1224x1632px
So up the road from where I live is this old as fuck gravestone it has no names or dates, just the cross carved on both sides. It looks like an old Spanish cross to me, not positive. Any ideas? Also old cemetery thread
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
Part of the world? Closer pic?
>>
Only way to solve this mystery is to start digging and find out who's buried there.
>>
Op you're a lucky man. That's actually one of the many ways pirates would mark their buried treasure.
>>
>>17172187
Where are you from? Read up on history of your place, then you might find out.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Christ_Cross
>>
>>17172941
Central Alabama and I don't have a better picture at the moment >>17172945
I had thought about it honestly, could be some treasure
>>
>>17172951
Too far inland for pirate treasure, but possible Spanish gold or just some bones either way pretty cool in my book
>>
File: caravela.jpg (26KB, 314x400px) Image search: [Google]
caravela.jpg
26KB, 314x400px
The same cross?
>>
>>17172187

DIG IT UP OP
>>
>>17172187
19th century property marker.
>>
>>17172187

Dig around it and post pictures op don't be lame
>>
To get your answer, OP, is to dig it up. If you're feeling scared, bring a friend along then.
>>
>>17173294
Wouldn't there be more around?
>>
>>17173306
Nowhere near scared to dig it up would rather run a metal detector over it first though just to make sure it would be worth the effort
>>
>>17172187
I believe this could be some ancient evil ritual. It involves burring the body face down and putting a long narrow rock like seen in the pic in the hole. Most of the rock is buried and meant to crush in the head put the tip protrudes as an unmarked head stone. Sometimes they have a symbol on them but never any names or dates. This ritual is meant to bind the soul to the exact spot the corpse is buried in the cold dark ground.
>>
looks kind of like a templar cross
>>
Where in Alabama? Any chance you can take the LAT and LON coordinates and post?
>>
>>17172187
It's small. Maybe it was a kid.

There's an old as fuck gravestone in the local cemetry and it has skull and cross bones on it.
>>
>>17174119
That's pretty cool wonder why
>>17174096
On the walker county line and not posting any coordinates, for your benefit not mine, just saying you don't wanna fuck around in my neck of the woods, unless you've made peace with whatever god you pray to. We shoot first and hide the body and don't even bother asking questions
>>
>>17173315
200 years is a long time, people and nature move stuff
>>
>>17174745
A little more than telling me its on the Walker County line would be useful. County line near where? I don't plan on driving from Texas to look at this, but knowing where it is could help identify what it is. Unless this is RP, then tell me so I can stop wasting my time.
>>
>>17172990
thats not true though when i was in arkansas there were plenty of (small) treasure finds
>>
Dont dig that shit up.

Leave it for future generations.
>>
>>17172187
That could also be a KKK cross...dig it up OP
>>
>>17176278

To dig up?
>>
>>17174935
What's to RP? Honestly just thought it was something cool to discuss and wasn't saying that you would be the one coming out this way but considering the population of this board I'd rather not risk it.
>>
>>17177307
SKELETON!@#!@$!@$!@$

i bet its a skeleton, why slide all threads? so many rp, such skeleton
>>
Bumpareno
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.